Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,435 members, 7,801,013 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 09:56 AM

Why Do Older Nairalanders Discriminate Against The Younger Ones? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why Do Older Nairalanders Discriminate Against The Younger Ones? (1384 Views)

Look At The Snake My Younger Brother Killed This Night At His Door Step (PICS) / Why Does The Society Discriminate Against Those Who Try To Be Different? / 10 Ways We Discriminate Against The Male Gender (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Older Nairalanders Discriminate Against The Younger Ones? by Blackteeth(m): 5:41pm On Jul 26, 2013
There is something very common among those who are feeling like the "elders" in this forum. This problem actually extends beyond Nairaland to the real life of Nigerians. Age is always a huge issue in all aspects of life in Nigeria.

Here on Nairaland, the "elders" are always pissed each time the discover a younger one among them. They always come up with statements like "So there are too many kids on this site". The truth is that having old boys and little boys interact on this site is part of the beauty of Nairaland, and besides Nairaland wasn't set up for only people with walking sticks.

One reason why discriminating against younger ones on Nairaland is not welcomed is because if the young ones do not interact with the elders, how do we expect the elders to impart their knowledge on the younger ones who will take over from the elders someday? How would the young ones learn if they dont interact with the old experienced ones on Nairaland?

Secondly, the elders on Nairaland should not make the mistake their parents made. Our parents kept themselves away from children and today the consequences are clear. Most of our parents can not use laptops, hi-tech phones or understand the thoughts of their children and some things they do. They are now completely out of touch with the lifestyle of the younger generation. The bottomline here is that having kids on Nairaland will always update the elder's knowledge of what kids are up to these days and know how well to handle them.

The next thing I have I have to say is that the elders on Nairaland should not underate the knowledge and wisdom of those we refer to as kids on here. Truth is that some kids are more intelligent than the so-called elders. Sometimes when you are reading through a thread everybody seems to make sense, we will never know some kids are behind the scenes churning out powerful comments. We only remember there are kids on nairaland when a poster who was probably an elder makes a silly comment then we rush to blame it on kids without evidence they are the culprit. Alot of us are pissed with that "first to comment" game. We always blame it on kids. But I have once caught an elder do that! Lets not forget that Jesus was 12 years when he taught some elders in the temple. God also mentioned according to bible that he can use underated things to fool those who feel they are too wise. Those you refered to as kids have actually taught you things on Nairaland which you never knew.

Finally I have to remind us that some of us have kids in our homes. When kids mess up our homes we bring them to order and clean up the mess. So we have to apply the principle on Nairaland to bring the kids to order and the elderly mods should clean the mess. Discriminating kids on Nairaland is not best idea. Please the elders on Nairaland should hug the kids and aplogize to them for their discriminatory statements. wink

1 Like

Re: Why Do Older Nairalanders Discriminate Against The Younger Ones? by dominique(f): 5:53pm On Jul 26, 2013
Sorry I didn't read the entire epistle above. but those who have spent at least half a decade here will agree that this site has been this site has been taken over by juveniles who add very little quality to the forum. imagine an important topic is being discussed and someone jumps in and asks a silly garri or tonto dike question. If you take a good look at majority of those making such comments, its the 'youngies' you feel deserve so much respect.
I reall miss the old nairaland before the juvenile deliquents took over sad

6 Likes

Re: Why Do Older Nairalanders Discriminate Against The Younger Ones? by Blackteeth(m): 6:06pm On Jul 26, 2013
dominique: Sorry I didn't read the entire epistle above. but those who has spent at least half a decade here will agree that this site has been this site has been taken over by juveniles who add very little quality to the forum. imagine an important topic is being discussed and someone jumps in and asks a silly garri or tonto dike question. If you take a good look at majority of those making such comments, its the 'youngies' you feel deserve so much respect.
I sure miss the old nairaland before the juvenile deliquents took over sad

I answered your comment in my epistle before you dropped it . You should have read it first.
Re: Why Do Older Nairalanders Discriminate Against The Younger Ones? by dopeJemi: 6:16pm On Jul 26, 2013
dominique: Sorry I didn't read the entire epistle above. but those who has spent at least half a decade here will agree that this site has been this site has been taken over by juveniles who add very little quality to the forum. imagine an important topic is being discussed and someone jumps in and asks a silly garri or tonto dike question. If you take a good look at majority of those making such comments, its the 'youngies' you feel deserve so much respect.
I sure miss the old nairaland before the juvenile deliquents took over sad
can u prove 2 us dat d peeps dat ask silLy questions r juveniLes? Wah bouh d oLd goats dat put their pictures down 4 rating? Do u think dat Yezudo, Mr cork and d rest of dem r Kids? U guys act Like u came outta ur mother's womb as aduLts

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Older Nairalanders Discriminate Against The Younger Ones? by Blackteeth(m): 6:51pm On Jul 26, 2013
dopeJemi: can u prove 2 us dat d peeps dat ask silLy questions r juveniLes? Wah bouh d oLd goats dat put their pictures down 4 rating? Do u think dat Yezudo, Mr cork and d rest of dem r Kids? U guys act Like u came outta ur mother's womb as aduLts

Help me tell them.
Re: Why Do Older Nairalanders Discriminate Against The Younger Ones? by Emmyk(m): 7:07pm On Jul 26, 2013
Hmmmn
Re: Why Do Older Nairalanders Discriminate Against The Younger Ones? by Nobody: 7:54pm On Jul 26, 2013
juvenile deliquents
Re: Why Do Older Nairalanders Discriminate Against The Younger Ones? by dominique(f): 9:12pm On Jul 26, 2013
dopeJemi: can u prove 2 us dat d peeps dat ask silLy questions r juveniLes? Wah bouh d oLd goats dat put their pictures down 4 rating? Do u think dat Yezudo, Mr cork and d rest of dem r Kids? U guys act Like u came outta ur mother's womb as aduLts

Those that put their pics out for ratings are not in anyway immature imo. Its those that reply in the crudest of ways that are. This is an anonymous forum, there's no way we can tell a person's age range of posters except from the quality of their posts. Sorry to say, but a lot of posts from these 'youths' leave a lot to be desired.
Re: Why Do Older Nairalanders Discriminate Against The Younger Ones? by Nobody: 9:17pm On Jul 26, 2013
^^^
Can you please explain why you used this "juvenile deliquents" for the "kids"?
Re: Why Do Older Nairalanders Discriminate Against The Younger Ones? by AbuMikey(m): 9:40pm On Jul 26, 2013
OP, 1000000 likes for You!!!!!!

Actually the "senior citizens" on Nairaland Nation always feel like they the Bosses here,bully You,call you under-20 embarassed ,call you kids, and all sorts of mind depressing names,they've forgotten that its a faceless forum and they were once "Kids" when they registerd!Some of them have got some kinda cliques around the forum that makes you feel you not wanted here,You just take a look at Romance section and You will understand more about the clique am talking about!
Let me add this,its not like am tryinna Boast or something like that,but Most of the "senior citizens" here who look down on us(Younger Generation) are Dull fellaz with the kinda posts you see from them!!!
And lastly,if you take whatever I say or tell you here serious,it then means You are on a lonnnnng thing,cos am not the kinda guy some of You think I am!

If any foool Quote me for a stupid reason,I would unleash my e-anger on that Person cheesy

#VexedNigga
#RealMatters
cool
Re: Why Do Older Nairalanders Discriminate Against The Younger Ones? by Nomski0(f): 9:52pm On Jul 26, 2013
Abu Mikey: OP, 1000000 likes for You!!!!!!

Actually the "senior citizens" on Nairaland Nation always feel like they the Bosses here,bully You,call you under-20 embarassed ,call you kids, and all sorts of mind depressing names,they've forgotten that its a faceless forum and they were once "Kids" when they registerd!Some of them have got some kinda cliques around the forum that makes you feel you not wanted here,You just take a look at Romance section and You will understand more about the clique am talking about!
Let me add this,its not like am tryinna Boast or something like that,but Most of the "senior citizens" here who look down on us(Younger Generation) are Dull fellaz with the kinda posts you see from them!!!
And lastly,if you take whatever I say or tell you here serious,it then means You are on a lonnnnng thing,cos am not the kinda guy some of You think I am!

If any foool Quote me for a stupid reason,I would unleash my e-anger on that Person cheesy

#VexedNigga
#RealMatters
cool

Why are you now vexed
Has someone discriminated against you? undecided
Re: Why Do Older Nairalanders Discriminate Against The Younger Ones? by AbuMikey(m): 10:04pm On Jul 26, 2013
Nomski0:

Why are you now vexed
Has someone discriminated against you? undecided
So much Discrimination!!!! angry
Re: Why Do Older Nairalanders Discriminate Against The Younger Ones? by Nomski0(f): 10:14pm On Jul 26, 2013
Abu Mikey: So much Discrimination!!!! angry
Alright big guy.....try to calm down before you e-shoot somebody.
Re: Why Do Older Nairalanders Discriminate Against The Younger Ones? by Nobody: 10:16pm On Jul 26, 2013
Abu Mikey

lol.... This thread finally gives you opportunity to vent you anger.
Re: Why Do Older Nairalanders Discriminate Against The Younger Ones? by druid06(m): 10:17pm On Jul 26, 2013
The attitude I so much despise on this forum is the "First to comment" written on any fresh threads that hits the frontpage.

And sincerely speaking, I have witnessed even the older members displaying such childish attributes on this Forum.

I am not really sure what the writer of this thread has in mind but I believe we're all adults on this Forum. Most of the members on here ranges from 20-35 years old which in most countries are regarded legally as adults.

There's nothing anyone can do to change the mindset of people on here. Some dudes are here to have fun and troll at the despair of others.

I have since learned to avoid some comments/behaviours on this forum since it's not worth it while I have guiltily repayed fire for fire to some individuals on here too. The annoying part of these all is the wolf pact some older members on this forum has formed. It makes it hard for new members to mingle which in a way seems like segregration and discrimination.

I don't really give a hoot about Nairaland and it's members when I have real friends in the real world instead of pretending to be something I'm not to impress some anonymous individuals who may seem to be what they project online.

So in a nutshell, an advice to the op is try not to give a f-uck like I do. It seems to work for me grin grin
Re: Why Do Older Nairalanders Discriminate Against The Younger Ones? by AbuMikey(m): 10:33pm On Jul 26, 2013
idnoble135:
lol.... This thread finally gives you opportunity to vent you anger.
Ya know! cool
Re: Why Do Older Nairalanders Discriminate Against The Younger Ones? by AbuMikey(m): 10:34pm On Jul 26, 2013
Nomski0:
Alright big guy.....try to calm done before you e-shoot somebody.
tongue
Re: Why Do Older Nairalanders Discriminate Against The Younger Ones? by Nomski0(f): 10:46pm On Jul 26, 2013
Abu Mikey: tongue

Put your tongue in ur mouth jare
undecided
Re: Why Do Older Nairalanders Discriminate Against The Younger Ones? by dopeJemi: 11:04pm On Jul 26, 2013
dominique:

Those that put their pics out for ratings are not in anyway immature imo. Its those that reply in the crudest of ways that are. This is an anonymous forum, there's no way we can tell a person's age range of posters except from the quality of their posts. Sorry to say, but a lot of posts from these 'youths' leave a lot to be desired.
hmmm! IYO dou... It seems u r a fulL grown woman?
Re: Why Do Older Nairalanders Discriminate Against The Younger Ones? by Idowuogbo(f): 11:13pm On Jul 26, 2013
Delinquents? Haba! Na wa o! And na Aunty we dey call dem o! Smh!
Re: Why Do Older Nairalanders Discriminate Against The Younger Ones? by AbuMikey(m): 11:22pm On Jul 26, 2013
Nomski0:

Put your tongue in ur mouth jare
undecided
angry
Re: Why Do Older Nairalanders Discriminate Against The Younger Ones? by Mynd44: 12:03am On Jul 27, 2013
I love this thread.

@OP, when you talk of young people on NL, are you referring to their real age or the age they joined? Their is a User Natasha who when she was 16 made more sense than the grandpas (they know themselves) here.

It is about how you interact and make comments. No one actually cares about your age, your comments tell then who you are better

1 Like

Re: Why Do Older Nairalanders Discriminate Against The Younger Ones? by Nobody: 12:20am On Jul 27, 2013
boo! cheesy
Re: Why Do Older Nairalanders Discriminate Against The Younger Ones? by AbuMikey(m): 12:23am On Jul 27, 2013
Goodnight Y'all!
Re: Why Do Older Nairalanders Discriminate Against The Younger Ones? by Gboliwe: 2:58am On Jul 27, 2013
Blackteeth:
I answered your comment in my epistle before you dropped it . You should have read it first.
No sane person will read that epistle from A 2 Z
Re: Why Do Older Nairalanders Discriminate Against The Younger Ones? by AbuMikey(m): 7:11am On Jul 27, 2013
Gboliwe:
No sane person will read that epistle from A 2 Z
Another "Old citizen" trying to be "like a boss!"
Re: Why Do Older Nairalanders Discriminate Against The Younger Ones? by Nobody: 7:19am On Jul 27, 2013
Abu Mikey: Ya know! cool
chill out dude, they call some members kids meaning they are adults. When the kids would attain puberty, they would have reached menopause. Lol, its just not worth the hassle
Re: Why Do Older Nairalanders Discriminate Against The Younger Ones? by Blackteeth(m): 7:39am On Jul 27, 2013
Mynd_44: I love this thread.

@OP, when you talk of young people on NL, are you referring to their real age or the age they joined? Their is a User Natasha who when she was 16 made more sense than the grandpas (they know themselves) here.

It is about how you interact and make comments. No one actually cares about your age, your comments tell then who you are better

Am refering to their real age. But why do the old guys blame everything going wrong here on "kids" without proper evidence that they are responsible?
Re: Why Do Older Nairalanders Discriminate Against The Younger Ones? by Mynd44: 8:08am On Jul 27, 2013
Blackteeth:
Am refering to their real age. But why do the old guys blame everything going wrong here on "kids" without proper evidence that they are responsible?
Because a lot of comments look like what my 5 year old cousin would write na.

Respect is earned and if anyone wants to be treated like an adult, that person should act(make comments) like one

1 Like

Re: Why Do Older Nairalanders Discriminate Against The Younger Ones? by Gboliwe: 3:28am On Jul 28, 2013
Abu Mikey: Another "Old citizen" trying to be "like a boss!"
grin you don't mean it.
Re: Why Do Older Nairalanders Discriminate Against The Younger Ones? by 190: 6:56am On Jul 29, 2013
I don't really give a hoot about Nairaland and it's members when I have real friends in the real world instead of pretending to be something I'm not to impress some anonymous individuals who may seem to be what they project online

END OF DISCUSSION

with that been said i believe some of the bigots on this site who seat on NL 24/7 cos they got no lives out there than seating on NL with their nokia/BB MTN powered fones really need to go check their already tarted lives
Re: Why Do Older Nairalanders Discriminate Against The Younger Ones? by 190: 6:56am On Jul 29, 2013
its such a pity undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Does "Insufficient Permissions" Mean? / 7 Principles Of An Eagle – Dr. Myles Monroe / Wanna Be Popular Here In Romanceland? Click!! Click!! Click!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.