Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,141 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:40 AM

Why Do Males Verbally Degrade The Female Relatives Of Males They Quarrel With? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Do Males Verbally Degrade The Female Relatives Of Males They Quarrel With? (902 Views)

A Ritual In Indonesia Where Relatives Raise Their Dead Ones Every Three Years / The Female Pastor Who Preaches With Her "Manchester" Exposed / The Population Of Males Exceeds Females (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Males Verbally Degrade The Female Relatives Of Males They Quarrel With? by Nobody: 6:01pm On Jul 26, 2013
Often in this forum and out of it girls are used as pawns when guys are engaged in a flame war.

You have guys saying something to the effect of s''hagging his opponent's mother/sister/girlfriend/wife to get under his skin. Other sayings such as having her/them perform lurid acts of sexual submission (i.e blowjobs) will also be used.

Most times such descriptions are fiction but I wonder what this serves to prove.

To deliver a blow to the ego? Of course this is obvious but then do guys subconsciously see girls as "property?" What exactly do these lines of insult do to make the aggressor feel like a "winner?".

In the politics section I occasionally see tamer versions of this.

Such as when male Yoruba bigots say that Igbo girls are "easy" to sleep with, just to get at their opponents.

Or when Igbo guys who are tribalists say that yoruba girls are ugly.

My question is, why do some men do this? What is going on in their heads?
Re: Why Do Males Verbally Degrade The Female Relatives Of Males They Quarrel With? by litgirl22: 6:17pm On Jul 26, 2013
U jst answered ur own question.

Ego....men cannot liv without it.
Re: Why Do Males Verbally Degrade The Female Relatives Of Males They Quarrel With? by Nobody: 7:48pm On Jul 26, 2013
They could trying to win a score.. And thats a cheap point.
Re: Why Do Males Verbally Degrade The Female Relatives Of Males They Quarrel With? by GangstaGrillz: 12:22pm On Jul 27, 2013
Tribalistic thread by a pretentious and snakey tribalist and bigot.

Spits on the thread! undecided
Re: Why Do Males Verbally Degrade The Female Relatives Of Males They Quarrel With? by Nobody: 12:42pm On Jul 27, 2013
Because they are cowards. And from my observation its not just igbo, yoruba or even just nigerians who do this. Some ppl from other african nations on this forum and even non-africans do that lame crap.

A boy is a boy and a man is a man. No real man will do that.

Now I wont lie, I have laughed lol because it is funny at times but the fact is, in the end its not cool.
Re: Why Do Males Verbally Degrade The Female Relatives Of Males They Quarrel With? by Nobody: 3:19am On Jul 28, 2013
Lol believe it or not the flame thread involving Ghana vs. Nigeria (in this culture section) got me thinking about this.

*Kails*:
Because they are cowards. And from my observation its not just igbo, yoruba or even just nigerians who do this. Some ppl from other african nations on this forum and even non-africans do that lame crap.

A boy is a boy and a man is a man. No real man will do that.

Now I wont lie, I have laughed lol because it is funny at times but the fact is, in the end its not cool.
Re: Why Do Males Verbally Degrade The Female Relatives Of Males They Quarrel With? by Nobody: 3:23am On Jul 28, 2013
idnoble135: They could trying to win a score.. And thats a cheap point.

I know this, but why do Men do this more often than women?
Re: Why Do Males Verbally Degrade The Female Relatives Of Males They Quarrel With? by biafranqueen: 6:31am On Jul 29, 2013
nnenna.1:

I know this, but why do Men do this more often than women?

My Dear men are always little boys even when they reach elder status. Women are very immature when it comes to envy of other women, for example in the work place when a women is single and her co-worker is happily married, she will find ways to bring the women down and make her look foolish. She will verbally degrade her behind her back and even in her face. For both parties it is a lack of upbringing and self-esteem. In my opinion when women lean to stop putting down her fellow women our men will follow wink

(1) (Reply)

Stop Spreading Fear! / Eheneden Erediauwa Begins Rites To Be Crowned New Oba Of Benin (PHOTOS) / Emir Of Katsina And His Entourage Admiring A London Traffic Light In 1933.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.