Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,318 members, 7,808,069 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:37 AM

Obaobona Slams Wenger Over Invitation For Trial - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Obaobona Slams Wenger Over Invitation For Trial (33115 Views)

Jose Mourinho Takes A Jab At Arsene Wenger Over Arsenal’s Transfer Spending... / Mourinho Agrees With Wenger Over FIFA Ballon D'or / Oboabona Denies Receiving Arsenal Invitation For A Trial (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obaobona Slams Wenger Over Invitation For Trial by Funpeter: 4:57pm On Jul 27, 2013
Diasporan:
Dude going for a trial in a nasty club like Arsenal and you are not taken automatically spoils your profile as a Player.So its better to sign on to a club in Ukraine or Turkey instead of attempting that career suicide of a trial in a club like Arsenal.
do u mean failure in arsenal means u are doom to fail? Jst asking, what of ibrahimovic is he a failure?
Re: Obaobona Slams Wenger Over Invitation For Trial by Nobody: 4:58pm On Jul 27, 2013
Funpeter: do u mean failure in arsenal means u are doom to fail? Jst asking, what of ibrahimovic is he a failure?

he never ever ever ever ever ever played for arsenal,he was asked to come for trial and he bluntly told arsene to go F himself..not exact words though

1 Like

Re: Obaobona Slams Wenger Over Invitation For Trial by tommykiwi(m): 4:59pm On Jul 27, 2013
Bigcake: Obaobona is not a coward. U na long throat go kill u.
what is wrong being called up for trial in such a big club like Arsenal,he is not the first and wouldn't neva be the last too.
Re: Obaobona Slams Wenger Over Invitation For Trial by KayDee4: 5:00pm On Jul 27, 2013
milehigh06:
exposure...what exposure other exposure do you need for an african player than nations cup and confed cup and world cup.which league in Africa is up to scratch?when the boy moves to a club and starts to makle raves,you will see arsenal fans shouting they stole the player from them

It's left for them to say how much they know about him not for him to say how much they should know about him. He can prove himself by doing his talking with his boots.

Yeah, any other club can sign him without a trial if its a risk they are willing to take and if he does well for them, then "good deal".

I'm not against Arsenal signing him, my point is that there's nothing strange or insulting about requesting for a trial.
Re: Obaobona Slams Wenger Over Invitation For Trial by Nobody: 5:03pm On Jul 27, 2013
Kay-Dee:

It's left for them to say how much they know about him not for him to say how much they should know about his him. He can prove himself by doing his talking with his boots.

Yeah, any other club can sign him without a trial if its a risk they are willing to take and if he does well for them, then "good deal".

I'm not against Arsenal signing him, my point is that there's nothing strange or insulting about requesting for a trial.
dont get me wrong,not even accusing you of that.if its some unknown Nigerian player,yea its understandable,but an established member of one of AFRICA's best teams,its a slap.how many experienced members of other top national teams get called for trials...maybe if your country is macedonia,or one of those unknown teams
Re: Obaobona Slams Wenger Over Invitation For Trial by honeric01(m): 5:05pm On Jul 27, 2013
Chukskalidon:
9 years trophyless club but still a top team in Europe. Oboabanna just play mediocre teams like Burkina Faso and expects to come to a top team like Arsenal without trial. How many Nigerian players do well in Europes and how many plays for top teams......he's just afraid cos he knows he's below standard.

Pls tell us how many national team games 50% of the current Arsenal players played before they were bought by Arsenal! Infact 70% of the current squad were unknown players when they were signed by Arsenal.

Lastly, why didn't Arsene call sanogo for trials before signing him?

1 Like

Re: Obaobona Slams Wenger Over Invitation For Trial by Adufaye(m): 5:05pm On Jul 27, 2013
nerodenero: I totally disagree with your comment.Most African players are treated like poo in Europe,aside age cheats common in Africa,the amount African players are purchased is highly disgusting.I think Oboabona made a good point.He knows his worth,experience,technicality etc,the reason is bold to attack Arsenal.How many players of African heritage could respond like this.No worry my guy,be good at what you do and every soon,a better and trophy-driven clubs like Barcelona,Bayern,Real Madrid,Manchester Utd and Chelsea will come knocking.
well dy is ur own opinion,I gat many frnds dat went fr trials nd hv heard many,frm local club(training)! Him dy NPL dy form
Re: Obaobona Slams Wenger Over Invitation For Trial by Funpeter: 5:05pm On Jul 27, 2013
Adufaye: bros if u perform wel fr trial,dem go surely pick u,b4 any Africa player go perform well 4 Europe dem go 1st go 1st trials,drogba,eto'o,mikel,yaya,kolo,kanu,etc all did trials b4 dy sign 4 european club!

Stanley okoro went 4 trial nd were field wit his age group,he was knock out,due 2 d pace nd knockin"old man like am"

Obaobona neva play 4 Europe,nd e no fit stand d pace of EPL,e go good make him go fr d trial,some south america players dy do trial 4 europe club b4 dey sign dem nd africa player no go con do?
yaya was rejected by arsenal even after trials even drogba so no excuse let him go nd proof to arsenal dats is worthy to wear the great arsenal jersy if not let him be a local champion if he is satisfy with dat i rest my case.
Re: Obaobona Slams Wenger Over Invitation For Trial by Soso990240(m): 5:06pm On Jul 27, 2013
zerocool: Even Cristiano Ronaldo went for Trials at Arsenal back then and Zlatan Ibrahimovic

He should better carry his bags and go for trials. Nobody knows him just yet.. Even Mikel will be eager to play for Arsenal if offered a deal. You are offered trial..a stepping stone to a deal, you dey do yanga. Arsenal does not waste time trying to convince a player to join them. You turn them down, they try a little harder and if it seems you are not too passionate about them, they move on to the next player available and they are still among the topmost club in the EPL.

Mikel who was popular in Nigeria youth world cup with Messi..and plays in Norway, went for trial at Man Utd and Chelsea.

And also many many other great players you know now today. Who is Obawetin? Sunshine Stars my foot!
stop misleading people.man.u signed mikel straight away wit no trial,before chelsea startd their 'thief man ' atitude.mikel neva went for any trial in any club.
Re: Obaobona Slams Wenger Over Invitation For Trial by Nobody: 5:08pm On Jul 27, 2013
Funpeter: yaya was rejected by arsenal even after trials even drogba so no excuse let him go nd proof to arsenal dats is worthy to wear the great arsenal jersy if not let him be a local champion if he is satisfy with dat i rest my case.
and if arsenal was to buy those players now,howmuch will they spend and slo,did you see what drogba always did to arsenal...now tell me,who appeared foolish in the long run?
Re: Obaobona Slams Wenger Over Invitation For Trial by phemmyibjyahoo: 5:08pm On Jul 27, 2013
Wenger is looking for cheap playetr, unknow to him Obaobona is not among.
Re: Obaobona Slams Wenger Over Invitation For Trial by ABUkAkA: 5:10pm On Jul 27, 2013
I recalled that Zlatan Ibrahimović was invited by this wenger for trial. This man is sick !
Re: Obaobona Slams Wenger Over Invitation For Trial by Nobody: 5:10pm On Jul 27, 2013
phemmyibj@yahoo:
Wenger is looking for cheap playetr, unknow to him Obaobona is not among.
exactly,trying to avoid paying transfer fee.for godfrey to go for trials with arsenal,he has to get out of his contract with whatever team he is with then arsenal will just offer him contract without having to pay transfer fee or at most,minimal transfer fee
Re: Obaobona Slams Wenger Over Invitation For Trial by Funpeter: 5:10pm On Jul 27, 2013
honeric01:

Pls tell us how many national team games 50% of the current Arsenal players played before they were bought by Arsenal! Infact 70% of the current squad were unknown players when they were signed by Arsenal.

Lastly, why didn't Arsene call sanogo for trials before signing him?
sanongo is a ypung player, ramsey was d best brittsh player den jack was young from academy per and poldi has over 100 caps between dem cazorla rosicky plays for their country who else oh arteta played for spain youth team once walcot is an english regular player dese are top players let Godfrey go and proff him self in europe even if na crytals palace or burnly omeruo has don that and our mikel too
Re: Obaobona Slams Wenger Over Invitation For Trial by KayDee4: 5:10pm On Jul 27, 2013
milehigh06:
dont get me wrong,not even accusing you of that.if its some unknown Nigerian player,yea its understandable,but an established member of one of AFRICA's best teams,its a slap.how many experienced members of other top national teams get called for trials...maybe if your country is macedonia,or one of those unknown teams

y'all are saying they should sign him without a trial in other words, THEY SHOULD 'KNOW' HIM WELL.

and they are saying, " we don't know him that much but we're interested in him and will like to know more about his on-field abilities" which is what I understand a trial to be all about.
Re: Obaobona Slams Wenger Over Invitation For Trial by Nobody: 5:13pm On Jul 27, 2013
ABU_kAkA: I recalled that Zlatan Ibrahimović was invited by this wenger for trial. This man is sick !
and zlatan promptly told him he must be smoking some ish and see how zlatan turned out.one of the best in europe over many seasons.1st time i saw him at malmo,he was a beast and when i saw him play for sweden,he was an absolute beast and lets not start with ajax and then when i got to know he was invited for trial with arsenal,i got to realize how dumb they were over there

1 Like

Re: Obaobona Slams Wenger Over Invitation For Trial by Adufaye(m): 5:13pm On Jul 27, 2013
Noblechyk:
Mikel went for trial where? The Mikel we know or another Mikel? U must be a millenium fool to hav typed d above rubish. Ur post is jus a self subjection to modern slavery. Only Vermallen does better than Obaobona in Arsenal back four. Invitation for trial is an embarrassment in the highest order. No offence dear but repent so we can move forward.
bros y u go talk like dis na,say na only vermaelen play pass Obaobona,person wey no body knw until AFCON,per matersacker nd kosicleny gud pass am 1bilion tyms,even Mique wey dy reserve team play pas am

Leta u go use obaobona compare luiz,olsson,taylor,evans,agger,richards etc
Re: Obaobona Slams Wenger Over Invitation For Trial by Nobody: 5:14pm On Jul 27, 2013
Funpeter: sanongo is a ypung player, ramsey was d best brittsh player den jack was young from academy per and poldi has over 100 caps between dem cazorla rosicky plays for their country who else oh arteta played for spain youth team once walcot is an english regular player dese are top players let Godfrey go and proff him self in europe even if na crytals palace or burnly omeruo has don that and our mikel too
more reason why he should have a trial...he is unproven
Re: Obaobona Slams Wenger Over Invitation For Trial by ideylaff: 5:17pm On Jul 27, 2013
Wizard_of_Oz:

My dear, tht time is now.. He isn't a teenager or some unknown player.. If they don't have the courtesy to send scouts down or the sense to go thru his videos then they deserve whatever insults they get from a player like him..
GOD BLESS NIGERIA

you sef know say players on youtube look like stars....all d time LOL
Re: Obaobona Slams Wenger Over Invitation For Trial by Adufaye(m): 5:20pm On Jul 27, 2013
milehigh06:

in as much as I would like himto jump at the opportunityI am really glad he took this step because lets face it,is djourou better than him,is squilacci better than him...did arsene not just sign a 17 year old from the U21 championships without trial?that is disrespectful to Nigeria as a whole after what kanu has done for arsenal and u have people talking about him grabbing the chance,well,that is the reason why you have Nigerians playing in indonesian league and indian league all in the name of grabbing the chance.Godfrey,more power to your elbows for what you have chosen to do,if its your destiny to play for a major club,the one that actually wins trophies will come for you for he is a very good player.Sure arsenal would have done the same to omeruo if he wasnt already a chelsea player.and was it not the same arsenal that decided to send players to Nigeria for photo shoot but will send entire teams to indonesia to go and play full games
lets be proud for once
djourou nd senderos,(2 worst arsenal defenders pair 4 tournament witout conceding any goal) while didn't he(oboabona) nd omeruo do dsame at afcon or cofcup
Re: Obaobona Slams Wenger Over Invitation For Trial by honeric01(m): 5:25pm On Jul 27, 2013
Funpeter: sanongo is a ypung player, ramsey was d best brittsh player den jack was young from academy per and poldi has over 100 caps between dem cazorla rosicky plays for their country who else oh arteta played for spain youth team once walcot is an english regular player dese are top players let Godfrey go and proff him self in europe even if na crytals palace or burnly omeruo has don that and our mikel too

What are you saying? These 'youth' players you're talking about played where? Their own local leagues before they were signed, true or false?

He should go and prove himself where? By coming for trials? So trial is now a bigger platform to prove yourself than the nations cup and confederations cup? Whatapity!
Re: Obaobona Slams Wenger Over Invitation For Trial by ideylaff: 5:25pm On Jul 27, 2013
Funny people are slamming Arsenal..

Please read up guys....Trophies alone dont make clubs say what you like Arsenal is big

Forbes' list of the most valuable football clubs

[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forbes'_list_of_the_most_valuable_football_clubs[/url]

http://www.forbes.com/teams/arsenal/

http://www.forbes.com/sites/forbespr/2013/07/15/forbes-announces-the-worlds-50-most-valuable-sports-team/

Rankings as of 17 April 2013.[1]

Rank Team Country Value ($M)[2] % change
on year Revenue ($M)
1 Real Madrid Spain 3,300 76 650
2 Manchester United England 3,165 42 502
3 Barcelona Spain 2,600 99 613
4 Arsenal England 1,326 3 368
5 Bayern Munich Germany 1,309 6 468
6 Milan Italy 945 -4 326
7 Chelsea England 901 18 409
8 Juventus Italy 694 17 248
9 Manchester City England 689 35 362
10 Liverpool England 651 5 296

Obaobona's loss if you ask me...
Re: Obaobona Slams Wenger Over Invitation For Trial by Adufaye(m): 5:26pm On Jul 27, 2013
milehigh06:

the 17 year olds that arsenal keep on signing,where were they tested?
yes na! All were tested,gideon zelalem was tested 4 2trials b4 he was signed! Mostly called d new fabregas!
Re: Obaobona Slams Wenger Over Invitation For Trial by goryorhal(m): 5:26pm On Jul 27, 2013
Na wetin dai kill our players b this"oversabi"Una dai beg the guy ni...na fear dai catch am jawe..wetin dai there for trial..if you good dem do award you contract...bcus u don play Afcon u don turn to worldbest.,
Re: Obaobona Slams Wenger Over Invitation For Trial by chucky234(m): 5:29pm On Jul 27, 2013
Adufaye: Dey wan check u fr trials weda,u really lie 4 ya age!

Arsenal cal u 4 trial u dy do shakara,u neva knw weitin dy hapun,u no wan dy chop money week in week out abi? Pounds ooh!!

If u really good,u wuld hv gone fr d trial
Mumu-maga in disguise
Re: Obaobona Slams Wenger Over Invitation For Trial by honeric01(m): 5:32pm On Jul 27, 2013
Some Nigerians and their complex issue.

To be a regular in a national team like Nigeria is not beans. How many defenders at Arsenal were national team regulars in their various countries before they were signed?

How many joined Arsenal via trial?
Re: Obaobona Slams Wenger Over Invitation For Trial by Nobody: 5:33pm On Jul 27, 2013
Adufaye: yes na! All were tested,gideon zelalem was tested 4 2trials b4 he was signed! Mostly called d new fabregas!

and how old is heare you guys even getting the irony in your posts?they call young players that have never played any where for trials not people who play for national teams.has zalelam or whatever is name is ever played for the german national teamor u21?
Re: Obaobona Slams Wenger Over Invitation For Trial by Komedy(m): 5:33pm On Jul 27, 2013
D young man does not want to go for trials and some of yu here are killing urselves,there's something called selfworth and it is not cowardice.he is a proven international,an afcon gold medalist,checked d exploits of dreaded strikers like drogba,suarez,cavani and others and as such derseves some respect!.offer him a year contract if ur not convinced of his abilities but a trial session for a full nigerian international?wenger wud neva do that to a french international!.

1 Like

Re: Obaobona Slams Wenger Over Invitation For Trial by Adekdammy: 5:34pm On Jul 27, 2013
zerocool: Even Cristiano Ronaldo went for Trials at Arsenal back then and Zlatan Ibrahimovic

He should better carry his bags and go for trials. Nobody knows him just yet.. Even Mikel will be eager to play for Arsenal if offered a deal. You are offered trial..a stepping stone to a deal, you dey do yanga. Arsenal does not waste time trying to convince a player to join them. You turn them down, they try a little harder and if it seems you are not too passionate about them, they move on to the next player available and they are still among the topmost club in the EPL.

Mikel who was popular in Nigeria youth world cup with Messi..and plays in Norway, went for trial at Man Utd and Chelsea.

And also many many other great players you know now today. Who is Obawetin? Sunshine Stars my foot!
sir zlatan never went for any trials at arsenal, instead he said its an insult for arsenal to call him for trials and cr7 never went dere 4 trials
Re: Obaobona Slams Wenger Over Invitation For Trial by Nobody: 5:35pm On Jul 27, 2013
Komedy: D young man does not want to go for trials and some of yu here are killing urselves,there's something called selfworth and it is not cowardice.he is a proven international,an afcon gold medalist,checked d exploits of dreaded strikers like drogba,suarez,cavani and others and as such derseves some respect!.offer him a year contract if ur not convinced of his abilities but a trial session for a full nigerian international?wenger wud neva do that to a french international!.
dont mind them,a lot of Nigerias have accepted mediocrity as their place in life hence why they would talk down on a person who believes in his own worth...as USA no sabi ball reach,non of their players dey go for trials
Re: Obaobona Slams Wenger Over Invitation For Trial by Nobody: 5:40pm On Jul 27, 2013
The problem of many nigerians is POVERTY. why should anyone advice an african champion to go for a trial? if they were not convinced of his capabilities,why then did they spot him?

1 Like

Re: Obaobona Slams Wenger Over Invitation For Trial by Adufaye(m): 5:40pm On Jul 27, 2013
Funpeter: yaya was rejected by arsenal even after trials even drogba so no excuse let him go nd proof to arsenal dats is worthy to wear the great arsenal jersy if not let him be a local champion if he is satisfy with dat i rest my case.
seconded

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs Libya: Chelsea, Arsenal React To Super Eagles’ Win / AFCON Final: Bafana Bafana Congratulates Super Eagles / Solomon Dalung Orders Amaju Pinnick To Step Down As NFF Boss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.