Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,668 members, 7,801,932 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:13 AM

Would You Do A DNA Testing On Your Kids? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Would You Do A DNA Testing On Your Kids? (7013 Views)

40% Of First Borns Are Not From Their Fathers- Dna Expert Reveals / Her Baby Daddy Wants A Dna But She's Paying For It... / Three Of 10 Men Are Not Fathers Of Their ‘kids’, Says DNA Expert (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Do A DNA Testing On Your Kids? by mohawkchic(f): 6:31pm On Jan 21, 2008
~Am kind of inbetween Yes & No undecided Yes Only if its vitally important!!! that is ofcourse i were a man grin !! so i guess am goona be very hypothetical here . . .

~If i were a typical school boy caught up in "Na u gee me belle" suitation,i will defo do a DNA test on the child,however in a marriage suitation,i don't think i'd be too keen to want to do a DNA test on my kid/s just for the heck of it!!

~If however a partner is suspected/caught cheating,then i suppose suspicious minds sows the seed of doubt,N that can lead to a heck load of trust issues,self-doubt N palava ,given that circumstances,i wudnt want to live the rest of my life with that hangin over me!!

~Whether the "What If" aspect is more important than Giving up on that relationship u already have with the child/kids,is a Life Changing decision not only for the Indivisual but the kid/s as well!!

~There is after all a very thin line between love & hate,the love one might have bestow upon that child before without any reservation,may become one of doubt,always wondering who that baby daddy is!!
Re: Would You Do A DNA Testing On Your Kids? by uspry1(f): 9:43pm On Jan 21, 2008
No, I will not put DNA test on my kids no matter what. Because I know who is the father of children at the time we were married and I got pregnant whole time.

Now I am single divorced mother for 14 years; therefore, no need for DNA testing on my kids.
Re: Would You Do A DNA Testing On Your Kids? by RichyBlacK(m): 11:43am On Jan 22, 2008
Ndipe:

@Richyblack, so you will consult your wife, before taking the child for a DNA testing. Tell me, how can you even broach such a sensitive subject with her which borders on trust? You will be at the losing end if the result shows you are the father and you could pay big time for you have betrayed your wife's trust. If it is negative, oh well, that one is another wahala.

@Ndipe, I see your point but isn't it better to do it openly than in secret? What if she finds out I did the test behind her back? No matter the result, she'll be very upset. I believe in clear, open, communication and will tell her of my concerns - but there has to be good reason. Example: if we're having an argument and she says something like "are you sure these kids are yours?"; if the baby's physical features are way off; etc. If she vehemently protests the tests, I'll only have more reasons to be suspicious.
Re: Would You Do A DNA Testing On Your Kids? by almondjoy(f): 2:58pm On Jan 22, 2008
You do not think Mr. Almondo was going to let me go scott free without having a DNA test on all them kids did you? tongue

I passed with flying colours! cool  He loves me even more now! tongue The devil was put to shame. 

No shaking!
Re: Would You Do A DNA Testing On Your Kids? by ifyalways(f): 5:33pm On Jan 23, 2008
almondjoy:

You do not think Mr. Almondo was going to let me go scott free without having a DNA test on all them kids did you? tongue

I passed with flying colours! cool He loves me even more now! tongue The devil was put to shame.

No shaking!
were there doubts in the first place ? lol
ROTFLMAO. A.J .hehe.anyway,am happy you passed the :most important test of all wink carry go,sis. cheesy cheesy
Re: Would You Do A DNA Testing On Your Kids? by almondjoy(f): 5:38pm On Jan 23, 2008
ifyalways:

were there doubts in the first place ? lol

ROTFLMAO. A.J .hehe.anyway,am happy you passed the :most important test of all wink carry go,sis. cheesy cheesy

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! lipsrsealed You know as men dey behave now! tongue
Re: Would You Do A DNA Testing On Your Kids? by Ndipe(m): 9:58pm On Apr 07, 2009
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-259392.0.html

Read the above link on the man who so much trusted his wife, that he was unaware that she had stolen a baby, while faking a pregnancy and presented her to him as their daughter.
Re: Would You Do A DNA Testing On Your Kids? by tpia: 1:04am On Apr 08, 2009
Re: Would You Do A DNA Testing On Your Kids? by Nobody: 9:21am On Apr 08, 2009
@Topic.
I perform such test if d need arrives. cool
Re: Would You Do A DNA Testing On Your Kids? by Busybody2(f): 2:27am On Mar 23, 2011
Ndipe:

@Richyblack, so you will consult your wife, before taking the child for a DNA testing. Tell me, how can you even broach such a sensitive subject with her which borders on trust? You will be at the losing end if the result shows you are the father and you could pay big time for you have betrayed your wife's trust. If it is negative, oh well, that one is another wahala.

If asked to do the test, i will just pack to my parent's house. He will have to come and re-marry me and pay the bridal price all over again at the current rate tongue grin Chei, wharraqueshun cheesy
Re: Would You Do A DNA Testing On Your Kids? by sexy74(m): 12:49pm On Mar 24, 2011
yes i will do a DNA
Re: Would You Do A DNA Testing On Your Kids? by bashr4: 4:13pm On Mar 29, 2011
only a mugu will not do DNA test on his kids, that you love and trust your wife does not mean you should be a scape goat, do it secretly angry angry.
Re: Would You Do A DNA Testing On Your Kids? by Ndipe(m): 10:34pm On Mar 29, 2011
Read this story.

LOS ANGELES – A judge says it's too late for a man to contest nearly $200,000 in unpaid child support for a daughter who was likely fathered by comic Sam Kinison before he died in 1992.

Carl La Bove asked a judge to invalidate an agreement with his ex-wife that required him to make the payments.

Recent DNA tests have shown Kinison likely fathered the child born to La Bove's ex-wife.

Superior Court Judge Thomas Trent Lewis told La Bove during a brief hearing Tuesday that he was years late in contesting paternity and trying to nullify at least $188,000 in back child support. . .

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110329/ap_en_ot/us_people_sam_kinison;_ylt=Ap7IOezjYoBlxku5CKuzyWtxFb8C;_ylu=X3oDMTJtYmdiNGNxBGFzc2V0A2FwLzIwMTEwMzI5L3VzX3Blb3BsZV9zYW1fa2luaXNvbgRjcG9zAzIEcG9zAzQEc2VjA3luX3RvcF9zdG9yeQRzbGsDanVkZ2Vva3NzdXBw
Re: Would You Do A DNA Testing On Your Kids? by Blazay(m): 6:20pm On Mar 30, 2011
I already did and the results are locked away in my safety deposit box at my bank.
Far away from home of course. . . while on vacation.
I just had to know. cool
Re: Would You Do A DNA Testing On Your Kids? by bdidi: 12:54am On Mar 31, 2011
DNA test result is out, and it is confirmed that one out of say three is not yours what do u do? DIVORCE or settle amicably with your wife ?

This no be joke matter o
Re: Would You Do A DNA Testing On Your Kids? by Angolobabe(f): 12:22am On Apr 02, 2011
Na woa , lot of u dont even trust ur partners sad,dont do any DNA test without consulting ur wife to avoid future problems.
Re: Would You Do A DNA Testing On Your Kids? by Nobody: 5:17pm On Apr 02, 2011
Why would I want to carry out a DNA test on my kids? If I can't trust my wife, then I wouldn't be with her, simple.
Re: Would You Do A DNA Testing On Your Kids? by Nekai(f): 9:20pm On Apr 02, 2011
Siena:

Why would I want to carry out a DNA test on my kids? If I can't trust my wife, then I wouldn't be with her, simple.

Mr. Siena you don't belong on this thread. Your baby is your carbon copy!

But yes, you are right. Why get into a marriage where there is no trust in the first place.
Re: Would You Do A DNA Testing On Your Kids? by Ndipe(m): 12:11am On Apr 03, 2011
Nekai:

Mr. Siena you don't belong on this thread. Your baby is your carbon copy!

But yes, you are right. Why get into a marriage where there is no trust in the first place.

Someone just mentioned trust as the underlying reason for their decision not to have a DNA test done on their child. I also have to direct this question to them: Would you have your wife sign a prenuptial agreement before marrying her, or would you forego it, because of trust?

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-13568.0.html
Re: Would You Do A DNA Testing On Your Kids? by Nobody: 1:48pm On Apr 03, 2011
Ndipe:

Someone just mentioned trust as the underlying reason for their decision not to have a DNA test done on their child. I also have to direct this question to them: Would you have your wife sign a prenuptial agreement before marrying her, or would you forego it, because of trust?

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-13568.0.html

A prenuptial agreement brings you back to the same issue - trust. Unless you go into a marriage, with the thought of divorce on your mind, why would you need one? Are money and other material assets more important than your relationship with your wife and kids, should you have any?

If you're going to live in constant fear of your wife making off with your money and property, before it actually happens, you might as well remain single, than worry yourself silly on a daily basis. It's like buying a coffin for yourself, and maintaining a freshly-dug grave, "just in case you die".

I'm happily married, and love my wife. Should the unexpected happen, I would be more interested in trying to save my marriage, than claw back money and property. And if it can't be saved, then I wouldn't have any reservations about splitting our assets down the middle, and moving on with my life.
Re: Would You Do A DNA Testing On Your Kids? by Ndipe(m): 10:51pm On Apr 03, 2011
Siena:

[b]A prenuptial agreement brings you back to the same issue - trust. Unless you go into a marriage, with the thought of divorce on your mind, why would you need one? Are money and other material assets more important than your relationship with your wife and kids, should you have any?[/b]If you're going to live in constant fear of your wife making off with your money and property, before it actually happens, you might as well remain single, than worry yourself silly on a daily basis. It's like buying a coffin for yourself, and maintaining a freshly-dug grave, "just in case you die".

I'm happily married, and love my wife. Should the unexpected happen, I would be more interested in trying to save my marriage, than claw back money and property. And if it can't be saved, then I wouldn't have any reservations about splitting our assets down the middle, and moving on with my life.

Tell that to the likes of Paul McCartney who lost a significant chunk of his fortune to Heather Mills when she divorced him, due to his refusal to have her sign a prenup. While Mills was portrayed as a gold digger in the press, still, others may have wondered why he did not have her sign a prenup.

Still on the discussion of DNA, read this letter to an agony aunt.

http://www.suntimes.com/lifestyles/abby/4550480-417/ex-wifes-affairs-prompt-doubts-about-paternity.html
Re: Would You Do A DNA Testing On Your Kids? by zayzee(f): 9:17pm On Apr 04, 2011
which is why you shouldnt marry another a woman who wasnt meant to be your wife. once she is your wife, you are supposed to be best friends and without trust there is no relation.

on another side, if you were an Isoko man from delta state, u need not bother yourself about DNA because Isoko wives do not cheat and get away with it. Whether they r born again christians or not, an ancentral spirit called erin strikes her and she confesses. the bad part of it is that, the strike might begin by claiming innocent family members before she falls ill and starts to swell all over.

also, a wife in the house of an isoko man who is carrying another man's child might go into labour, but will not deliver the child if her husband is unsure who the father is. No joke. true.
Re: Would You Do A DNA Testing On Your Kids? by Ndipe(m): 12:51am On May 25, 2011
Mildred Baena's ex-husband had 'no idea' his son was Arnold Schwarzenegger's lovechild

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1390543/Arnold-Schwarzenegger-love-child-Mildred-Baenas-ex-husband-didnt-know-son-wasnt-his.html#ixzz1NJh2pal1

The ex-husband of Arnold's former housekeeper was kept in the dark on the paternity of the little tyke whom he thought was his biological son. And I would like to think that he trusted his wife so much that he never contemplated that she would cheat on him. Perhaps, this would be the reason why I dont blame men for insisting on having a paternity/DNA testing on their kids to ascertain if they are truly theirs biologically or not.

What d'yall think?
Re: Would You Do A DNA Testing On Your Kids? by Ndipe(m): 1:36am On Nov 20, 2011
Re: Would You Do A DNA Testing On Your Kids? by tpia5: 2:15am On Nov 20, 2011
In some parts of nigeria, children tend to have varied features and may not all look the same. This is a normal thing and possibly due to various levels of integration or immigration by unknown persons in the past. So, someone from that area who is going crazy wondering if the kids arent his (doesnt happen often i should think), might just be wasting his time doing a dna test.

In other parts of nigeria like the southwest, features run in families and most times its pretty easy to connect the child to a particular person somewhere along the line. In cases where it seems impossible to do so, then there might be a problem.

However, imo most of these things [as per thread title] are simply paranoia unless there's strong evidence to suggest otherwise.
Re: Would You Do A DNA Testing On Your Kids? by Ndipe(m): 2:35am On Feb 04, 2012
HARTFORD, Conn. – Over the years, Eric Fischer had grown suspicious of whether he was really the father of his youngest daughter. So he secretly got a sample of the girl's hair, grabbed one from his own head and sent them to a lab for DNA testing. Sure enough, he was right. The girl was the product of an affair between Fischer's wife, Pamela Tournier, and her business partner, Richard Zollino. . .

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/02/02/connecticut-man-can-seek-payment-from-15-year-old-childs-real-father-judge/#ixzz1lNAYGgsE

The man is contesting for payment from the girl's biological father for taking care of his brood, and the judge has approved his request.
Re: Would You Do A DNA Testing On Your Kids? by tpia5: 6:40am On Feb 04, 2012
the exception is not the rule.

if it were, then you yourself should start questioning your identity.
Re: Would You Do A DNA Testing On Your Kids? by Ndipe(m): 12:42am On Sep 25, 2013
Read about Idris Elba's reaction when he found out that his ex-girlfriend's child was not actually his son as he thought after telling people that he had fathered him. DNA proved him wrong.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/articles/507707/20130920/idris-elba-reveals-desiree-newberry-paternity-test.htm
Re: Would You Do A DNA Testing On Your Kids? by tpia5: 1:14am On Sep 25, 2013
Elba believes the paternity turmoil has been a form of karma for his previous sins.

"I've not been an angel in my life, either, do you know what I'm saying? So to a certain extent, what goes around comes around.

what's this about, can you explain, @ ndipe?

anyway, he should redo the test.
Re: Would You Do A DNA Testing On Your Kids? by tpia5: 1:16am On Sep 25, 2013
tpia@:
the exception is not the rule.

if it were, then you yourself should start questioning your identity.
Re: Would You Do A DNA Testing On Your Kids? by Ndipe(m): 2:13am On Jan 15, 2016
Re: Would You Do A DNA Testing On Your Kids? by Ndipe(m): 1:05am On Feb 15, 2017

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Hanged Iranian Woman Leaves Heartbreaking Last Message / Why Men Find It Hard Accepting Children Their Wives Had From Infidelity / How Much Is HIV Test

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.