Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,746 members, 7,802,278 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:52 AM

Borno LG Chairman Punished Publicly By Soldiers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Borno LG Chairman Punished Publicly By Soldiers (25237 Views)

More Photos 4rm Boko Haram Camp In Burra Forest,Bauchi Captured By Soldiers 2day / Elections: 15 Borno LG Residents Won’t Get Pvcs – INEC / Akwa-Ibom LG Chairman Arrested For Smuggling $82,000 Into USA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Borno LG Chairman Punished Publicly By Soldiers by jpilata(m): 9:27pm On Jul 26, 2013
The chairman violated checkpoint regulations.
Soldiers on Thursday inflicted corporal punishment on a local government chairman in Borno State.
The caretaker chairman of Hawul Local Government Area, Daniel Malang, received severe corporal punishment in the hands of the Joint Task Force for allegedly breaking checkpoint regulations and talking rudely to soldiers.
Mr. Malang, who reportedly has a reputation for breaking traffic rule especially at military check post ran out of luck when he attempted to shunt his way across a long queue of vehicles along Maiduguri-Biu road.
A PREMIUM TIMES reporter who witnessed the incident heard the chairman telling the soldiers that “don’t you know me? I am the executive chairman of Hawul localgovernment.”
A soldier, unimpressed with Mr. Malang’s statement responded by saying “does this place resemble Hawul local government; even if na Hawul be this, does that give you the license to break my order by not following the queue?”
The soldier ordered the council boss to park his Peugeot 406 car and asked him to come out for frog-jump alongside his driver while other motorists watched on.
The soldiers kept the chairman there for hours before he was later freed with a stern warning not to repeat such act again.
Sources close to the chairman saidhe recently suffered similar fate in Biu when soldiers gave him a similar treatment for breaking check-post regulation.
Borno is currently under emergency rule and has a heavy presence of soldiers to check the insurgency by the Boko Haram and other crimes.

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/141693-local-government-chairman-punished-publicly-by-soldiers-in-borno.html

23 Likes

Re: Borno LG Chairman Punished Publicly By Soldiers by Nobody: 9:50pm On Jul 26, 2013
Lwkmd4h ooooo, serves him right, nobdy is above d law. #LOBATAN.

WAOW! i really made it, 1st 2 comment.

3 Likes

Re: Borno LG Chairman Punished Publicly By Soldiers by clockwise(m): 10:14pm On Jul 26, 2013
hahaha, but seriously dis is nt a joking matter, it is very bad of d soldiers to have done dat to a chairman, in a democratic country 4 dat matter.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Borno LG Chairman Punished Publicly By Soldiers by Donmams(m): 10:21pm On Jul 26, 2013
Lizzylobito: Lwkmd4h ooooo, serves him right, nobdy is above d law. #LOBATAN.
SMH for you. You are celebrating public assault by ignorant soldiers who do not know their left from right. In civilised countries a soldier dares not speak rudely to a civilian else risk court martial. However i won't be surprised to see more fools celebrating this nonsense.

25 Likes

Re: Borno LG Chairman Punished Publicly By Soldiers by Nobody: 10:48pm On Jul 26, 2013
The should have called the police to pick up the man for questioning. The man frog jump go make am not to insult osaze for twiter again. He don see wetin footballers dey do steady
Re: Borno LG Chairman Punished Publicly By Soldiers by Nobody: 4:43am On Jul 27, 2013
Donmams:
SMH for you. You are celebrating public assault by ignorant soldiers who do not know their left from right. In civilised countries a soldier dares not speak rudely to a civilian else risk court martial. However i won't be surprised to see more fools celebrating this nonsense.
Na only frog jumping they make the man do self, I was thinking they wire him with enough bulala grin
Why did you not condemn d so called chairman and likes of him who always think they are special citizens in Nigeria, if all those civilians could wait in line so must the Mr. Chairman! Kudos to the soldier man

110 Likes

Re: Borno LG Chairman Punished Publicly By Soldiers by Nobody: 6:27am On Jul 27, 2013
This should happen more frequently. All these politicians that don't respect their office and break, with impunity, laws they have sworn to uphold should be dealt with decisively to serve as a deterrent to others.

10 Likes

Re: Borno LG Chairman Punished Publicly By Soldiers by Nobody: 6:32am On Jul 27, 2013
Donmams:

Don't even quote civilized country abeg. In how many civilized countries will a LG chairman or his equivalent perform such an act esp in an emergency rule. It's the Nigerian factor - always wanting to jump the queue. He should be happy they didn't even shoot while he was approaching cos they can claim they thought he was a suicide bomber.

60 Likes

Re: Borno LG Chairman Punished Publicly By Soldiers by Nobody: 11:37am On Jul 27, 2013

My inner neanderthal is rejoicing over this, but the rational, civilized, un-Nigerian part of me seriously condemns the actions of both the chairman and the soldier.
Anyway, birds of the same lawless, uncivilized feather flock together in a dark continent called Africa.

3 Likes

Re: Borno LG Chairman Punished Publicly By Soldiers by mactoni91(m): 11:37am On Jul 27, 2013
SMH for you. You are celebrating public assault by ignorant soldiers
who do not know their left from right. In civilised countries a soldier
dares not speak rudely to a civilian else risk court martial. However i
won't be surprised to see more fools celebrating this nonsense.

guy re u learning how tew talk?
U're ranting abt civilised nations...
How many civilised nation would produce LGA chairmans breaking traffic laws...
Seriously, those soldiers even pity am..

7 Likes

Re: Borno LG Chairman Punished Publicly By Soldiers by curtain: 11:38am On Jul 27, 2013
Chairman, Wen the govr is impliedly suspended?
Re: Borno LG Chairman Punished Publicly By Soldiers by Codedrock(m): 11:40am On Jul 27, 2013
Re: Borno LG Chairman Punished Publicly By Soldiers by Kemzievictor(m): 11:40am On Jul 27, 2013
annoymous:

Don't even quote civilized country abeg. In how many civilized countries will a LG chairman or his equivalent perform such an act esp in an emergency rule. It's the Nigerian factor - always wanting to jump the queue. He should be happy they didn't even shoot while he was approaching cos they can claim they thought he was a suicide bomber.
y
grin
Dem sopose flog dat him aboki nyash. Nobody is above d law

1 Like

Re: Borno LG Chairman Punished Publicly By Soldiers by Youngtekkey(m): 11:40am On Jul 27, 2013
what's is not good is not good the soldiers no suppose disgrace the chairman like that it's not good but next time the chairman self no go wan jump protocool again

1 Like

Re: Borno LG Chairman Punished Publicly By Soldiers by tejpot(m): 11:42am On Jul 27, 2013
Emergency rule is emergency rule, whether u are baale or chairman
Re: Borno LG Chairman Punished Publicly By Soldiers by datChelseaBoy: 11:43am On Jul 27, 2013
See insult. My guy you don fall hand. Anyway I'm not surprised. That's what a state of emergency entails
Re: Borno LG Chairman Punished Publicly By Soldiers by kingarizona(m): 11:43am On Jul 27, 2013
Lol!! That's why I love military rule
They aint got time for sh*t!!
The frog jump is small self, they would hav asked him to
Pick pin, kneel down n raise his hands up#tougue out#
That serves him right

LAST BOMB:
Moral lesson--- nobody is above or got supremacy over the law!!

3 Likes

Re: Borno LG Chairman Punished Publicly By Soldiers by jemby: 11:43am On Jul 27, 2013
Donmams:

am really Surprised by this statement of yours,in Which civilized country would a civilian jump the queue and security checks when the state is in a state of Emergency? Only in Nigeria. lets not be hypocrites abeg.......

Am very sure people like you never even enter local flight...cos u get free bytes, u dey jam talk about civilized countries.....olodo like you

7 Likes

Re: Borno LG Chairman Punished Publicly By Soldiers by Seyixyz: 11:44am On Jul 27, 2013
Nyc 1 JTF..If a Chairman cannot set gud examples lyk obeyin traffic laws,den who wil?Una 4 cane d man small

2 Likes

Re: Borno LG Chairman Punished Publicly By Soldiers by Decryptor(m): 11:45am On Jul 27, 2013
clockwise: hahaha, but seriously dis is nt a joking matter, it is very bad of d soldiers to have done dat to a chairman, in a democratic country 4 dat matter.
Donmams:
SMH for you. You are celebrating public assault by ignorant soldiers who do not know their left from right. In civilised civilized countries a soldier dares not speak rudely to a civilian else risk court martial. However i won't be surprised to see more fools celebrating this nonsense.
You both are part of the reasons why Nigeria is still backward.

14 Likes

Re: Borno LG Chairman Punished Publicly By Soldiers by Samxiulee: 11:45am On Jul 27, 2013
Donmams:
Here comes a fool my friend,the state is under emergency state,by that only Martial law is applied there,under that law the corporal punishment given to the local government chairman is very appropriate.

2 Likes

Re: Borno LG Chairman Punished Publicly By Soldiers by Mikocake(m): 11:46am On Jul 27, 2013
You know who I be Batuba giii am one!!! Lolz
Re: Borno LG Chairman Punished Publicly By Soldiers by kaycrystal(m): 11:47am On Jul 27, 2013
annoymous:

Thank u jare, I don't knw hw pple expect such an unruly chairman to be treated o!
That was hw a commisioner got himself killed a while ago while breachin the security check point at the gov's lodge!
He was lucky he dint get mch more dan that sef...
Re: Borno LG Chairman Punished Publicly By Soldiers by MiloRambaldi(m): 11:48am On Jul 27, 2013
The chairman was wrong to jump traffic. But soldiers should stop this frog jump thing - it's wrong.

The Chairman was taking a risk jumping traffic. In a volatile environment like Borno where suicide bombing is common, u can't blame the soldiers for being jittery. Very easy to get shot by soldiers under such circumstances. The Chairman should go and sin no more.

1 Like

Re: Borno LG Chairman Punished Publicly By Soldiers by ednut1(m): 11:49am On Jul 27, 2013
Borno dey state of emergency , rights will be limited, next time he shud roll on d floor hahahahaha
Re: Borno LG Chairman Punished Publicly By Soldiers by Tingles(m): 11:50am On Jul 27, 2013
clockwise: hahaha, but seriously dis is nt a joking matter, it is very bad of d soldiers to have done dat to a chairman, in a democratic country 4 dat matter.
Democracy ceased to exist in those states the moment State of Emergency was declared.

2 Likes

Re: Borno LG Chairman Punished Publicly By Soldiers by Rooneyboy(m): 11:51am On Jul 27, 2013
The so called chairman takes pride in calling himself a fool.

.... He's the architect of his own problem .

#IDIOT

1 Like

Re: Borno LG Chairman Punished Publicly By Soldiers by nijanigga: 11:54am On Jul 27, 2013
Prof said it right, Nigerians are living in a jungle,only jungle people can act like that.
Re: Borno LG Chairman Punished Publicly By Soldiers by dlox147(m): 11:57am On Jul 27, 2013
Donmams:
do u really undastnd wat SOE means? If he was left untouched ppl like u will still com out here to castigate dem...wld u rather he breaks d law, n go unpunished

2 Likes

Re: Borno LG Chairman Punished Publicly By Soldiers by Nickyspice(f): 11:57am On Jul 27, 2013
That serves hm right...at least he'l learn tha no one is above the law!
Re: Borno LG Chairman Punished Publicly By Soldiers by biomedixexcel(m): 11:59am On Jul 27, 2013
Donmams:
Why are u shaking your head? I pray your head will return to normal but you are very silly and idiot for your statement sir!
Maybe you are one of those corrupt Nigerians who think they can jump the queue at every opportunity. If you are one of them, you punishment Is tomorrow.!

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Shamelessness Of Nollywood Actors And Actresses / Welcoming Of Aisha Buhari From Hajj In Saudi Arabia / “Buhari Is Made In London” – Reno Omokri Blasts Presidency On Nigerian Goods

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.