Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,364 members, 7,808,269 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:39 AM

Lagos Task Force Arresting Disobedient Lagosians. (Pictures) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Task Force Arresting Disobedient Lagosians. (Pictures) (16610 Views)

Riot In Aba Over Government Task Force (Photos) / Court Stops ICPC, EFCC, SSS, Others From Arresting, Probing Kingsley Kuku / disob (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Task Force Arresting Disobedient Lagosians. (Pictures) by rajazzmine(f): 10:29pm On Jul 26, 2013
Men of Lagos Task Force arresting people for crossing the express way, instead of using the pedestrian bridge today at Cele, Lagos.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Task Force Arresting Disobedient Lagosians. (Pictures) by rajazzmine(f): 10:45pm On Jul 26, 2013
rajazzmine: Men of Lagos Task Force arresting people for crossing the express way, instead of using the pedestrian bridge today at Cele, Lagos.

Re: Lagos Task Force Arresting Disobedient Lagosians. (Pictures) by ProfessorPeter(m): 10:54pm On Jul 26, 2013
Na by force say somebody must use pedestrian bridge? Let any person wey him people don sware for him go die now.
Re: Lagos Task Force Arresting Disobedient Lagosians. (Pictures) by Tolexander: 11:02pm On Jul 26, 2013
Na the 70% lagos population people dey break rules. If dem deport dem now, dem go dey shout genocide.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Task Force Arresting Disobedient Lagosians. (Pictures) by rajazzmine(f): 11:07pm On Jul 26, 2013
more pics

Re: Lagos Task Force Arresting Disobedient Lagosians. (Pictures) by rajazzmine(f): 11:25pm On Jul 26, 2013
rajazzmine: Men of Lagos Task Force arresting people for crossing the express way, instead of using the pedestrian bridge today at Cele, Lagos.

Re: Lagos Task Force Arresting Disobedient Lagosians. (Pictures) by Mynd44: 12:23am On Jul 27, 2013
The problem is not them becoming road kill but accidents might happen as drivers try to swerve off to prevent hitting them which might damage the cars.

A car might hit the brakes when he see a pedestrian in front and the guy behind might crash into his/her car(that cost goes to the driver)

and are we forgetting that the government has to pay for the dead bodies of those who get killed to be removed? And then they have to use public funds to maintain the morgues too.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Task Force Arresting Disobedient Lagosians. (Pictures) by datChelseaBoy: 2:14am On Jul 27, 2013
I know this topic will make the front page in the morning so make I book my space sharp sharp. I will come back and comment later. Please let me know when it does by liking this.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Task Force Arresting Disobedient Lagosians. (Pictures) by obowunmi(m): 2:50am On Jul 27, 2013
I think you mean POOR people. Sorry for all the poor persons in Lagos.
Re: Lagos Task Force Arresting Disobedient Lagosians. (Pictures) by biafranqueen: 3:01am On Jul 27, 2013
Professor Peter: Na by force say somebody must use pedestrian bridge? Let any person wey him people don sware for him go die now.
Who will pay for the car that is destroyed my hitting a human body or the the police fee when they take you in for questioning?
Re: Lagos Task Force Arresting Disobedient Lagosians. (Pictures) by Nobody: 4:31am On Jul 27, 2013
But somebody or some people were still crossing that express road even as the arrest was ongoing, according to those pictures!

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Task Force Arresting Disobedient Lagosians. (Pictures) by Pukkah: 4:52am On Jul 27, 2013
Professor Peter: Na by force say somebody must use pedestrian bridge? Let any person wey him people don sware for him go die now.

Any motorist that kills any of them risks a jail term for manslaughter.

The fact that such people have to be arrested shows the senselessness and lack of followership ability by some Nigerians.

For example, does anyone need to tell a motor cyclist (okada man) not to ride one way on 3rd Mainland bridge? But you'll be surprised that the same okada man when arrested would protest and claim he has done nothing wrong or even abuse other motorists who warn or chide him.

Is it that many people are simply insane?

Even on Nairaland, why do some people write 'first to comment' or 'book a space' with glee even when it's apparently senseless?

You'll be amazed that virtually all these highway 'crossers', the one-way okadamen and 'first to comment/'book a space' people went to school (at least secondary education). So what really is the problem with them? Is it a problem with the government or are they just crazy?

13 Likes

Re: Lagos Task Force Arresting Disobedient Lagosians. (Pictures) by Brimmie(m): 5:59am On Jul 27, 2013
This Is What KAI Is All About..

Abeg Bundle Any Villager Wey No Sabi Hw To Live In A City!!

Eko O Ni Baje Ooo!
Re: Lagos Task Force Arresting Disobedient Lagosians. (Pictures) by greatgod2012(f): 6:20am On Jul 27, 2013
This is one of the things i really dont like about we Nigerians, most of us are law-breakers, most of us are always in haste, why?why?why?
The pedestrian bridge was made with tax-payers money and for our conviniency, but because our people are always in haste, they prefer to commit suicide by trying to cross the highway than using the pedestrian bridge. May God help us o.
And when someone is knocked down now, the driver will be charged for manslaughter, the people will be cursing both the driver and the government, the dead man's family will be in sorrow (ara ko ro okun, ara ko ro adie), why cant we save ourselves from all this dillema and be a law-abiding citizens
May God help us all.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Task Force Arresting Disobedient Lagosians. (Pictures) by thaoriginator: 6:40am On Jul 27, 2013
Dem nearly catch me for Sand field VI no be small ting awon Man O' War dem, dem think say na dem sabi run pass...as I cross di first road waiting for traffic light to display red mek I pass nahin one wan grab me I just knack hin mumu hand trowey n matey cross back....d poosie followed me oh omo come see dribble meanwhile like 2 dey tranga dey wait for me at di other end I no get choice naso I tamoh danfo goin to CMS no time! Me wey dey go inside Oniru estate oh I had to go back to 1004 bus stop again. Dayuum!

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Task Force Arresting Disobedient Lagosians. (Pictures) by egift(m): 7:53am On Jul 27, 2013
^^And you dey hail yourself as the Smart one abi?
Re: Lagos Task Force Arresting Disobedient Lagosians. (Pictures) by Mynd44: 7:57am On Jul 27, 2013
egift: ^^And you dey hail yourself as the Smart one abi?
No mind the guy.
Re: Lagos Task Force Arresting Disobedient Lagosians. (Pictures) by Nobody: 8:04am On Jul 27, 2013
Eko o ni baje o!
Re: Lagos Task Force Arresting Disobedient Lagosians. (Pictures) by alaoeri: 10:36am On Jul 27, 2013
tha_originator: Dem nearly catch me for Sand field VI no be small ting awon Man O' War dem, dem think say na dem sabi run pass...as I cross di first road waiting for traffic light to display red mek I pass nahin one wan grab me I just knack hin mumu hand trowey n matey cross back....d poosie followed me oh omo come see dribble meanwhile like 2 dey tranga dey wait for me at di other end I no get choice naso I tamoh danfo goin to CMS no time! Me wey dey go inside Oniru estate oh I had to go back to 1004 bus stop again. Dayuum!
For your mind u be sharp guy abi? Mumu
Re: Lagos Task Force Arresting Disobedient Lagosians. (Pictures) by free2ryhme: 10:53am On Jul 27, 2013
Them plenty plenty for onipanu and plamgrove and ojota
Re: Lagos Task Force Arresting Disobedient Lagosians. (Pictures) by Gwekzy: 10:55am On Jul 27, 2013
tha_originator: Dem nearly catch me for Sand field VI no be small ting awon Man O' War dem, dem think say na dem sabi run pass...as I cross di first road waiting for traffic light to display red mek I pass nahin one wan grab me I just knack hin mumu hand trowey n matey cross back....d poosie followed me oh omo come see dribble meanwhile like 2 dey tranga dey wait for me at di other end I no get choice naso I tamoh danfo goin to CMS no time! Me wey dey go inside Oniru estate oh I had to go back to 1004 bus stop again. Dayuum!
bros d way I dey c am u go mumu tey

1 Like

Re: Lagos Task Force Arresting Disobedient Lagosians. (Pictures) by Temismith(f): 10:57am On Jul 27, 2013
K
Re: Lagos Task Force Arresting Disobedient Lagosians. (Pictures) by joyidarauko: 10:57am On Jul 27, 2013
LAGOS TASK FORCE ARE LIKE MARKET SELLER THE CAN FORM A COMMUNITY
Re: Lagos Task Force Arresting Disobedient Lagosians. (Pictures) by redsun(m): 11:01am On Jul 27, 2013
Of course it by force,highways are suppose to fenced out from the reach of pedestrians,as long as suitable alternatives are provided. It is suicidal to cross a busy motorway.
Re: Lagos Task Force Arresting Disobedient Lagosians. (Pictures) by Nobody: 11:10am On Jul 27, 2013
Am very guilty of this cry. I have a. Very crazy phobia for height. I cnt just get myself to climb bridges. God help me
Re: Lagos Task Force Arresting Disobedient Lagosians. (Pictures) by premlove(m): 11:17am On Jul 27, 2013
rajazzmine: more pics
na so d lagos when them no dey let me hear word put so na so e be hiss my warri remain the best
Re: Lagos Task Force Arresting Disobedient Lagosians. (Pictures) by kingthreat(m): 11:18am On Jul 27, 2013
Please post a reasonable picture to pass your message. This simply shows KAI doing their job.
Re: Lagos Task Force Arresting Disobedient Lagosians. (Pictures) by thrugemaster(m): 11:20am On Jul 27, 2013
That whats happens when you hire a tout
Re: Lagos Task Force Arresting Disobedient Lagosians. (Pictures) by dridowu: 11:21am On Jul 27, 2013
If they deport them now , some people will come here to talk rubbish, rules and regulation are meant to be obey, using the pedestrian bridge saves ur life from ghastly accident
Re: Lagos Task Force Arresting Disobedient Lagosians. (Pictures) by kekerazi(m): 11:23am On Jul 27, 2013
mZ sleeq: Am very guilty of this cry. I have a. Very crazy phobia for height. I cnt just get myself to climb bridges. God help me

Hey,Technical Drawing Lecturer its been a while...How's life
Re: Lagos Task Force Arresting Disobedient Lagosians. (Pictures) by Afolabs101: 11:23am On Jul 27, 2013
On whose authority are these Task Force people arresting the public?

I know Police, SSS, Customs, NDLEA etc have constitutional backing granting them powers of arrest.

But do KAI, LASTMA, or any group of poeple the state government put together have the power to arrest and if so where does it say so?

Any lawyers in the house please help!

Also, is there any law against crossing the highway?

1 Like

Re: Lagos Task Force Arresting Disobedient Lagosians. (Pictures) by Nobody: 11:25am On Jul 27, 2013
smileylol.abi now.na teacher ooo. Am doin great.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Abubakar Suleiman Scores Buhari High / Fashola Seeks Elongation Of Works Minister’s Tenure / Terror Threat: National Assembly Commences Stop And Search

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.