Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,486 members, 7,808,775 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:43 PM

WAH OH ,why is pounds to Naira Rate so high, N267 to £1?? - Family (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / WAH OH ,why is pounds to Naira Rate so high, N267 to £1?? (13354 Views)

And There Shall Be 7 Women To 1 Man..... / Some Nigerian Men Na Wah Ooh! / I Stole 170 Pounds To Help My Friend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: WAH OH ,why is pounds to Naira Rate so high, N267 to £1?? by EfemenaXY: 10:34pm On Jul 29, 2013
r231:

Lol.....that's the best part

Once upon a time, a few decades ago, there was a public outcry against a food hawker at Igbudu market in Warri. According to the story, this woman used to sell Jollof rice there. However, she needed more customers purchasing her food in order to make good business.

So what did she do? She met a native doctor who told her that in order to 'capture' her clients, she should wash her private part during her menstrual flow / period into the rice. Then boil / cook the jollof rice with it and serve to her customers.

Sure, she became popular and people flocked to see her, but as is always, something, somewhere happened and she had to confess. That market was nearly brought to a standstill that afternoon. Of course, she was called a witch and so on and got the beating of her life.

But the fact remains that a few hundred people have a part of that woman inside them now. I'm sure if given half the chance, from what you've just posted, you'll also eat her jollof rice.
Re: WAH OH ,why is pounds to Naira Rate so high, N267 to £1?? by coogar: 10:39pm On Jul 29, 2013

So what did she do? She met a native doctor who told her that in order to 'capture' her clients, she should wash her private part during her menstrual flow / period into the rice. The boil / cook the jollof rice with it and serve to her customers

Re: WAH OH ,why is pounds to Naira Rate so high, N267 to £1?? by Nobody: 10:42pm On Jul 29, 2013
Efemena_xy:
So what did she do? She met a native doctor who told her that in order to 'capture' her clients, she should wash her private part during her menstrual flow / period into the rice. The boil / cook the jollof rice with it and serve to her customers.

shocked shocked

Ewwwwwww !!
Re: WAH OH ,why is pounds to Naira Rate so high, N267 to £1?? by EfemenaXY: 10:42pm On Jul 29, 2013
@Coogar & Ada grin grin grin

Warning for r231 to take heed and beware of half-naked, bra-sweating mama's serving Amala cheesy
Re: WAH OH ,why is pounds to Naira Rate so high, N267 to £1?? by Idowuogbo(f): 10:42pm On Jul 29, 2013
coogar:

Lmfao!
Re: WAH OH ,why is pounds to Naira Rate so high, N267 to £1?? by Nobody: 10:45pm On Jul 29, 2013
Efemena_xy:

Once upon a time, a few decades ago, there was a public outcry against a food hawker at Igbudu market in Warri. According to the story, this woman used to sell Jollof rice there. However, she needed more customers purchasing her food in order to make good business.

So what did she do? She met a native doctor who told her that in order to 'capture' her clients, she should wash her private part during her menstrual flow / period into the rice. Then boil / cook the jollof rice with it and serve to her customers.

Sure, she became popular and people flocked to see her, but as is always, something, somewhere happened and she had to confess. That market was nearly brought to a standstill that afternoon. Of course, she was called a witch and so on and got the beating of her life.

But the fact remains that a few hundred people have a part of that woman inside them now. I'm sure if given half the chance, from what you've just posted, you'll also eat her jollof rice.

ROTFLMAO cheesy grin

Efe ah my belle oh!
Re: WAH OH ,why is pounds to Naira Rate so high, N267 to £1?? by Nobody: 10:49pm On Jul 29, 2013

1 Like

Re: WAH OH ,why is pounds to Naira Rate so high, N267 to £1?? by EfemenaXY: 10:53pm On Jul 29, 2013
^^ Like our brother, r231 cheesy

jidegirl12:

ROTFLMAO cheesy grin

Efe ah my belle oh!

My dear, na so we see am...
Re: WAH OH ,why is pounds to Naira Rate so high, N267 to £1?? by Nobody: 11:06pm On Jul 29, 2013
adaobi123:

shocked shocked

Ewwwwwww !!
hope wat i'm hearing is just a tittle tattle abt u leaking Afam soup, d oda day u told me to wait until u re done wit ya academics which i'm still on.

see my dear i don't wanna flex my muscles 4 mare mortal men , i only wrestle wit immortal 'monsters' n gain full conquest over dem , no one battle i av ever lost, just no i aways remains d conquistador.

Tell him 2 change signal 2 anoda channel .

my next action may b lik dat of 1914.
Re: WAH OH ,why is pounds to Naira Rate so high, N267 to £1?? by Nobody: 11:08pm On Jul 29, 2013
Huh ? undecided
Re: WAH OH ,why is pounds to Naira Rate so high, N267 to £1?? by Nobody: 11:21pm On Jul 29, 2013
until i make someones face 2 b like dis b4 u no i'm really serious . no quans

Re: WAH OH ,why is pounds to Naira Rate so high, N267 to £1?? by r231(m): 5:34am On Jul 30, 2013
Seriously all of them are not clean........either they do it in your presence or behind grin grin

They do one or two things to bring customers in....that's why you will never see a redeem or winners chapel person running a restaurant. It's always the CELE pple even the almighty 805, the man is their head in CELE so do you know how many candles they have stuffed in one of those Monica fish people eat cheesy
Re: WAH OH ,why is pounds to Naira Rate so high, N267 to £1?? by denzel2009: 6:13am On Jul 30, 2013
shaybe baby: Anyone in south essex? I'm now a stay at home mum and just realised, I've got no friends who live close.
Wow. I'm a stay at home Dad too, lives in South Essex. We can catch up
Re: WAH OH ,why is pounds to Naira Rate so high, N267 to £1?? by Nobody: 6:37am On Jul 30, 2013
denzel2009:
Wow. I'm a stay at home Dad too, lives in South Essex. We can catch up

Stay at home mum and stay at home dad, both catching up cheesy grin

Odikwa very risky! tongue grin lipsrsealed
Re: WAH OH ,why is pounds to Naira Rate so high, N267 to £1?? by Nobody: 6:41am On Jul 30, 2013
Chillisauce:

lol

i wish i was a stay at home mum (well part time at least)
Re: WAH OH ,why is pounds to Naira Rate so high, N267 to £1?? by Nobody: 7:44am On Jul 30, 2013
cotton101:

lol

i wish i was a stay at home mum (well part time at least)

It's all good. Your baby will understand its for the better!

Not easy but you soon reap the fruit of your labour ..
Re: WAH OH ,why is pounds to Naira Rate so high, N267 to £1?? by shaybebaby(f): 7:59am On Jul 30, 2013
Chillisauce:

Loool! You never see! But we could catch up nah and go to toddler groups together, e pass dat one? tongue
@ cotton, it's very lonely ooo. I love spending time with bubba but there's only so much convo u can have with a baby when all you get back is "mama miji".
Re: WAH OH ,why is pounds to Naira Rate so high, N267 to £1?? by shaybebaby(f): 8:04am On Jul 30, 2013
Besides my skint level no get part two. I worked part time for a bit but I had to travel to work and I was barely seeing my son, hubby who workfull time saw more of him. I was too miserable. It helps if you have a good care provider ways, we can only do what we can cotton, it is well with our bubbas.
Re: WAH OH ,why is pounds to Naira Rate so high, N267 to £1?? by Burger01(m): 12:01pm On Jul 30, 2013
grin lipsrsealed
Re: WAH OH ,why is pounds to Naira Rate so high, N267 to £1?? by likeme(m): 1:40pm On Jul 30, 2013
Where is this girl seeing runs girl around Squire cafe, I do go to that cafe often and never see any< May be I no get eyes to see or identify them sha.
Lagos Island in Lea bridge is a nice place too, Also there is BUKA in edgware and another one Like that in Silver street Edmonton
Re: WAH OH ,why is pounds to Naira Rate so high, N267 to £1?? by Nobody: 4:49pm On Jul 30, 2013
I prefer eating out in Wazobia old kent road, nice food they have and the monica fish is on same wavelength with that of 805 as well.
Re: WAH OH ,why is pounds to Naira Rate so high, N267 to £1?? by shaybebaby(f): 5:37pm On Jul 30, 2013
:oI must go to london to eat at this places(salivating at the thought of hot amala with eran orisiri and abula). Gawd I miss naija food(outside food oh)
Re: WAH OH ,why is pounds to Naira Rate so high, N267 to £1?? by shaybebaby(f): 5:40pm On Jul 30, 2013
Or better still, anybody wey fit bring am come my side make we chop for sea front..I'll buy you ice cream( rossi's o no be thorntons)
Re: WAH OH ,why is pounds to Naira Rate so high, N267 to £1?? by armyofone(m): 9:31pm On Jul 30, 2013
Thanks Solomon but I can never eat at a naija restaurant. A great cook like me? shocked grin nah, will pass grin
English eateries will do, thanks. Give me a list of some cool Steak and Seafood joint please. I love Oyster, Wild Salmon, Clam, Mussel etc etc

k-solo2013:
armyofone when u come london come down south i go take u to 805 naija eating joint
Re: WAH OH ,why is pounds to Naira Rate so high, N267 to £1?? by armyofone(m): 9:36pm On Jul 30, 2013
I mean loaded financially tongue grin.
I will sha have ma Igbale ewedu with me grin, just in case.

Pataki:
Lol! Pataki will not dissapoint!

Is your friend also resident in the US? I have friend coming from the US to marry a UK resident dude. You never know.....

I am loaded upstairs, middle-stairs and importantly downstairs. So oya, dey come na!
Re: WAH OH ,why is pounds to Naira Rate so high, N267 to £1?? by coogar: 10:01pm On Jul 30, 2013
armyofone: I mean loaded financially tongue grin.
I will sha have ma Igbale ewedu with me grin, just in case.

have you started shopping for baby clothes? start preparing for motherhood, pataki must give you a parting gift. grin cheesy
Re: WAH OH ,why is pounds to Naira Rate so high, N267 to £1?? by Nobody: 11:39am On Jul 31, 2013
@ all
thanks a lot,it's started clearing after dermatologist recommended eumovate cos of the severity.Just for 3 days so no side effect.

One other thing,
Please who has a one bed flat for rent around East Ham or Ilford?Or who knows someone who wants to rent?
Coming to Ilford for 7 weeks for swamy course and my exam.
All the agents on gum tree and zoopla want 6 months minimum.
Coming wi mom and baby.

HELLLLLPPP!!!!
Re: WAH OH ,why is pounds to Naira Rate so high, N267 to £1?? by damiso(f): 2:02pm On Aug 17, 2013
r231:

* Air freight charge is based on the highest chargeable weight i.e. the highest weight between the actual and the volume (dimensional) weight.

* Sea freight charge is based on the dimensions/ size of the item.

*Shipment leaves our warehouse every Friday. From the date of cargo departure from UK, it takes allow an estimated 5 to 7 days for arrival at the destination.

* Unless otherwise noted, all rates given cover clearing charges in Nigeria.

* When sending your goods please address it to yourself c/o Airfreight Dept.

Please send your packages to:

Your Name:
C/O Airfreight Department
326 New Cross Road
London
SE14 6AG

Find below our rate.

AIRFREIGHT FROM UK
LAGOS (pick up at Ikeja office) -£3.50/KG
LAGOS (Door delivery) - £3.95/KG

* Rates are based on the highest chargeable weight be it volume weight (dimensional weight) or actual weight.

E.g. a box with 59 x 59 x 59 weighing 30KG will be billed per below.
Volume weight: 35kg
Actual Weight: 30kg
Estimated rate: 35kg x 3.50 = £123 to pick up the item at our Lagos office.

Note:
• Rates to other destinations varies.
* All quotations given over the phone or online are estimates based on the dimensions or actual weight given by the customer.

Oga R231 if I want a package to leave for naija next friday latest, it has to be in your office by thursday abi?And is New Cross Road the one that has Hong Kong City Restaurant or further down by new cross station? Will be coming by train.
Re: WAH OH ,why is pounds to Naira Rate so high, N267 to £1?? by Nobody: 8:48pm On Aug 17, 2013
@seanbell
I hope you got a place to rent

@r231
Please educate us on whats contraband for cargo, I may need your services soon.

@Siena
malta guinness is a lot better than vitamalt and i hear they sell it at tesco's now

But my favorite is still Amstel malta - dunno when that will get to the UK.

For african foods I dont think there's anything you cant get here, I mean I got periwinkle at Dalston
Re: WAH OH ,why is pounds to Naira Rate so high, N267 to £1?? by r231(m): 8:52pm On Aug 17, 2013
damiso:

Oga R231 if I want a package to leave for naija next friday latest, it has to be in your office by thursday abi?And is New Cross Road the one that has Hong Kong City Restaurant or further down by new cross station? Will be coming by train.

3 mins away from both new cross and new cross gate.

salsera: @seanbell

@r231
Please educate us on whats contraband for cargo, I may need your services soon.

Depends on what you have grin
Re: WAH OH ,why is pounds to Naira Rate so high, N267 to £1?? by Nobody: 9:14pm On Aug 17, 2013
@r231
furniture,white goods and food
Re: WAH OH ,why is pounds to Naira Rate so high, N267 to £1?? by Nobody: 9:50pm On Aug 17, 2013
I wish r231 has a branch in Manchester.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

My Four Months Old Baby Is Having Cattarh And Cough / Ways To Be A Good Working Wife / A Wife Or A Car: Which Is More Expensive To Maintain?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.