Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,503 members, 7,808,853 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:58 PM

WAH OH ,why is pounds to Naira Rate so high, N267 to £1?? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / WAH OH ,why is pounds to Naira Rate so high, N267 to £1?? (13355 Views)

And There Shall Be 7 Women To 1 Man..... / Some Nigerian Men Na Wah Ooh! / I Stole 170 Pounds To Help My Friend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: WAH OH ,why is pounds to Naira Rate so high, N267 to £1?? by Afam4eva(m): 10:04am On Jul 28, 2013
I think Coogar and Shymexx live in south-south London.
Re: WAH OH ,why is pounds to Naira Rate so high, N267 to £1?? by Nobody: 10:05am On Jul 28, 2013
Afam4eva: I think Coogar and Shymexx live in south-south London.

Re: WAH OH ,why is pounds to Naira Rate so high, N267 to £1?? by Nobody: 11:08am On Jul 28, 2013
jidegirl12: WOW !! So your cribs don't have central ACs even if you have to insert coins like your heating systems?? cheesy

Yo yo yo Dayo reporting from Yankee... Tell them how it's done in North America cool

Sorry OP ... Just feel like trolling since NL is always bout UK angry angry

I was in Germany a while back and they also had this problem of no central A.C unit. Heat wanted to kill me. Must be a Europe thing.

The only thing I liked about the UK was the people are usually smartly dressed and presentable. Americans dress like crazy bums!
Re: WAH OH ,why is pounds to Naira Rate so high, N267 to £1?? by Afam4eva(m): 11:10am On Jul 28, 2013
stillwater:

I was in Germany a while back and they also had this problem of no central A.C unit. Heat wanted to kill me. Must be a Europe thing.

The only thing I liked about the UK was the people are usually smartly dressed and presentable. Americans dress like crazy bums!
Which Americans have you been rolling with? You can't go to the inner parts of the bronx and say Americans dress like hoodrats and then compare them with people in highbrow London.
Re: WAH OH ,why is pounds to Naira Rate so high, N267 to £1?? by Nobody: 11:15am On Jul 28, 2013
@ Afam, the way you are going about the thread one might think you actually been to these places cheesy...don't you just love Internet!

Meanwhile u never cross Senegal sef.

Leave the thread for the UK peeps and create a thread for ABa folks. Na there dem néed you!

Stop derailing

4 Likes

Re: WAH OH ,why is pounds to Naira Rate so high, N267 to £1?? by denzel2009: 11:22am On Jul 28, 2013
Afam4eva:
Which Americans have you been rolling with? You can't go to the inner parts of the bronx and say Americans dress like hoodrats and then compare them with people in highbrow London.

Mr James abeg stop to dey watch American gangster films like New Jack city they are messing your mind
Re: WAH OH ,why is pounds to Naira Rate so high, N267 to £1?? by Nobody: 11:40am On Jul 28, 2013
Afam4eva:

Sorry I don't live in the Bronx. Nothing close to NewYork or any of those noisy places. Don't be deceived by what Hollywood portrays. The rest of America could care less about their dressing.
To compare notes, all you just have to do is to compare the kind of people at Heathrow airport to the ones at JFK. The difference is always clear. An American can wear a torn shirt to a restaurant. They rarely make an effort, even at work. I used to work for one of those research and development companies, and we really didn't need to dress up because most of the time you are in the lab. I was looking at one of my colleague's shoes and jeans, those things have seen the light of day. And it's not about whether he has money or not. This is a middle aged white man who is well versed in what he does and I'm sure they pay him well. He just could care less. Very nice man though. Was my best friend in the company. Was always advising me on what to do.
Re: WAH OH ,why is pounds to Naira Rate so high, N267 to £1?? by Afam4eva(m): 11:49am On Jul 28, 2013
stillwater:

Sorry I don't live in the Bronx. Nothing close to NewYork or any of those noisy places. Don't be deceived by what Hollywood portrays. The rest of America could care less about their dressing.
To compare notes, all you just have to do is to compare the kind of people at Heathrow airport to the ones at JFK. The difference is always clear. An American can wear a torn shirt to a restaurant. They rarely make an effort, even at work. I used to work for one of those research and development companies, and we really didn't need to dress up because most of the time you are in the lab. I was looking at one of my colleague's shoes and jeans, those things have seen the light of day. And it's not about whether he has money or not. This is a middle aged white man who is well versed in what he does and I'm sure they pay him well. He just could care less. Very nice man though. Was my best friend in the company. Was always advising me on what to do.
I guess you're right.
Re: WAH OH ,why is pounds to Naira Rate so high, N267 to £1?? by r231(m): 11:52am On Jul 28, 2013
denzel2009:

Mr James abeg stop to dey watch American gangster films like New Jack city they are messing your mind

Knock out cheesy
Re: WAH OH ,why is pounds to Naira Rate so high, N267 to £1?? by bigx(m): 12:02pm On Jul 28, 2013
Afam4eva:
If most of the poor over there earn more than a lot of highly paid Nigerians then i wonder why the average ones in London who are better off than the poor ones are moving to Nigeria in drives. I know people that returned from London and are going from house to house begging like Niger people. There are even Nigerians sending money to their relatives in london so that they can survive for that day. The poverty in that country is mind bugging. There's no day that i don't put Nigerians in London in my prayers even the ones that curse me on this forum cos i understand that they're frustration is a reflection of the UK.

You miss my point, Ive interacted with a lot of residents here, my statement meant, at times, those on benefits earn much more than those with full time jobs even here in the UK,
Most Nigerians would rather work than go on benefits, a lot are illegal so cannot claim benefits, when you work the tax man (your lazy co-worker) and rents consume it fast.

Crazy, interesting system.

What I like though, is it is difficult for a legal resident to die of poverty.
The govt really takes good care of them, if you're disabled, etc etc.

Im half sleepy might be rambling but hope u get my drift
Re: WAH OH ,why is pounds to Naira Rate so high, N267 to £1?? by coogar: 12:28pm On Jul 28, 2013
Chillisauce: @ Afam, the way you are going about the thread one might think you actually been to these places cheesy...don't you just love Internet!

you didn't have to do afam like that - why kick a man that is already down?

Meanwhile u never cross Senegal sef.
Leave the thread for the UK peeps and create a thread for ABa folks. Na there dem néed you!

Stop derailing

don't mind the obese charlatan. he likes to think he knows more about UK/USA than the people staying there. this is why he keeps embarrassing himself from one thread to another.

look at him trying to argue americans dress better than the brits even when it's obvious europeans have always shown a considerably higher fashion sense....

adaobi123:

Yes it's where Peckham is.
Lol. I think south west is quite "porsche".

poshness in london area is a clockwise thing. it starts from south west(chelsea/fulham area) to the west to the north west to the north then to the east, then to the south east down to the dirty south.
Re: WAH OH ,why is pounds to Naira Rate so high, N267 to £1?? by Nobody: 12:37pm On Jul 28, 2013
coogar:

poshness in london area is a clockwise thing. it starts from south west(chelsea/fulham area) to the west to the north west to the north then to the east, then to the south east down to the dirty south.

What an interesting statement you have there. cheesy
Re: WAH OH ,why is pounds to Naira Rate so high, N267 to £1?? by Nobody: 2:04pm On Jul 28, 2013
Afam4eva: I think Coogar and Shymexx live in south-south London.

Afam4eva, not really here for famzing, but you need to stop posting Peckham everywhere. Poshness in London is subjective - and most times is judged by house prices. Southwark (where Peckham is situated), Lewisham and Lambeth boroughs are some of the roughest areas in London (in terms of crime). However, those areas are more expensive than places with nice houses like: Thamesmead, Chafford Hundred, parts of Enfield etc.. Most of these other places with nice houses don't have the type of enligtened people domiciled in former. Like eGuerilla pointed on another thread last week - the South of the Thames River has some of the most educated black people in London. eGuerilla is also from Peckham and he's arguably the most educated and intelligent poster on this forum. The brother is a soldier! grin

Also, the promixy to Central London and West End makes these places the most preferred places for people who work in the city. I've got an aunt who's a barrister and her tax bracket alone would pay a lot of people's salary. However, she still lives in Peckham. And there are tons of people out there who would rather move out of the UK than move out of Peckham.

Anyway, North London isn't that posh (I honestly can't name any area in North London off the top that's posh, tbh). The only posh "coasts" that are posh in London (based on the concentration of rich and super-rich people) are West and North West London. Even back from my secondary school days, kids from West London have always been different. They talk different and they also dress kind of black-hippy/British meet American way. And don't ever post East London anywhere because that's the poorest and most disadvantaged area in London - with the most obnoxious people.

Another thing about not believing the hype and all the stereotypical things you hear about places is that: a place like Brixton (Lambeth) for example that's demonised as one of the worst places in London (like Peckham) probably has more white middle-class and upper middle-class people, than some of the places with the nicest houses in London. If you go from Brixton to Clapham, you will see what I'm talking about. You need to be out there in Brixton on a friday night to see what I'm talking about Heck, Brixton is just an extension of Chelsea, Fulham, Victoria, Battersea and Wandsworth on the South West coast. As for Peckham (Southwark) - you can't take the influence of the City of London away from it. It has been under the jurisdiction of the City of London since it was created - and there are nice places there as well.

Finally, if you ever move out here, the Southside is the best side for you. You will always find someone from the Southside anywhere you go in the UK - and the bond here is strong. It's like a brotherhood thing.

Don't believe the hype!

PS: Afam unban my handle in the politics section! wink tongue

6 Likes

Re: WAH OH ,why is pounds to Naira Rate so high, N267 to £1?? by Nobody: 2:32pm On Jul 28, 2013
Shymexx, you nailed it, 100% correct.

I'm just too lazy trying to get such points across. It's like trying to crack a rock with a sponge, convincing those who choose to believe all the media hype.
Re: WAH OH ,why is pounds to Naira Rate so high, N267 to £1?? by Nobody: 2:57pm On Jul 28, 2013
damiso:

Haa Jide you dey look for trouble o grin

Valid question ojere. I ask that question when I want to get my husband's back up, he is Mr British way of life like Coogar (though not as bad tongue tongue).His answer is does Nigeria have central heating? And my retort is always who is talking about Naija now (he calls me Mrs Naija champion grin)?Y'all need to advance jare, central heating can be central air conditioning as well smiley

I wonder why brits keep bleating on about it being cold, the place is meant to be Cold jo.I caught the bus to Central London on thursday,I almost fainted angry

Don't mind me jare. grin

The buses here air conditioned , you'll need your light jacket sometimes. Una dey try oh.
Re: WAH OH ,why is pounds to Naira Rate so high, N267 to £1?? by damiso(f): 3:41pm On Jul 28, 2013
shymexx:

Afam4eva, not really here for famzing, but you need to stop posting Peckham everywhere. Poshness in London is subjective - and most times is judged by house prices. Southwark (where Peckham is situated), Lewisham and Lambeth boroughs are some of the roughest areas in London (in terms of crime). However, those areas are more expensive than places with nice houses like: Thamesmead, Chafford Hundred, parts of Enfield etc.. Most of these other places with nice houses don't have the type of enligtened people domiciled in former. Like eGuerilla pointed on another thread last week - the South of the Thames River has some of the most educated black people in London. eGuerilla is also from Peckham and he's arguably the most educated and intelligent poster on this forum. The brother is a soldier! grin

Also, the promixy to Central London and West End makes these places the most preferred places for people who work in the city. I've got an aunt who's a barrister and her tax bracket alone would pay a lot of people's salary. However, she still lives in Peckham. And there are tons of people out there who would rather move out of the UK than move out of Peckham.

Anyway, North London isn't that posh (I honestly can't name any area in North London off the top that's posh, tbh). The only posh "coasts" that are posh in London (based on the concentration of rich and super-rich people) are West and North West London. Even back from my secondary school days, kids from West London have always been different. They talk different and they also dress kind of black-hippy/British meet American way. And don't ever post East London anywhere because that's the poorest and most disadvantaged area in London - with the most obnoxious people.

Another thing about not believing the hype and all the stereotypical things you hear about places is that: a place like Brixton (Lambeth) for example that's demonised as one of the worst places in London (like Peckham) probably has more white middle-class and upper middle-class people, than some of the places with the nicest houses in London. If you go from Brixton to Clapham, you will see what I'm talking about. You need to be out there in Brixton on a friday night to see what I'm talking about Heck, Brixton is just an extension of Chelsea, Fulham, Victoria, Battersea and Wandsworth on the South West coast. As for Peckham (Southwark) - you can't take the influence of the City of London away from it. It has been under the jurisdiction of the City of London since it was created - and there are nice places there as well.

Finally, if you ever move out here, the Southside is the best side for you. You will always find someone from the Southside anywhere you go in the UK - and the bond here is strong. It's like a brotherhood thing
Don't believe the hype!

PS: Afam unban my handle in the politics section! wink tongue

Shymexx nailed it esp on the house prices part.Thats why I always just shrug at people who move to Thamesmead, erith , dartford and then start feeling posher than those who live in peckham grin grin grin.

Though I dont agree that poshness (as in the individual) is necessarily tied to the price of your house.

1 Like

Re: WAH OH ,why is pounds to Naira Rate so high, N267 to £1?? by ksolo2013: 3:42pm On Jul 28, 2013
were in south east london, na for club, bars or chruch @ adaobi123
Re: WAH OH ,why is pounds to Naira Rate so high, N267 to £1?? by Nobody: 3:55pm On Jul 28, 2013
k-solo2013:
were in south east london, na for club, bars or chruch @ adaobi123

Anywhere. Just enter primark. grin
Re: WAH OH ,why is pounds to Naira Rate so high, N267 to £1?? by coogar: 4:03pm On Jul 28, 2013
k-solo2013:
were can one find decent naija babes based in london abeg ladies

you better keep your willy on a leash. if you desperately need a babe to score, i would advise you should buy a whöre and take the edge off....

if you carry the same naija swag here, you would soon end up in jail. don't mistake the smiles and dates as the green light to touch. over here, no means no even after penetration.

actually, you would be safer recording what transpired in the bedroom in case your date decides to burn you she gave no consent to the sex you had with her.

some naija boys have been arrested and even locked up. be careful how you pick them caucasian babes or even the naija babes before you are thrown into belmarsh prison on sex offences.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1292055/Student-jailed-rape-claim-invented-extension-course-work.html#ixzz0t61isL2g
Re: WAH OH ,why is pounds to Naira Rate so high, N267 to £1?? by Nobody: 5:00pm On Jul 28, 2013
Re: WAH OH ,why is pounds to Naira Rate so high, N267 to £1?? by ksolo2013: 5:07pm On Jul 28, 2013
lol @ adaobi123 primack for peckham right sorry am alegic to cheap cloths. but for real are u a south london girl too
Re: WAH OH ,why is pounds to Naira Rate so high, N267 to £1?? by Nobody: 5:11pm On Jul 28, 2013
k-solo2013:
lol @ adaobi123 primack for peckham right sorry am alegic to cheap cloths. but for real are u a south london girl too

There's nothing wrong with primark tongue

And yes I am.
Re: WAH OH ,why is pounds to Naira Rate so high, N267 to £1?? by bigx(m): 5:14pm On Jul 28, 2013
chaircover: shocked shocked shocked shocked

How did such a beautiful thread turn into my Mercedes is bigger than yours

Now youve all chased ile and cooger away tongue grin

I no get mercedes o, :|
Re: WAH OH ,why is pounds to Naira Rate so high, N267 to £1?? by Nobody: 5:16pm On Jul 28, 2013
Hi peeps, please where if possible do you think I can find Nigerian lentil (igbo name = fiofio, don't know what it's called in yoruba) in London. Cheers
Re: WAH OH ,why is pounds to Naira Rate so high, N267 to £1?? by tellwisdom: 5:19pm On Jul 28, 2013
U.k? ...Very stingy people...they actually watch while we arabos make the spending. sad
Re: WAH OH ,why is pounds to Naira Rate so high, N267 to £1?? by ksolo2013: 5:20pm On Jul 28, 2013
ok i take u shop at primack ? good for you and least u dont lie unlike some other people, what church do u go to cus i heard u can see good girls for there.
Re: WAH OH ,why is pounds to Naira Rate so high, N267 to £1?? by ksolo2013: 5:22pm On Jul 28, 2013
u to go stingy if u pay 40 percent tax and pay rent and council tax after that
Re: WAH OH ,why is pounds to Naira Rate so high, N267 to £1?? by Nobody: 5:24pm On Jul 28, 2013
k-solo2013:
ok i take u shop at primack ? good for you and least u dont lie unlike some other people, what church do u go to cus i heard u can see good girls for there.

Yes I do.

I'm Catholic.

Yes you can find a girl, try the pentecostal churches. If you want to find a girl, don't use this your naija swagger. Girls here HATE IT.
Re: WAH OH ,why is pounds to Naira Rate so high, N267 to £1?? by damiso(f): 5:26pm On Jul 28, 2013
Greyfog: Hi peeps, please where if possible do you think I can find Nigerian lentil (igbo name = fiofio, don't know what it's called in yoruba) in London. Cheers
Fio fio I remember it, its that one you chew then spit out right?

There is this african shop in Peckham, BIMS they sell the oddest stuff, the last time I was there I saw Tapioca shocked(only typical lagosians who know megown wink can know what that is).So try there

Or Kumasi, also in peckham.
Re: WAH OH ,why is pounds to Naira Rate so high, N267 to £1?? by ksolo2013: 5:27pm On Jul 28, 2013
lol which one be naija swagger biko ? so girls like all those guys with fake london accents
Re: WAH OH ,why is pounds to Naira Rate so high, N267 to £1?? by Nobody: 5:29pm On Jul 28, 2013
k-solo2013:
lol which one be naija swagger biko ? so girls like all those guys with fake london accents

Why are you looking for a girl anyways ? Marriage ? tongue
Re: WAH OH ,why is pounds to Naira Rate so high, N267 to £1?? by ksolo2013: 5:33pm On Jul 28, 2013
well if it leads to marriage why not , but tried of meeting fake ass girls on the road. you just meet a naija girl today and tomorrow shes is asking u to pay for her oyster card or buy her credit

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

My Four Months Old Baby Is Having Cattarh And Cough / Ways To Be A Good Working Wife / A Wife Or A Car: Which Is More Expensive To Maintain?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.