Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,460 members, 7,808,643 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:42 PM

Convenant University Convocates 144 First Class - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Convenant University Convocates 144 First Class (2410 Views)

LASU Convocates With 41 First Class In 3years / Virginity Test For Female Students To Be Conducted By Convenant University? / Pti Convocates 2acedemic Set (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Convenant University Convocates 144 First Class by Mosunbabe(f): 6:54am On Jul 27, 2013
A total of 114 students of the Convenant University,Ota, in Ogun State graduated with first class honours,the News Agency of Nigeria reports. The first class students were among the 1,466 who were awarded various degrees at the institution's 8th convocation ceremony.The Chancellor of the University,David Oyedepo said at the event that 720 of the Students were made Second Class (Upper Division),565 Second Class (Lower Division) and 67 Third Class. Mr.Oyedepo said that 111 of the Students were awarded Master's Degree while 30 were others obtained PHD.He said the University board of Reagent has mandated it to become one of the best ten Universities in the world in the next ten years. He charged the Students to be relevant in the new economy,where the individual was the knowledge worker.(NAN)

Re: Convenant University Convocates 144 First Class by Acidosis(m): 7:02am On Jul 27, 2013
Happy Convocation, Vanneni

1 Like

Re: Convenant University Convocates 144 First Class by Nobody: 7:12am On Jul 27, 2013
Sumfn is surely wrong wif all dis private unis....how can 10% hv first class.....hahaha....are they all intelligent than their lecturers
Now i understand what my dad's ffrnd was saying when he said dey rate a second class from a public university d same as a first class from a private skl when conducting interviews!!......

1 Like

Re: Convenant University Convocates 144 First Class by eruudy(m): 7:13am On Jul 27, 2013
?..

1 Like

Re: Convenant University Convocates 144 First Class by matrixme(m): 7:27am On Jul 27, 2013
We really really need a council for the regulation of Education in this country. It's about that time!!!
Re: Convenant University Convocates 144 First Class by Acidosis(m): 7:35am On Jul 27, 2013
Dr.'Hesjay:
Sumfn is surely wrong wif all dis private unis....how can 10% hv first class.....hahaha....are they all intelligent than their lecturers
Now i understand what my dad's ffrnd was saying when he said dey rate a second class from a public university d same as a first class from a private skl when conducting interviews!!......

I think the question should be, why are public university lecturers so heartless and outdated?

Some of the lecturers in public schools are the reason why majority of graduates are unemployed today.

I do not care if the number of first class in CU is too much. All I know is, they are getting the jobs with their grades... while your s¡lly outdated randy public lecturers who believe education means reading and studying under shrines, trees (like monkeys), under intense sun, with candle sticks keep issuing their 2:2 and 3rd class infested degrees to intelligent ones.

I know someone who made 6 A1s in WAEC, plus well recognized awards like the cowbell mathematics award..
Only to get to your public school and receive a s¡lly 2-2 result in Computer Science from lecturers who cannot hold the 'mouse' properly.

I will never advice any rich one to send his/her child to a public school in Nigeria!

3 Likes

Re: Convenant University Convocates 144 First Class by Acidosis(m): 7:53am On Jul 27, 2013
matrixme: We really really need a council for the regulation of Education in this country. It's about that time!!!

We do not need any council that will start embarking on strike actions.

You see, education is not what your lecturers give to you in public schools.

Reading with candle sticks with empty stomach (or atleast garri and sugar) throughout the night for a mere practical class is not "education", but a curse.

When you do well in your I.T with good comments and excellent recommendation from your boss at work, and then your lecturer comes to visit only to give you a "grin" after forming 'PhD things' IS DEFINITELY NOT EDUCATION (I don't know what it is)

You see, when your lecturers travel to his village for only God knows, and then he comes back few weeks to exam and then he base his scores on a total of 100. MY Brother, dat one nor be education oo, na educasion grin
Even Oxford don't do that!

What happens to attendance?
Assignments?
Discussion lessons?
Test I?
Test II?
Exam?

How can someone have a 100% attendance and still have a "F" in a course?

hahahahahaha.... grin grin Your schools are highly overrated and outdated...

One begins to wonder, why the highly exalted schools in Nigeria didn't make the 1000 list of good schools in the world.
grin

1 Like

Re: Convenant University Convocates 144 First Class by Nobody: 7:59am On Jul 27, 2013
Boss
Acidosis:

I think the question should be, why are public university lecturers so heartless and outdated?

Some of the lecturers in public schools are the reason why majority of graduates are unemployed today.

I do not care if the number of first class in CU is too much. All I know is, they are getting the jobs with their grades... while your s¡lly outdated randy public lecturers who believe education means reading and studying under shrines, trees (like monkeys), under intense sun, with candle sticks keep issuing their 2:2 and 3rd class infested degrees to intelligent ones.

I know someone who made 6 A1s in WAEC, plus well recognized awards like the cowbell mathematics award..
Only to get to your public school and receive a s¡lly 2-2 result in Computer Science from lecturers who cannot hold the 'mouse' properly.

I will never advice any rich one to send his/her child to a public school in Nigeria!
outdated u call dem!!...i'm nt surprised abt y the private unis keep inviting our lecturers to b their deans....
D so called babcock invited a prof in u.i to b their college of medicine provost...d amn rejected straight!!
I knw nigerians..i dnt exppect u to agree if u r in a private uni....
Do u knw what a first class means....do u fink it is meant to b given as if it is water....
Well,dat ur frnd didnt do his homework well!!:....Pple hv first class in federal unis too buh dey r pple wu rili deserve it....
Do u fink dey wl want to give u third class when u pay millions?...
I knw of sumone wu was sent out of O.A.U 4 nt meetinf up...his parents took him to one private skl...i was surprised when i heard d same guy graduated dis yr wif a 2.1......
Re: Convenant University Convocates 144 First Class by Nobody: 8:06am On Jul 27, 2013
Well,dats where ur thinking goes....i now understand....u r in a private skl so u hv to support utself
Acidosis:

We do not need any council that will start embarking on strike actions.

You see, education is not what your lecturers give to you in public schools.

Reading with candle sticks with empty stomach (or atleast garri and sugar) throughout the night for a mere practical class is not "education", but a curse.

When you do well in your I.T with good comments and excellent recommendation from your boss at work, and then your lecturer comes to visit only to give you a "grin" after forming 'PhD things' IS DEFINITELY NOT EDUCATION (I don't know what it is)

You see, when your lecturers travel to his village for only God knows, and then he comes back few weeks to exam and then he base his scores on a total of 100. MY Brother, dat one nor be education oo, na educasion grin
Even Oxford don't do that!

What happens to attendance?
Assignments?
Discussion lessons?
Test I?
Test II?
Exam?

How can someone have a 100% attendance and still have a "F" in a course?

hahahahahaha.... grin grin Your schools are highly overrated and outdated...

One begins to wonder, why the highly exalted schools in Nigeria didn't make the 1000 list of good schools in the world.
grin
even peepz in polytechnics use everything to argue dey r better than peepz in unis!!!.....

U just keep on saying outdated....outdated indeed!!!....
Dats y private skls employ retired federal skl lecturers.....
Wif all ur reading in 24hrs light......
Giving u first class anyhow doesnt mean u r gud....

I bet it wif u,a 2.2 graduate 4rm Unibadan can completely stand up against a first class holder of C.U....

Dnt b biased...we knw u hv reasons of bn there...buh dat doesnt in anyway increase d quality...i hv a bro in Landmark...d one owned by Bishop Oyedepo...
Altho he tries to support his skl outside...,he stl says d truth @ home....u see pple wu didnt even hv up to 150 in jamb hving 4.9 in 100lvl.....hahaha
Re: Convenant University Convocates 144 First Class by free2ryhme: 8:08am On Jul 27, 2013
The are the ones that actually go through school without school going thru them ..

Come join the unemployment race ... you are all welcome and invited grin grin
Re: Convenant University Convocates 144 First Class by OROZONE(m): 8:08am On Jul 27, 2013
You gotta be kidding me

1 Like

Re: Convenant University Convocates 144 First Class by Acidosis(m): 8:25am On Jul 27, 2013
Dr.'Hesjay:
Boss
outdated u call dem!!...i'm nt surprised abt y the private unis keep inviting our lecturers to b their deans....
D so called babcock invited a prof in u.i to b their college of medicine provost...d amn rejected straight!!
I knw nigerians..i dnt exppect u to agree if u r in a private uni....
Do u knw what a first class means....do u fink it is meant to b given as if it is water....
Well,dat ur frnd didnt do his homework well!!:....Pple hv first class in federal unis too buh dey r pple wu rili deserve it....
Do u fink dey wl want to give u third class when u pay millions?...
I knw of sumone wu was sent out of O.A.U 4 nt meetinf up...his parents took him to one private skl...i was surprised when i heard d same guy graduated dis yr wif a 2.1......

My oga, we don't need to drag this too far. Do you know the likes of your lecturers who are not exposed (BSc, UI. MSc. OAU, PhD,OAU) are not allowed in some private univs like ABTI, AUN - Adamawa[ ??
Atiku runs this private uni and most of his lecturers are of international standards.. Infact 80% are whites.

Your Prof have his reasons for not accepting the offer (maybe Job security, pay etc)

As for the boy who made a 2.1, you and I know the situation in our schools where people who applied and qualified for Biochemistry are offered Music.
Why won't he fail a course in a school he despise?
Re: Convenant University Convocates 144 First Class by Nobody: 8:29am On Jul 27, 2013
Round of applause!!!!
Acidosis:

My oga, we don't need to drag this too far. Do you know the likes of your lecturers who are not exposed (BSc, UI. MSc. OAU, PhD,OAU) are not allowed in some private univs like ABTI, AUN - Adamawa[ ??
Atiku runs this private uni and most of his lecturers are of international standards.. Infact 80% are whites.

Your Prof have his reasons for not accepting the offer (maybe Job security, pay etc)

As for the boy who made a 2.1, you and I know the situation in our schools where people who applied and qualified for Biochemistry are offered Music.
Why won't he fail a course in a school he despise?
much as i expected....u r a student there.u hv to say things to support dem...all i knw is one day,u wl knw d truth and it shall set u free!!!

U r taking dis thing in anoda direction.....i'm nt saying u dnt hv white men teaching u or d skl is nt gud....
All i'm saying is d number of first klass is becoming above normal!!
Let a million americans and europeans teach u....Asians should teach u engineering,i dnt care...
Wif all ur white men,u dnt win competitions where federal guys are....
Go to top medical skls in d world...UCL,KCL..n co....abt 15% of their lecturers are Nigerian Profs!!!...and d skls r d best...
Wif all ur white men,u dnt even come among d best in naija...
Its nt by d number of white men wu lecture in dis skls buh by d quality....
When 10% hv first class,i tell u, the quality is going down d river!

2 Likes

Re: Convenant University Convocates 144 First Class by Acidosis(m): 9:53am On Jul 27, 2013
Dr.'Hesjay:
Round of applause!!!!
much as i expected....u r a student there.u hv to say things to support dem...all i knw is one day,u wl knw d truth and it shall set u free!!!

U r taking dis thing in anoda direction.....i'm nt saying u dnt hv white men teaching u or d skl is nt gud....
All i'm saying is d number of first klass is becoming above normal!!
Let a million americans and europeans teach u....Asians should teach u engineering,i dnt care...
Wif all ur white men,u dnt win competitions where federal guys are....
Go to top medical skls in d world...UCL,KCL..n co....abt 15% of their lecturers are Nigerian Profs!!!...and d skls r d best...
Wif all ur white men,u dnt even come among d best in naija...
Its nt by d number of white men wu lecture in dis skls buh by d quality....
When 10% hv first class,i tell u, the quality is going down d river!

Firslty, I did not attend a private uni.

I'm only trying to be objective and face this issue without considering the fact that I attended a public school.

Have you wondered why admission in some schools abroad is so easy?

Do you know most people who failed your JAMB gained admission easily in developed countries and then come back home to get the jobs the "HARDworking", "HARD-STRESSED all night reading students" here in the country are struggling to get?

Its not about Private uni.. its about the over-rating aluta struggling ish going on in our 19th century institutions.

If its about "STRUGGLE", then our public schools ought to be leading in the world of academics.

I know you'll also condemn the 1st class students in schools like Novena university, Ogume, Delta state. But do you know a girl from that school, Oghale Askia went ahead for Masters in Middlesex university, UK and she came out as the best graduating student (+ 5 awards) ?
Mind you, this girl left Novena with a 2.1 result (not even a 1st class)..
www.nairaland.com/757410/askia-oghale-tessy-best-graduating

And again, its not about competition. A visit to some of the private schools will convince you.

..and I'm not forgetting the fact that, some schools are bad. Its normal.. Even in the U.K, there are bad schools.

..and you don't expect all unis to have the same standards. 2.2 in OAU may not be 2.2 in UNIBEN even though they are both Federal Unis.

Do you also know, that UNILAG graduates more first class students than most schools? So can we also condemn UNILAG?

1 Like

Re: Convenant University Convocates 144 First Class by Acidosis(m): 10:01am On Jul 27, 2013
Later you guys would say "a 2:2 in Nigeria is a 1st class in Oxford!"

Now why can't our Lecturers reason like normal humans and give them the first class here?
Re: Convenant University Convocates 144 First Class by NerdyPoet(m): 10:17am On Jul 27, 2013
Front page please..
Re: Convenant University Convocates 144 First Class by Nobody: 1:11pm On Jul 27, 2013
Acidosis: Happy Convocation, Vanneni
Thanks. cheesy cheesy cheesy kiss

1 Like

Re: Convenant University Convocates 144 First Class by HARDDON: 1:20pm On Jul 27, 2013
Vanneni: Thanks. cheesy cheesy cheesy kiss

bravo V!

savour the frills

1 Like

Re: Convenant University Convocates 144 First Class by Nobody: 1:49pm On Jul 27, 2013
HARDDON:

bravo V!

savour the frills
Thank youuuuu! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Convenant University Convocates 144 First Class by Acidosis(m): 1:53pm On Jul 27, 2013
You'll welcome dear smiley

I couldn't make it sad sad

cheesy
Re: Convenant University Convocates 144 First Class by Nobody: 1:58pm On Jul 27, 2013
Acidosis:
You'll welcome dear smiley

I couldn't make it sad sad

cheesy
Nothing spoil. I'm too thrilled to care. wink cheesy
Re: Convenant University Convocates 144 First Class by free2ryhme: 2:05pm On Jul 27, 2013

u get 1st class
Re: Convenant University Convocates 144 First Class by Nobody: 3:00pm On Jul 27, 2013

Y U Do Dis? Y U Stop Fighting?
See your lives, haters? Your mates are busy writing exams and graduating and you're busy with ASUU strike and staying at home.
Jelosi no good oh!
Re: Convenant University Convocates 144 First Class by Nobody: 3:17pm On Jul 27, 2013
free2ryhme:

u get 1st class
No. cheesy
Re: Convenant University Convocates 144 First Class by free2ryhme: 3:42pm On Jul 27, 2013
Vanneni: No. cheesy

we be wan throw party for you

any way labour market dey wait ooo no forget ooo grin grin
Re: Convenant University Convocates 144 First Class by Acidosis(m): 3:59pm On Jul 27, 2013
Vanneni: I'm too thrilled to care. wink cheesy

ouch! that hurts
Re: Convenant University Convocates 144 First Class by Nobody: 5:20pm On Jul 27, 2013
free2ryhme:

we be wan throw party for you

any way labour market dey wait ooo no forget ooo grin grin
tongue I'm secured. Work don already dey wait for me tey tey. cheesy cheesy
Re: Convenant University Convocates 144 First Class by Nobody: 5:24pm On Jul 27, 2013
Acidosis:

ouch! that hurts
embarassed embarassed I'm sorry, pardon me. But really, I'm excited! I'm happy! I'm....everything good if you know what I mean. wink cheesy cheesy
Re: Convenant University Convocates 144 First Class by matrixme(m): 8:16pm On Jul 27, 2013
We like deceiving ourselves alot in this country. We never reason from both sides of the coin, we just assume. I think many of the people defending this monstrosity are either church goers or private university products. I wonder if you guys would stand a chance in today's dog-eat-dog Nigeria. Anyway, your strength lies in the private sector. I am a privileged product of a public University of Technology here in Nigeria, FUTA, and I know the worth of my own education. It is not half-baked like many of you in privately owned institutions think. I worry the system of education in this country has been bastardised with money: Summer semester to run carry over courses, (thank God I heard that has been cancelled) Excessive first class from products that entered the system with 160 UME score and other eyesore. I am not being discriminatory here, but it's in the soon coming future that the repercussions would appear. We can all stand and watch.

2 Likes

Re: Convenant University Convocates 144 First Class by DARREG(m): 11:48am On Jul 28, 2013
SO TRUE...To make it clear there are so many notable awards today in Nigeria that involves both private and public uni and studentz of private uni comes out tops
Acidosis:

Firslty, I did not attend a private uni.

I'm only trying to be objective and face this issue without considering the fact that I attended a public school.

Have you wondered why admission in some schools abroad is so easy?

Do you know most people who failed your JAMB gained admission easily in developed countries and then come back home to get the jobs the "HARDworking", "HARD-STRESSED all night reading students" here in the country are struggling to get?

Its not about Private uni.. its about the over-rating aluta struggling ish going on in our 19th century institutions.

If its about "STRUGGLE", then our public schools ought to be leading in the world of academics.

I know you'll also condemn the 1st class students in schools like Novena university, Ogume, Delta state. But do you know a girl from that school, Oghale Askia went ahead for Masters in Middlesex university, UK and she came out as the best graduating student (+ 5 awards) ?
Mind you, this girl left Novena with a 2.1 result (not even a 1st class)..
www.nairaland.com/757410/askia-oghale-tessy-best-graduating

And again, its not about competition. A visit to some of the private schools will convince you.

..and I'm not forgetting the fact that, some schools are bad. Its normal.. Even in the U.K, there are bad schools.

..and you don't expect all unis to have the same standards. 2.2 in OAU may not be 2.2 in UNIBEN even though they are both Federal Unis.

Do you also know, that UNILAG graduates more first class students than most schools? So can we also condemn UNILAG?
Re: Convenant University Convocates 144 First Class by Acidosis(m): 3:46pm On Jul 28, 2013
matrixme: We like deceiving ourselves alot in this country. We never reason from both sides of the coin, we just assume. I think many of the people defending this monstrosity are either church goers or private university products. I wonder if you guys would stand a chance in today's dog-eat-dog Nigeria. Anyway, your strength lies in the private sector. I am a privileged product of a public University of Technology here in Nigeria, FUTA, and I know the worth of my own education. It is not half-baked like many of you in privately owned institutions think. I worry the system of education in this country has been bastardised with money: Summer semester to run carry over courses, (thank God I heard that has been cancelled) Excessive first class from products that entered the system with 160 UME score and other eyesore. I am not being discriminatory here, but it's in the soon coming future that the repercussions would appear. We can all stand and watch.

My friend stop giving false prophecies..

The future will be great.. and its certain

Those killing Nigeria today are products of your public schools..

1 Like

Re: Convenant University Convocates 144 First Class by Acidosis(m): 3:48pm On Jul 28, 2013
Vanneni: embarassed embarassed I'm sorry, pardon me. But really, I'm excited! I'm happy! I'm....everything good if you know what I mean. wink cheesy cheesy
I understand smiley

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Was Not Registered For Jamb. Pls Help! / Massive Mismanagement At Federal University Of Petroleum Resources (FUPRE) / UNILAG 2016/17 UTME Screening Registration Ongoing, Apply Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.