Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,448 members, 7,770,098 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 03:03 AM

Between 2010 Jaguar XF And Mercedes Benz E Class - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Between 2010 Jaguar XF And Mercedes Benz E Class (1862 Views)

Checkout The Features Of The Mercedes-benz 2017 E-class / Mercedes-benz E-class Coupé - Pictures / Jaguar Xf Or Audi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Between 2010 Jaguar XF And Mercedes Benz E Class by Gloryroad: 8:31am On Jul 27, 2013
What would you recommend for an everyday car in Abuja, about 60km movement everyday and occasional 400km Travel like once in a month, i like a car that can perform on the expressway and also take me to work everyday. Kindly advise

Re: Between 2010 Jaguar XF And Mercedes Benz E Class by Nobody: 10:17am On Jul 27, 2013
I like the Jag better but now that it is ford mondeo on the inside I can't say much about durability on naija roads, but I think the benz would do better i terms of reliability and being easy to fix and I also don't see the Jag as an everyday car.
Re: Between 2010 Jaguar XF And Mercedes Benz E Class by Aare1(m): 8:50pm On Jul 27, 2013
just on the basis of looks, i'll go for the XF.
If you do, please try to get your car the rims on the XF-RS. I saw one the other day, it was simply awesome

Re: Between 2010 Jaguar XF And Mercedes Benz E Class by MSItachi: 10:08pm On Jul 27, 2013
error
Re: Between 2010 Jaguar XF And Mercedes Benz E Class by MSItachi: 10:09pm On Jul 27, 2013
I also dont know anyone that uses the car as a day -day car, in love with the XF looks though
Re: Between 2010 Jaguar XF And Mercedes Benz E Class by sultaan(m): 11:25pm On Jul 27, 2013
It will be unwise to seek the advice of those who has/will never drive such cars.

You will have to live with your choice so take test drive and pick the one you will enjoy with no regret.
Re: Between 2010 Jaguar XF And Mercedes Benz E Class by Aare1(m): 5:31am On Jul 28, 2013
sultaan: It will be unwise to seek the advice of those who has/will never drive such cars.

You will have to live with your choice so take test drive and pick the one you will enjoy with no regret.

Well Sultaan has given some sage advice. I am yet to own one of 'em but like I said earlier, just on the basis of looks i'll stick with the british indian car grin
I should have gone to Peter Vardy for a test drive when i had the chance sad
Re: Between 2010 Jaguar XF And Mercedes Benz E Class by Nobody: 7:53am On Jul 28, 2013
Both cars are luxury cars meaning they come with high purchase price tags and also high prices for maintenance, in terms of looks these cars gơ̴͡t it, but the jaguar is more easy to the eyes and gơ̴͡t a better looks, although the mercedes looks muscular and bold and as a result many people (especially ladies who base their preference on looks) would embrace the Jaguar but folks who are ready to do sports might love the mercedes's muscular sports theme, that said, when we look at these cars in terms of exclusivity, they are still on the exclusive lists (you don't get to see them the way you see Camrys or Accords) but from my observation in Abuja the Jaguar enjoys much more exclusivity than the mercedes E class. I feel the reason for this is due to the fact that mercedes has been in Auto business before Jaguar hence people feel mercedes is more of a household name, they are better stuffed with luxury toys than the Jaguars (I stand corrected here), they ferry important government personnels both in Nigeria and Abroad (their E classes and S classes), mercedes thinks about customers desires that's why they most propably created some variants/trim levels on the E class to suit its customers, the E class is more practical as an every day drivers car, and based on reliability ratings the Mercedes beats the Jaguar. The mercedes is rated as the 3rd most reliable car after Honda and Toyota.
Re: Between 2010 Jaguar XF And Mercedes Benz E Class by Nobody: 7:57am On Jul 28, 2013
the w212 E-class is a better bet, just avoid the 4matics. the XF may be cheaper to acquire but it has a lower residual value and some build quality issues- it is using a heavily modified platform of the S type, its predecessor.
Early model years of the XF and the new XJ have reliability issues ,but on the plus side, u will look good while its being towed on a flatbed truck.... The XF is one cute car.
Re: Between 2010 Jaguar XF And Mercedes Benz E Class by MSItachi: 2:33pm On Jul 28, 2013
platinumricky: the w212 E-class is a better bet, just avoid the 4matics. the XF may be cheaper to acquire but it has a lower residual value and some build quality issues- it is using a heavily modified platform of the S type, its predecessor.
Early model years of the XF and the new XJ have reliability issues ,but on the plus side, u will look good while its being towed on a flatbed truck.... The XF is one cute car.

Lol @ being towed

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians In Shock As Lagos Man Takes Delivery Of N472,000 Million Bugatti Veyro / Innoson Nigeria Begins The Manufacture Of Fighter Jets Spare Parts / EOD Shock Absorbers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.