Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,419 members, 7,808,493 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:43 PM

Kenneth Hagin & Kenneth Copeland - Pentecostal Confusion - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Kenneth Hagin & Kenneth Copeland - Pentecostal Confusion (24981 Views)

The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin / Measles Outbreak At Kenneth Copeland Megachurch / Pentecostal Pastors Are Satanic Agents - True worshipers Be Very Careful! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kenneth Hagin & Kenneth Copeland - Pentecostal Confusion by shdemidemi(m): 12:16pm On Jul 31, 2013
Bidam: I think the best form of criticism is to read a book and not to hear a third party say it.Thank you.

Are you saying I have to listen to him to know what the bible says about other good news apart from the good news of Christ!

Like I said before I don't know him neither do I follow him, so I will be wrong to condemn him. Now, I am not condemning the man but 'prosperity gospel' in general.
Re: Kenneth Hagin & Kenneth Copeland - Pentecostal Confusion by Tgirl4real(f): 12:18pm On Jul 31, 2013
shdemidemi:

If Paul says he wishes them all this, does that make it a doctrine to be preached! This is what he had to say about tribulations/ problems and afflictions we go through as believers-

3 ........ we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience;

4 And patience, experience; and experience, hope:

5 And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.

God bless you o jare.

1 Like

Re: Kenneth Hagin & Kenneth Copeland - Pentecostal Confusion by Nobody: 12:25pm On Jul 31, 2013
shdemidemi:

If Paul says he wishes them all this, does that make it a doctrine to be preached. This is what he had to say about tribulations/ problems and afflictions we go through as believers-
grin It was actually John's epistle i quoted,too much of paul worshipping reading i guess.
3 ........ we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience;

4 And patience, experience; and experience, hope:

5 And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.
Ermm..actually christian do still get rewardz here on earth and not only in the after-life.

You need to strike a balance bro..or have you forgotten the scriptures where paul says " I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry,whether living in plenty or in want .phil 4:12

The key to a triumphant christian living is contentment bro...and that is what Hagin teaches if you have read his books and not excesses which leads to error as some of you are spewing in this thread.
Re: Kenneth Hagin & Kenneth Copeland - Pentecostal Confusion by shdemidemi(m): 12:32pm On Jul 31, 2013
Bidam: grin It was actually John's epistle i quoted,too much of paul worshipping reading i guess.
Ermm..actually christian do still get rewardz here on earth and not only in the after-life..

Whether you like it or not, he remains the apostle for the Gentiles.

Bidam: ;
You need to strike a balance bro..or have you forgotten the scriptures where paul says " I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry,whether living in plenty or in want .phil 4:12

The key to a triumphant christian living is contentment bro...and that is what Hagin teaches if you have read his books and not excesses which leads to error as some of you are spewing in this thread. .

How does contentment relate with the prosperity gospel?
Re: Kenneth Hagin & Kenneth Copeland - Pentecostal Confusion by Nobody: 12:42pm On Jul 31, 2013
shdemidemi:

Whether you like it or not, he remains the apostle for the Gentiles.
Wrong, he wasn't the only apostle sent to the gentiles,there were 700 at the time of Elijah that did not bow to Baal,my point is God can use anyone to write His books.Paul was just a privileged vessel.Don't hype it.

How does contentment relate with the prosperity gospel?
It is not called prosperity gospel,but simply prosperity and that was why i asked you to define prosperity for me.You are yet to give me a definite answer. I await your definition.
Re: Kenneth Hagin & Kenneth Copeland - Pentecostal Confusion by shdemidemi(m): 12:53pm On Jul 31, 2013
Bidam: . Wrong, he wasn't the only apostle sent to the gentiles,there were 700 at the time of Elijah that did not bow to Baal,my point is God can use anyone to write His books.Paul was just a privileged vessel.Don't hype it.

I will pass on this so we don't derail the thread
Bidam: .
It is not called prosperity gospel,but simply prosperity and that was why i asked you to define prosperity for me.You are yet to give me a definite answer. I await your definition.

Prosperity means financial multiplication in mysterious ways in these churches.

When such messages are preached, it becomes a gospel because they claim prosperity is pertinent to being a believer.

I also asked you a question- what is the relationship between contentment gospel and prosperity gospel?
Re: Kenneth Hagin & Kenneth Copeland - Pentecostal Confusion by Nobody: 2:28pm On Jul 31, 2013
shdemidemi:

I will pass on this so we don't derail the thread

Prosperity means financial multiplication in mysterious ways in these churches.

When such messages are preached, it becomes a gospel because they claim prosperity is pertinent to being a believer.

I also asked you a question- what is the relationship between contentment gospel and prosperity gospel?
My question is on hagins teachings and not these churches. If you can't answer me then best forget it.
Re: Kenneth Hagin & Kenneth Copeland - Pentecostal Confusion by PastorKun(m): 2:38pm On Jul 31, 2013
Illustration of a typical word of faith preacher.

1 Like

Re: Kenneth Hagin & Kenneth Copeland - Pentecostal Confusion by Joagbaje(m): 5:12pm On Jul 31, 2013
Enigma: Joagbaje
Iwo o ti jawo ninu false doctrine!

YEAH, WE SEE hagin 'balance' in that OP video!

Nonsense and ingredients. wink wink

Egbon what is false in manifestations of the Holy Spirit. ? Holy Spirit la ma bawi . Won make joyful noise ni!

2 Likes

Re: Kenneth Hagin & Kenneth Copeland - Pentecostal Confusion by Nobody: 5:20pm On Jul 31, 2013
Joagbaje:

Egbon what is false in manifestations of the Holy Spirit. ? Holy Spirit la ma bawi . Won make joyful noise ni!

Jesus did not come to give you money, he came to give you life when you repent !
Re: Kenneth Hagin & Kenneth Copeland - Pentecostal Confusion by Joagbaje(m): 5:53pm On Jul 31, 2013
frosbel:

Jesus did not come to give you money, he came to give you life when you repent !

Nobody says Jesus came to give money except you, Abi your ear is hearing double ? grin.

John 10:10
. . . I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

You should rather repent of your poverty preaching cool

3 Likes

Re: Kenneth Hagin & Kenneth Copeland - Pentecostal Confusion by Nobody: 8:28pm On Jul 31, 2013
Joagbaje:

The tin tire me o my brother.The promise of the Father was the Holy Spirit, not a Bible. The written Word, the Bible has replaced the Holy Spirit in most Christians’ lives. The promise of the Father was the Holy Spirit, not a book, and the book as it has been printed and gotten into the hands of the multitudes over the centuries has replaced intimacy with the promise of the Father, the Holy Spirit.
Re: Kenneth Hagin & Kenneth Copeland - Pentecostal Confusion by nlMediator: 8:37pm On Jul 31, 2013
So after many pages and wasted hours, not one person can still point ONE error in HAGIN's message? And here we have people that are quick to judge. Lord have mercy.
Re: Kenneth Hagin & Kenneth Copeland - Pentecostal Confusion by DrummaBoy(m): 9:34pm On Jul 31, 2013
nlMediator: So after many pages and wasted hours, not one person can still point ONE error in HAGIN's message? And here we have people that are quick to judge. Lord have mercy.

And Hagin has become holy scriptures... smhl

It is no wonder Bidam and others come here and spew the rubbish they believe; it is Hagin that is influencing all of that.

Nonsense!
Re: Kenneth Hagin & Kenneth Copeland - Pentecostal Confusion by Joagbaje(m): 10:17pm On Jul 31, 2013
Bidam: The tin tire me o my brother.The promise of the Father was the Holy Spirit, not a Bible. The written Word, the Bible has replaced the Holy Spirit in most Christians’ lives. The promise of the Father was the Holy Spirit, not a book, and the book as it has been printed and gotten into the hands of the multitudes over the centuries has replaced intimacy with the promise of the Father, the Holy Spirit.

There are different kinds of meetings, evangelistic ,teaching , healing etc and there is also a fellowship meeting . Fellowship with the and through the Holy Spirit . Such meeting is visited with diversity of manifestation of the holyghost , groaning in the spirit , laughing ,or whatever .

Ephesians 5:18-19
And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit; 19 Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord;

2 Likes

Re: Kenneth Hagin & Kenneth Copeland - Pentecostal Confusion by Joagbaje(m): 10:20pm On Jul 31, 2013
DrummaBoy:
. . . it is Hagin that is influencing all of that.!

No it's the Holy Spirit rather who is the influence of all that. Before Hagin was ,the truth was.

2 Likes

Re: Kenneth Hagin & Kenneth Copeland - Pentecostal Confusion by Ken4Christ: 1:02am On Aug 01, 2013
I have watched the video. I do not see anything strange about it. The truth is that the things of the spirit are foolishness to the carnal man. If frosbel and those who join him to speak againt these men of God live more than two years from now, I will call it a miracle. They are just progra
mming their lives for early death. I feel sorry for them. These men are among the greatest teachers of the word of God in our generation.
Re: Kenneth Hagin & Kenneth Copeland - Pentecostal Confusion by shdemidemi(m): 1:30am On Aug 01, 2013
^^^what would one not hear on this forum!!! anyways
pro 14
12 There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.
Re: Kenneth Hagin & Kenneth Copeland - Pentecostal Confusion by nlMediator: 1:46am On Aug 01, 2013
DrummaBoy:

And Hagin has become holy scriptures... smhl

It is no wonder Bidam and others come here and spew the rubbish they believe; it is Hagin that is influencing all of that.

Nonsense!

My brother, I think you can do much better than that. Somebody opened a thread about Hagin and suddenly you do not want us to talk about him? You talk about "rubbish" and "nonsense" but you've given opportunity for the umpteenth time to spell out this rubbish and not one of you have been able to do so. All I need is "Hagin said X in p. 85 of Y Book and that is scripturally unsound" and we'll take it from there. I believe I have most of Hagin's books in my study or around here. But I promise that if the book you're quoting from is not here, I'll endeavor to order it without delay.

1 Like

Re: Kenneth Hagin & Kenneth Copeland - Pentecostal Confusion by Nobody: 5:56am On Aug 01, 2013
nlMediator:

My brother, I think you can do much better than that. Somebody opened a thread about Hagin and suddenly you do not want us to talk about him? You talk about "rubbish" and "nonsense" but you've given opportunity for the umpteenth time to spell out this rubbish and not one of you have been able to do so. All I need is "Hagin said X in p. 85 of Y Book and that is scripturally unsound" and we'll take it from there. I believe I have most of Hagin's books in my study or around here. But I promise that if the book you're quoting from is not here, I'll endeavor to order it without delay.
Good.@drummaboy are you up for this challenge?
Re: Kenneth Hagin & Kenneth Copeland - Pentecostal Confusion by DrummaBoy(m): 7:04am On Aug 01, 2013
Bidam: Good.@drummaboy are you up for this challenge?

I would not take up the challenge. I have better challenges to face on this forum: HAGIN IS NOT BIBLE AND THAT IS SUFFICIENT FOR ME.

He would do well to replace those Hagin books he has in his library with more reputable men of God's work over time.

I see Hagin disciples all over Christendom and the fruit they bear shows the rubbish they consume. Read scripture and find better Christian leaders to model ur life after.

1 Like

Re: Kenneth Hagin & Kenneth Copeland - Pentecostal Confusion by Nobody: 7:21am On Aug 01, 2013
DrummaBoy:

I would not take up the challenge. I have better challenges to face on this forum: HAGIN IS NOT BIBLE AND THAT IS SUFFICIENT FOR ME.
Your argument is weak,no one says hagin is the bible here.If you can't defend your stance that hagin teaches falsehood,then best run along and face your tithe threads,why must you comment?
He would do well to replace those Hagin books he has in his library with more reputable men of God's work over time.
And what gave you the impression that he relies on hagin's teaching for spiritual development?
I see Hagin disciples all over Christendom and the fruit they bear shows the rubbish they consume. Read scripture and find better Christian leaders to model ur life after.
grin You really are a hypocrite!! You have attacked so many reputable men of God in Nigeria,the likes of Kumuyi,Adeboye, etc i just wonder what ministry are you called to propagate? Is it ministry of condemnation?
Re: Kenneth Hagin & Kenneth Copeland - Pentecostal Confusion by Ken4Christ: 10:15am On Aug 01, 2013
I warn all that are in the habit of condemning men of God to refrain from such act If you want to live long. It can open the door for sickness and untimely death. Remember what happened to Miriam when she spoke against Moses - She became leprous immediately. The Bible says, "...Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm." (Psalms 105:15). Speaking negative words even about your neighbour can even kill talk more of men of God that are anointed. "Whoso privily slandereth his neighbour, him will I cut off: him that hath an high look and a proud heart will not I suffer." (Psalms 101:5). The Bible in Basic English renders this verse thus;

"I will put to death anyone who says evil of his neighbour secretly; the man with a high look and a heart of pride is disgusting to me. (Psalms 101:5)

Also remember how the ground opened up and swallowed those who spoke against Moses. That was the first recorded earthquake in the universe.

"And Moses said, Now you will see that the Lord has sent me to do all these works, and I have not done them of myself. If these men have the common death of men, or if the natural fate of all men overtakes them, then the Lord has not sent me. But if the Lord does something new, opening the earth to take them in, with everything which is theirs, and they go down living into the underworld, then it will be clear to you that the Lord has not been honoured by these men. And while these words were on his lips, the earth under them was parted in two; And the earth, opening her mouth, took them in, with their families, and all the men who were joined to Korah, and their goods." (Numbers 16:28-32)

Besides, it can even crumble your business. The Bible says, "Evil shall slay the wicked: and they that hate the righteous shall be desolate." (Psalms 34:21). God told Abraham that he will bless those that bless him and curse those that curse him. All who believes in Christ are the seed of Abraham - Gal 3:29. So, if you speak negative words about men of God, you will incur a curse. If you don't want your life in destruction, please find something else to discuss about.

I have been 27 years in the faith, Kenneth Hagin's teachings has affected my life positively more than the teachings of every other ministers put together. This is a man that even our Lord Jesus has visited a few occasion in open vision. On one of such occasion, Jesus taught him a few things he did not immediately understand, he asked Jesus to prove what he was saying from the scripture and Jesus did. He did not swallow what Jesus taught him because he was Jesus. He relied on the written word as a final authority. So, please, save yourself and don't die young.

They were simply drunk in the spirit in that video. I do not expect you to agree to my submission because only those who are truly born again and filled with the Holy Ghost understand spiritual things. It will even be surprising to me if the video scene makes sense to those that are not born again. You can never understand spiritual things.

"But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned." (1 Corinthians 2:14)
Re: Kenneth Hagin & Kenneth Copeland - Pentecostal Confusion by Nobody: 10:25am On Aug 01, 2013
[quote author=Ken4Christ]I warn all that are in the habit of condemning men of God to refrain from such act If you want to live long. It can open the door for sickness and untimely death. Remember what happened to Miriam when she spoke against Moses - She became leprous immediately. The Bible says, "...Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm." (Psalms 105:15). Speaking negative words even about your neighbour can even kill talk more of men of God that are anointed. "Whoso privily slandereth his neighbour, him will I cut off: him that hath an high look and a proud heart will not I suffer." (Psalms 101:5). The Bible in Basic English renders this verse thus;

The usual useless threats from a dangerous movement trying to destroy the cause of Christ.

Jesus does not work in the realm of threats chap.

It is our duty to point out false prophets and their false teachers.

You are also a false teacher if you attribute the weird experiences to GOD.
Re: Kenneth Hagin & Kenneth Copeland - Pentecostal Confusion by Nobody: 10:28am On Aug 01, 2013
Word of Faith

Being a part of Word of Faith churches has not been a positive experience for me. The church that I had such a difficult time leaving — the one that I’ve written so much about in these pages — was a Word of Faith church.

Word of Faith isn’t a denomination; it describes anyone who believes certain things: prosperity, divine health & healing, and authority are common themes in WoF preaching. Just as in any other group or denomination, there’s a wide spectrum: some are more extreme than others, and those who take it to extremes can put themselves and others in danger.

Kenneth Hagin Sr. was considered the father of the modern WoF movement. He didn’t necessarily originate the doctrines that became the core of the WoF movement, many of those same ideas were already being taught others who never acheived the same level of prominence. But Hagin put the whole WoF package together in a way that no one else had before and promoted it very effectively. He had a compelling story of his own healing as a teenager, a healing he attributed to WoF doctrine.

These days, you’ll hear echoes of those teachings from countless ministers, even those who are part of mainstream denominations. Word of Faith influence is everywhere. You’ll hear it from the most popular preachers on TV. It’s a “feel-good” message that puts on a lot of emphasis on getting things for yourself: YOUR healing, YOUR victory, YOUR prosperity. It fits very well into American “me first” culture. It’s really all about controlling your life and your destiny, and who doesn’t want that?

WoF is sometimes called “name it and claim it” since that is the teaching that made them “famous.” Essentially, since God created the world and everything in it with His words, and since we are created in God’s image, we have the power to create with our words.

In other words… if you are sick, you never say that you are sick because saying that you are sick will make you worse. You always say that you are healed. The idea is that God’s people should ALWAYS be healthy, wealthy, and wise. If we don’t look and act and speak like we’re healthy, wealthy, and wise… then why would the world want to be like us?

To contrast WoF with UPC teaching, here’s an example:

In my UPC church, folks could talk about how sick they were. In fact, it wasn’t unusual to hear folks talking about how awful they felt or hear them go on about how tough things were for them. Then at the end, they’d wrap it up with “But praise God, I know I have the victory!” as a kinda verbal “get out of jail free” card. It was OK to talk the negative as long as you ended up on a positive. In WoF churches, that’s not an option. ANY negative speech automatically overpowers anything positive that you might say.

In the UPC, anything bad that happened to you could be blamed on the devil or “spiritual attack” or even persecution. In a WoF church, nothing bad could happen to you unless you gave the devil a foothold through your words. So if you were sick, it was your fault. If your family member died an untimely death, it was your fault. Your faith just wasn’t strong enough. You could have prevented it if only you were more spiritual.

In the more extreme forms of WoF teaching, these folks do not go to doctors or hospitals (or delay treatment until it is too late). They believe that God will heal them if they can just get their faith in line. They often live beyond their means because conspicuous consumption is a sign of God’s blessing, which is a sign that you must be a solid believer.

The authority teaching can also be dangerous. These folks are fond of saying “Touch not God’s anointed!” The pastor is the final authority in a church. No one under him has the right to challenge his decisions. If you are a member of the church, you are under his authority, even in matters that are not church related. Choice of spouse, friends, work, when and where to take a vacation… you are expected to consult the pastor on all these things.

Your salvation is constantly in jeopardy as well. If you didn’t feel saved, you probably lost your salvation somewhere. Since you are saved by your words, you can become unsaved by your words at any time. If you question the teachings of the movement… or worse, question your pastor… you’re probably no longer saved (if you even were in the first place). Leaving the “covering” of your church exposed you to any number of hazards, including the loss of your salvation.

That’s what I dealt with when I left my Word of Faith church.

http://recoveringpentecostal.com/word-of-faith/

1 Like

Re: Kenneth Hagin & Kenneth Copeland - Pentecostal Confusion by Nobody: 10:33am On Aug 01, 2013
A typical Hagin revival - DISGUSTING !!!!!!!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kj4Es7RRpqg
Re: Kenneth Hagin & Kenneth Copeland - Pentecostal Confusion by DrummaBoy(m): 11:27am On Aug 01, 2013
nlMediator:

Bidam:[/b]Good.@drummaboy are you up for this challenge?

Ok, I take up the challenge. I took up the time to write this; pls read:

[b]MY POSITION ON KENNETH HAGIN AND THE WORD OF FAITH MOVEMENT

The nairaland.com religious forum is supposed to be a public religious discussion internet site and it makes some sense that if we shall be discussing Christian doctrine we find a common ground to discuss from. For us Christians this is not difficult to do as we have the bible that most churches take as final authority on issues concerning our faith. That is why if the OP brought a video discussing the excesses of the Word of Faith movement I would expect that we use this bible to speak both for or against it. If however we find some folks come here and begin to make insinuations that are almost equating Hagin’s books with the bible, we must resist it adamantly. The Spirit of God is dynamic and can use the basest thing possible, which names the Lord Jesus, to bring men to faith in Christ and grant salvation ultimately. This does not mean that such means are scriptural and a time comes when He, the Spirit of Truth, comes to restore order to such a means. Such is the case with the Word of Faith movement – God used it for a time to bring about His purpose but the WOF is not necessarily scriptural.

I have not been able to finish one book written by Kenneth Hagin despite the fact that I have come across many. The reason is simple: even before I got to know the errors in the WOF I have always found his books boring. The intellectual basis is very shallow; the books seem more packaged for sales than for edification with the glossy paper backs and so on; the text are replete with scripture quotation so that close to half of what is written in the book is a direct quotation from the bible – I often wonder why not just publish the bible and sell; the books contain little discussion on the subject of matter but so many stories bordering on the author’s experience; and finally, and the most tragic, the fact that Hagin uses his visions to grant authority to his writing – such that no one can question his theology and such that his adherents equate his writing with the bible (the very thing I am attacking on this nairaland thread). Hagin is not the only one guilty of this; virtually all authors from the WOF movement do the same.

Unfortunately these are the literatures that make their way into the Nigerian Christian community and so we have the mess we have today. In the USA, were they operate, their fraudulent activities are well known – but they take advantage of our ignorance and gullibility in Nigeria to make money.

Very few people know that Kenneth Hagin plagiarized a lot of the writing of E W Kenyon. A simple google search on this matter will reveal how Kenyon’s daughter had instituted court cases against Hagin on this matter. But even Kenyon’s ideas are not originally his. Kenyon was influenced by the teaching and ministry of Mary Eddy Baker, the founder of Christian Science. One of the major theologies of Christian Science is healing. This sort of healing comes by exerting the will in a metaphysical manner where the spiritual is used to bring about physical changes – New Age. Traditional protestant churches consider Christian Science as a cult and the exertion of the will to obtain healing (which Hagin calls faith) has been proven to be of the occult. Many New Age teachings talk about how one can use the mind to obtain wealth and health; Kenneth Hagin simply adapted this teachings and added some scriptures out of context to them to have the Word of Faith movement. The Mark 11:24 scripture that some of his adherents thought he wrote is a case in point. On this basis and so many others, Hagin have been proven to be a false prophet.

The WOF movement’s chief error is the prosperity gospel. This gospel is called the health and wealth gospel. The means of achieving this prosperity is via the name it and claim it principles. Many adherents refuse to accept the fact that the prosperity teaching is a gospel because it would bring out the truth to them that what they believe in is another gospel. The easiest litmus test of this gospel is to compare it with the gospel in the New Testament. I have argued in other places on this forum that the gospel God would have the church propagate is the gospel of grace. This gospel was preached primarily by Paul the Apostle, while Jesus and the other apostles testified to it. Jesus did not preach the gospel of grace exclusively (and that is why I think we should all give Shdemidemi the opportunity to explain to us the gospel of the Kingdom which he claims Jesus preached) because he was born under the law and was subject to the law. He however lent credence to this gospel of grace in many instances when he made it clear that man was not made for the law; but the law was made for man – and so the Pharisees preoccupation with the letter of the law and refusing to submit to the Spirit of it was in direct conflict with God’s will. So we must compare the WOF teaching or the prosperity gospel with the gospel of grace to know whether it really is a gospel we should believe or another gospel that Paul said the church was ever in danger of being infiltrated with.

In spite of what I have written, my Pastor here in Ibadan, Pastor Sola Kolade of the Vine Branch Church, Mokola, is a Hagin disciple. But his story is worth hearing. Pastor Sola started ministering after graduating in Kano and he said he preached mostly Faith, following Hagin of course. He told us that one day he felt God told him that the bible contains much more than faith and that he was to teach the whole counsel of God. From that day he began to teach everything the bible teaches but he still teaches faith when he is led to. My point: a definition of heresy is making something major that the bible does not. Paul said in the end we will have Faith, Hope and Love; but the greatest of them is Love. The WOF will have us believe the greatest is Faith. I still attend the church but I continually find myself in conflict with the practices and doctrine there because when Faith is believed and taught the way Hagin does, it would lead inevitably to men setting their hearts on things below instead of above as Paul calls us to in Colosians 3:1. As for why I have not left the church – well, I am trusting God for his leading on that.

I am not an authority in preaching against Hagin; I just don’t read his works or care much about his life and ministry because of all I see around me. The excesses of so many Nigerian pastors can be traced directly to this same Hagin man and it is very distressing to behold. However, there are others who have written volumes on the WOF movement that we can find their works to read; I will endeavor to find some of these literatures and post them here. But to respond to Bidam query that do I have a ministry of condemnation; i say I don’t. However, a balanced reading of the New Testament will reveal that God will have us to both propagate his gospel and to preserve it: propagate it to the unbelieving and to build the church. Also, to preserve it from heresies and errors. Any man of God who is worth his salt that does not do both is probably guilty of one of them. So I hear some say we should not criticize these men (one even said we would not last two years – nonsense). Truth is if you are sure of the gospel you are propagating you would not be afraid of being held accountable via criticism; neither will you shy away from criticizing those you think are speaking contrary to it. The Nigerian church is in danger of being corrupted by two major heretical teachings: the prosperity gospel and the holiness movement. The former through their emphasis on the physical - blessings, health and wealth; the latter through their legalism. We must contend earnestly against all this for the truth that was once delivered to the saints of God (Jude 3).

5 Likes

Re: Kenneth Hagin & Kenneth Copeland - Pentecostal Confusion by Nobody: 11:41am On Aug 01, 2013
Bidam: The question begging for answers is: What error did Hagin preached?

Sorry I don't follow teachers too seriously
Re: Kenneth Hagin & Kenneth Copeland - Pentecostal Confusion by Nobody: 11:51am On Aug 01, 2013
Ken4Christ: I have watched the video. I do not see anything strange about it. The truth is that the things of the spirit are foolishness to the carnal man. If frosbel and those who join him to speak againt these men of God live more than two years from now, I will call it a miracle. They are just progra
mming their lives for early death. I feel sorry for them. These men are among the greatest teachers of the word of God in our generation.

Thank God you are not God. Is that statement/message from the holy spirit too, you go too far by speaking death/judgment because someone teaches what you do not believe/accept despite being scriptural.

Paul ought to have died for opposing peter. The confirmed rock on which the Gospel is built. This too is a sign of the Anti Christ, trying to control people with fear. Sorry Nobody's life is in your hand.

1 Like

Re: Kenneth Hagin & Kenneth Copeland - Pentecostal Confusion by Nobody: 11:57am On Aug 01, 2013
pet_saint:

Thank God you are not God. Is that statement/message from the holy spirit too, you go too far by speaking death/judgment because someone teaches what you do not believe/accept despite being scriptural.

Paul ought to have died for opposing peter. The confirmed rock on which the Gospel is built. This too is a sign of the Anti Christ, trying to control people with fear. Sorry Nobody's life is in your hand.

Don't mind the presumptuous pompous MAN.
Re: Kenneth Hagin & Kenneth Copeland - Pentecostal Confusion by Nobody: 12:03pm On Aug 01, 2013
pet_saint:

Sorry I don't follow teachers too seriously
Good,i have read drummaboy lengthy post and i still don't get it.Is it hagin that is responsible for the whole denomination thing in the church today? Are we to blame hagins teachings for the excesses according to him? We even asked him to quote from hagin book and show us the error so we could discuss this as bible students.He failed to do so and went as far as telling us far fetched stories about his personal experiences which we are not remotely interested in.If he can't take up this gentleman challenge then we are bold to call him a liar here.
Re: Kenneth Hagin & Kenneth Copeland - Pentecostal Confusion by Nobody: 12:09pm On Aug 01, 2013
DrummaBoy:
The WOF movement’s chief error is the prosperity gospel. This gospel is called the health and wealth gospel. The means of achieving this prosperity is via the name it and claim it principles. Many adherents refuse to accept the fact that the prosperity teaching is a gospel because it would bring out the truth to them that what they believe in is another gospel. The easiest litmus test of this gospel is to compare it with the gospel in the New Testament. I have argued in other places on this forum that the gospel God would have the church propagate is the gospel of grace. This gospel was preached primarily by Paul the Apostle, while Jesus and the other apostles testified to it. Jesus did not preach the gospel of grace exclusively (and that is why I think we should all give Shdemidemi the opportunity to explain to us the gospel of the Kingdom which he claims Jesus preached) because he was born under the law and was subject to the law. He however lent credence to this gospel of grace in many instances when he made it clear that man was not made for the law; but the law was made for man – and so the Pharisees preoccupation with the letter of the law and refusing to submit to the Spirit of it was in direct conflict with God’s will. So we must compare the WOF teaching or the prosperity gospel with the gospel of grace to know whether it really is a gospel we should believe or another gospel that Paul said the church was ever in danger of being infiltrated with.

many orthodox christian call Pentecostals PENTERASCALS for these crass prosperity teachings. I once heard a pastor say on the pulpit "... I have vowed that before I die, my children will be called OMO BABA OLOWO", and am like what in heavens name does money have to do with the kingdom of God, and the will of God for his children. people, that is his WoF faith in action. .....the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father 1Jo 2:16

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

"Buhari's Problem Is Spiritual" - Prophet Wisdom Nnamdi Ezeigwe / ₦100m Was Paid For My Release - Samuel Uche (Methodist Cleric) / Paris New Morning Water Crusade With Prophet TB Joshua

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.