Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,039 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:20 AM

Ladipo Traders On Rampage - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ladipo Traders On Rampage (10807 Views)

Tears As Ladipo Traders Fault Midnight Demolition / Crisis: Lagos Threatens To Shut Ladipo Market. / Ladipo Traders Claim To Lose N100B Daily (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ladipo Traders On Rampage by simpleseyi: 2:14pm On Jul 27, 2013
The crisis rocking the leadership of Ladipo Auto Spare Parts Market, Mushin, took a new dimension on Thursday as the executive members of Ladipo Central Executive Auto Dealers Association and some of its members took to the streets protesting the imposition of Alhaji Oladotun Abibu Oki as the Babaloja of the market.

LACEC and its numerous supports had on Thursday launched an attack on the Alhaji Oki led administration over what they described as an attempt to impose his authority on them. Alhaji Oki had organised some of his loyalists to clean the environment during the weekly environmental sanitation but were attacked by the aggrieved members of the LACEC who claimed that he was encroaching on their territory.

Addressing the protesters, President General, LACEC, Comrade Ikechukwu Animalu said that the union rejected the imposition of Alhaji Oladotun Abibu Oki as the new Babaloja of Ladipo general market. “ Out of the 34 existing units in the market, Alhaji Oki controls only a unit. There is still an on going battle over his appointment as the new Babaloja. It was his attempt to impose his authority on us that led to the crisis that erupted on Thursday. We demand a formal election, so that the people will decide who their leader will be.

“We also appeal to the police to be fair in this controversial matter and call to order those who openly ordered us to either accept the imposition or return to our various states.”

On what led to the fight on Thursday, LACEC Secretary General, Pastor Steve Paul Ijioma said: “There has been controversy over the imposition of Alhaji Oki as the Babaloja. This led to several clashes and it was agreed that Alhaji Oki should restrict his authority in his unit pending when the matter is sorted out. During the environmental sanitation, he encroached on our territory and we resisted. The protest is to pass the message across that we do not want his leadership rather a free and fair election should be conducted. It is a pity that an Area Commander could openly ask us to accept Babaloja or return to our various states.”

Also at the protest was the royal father of the market, Chief Michael Nwosu who also said: “ 99 percent of marketers in Ladipo are Igbo. To be fair to all, he should come and contest if elected he will be accepted.

“We appeal to the South East governors, Igbo leaders across the globe to come to our aid. They asked us to go back to our villages, if we are not ready to accept the leadership of Alhaji Oki. We pay our taxes in Lagos and have every right as Nigerians to buy and sell anywhere in the state.”

When Saturday Sun visited Alhaji Oki’s section of the market, it was littered with broken bottles and the two cars allegedly destroyed during the fracas. He said that he was ready to dialogue with aggrieved members of LACEC to find a way forward. “I was nominated two years ago to be installed the Babaloja of the market. LACEC through several petitions frustrated that move and the process was delayed. However two months ago, the late Abibat Mogaji finally installed me. To pass their message across they did not attend my installation, which was held in June 27, 2013.

SOURCE: http://sunnewsonline.com/new/cover/ladipo-traders-on-rampage/
Re: Ladipo Traders On Rampage by Nobody: 2:30pm On Jul 27, 2013
First Of All
Re: Ladipo Traders On Rampage by simpleseyi: 2:45pm On Jul 27, 2013
oluface: First Of All

Go down low! Go down low again!! Now take this wine and let me celebrate with you for achieve this great feat; don't mind the fact that you mates are registering their names in Guinness/Guilder/Star book of Records.

1 Like

Re: Ladipo Traders On Rampage by kettykin: 3:02pm On Jul 27, 2013
if by Omission or commission igbos are ejected from Lagos , Yorubas would be pushed out of The eastern part of Niger Delta port Harcourt ,Bonny ,Eket and every Oil company drilling its oil from Niger Delta must relocate its headquaters to Niger Delta

6 Likes

Re: Ladipo Traders On Rampage by simpleseyi: 3:17pm On Jul 27, 2013
kettykin: if by Omission or commission igbos are ejected from Lagos , Yorubas would be pushed out of The eastern part of Niger Delta port Harcourt ,Bonny ,Eket and every Oil company drilling its oil from Niger Delta must relocate its headquaters to Niger Delta

My brother, I support you on this assertion. Lets everybody develop his region. The fraud called Nigeria will end sooner or later. Ibos should learn from the losses they incur during and after the civil (hausa vs ibo) war. Stay in your region and develop it; don't be deceived by the politrickians lies of ONE NIGERIA!
Re: Ladipo Traders On Rampage by Ngwakwe: 3:35pm On Jul 27, 2013
How can a generation be raised and taught to reap from another man's vision, sweat and hard-work?

However two months
ago, the late Abibat Mogaji finally
installed me. To pass their message
across they did not attend my
installation, which was held in June
27, 2013.

1 Like

Re: Ladipo Traders On Rampage by DuduNegro: 3:42pm On Jul 27, 2013
kettykin: if by Omission or commission igbos are ejected from Lagos , Yorubas would be pushed out of The eastern part of Niger Delta port Harcourt ,Bonny ,Eket and every Oil company drilling its oil from Niger Delta must relocate its headquaters to Niger Delta

I agree woth you completely! Your people should be sent home and please send our people in your villages back to us.

In fact, im going to "like" your post. grin

1 Like

Re: Ladipo Traders On Rampage by ak47mann(m): 3:45pm On Jul 27, 2013
They should take there business to alaigbo and join their brothers over there the world has changed you move,your customers will find you because of easier way of communication this days...

MMIRI NA ERU soon it will fall all hail biafra
Re: Ladipo Traders On Rampage by DuduNegro: 3:46pm On Jul 27, 2013
Babaloja is a customary title. The customs of the land allows it. It doesnt matter how many Igbos are there, on Yorubaland, the customs are paramount.

3 Likes

Re: Ladipo Traders On Rampage by Willy4Willy: 3:48pm On Jul 27, 2013
Dudu_Negro: Babaloja is a customary title. The customs of the land allows it. It doesnt matter how many Igbos are there, on Yorubaland, the customs are paramount.
OOOOLLLLLLEEEEEEE

3 Likes

Re: Ladipo Traders On Rampage by Nobody: 3:58pm On Jul 27, 2013
I went to Ladipo Market out of curiosity and to buy a part!! What I saw shocked me. The place is an environmental disaster. The place is dirty, dis organised, aggressive, gritty and tribal. I felt a bit shocked as it was clear it was one rule and price for me and one for my Ndigbo friend that went with me. I observed people using Omo Igbo, Omo Yoruba disingenuously. Looking at the shops I wondered who controls the Market? Why is it in such a terrible state? Walking around on filthy Engine oil soaked slippery ground, I pitied the Nigerian Auto Market industry because all I saw was a dumping ground for the worst parts from around the world. A sad commentary on our standards organisations and on the Lagos State Government who know fully well that the place should be closed down. My recommendation is to build an auto parts park specifically for this business or close and rebuild Ladipo Market I bet if it was majority Yoruba it would have been shut. In deference to the cry's of the inhabitants it remains open, an eyesore and an environmental disgrace. No one envisaged the rapid growth of the place so no organisation and no thought for liquid waste disposal, I hate to test the ground water in that area. Other tribes have been systematically pushed out of the business, not because of the inhabitants prowess but a combination of unfair competition, Mafioso tactics, language and tribal discrimination. There is a thin line between tolerance and stupidity! Thin line between Victim and Aggressor! One Nigeria!! but not in Ladipo Ndigo Auto Parts Market. What is called imposition 'Baba Oloja' is a cultural adage. A last shred of dignity for the indigenes and other Nigerian tribes before all are pushed out. Would it be so bad to cooperate with him Is this noise and unwarranted aggressive takeover necessary?

And to all my SE brothers in here: BABALOJA is a an Indiginous Title that does not required any Election and can not be entrust with Non Indigen. The power to appoint BABALOJA in YORUBA Land lies on the OBA (King) or BALE (Community Leader) of the town or Village. This has been the tradition of Lagos, and even when the colonial masters came to Lagos, they respect all these norms, and why must it change? For what? How many laws and customs of the South East has been abrogated for the Yorubas?

18 Likes

Re: Ladipo Traders On Rampage by IGBOSON1: 3:59pm On Jul 27, 2013
Na wah for these over-dramatic headlines!
Re: Ladipo Traders On Rampage by Nobody: 4:02pm On Jul 27, 2013

You will push Yoruba out of non ibo territory because ibos are ejected from Lagos?
Just pray Niger deltans will not chase you out of their territory as well.
Re: Ladipo Traders On Rampage by Akanbiedu(m): 4:02pm On Jul 27, 2013
Dudu_Negro: Babaloja is a customary title. The customs of the land allows it. It doesnt matter how many Igbos are there, on Yorubaland, the customs are paramount.

100% supported. Babaloja position is not decided and will never be decided by elections.

2 Likes

Re: Ladipo Traders On Rampage by nduchucks: 4:04pm On Jul 27, 2013
I urge posters to find out what obtained in markets across Lagos and understand the traditional process of choosing the Babaloja of any market.

The process has never been democratic and the royal fathers who controlled the areas where the markets are located have the sole responsibilities of nominating the Babaloja. I urge the Igbos in Ladipo to honor and respect the tradition of Lagosians instead of making unnecessary waves and trying to change the tradition in Ladipo.

Our people talk say "O bialu be onye abiagbuna ya, mgbe o ga-ala mkpumkpu apukwana ya n'azu." na him be say, "May one's visitor not constitute a problem, so that on his departure he will not leave with a hunchback".

Nuff said

3 Likes

Re: Ladipo Traders On Rampage by Willy4Willy: 4:05pm On Jul 27, 2013
Aigbofa:

You will push Yoruba out of non ibo territory because ibos are ejected from Lagos?
Just pray Niger deltans will not chase you out of their territory as well.
From Cross River to Akwa ibom to River state, personally i will make sure no Yoruba remain. bet me.

1 Like

Re: Ladipo Traders On Rampage by Nobody: 4:07pm On Jul 27, 2013
Willy4Willy:
From Cross River to Akwa ibom to River state, personally i will make sure no Yoruba remain. bet me.

Daydreamer.
Re: Ladipo Traders On Rampage by Willy4Willy: 4:11pm On Jul 27, 2013
Aigbofa:
Daydreamer.
i swear by my God and heaven i will help igbos to do that for free, let wait and watch how thing unfold

1 Like

Re: Ladipo Traders On Rampage by 9icest: 4:13pm On Jul 27, 2013
aasog1: I went to Ladipo Market out of curiosity and to buy a part!! What I saw shocked me. The place is an environmental disaster. The place is dirty, dis organised, aggressive, gritty and tribal. I felt a bit shocked as it was clear it was one rule and price for me and one for my Ndigbo friend that went with me. I observed people using Omo Igbo, Omo Yoruba disingenuously. Looking at the shops I wondered who controls the Market? Why is it in such a terrible state? Walking around on filthy Engine oil soaked slippery ground, I pitied the Nigerian Auto Market industry because all I saw was a dumping ground for the worst parts from around the world. A sad commentary on our standards organisations and on the Lagos State Government who know fully well that the place should be closed down. My recommendation is to build an auto parts park specifically for this business or close and rebuild Ladipo Market I bet if it was majority Yoruba it would have been shut. In deference to the cry's of the inhabitants it remains open, an eyesore and an environmental disgrace. No one envisaged the rapid growth of the place so no organisation and no thought for liquid waste disposal, I hate to test the ground water in that area. Other tribes have been systematically pushed out of the business, not because of the inhabitants prowess but a combination of unfair competition, Mafioso tactics, language and tribal discrimination. There is a thin line between tolerance and stupidity! Thin line between Victim and Aggressor! One Nigeria!! but not in Ladipo Ndigo Auto Parts Market. What is called imposition 'Baba Oloja' is a cultural adage. A last shred of dignity for the indigenes and other Nigerian tribes before all are pushed out. Would it be so bad to cooperate with him Is this noise and unwarranted aggressive takeover necessary?

And to all my SE brothers in here: BABALOJA is a an Indiginous Title that does not required any Election and can not be entrust with Non Indigen. The power to appoint BABALOJA in YORUBA Land lies on the OBA (King) or BALE (Community Leader) of the town or Village. This has been the tradition of Lagos, and even when the colonial masters came to Lagos, they respect all these norms, and why must it change? For what? How many laws and customs of the South East has been abrogated for the Yorubas?

Oh please, the people here dont want fact. The Ibos are a perfect race. Others can do wrong, but not just them.

3 Likes

Re: Ladipo Traders On Rampage by Nobody: 4:13pm On Jul 27, 2013
Willy4Willy:
i swear by my God and heaven i will help igbos to that for free, let wait and watch how thing go

The Niger deltans are probably waiting for Lagosians to drive you out before they chase you out as well.

1 Like

Re: Ladipo Traders On Rampage by 9icest: 4:15pm On Jul 27, 2013
ndu_chucks: I urge posters to find out what obtained in markets across Lagos and understand the traditional process of choosing the Babaloja of any market.

The process has never been democratic and the royal fathers who controlled the areas where the markets are located have the sole responsibilities of nominating the Babaloja. I urge the Igbos in Ladipo to honor and respect the tradition of Lagosians instead of making unnecessary waves and trying to change the tradition in Ladipo.

Our people talk say "O bialu be onye abiagbuna ya, mgbe o ga-ala mkpumkpu apukwana ya n'azu." na him be say, "May one's visitor not constitute a problem, so that on his departure he will not leave with a hunchback".

Nuff said

wow! you are one of a kind. i swear cheesy ndu chuks...i owe you a kolanut....thats what we give our friends according to our custom grin
Re: Ladipo Traders On Rampage by DuduNegro: 4:15pm On Jul 27, 2013
Willy4Willy:
OOOOLLLLLLEEEEEEE

grin grin

Willy, i will flog you with Chidi Lloyd's mace.....let me catch you. yeye person.

1 Like

Re: Ladipo Traders On Rampage by Willy4Willy: 4:15pm On Jul 27, 2013
Aigbofa:

The Niger deltans are probably waiting for Lagosians to drive out before they chase you out as well.
wat do you mean by Niger Delta
Re: Ladipo Traders On Rampage by Nobody: 4:17pm On Jul 27, 2013
Willy4Willy:
wat do you mean by Niger Delta

Niger delta is self explanatory. Do you need a lesson in basic geography?
Re: Ladipo Traders On Rampage by Willy4Willy: 4:18pm On Jul 27, 2013
Dudu_Negro:

grin grin
Willy, i will flog you with Chidi Lloyd's mace.....let me catch you. yeye person.
You want to follow Chidi to prison, he is now cooling in solitary confinement
Re: Ladipo Traders On Rampage by Willy4Willy: 4:19pm On Jul 27, 2013
Aigbofa:
Niger delta is self explanatory. Do you need a lesson in basic geography?
yes
Re: Ladipo Traders On Rampage by Nobody: 4:21pm On Jul 27, 2013
Willy4Willy:
yes

You will have to pay for that. It is not my responsibility to educate you.
Re: Ladipo Traders On Rampage by Nobody: 4:25pm On Jul 27, 2013
Willy4Willy:
OOOOOllllEEEEE. What you Yorubas know is only Egunje, it is in your DNA,

One minute you deride free education, the next minute you are begging me for it!
You can never make up your mind, just like you are not sure whether you are a biafran or a Nigerian.
Re: Ladipo Traders On Rampage by GangstaGrillz: 4:29pm On Jul 27, 2013
Yoruba's in Nigeria are too soft - you lot are softer than foam. grin

Yoruba diaspora is the new Yoruba: we don't take shiit from no one and we have little patience for bs. undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Atiku: "I Am Not Desperate To Be Nigeria's President" / 593 Delegates Endorsed Olawepo Hashim As ANN Presidential Candidate / S-east APC Demands Reps Speakership

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.