Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,894 members, 7,802,877 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:51 AM

Nigerians In Kenya Protest Police Harassment And Intimidation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians In Kenya Protest Police Harassment And Intimidation (11147 Views)

Kogi Gov Poll: PDP Raises Alarm Over Alleged Police Harassment Of Members / Yoruba Youths Protest Incessant Fulani Invasion And Intimidation / Nigerian Electoral Politics: The Politics Of Violence And Intimidation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians In Kenya Protest Police Harassment And Intimidation by arthur2k5: 3:16pm On Jul 27, 2013
[img]http://1.bp..com/-uI6EL4dVz9c/UfOvw_twxWI/AAAAAAAB4Q4/3rUE0DxgMHE/s320/IMG_00000222.jpg[/img][img]http://4.bp..com/-XXmfNle1Em0/UfOv24uj1EI/AAAAAAAB4RI/SPEFyBgCae4/s320/IMG_00000220.jpg[/img][img]http://2.bp..com/-qCfCmdbn4k0/UfOv1sqAmBI/AAAAAAAB4RA/Vc_Gy8BTb-o/s320/IMG_00000225.jpg[/img]

Below is a letter written by Nigerians living in Kenya highlighting the harassment they face in the hands of police.

The harassment has taken a xenophobic dimension, Just 2 days ago a Nigerian with Valid passport and entry Visa to Kenya was stopped by plain clothes policemen, when they requested for his passport, he promptly presented it to them. The passport was immediately seized and he was asked to to leave Kenya, as Nigerians only come to Kenya to take their woman, he resisted and insisted that he committed no offense, he was immediately attacked and beaten to a pulp and he was bleeding profusely.

[img]http://4.bp..com/-CYON6-6rsn0/UfOv8eAr0jI/AAAAAAAB4RQ/JL2LdJGJgwc/s400/IMG_00000226.jpg[/img][img]http://2.bp..com/-Y78gvQV9yPE/UfOxvQt8AjI/AAAAAAAB4Rg/pi2XU_KuKGo/s400/IMG_00000223.jpg[/img]

The took him to the station and the OCS was so alarmed that he almost got physical with the policemen and insisted the paid for the guys treatment. He has taken pictures and also copies of his statement and dropped at the embassy.

3 days ago, 27 Nigerians were refused entry without Valid reasons yet we have a protocol of giving Visa's on entry by both countries Embassy officials who visited the Nigerians in jails broke down in
tears when the found out that they were not only innocent but that they were tortured and brutalized .

The Nigerian community has also met with leading politicians in Kenya who insist that our Ambassador has not only failed to do his Job, and that if we remain silent about this harassment that it will only get worse.

This case is only one of the many cases that is going on in Kenya.

We as an organization cannot afford to publish this letter on the pages of the Newspapers in Nigeria, but we are appealing and counting on your good graces to help us make our plight known.

National Association of Nigerians in Kenya

Source: Naijagaga

FB: www.facebook.com/naijagaga

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Kenya Protest Police Harassment And Intimidation by Nobody: 3:29pm On Jul 27, 2013
so because they're taking their women thats the excuse are you ##king kidding me!

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Kenya Protest Police Harassment And Intimidation by Nobody: 4:02pm On Jul 27, 2013
Hmmmmm.....

Fighting for justice!
Re: Nigerians In Kenya Protest Police Harassment And Intimidation by Pretyangel25(f): 4:02pm On Jul 27, 2013
2nd to comment. Wow Dancing etighi dance

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Kenya Protest Police Harassment And Intimidation by Nobody: 4:02pm On Jul 27, 2013
Taking their woman? Hahahahahaha omoh see reason ooooo. Dis kenyans are 100yrs backwards oo

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Kenya Protest Police Harassment And Intimidation by realone2012: 4:02pm On Jul 27, 2013
Hmmm....*smh for Nigeria*
Where are we going to run to for 2015 now? Haiti?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Kenya Protest Police Harassment And Intimidation by Goldenheart(m): 4:03pm On Jul 27, 2013
okay
Re: Nigerians In Kenya Protest Police Harassment And Intimidation by Pretyangel25(f): 4:04pm On Jul 27, 2013
Chillisauce: Hmmmmm.....

Fighting for justice!
why did u first me na. Lol
Re: Nigerians In Kenya Protest Police Harassment And Intimidation by MacLovington(m): 4:05pm On Jul 27, 2013
I think men worldwide are jealous of Nigerian men's success with their women. Our fellow Africans admit privately that Naija guys marry foreign women a lot, with a hint of envy.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Kenya Protest Police Harassment And Intimidation by Godson201333(m): 4:05pm On Jul 27, 2013
Kenya ,whats happening there?
Re: Nigerians In Kenya Protest Police Harassment And Intimidation by overkillR(f): 4:05pm On Jul 27, 2013
Kenya?? Of all the countries in the world? Why would any sane Nigerian migrate there?

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Kenya Protest Police Harassment And Intimidation by nerodenero: 4:05pm On Jul 27, 2013
Make una come home.No place like home.Stay for Nigeria,make we join hands make am better.Again,thats part of the reason I am totally against FG sending our gallant soldiers to battle in some of these African countries.They dont care about us but when they need help,they come knocking.My people,home na home anytime.FG,una suppose don learn lessons.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Kenya Protest Police Harassment And Intimidation by Godson201333(m): 4:05pm On Jul 27, 2013
Pretyangel25: 2nd to comment. Wow Dancing etighi dance

Nah but you can manage 3rd position..
Re: Nigerians In Kenya Protest Police Harassment And Intimidation by Nobody: 4:06pm On Jul 27, 2013
Pretyangel25: why did u first me na. Lol

You dis calabar girl, all you know na to dance etige in every thread! What is your contribution ro dis thread?
Re: Nigerians In Kenya Protest Police Harassment And Intimidation by tareigns(m): 4:06pm On Jul 27, 2013
Nigerians sef like to de fall their hand, KENYA...KENYA 4 dat mata na dem de use us de shine. angryNigerians sef like to de fall their hand, KENYA...KENYA 4 dat mata na dem de use us de shine.
Re: Nigerians In Kenya Protest Police Harassment And Intimidation by webhost234(f): 4:07pm On Jul 27, 2013
hmmm embarassed
Re: Nigerians In Kenya Protest Police Harassment And Intimidation by tspun(m): 4:07pm On Jul 27, 2013
i'm tired of hearin all these bullshit.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Kenya Protest Police Harassment And Intimidation by Nobody: 4:08pm On Jul 27, 2013
Naija no dey carry last.
Re: Nigerians In Kenya Protest Police Harassment And Intimidation by Rastamann: 4:08pm On Jul 27, 2013
make dem come home now!
Re: Nigerians In Kenya Protest Police Harassment And Intimidation by Chanchit: 4:09pm On Jul 27, 2013
SimonAndal:
Y U Do Dis, Nigerians-In-Kenya? Y U Go To Kenya?
Y U No Get Home?
Y U No Get Shame?
Y U Do Dis, SEXY SEUN PANT, Y U No Want To Make Me SuperMod?
Y U Do Dis, Sweet Slimyem? Y U No Return My Affections?
Y U Do Dis, World? Y So Cruel?
Y U Do Dis, Spooderman, Y So Serious?

Are you sure you are not on cheap drugs..? Pls stay off drugs, it would only make you get worse.
Kenyans are looking for Nigeians like you to turture.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Kenya Protest Police Harassment And Intimidation by Asemo11(m): 4:10pm On Jul 27, 2013
Cheakout oh even kenya
Re: Nigerians In Kenya Protest Police Harassment And Intimidation by Nobody: 4:10pm On Jul 27, 2013
Jealous small preek one minute tusker drinkers
Re: Nigerians In Kenya Protest Police Harassment And Intimidation by zolajpower: 4:10pm On Jul 27, 2013
SimonAndal:
Y U Do Dis, Nigerians-In-Kenya? Y U Go To Kenya?
Y U No Get Home?
Y U No Get Shame?
Y U Do Dis, SEXY SEUN PANT, Y U No Want To Make Me SuperMod?
Y U Do Dis, Sweet Slimyem? Y U No Return My Affections?
Y U Do Dis, World? Y So Cruel?
Y U Do Dis, Spooderman, Y So Serious?
I DONT WHY SEUN STILL KEEP ALLOW THIS MENTALLY DEMENTED PEOPLE TO STILL COME ON THIS FORUM TO CONTRIBUTE. MAY BE ARROW IN OGUN STATE HAS UNLEASHED CRAZY PEOPLE INTO LAGOS AGAIN.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Kenya Protest Police Harassment And Intimidation by 9icest: 4:10pm On Jul 27, 2013
Biafarans in Kenya grin grin grin grin grin grin

When they shine, they call themselves Biafran. When they need help, they say Nigerians...

grin grin grin grin

19 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Kenya Protest Police Harassment And Intimidation by free2ryhme: 4:11pm On Jul 27, 2013
9icest: Biafarans in Kenya grin grin grin grin grin grin

When they shine, they call themselves Biafran. When they need help, they say Nigerians...

grin grin grin grin

what do u expect from an autonomous community

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Kenya Protest Police Harassment And Intimidation by Elusive9(f): 4:11pm On Jul 27, 2013
overkill®:
Kenya?? Of all the countries in the world? Why would any sane Nigerian migrate there?
You never see anything, wetin Nigerians dey find for Cameroun and Equitorial Guinea etc undecided

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Kenya Protest Police Harassment And Intimidation by PatAkpos: 4:12pm On Jul 27, 2013
It's becoming a negative trend for Nigerians that any country they go to, they get harrased, embarrased & even tortured for the flimsiest excuse. Is it a sin to be a Nigerian or are other countries envious of us?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Kenya Protest Police Harassment And Intimidation by CeaserB: 4:12pm On Jul 27, 2013
Gosh! shocked Can't Believe I'm Attacking Front Pages Today Like A Newly Signed Neymar (Barca Things grin)

On The Topic: If You're Tired Of Harassment From Another Country's Police, Relocate Back To Nigeria And Learn How To Manage Frustration. undecided

Meanwhile, Naija Police No Dey Harass, Dem Dey Frustrate and Disgrace Person. grin

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Kenya Protest Police Harassment And Intimidation by Babalegba(m): 4:13pm On Jul 27, 2013
Nigerians should put their own house in order, then there will be no need to run to god forsaken lands. They could start by getting rid of the sheppopotamus husband in 2015 and installing less greedy leaders.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Kenya Protest Police Harassment And Intimidation by ASANIGBO(m): 4:16pm On Jul 27, 2013
[b][/b]N
A
I
J
A

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Cattle Colony: We Will Challenge In Court If Need Be. Kogi East Stakeholders / Buhari Meets Yobe, Jigawa And Kebbi State Governors In Abuja (photos) / Okorocha Hosts Heartland Football Club To A Victory Dinner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.