Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,149 members, 7,807,493 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:12 PM

Atm Scarm Alert - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Atm Scarm Alert (1007 Views)

Why Can't I Withdraw 500 Naira From Most ATM Machines? / I Lost My GTBank ATM Card - What Next? / Interswitch ATM/Debit Card - The Answer To Online Fraud? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atm Scarm Alert by vicholas(m): 5:01pm On Jul 27, 2013
Fellow Nairalands,our Nigerian banks service are very poor these days, since CBN governor band the issue of #100 ATM charges if you want to withdraw money from other banks. Could you believed GTBANK ATM machine debit my account this afternoon of #20,000. It happens at about 12:59pm today that am in need of some cash and i walk down to GTB to withdraw from my savings account, i log on with my pin, and the amount to be withdraw and the next thing i saw on the ATM screen is INSURFIENCE ACCOUNT and i still have #25,294.08k then i decided to remove my card from the machine. To my greatest surprise i received an alert on my mobile phone from GTB debited my account with the sum of #20,000. And one security man at the bank said i should check my balance and i did, #20,000 has been deducted from account and he said it will reverse back in 24hrs and today is saturday. Please what can i do?

1 Like

Re: Atm Scarm Alert by Elfree: 5:27pm On Jul 27, 2013
Go 2 ur bank 1st tin monday mrnin nd report 2 customer kia,u'll fil a form nd ur cash u'll b bak..bt if u dnt ur moni don go b dat
Re: Atm Scarm Alert by onyeego(m): 5:30pm On Jul 27, 2013
Call customer care line, they work 24/7
Re: Atm Scarm Alert by vicholas(m): 7:43pm On Jul 27, 2013
I really appreciate your contributions. Thank you
Re: Atm Scarm Alert by Dynamiq(m): 5:06am On Jul 28, 2013
I had a similar issue with the then Bank PHB those days; in my case I lost more than 20k which they never returned till date, despite my writing several complaints. Hence, I switched to GTbank and never had such issue again. Only occasionally do I experience glitch at ATM when withrawing from my Gtbank account but to safeguard myself against big losses when doing ATM withdrawals, what I do is to avoid withdrawing the whole sum at once. For example, if I want to withdraw 20k, I start by trying 3k, then if it goes smoothly, then I try maybe 7K and then the rest. The point is, I would have stopped if there was a glitch or unnecessary delay during my first attempt, in which case at worst my loss would have been limited to just 3k. The only thing is that one has to be as fast as possible in order not to inconvenience others if there is a queue. Of course if the money you want to collect is over 20k, by the time you've succeeded with the first and second attempts you may as well start withdrawing in large amounts to complete your total withdrawal. This method has helped me a lot where I have fears that an ATM machine may act funny. The poster should complain to their customer care. Hopefully, the money will be reversed.
Re: Atm Scarm Alert by thegame(m): 11:37am On Jul 28, 2013
This is not a scam. Your "atm scam alert" raised curiosity and fears in some of us mr poster.
By the way, It happens to all banks. Last week, I used gtb atm to withdraw 30k at uba and it told me "financial institution nt available" and ad to deduct my money. I panicked but I knew that was the first thing I would try to sort on monday. Alas, before the hour ran out, my 30k deduction was reversed.

I can only give one advise: make sure your card is compatible with the atm u r using. Mastercard(gtb) atms don't work with firstbanks and uba(as I discovered last week). Well, maybe some atms serve all cards but I hv noticed gtb n firstbank surely aren't friends
Re: Atm Scarm Alert by quin9(f): 5:43pm On Jul 28, 2013
Go to any of your bank branch tomorrow and complain,you'll be asked to fill a form including your card no and the bank ATM used,location,time and the error report you got.Within 8-14 working days,you should get a refund........and plz edit that topic,it's misleading.
Re: Atm Scarm Alert by vicholas(m): 6:13pm On Jul 28, 2013
Thanks so much for all your contributions. I will go and complain at the bank first thing tomorrow morning @ Dynamiq, The game, Elfree, Quin9 and Onye ego my able God will continue to be with you all.
Re: Atm Scarm Alert by Youngzedd(m): 7:14pm On Jul 28, 2013
Nothing will happen to your Money hence it's GTBank, but reverse don't take time. At times it took some seconds without you knowing until you check your alerts or bank statement.

Contact them on Monday.
Re: Atm Scarm Alert by naijathings(m): 7:41pm On Jul 28, 2013
dont be scared. many nigerians including ME have had experience.
since it is GTB.. your money will bounce back.
but seriously, this is the main reason why i hate to use a different bank ATM
this type of wahala is easier when you use ATM of the same bank

(1) (Reply)

Meeting Sucessful Peopele / Auction! Auction! For Custom Impounded Rice And Vegetable Oil / Start-ups: Getting A Loan Might Not Be The Best

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.