Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,976 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:53 AM

Your Worst Cooking Blunder - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Your Worst Cooking Blunder (922 Views)

What's Your Worst Cooking/kitchen Chore? / What's Your Worst Cooking Chore?? / What's Your Worst Cooking Blunder? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Worst Cooking Blunder by yorex2011: 7:30pm On Jul 27, 2013
mine was the first time i cooked stew some years back. i used tinned-tomatoes....twas my first year in the university and my first try at cooking on my own..., after opening the tomato paste and frying it in oil...i didnt add water (because i tot it would be too watery)...then i added sooo much salt without even tasting it......well...it came out as stew quite all right but not you normal everyday stew....tasted like raw tinned-tomatoes mixed with sea water (had to force myself to eat it cos i didnt want to waste it grin grin grin)...share your worst cooking blunder.....

and p.s
am a far better cook now....you shud taste my egusi soup cool wink wink
Re: Your Worst Cooking Blunder by Nobody: 7:35pm On Jul 27, 2013
*following*
Re: Your Worst Cooking Blunder by Nobody: 7:45pm On Jul 27, 2013
Ah! Nadia has a lot to say on this topic!

1 Like

Re: Your Worst Cooking Blunder by Nomski0(f): 8:09pm On Jul 27, 2013
My first attempt at cooking jollof rice at 15......It was disaster on a platter, i turned the rice before it was properly dried so it burnt and then added some more water.
My mother made me eat that poison for breakfast, dinner and lunch.
Re: Your Worst Cooking Blunder by yorex2011: 8:17pm On Jul 27, 2013
Nomski0: My first attempt at cooking jollof rice at 15......It was disaster on a platter, i turned the rice before it was properly dried so it burnt and then added some more water.
My mother made me eat that poison for breakfast, dinner and lunch.
shocked shocked where was the dog?? shocked shocked
Re: Your Worst Cooking Blunder by Nomski0(f): 8:32pm On Jul 27, 2013
yorex2011:
shocked shocked where was the dog?? shocked shocked

Why punish the dog? It didnt cook the food......since it was my handwork i had to be responsible
Re: Your Worst Cooking Blunder by Nickydrake(m): 8:42pm On Jul 27, 2013
Deciding to make my own meals; that's always my worst cooking blunder.
Re: Your Worst Cooking Blunder by yorex2011: 9:20pm On Jul 27, 2013
Nickydrake: Deciding to make my own meals; that's always my worst cooking blunder.
in other words u no sabi cook undecided
Re: Your Worst Cooking Blunder by Nobody: 10:07pm On Jul 27, 2013
maxwello.yg:
Ah! Nadia has a lot to say on this topic!
grin grin lol eish I don't even know where to start cause I've got hundreds..

Burning food is my speciality but I've come to think that the problem is not with me but the stove and pot tongue lol ..

2 Likes

Re: Your Worst Cooking Blunder by Nobody: 10:16pm On Jul 27, 2013
nadia_SA:
grin grin lol eish I don't even know where to start cause I've got hundreds..

Burning food is my speciality but I've come to think that the problem is not with me but the stove and pot tongue lol ..
LMAO! Ok dear hope you have bought yourself better cooking utensils hey?
Re: Your Worst Cooking Blunder by Nobody: 10:41pm On Jul 27, 2013
maxwello.yg:

LMAO! Ok dear hope you have bought yourself better cooking utensils hey?
LoL yhaaa I kinda chnged the bad pot which use to burn my food.. So its all good now I'm cooking good food lol...
Re: Your Worst Cooking Blunder by Caracta(f): 12:09am On Jul 28, 2013
Lots of baking blunders especially in the Salt Department sad

I remember cooking moi-moi without veg oil too. I totally forgot.

I remember the day the Christmas Stew poured away...all of it. It was a mistake. The entire chicken and orisirisi, all on the kitchen floor. Guests were salivating in the living room...waiting for me to serve them. I scooped the soup from the floor and served them...with the sand and all. I didn't eat. I watched them as they ate in silence and passed funny looks. *shrugs* Twas a mistake...honestly!
Re: Your Worst Cooking Blunder by Nobody: 12:17am On Jul 28, 2013
Caracta: Lots of baking blunders especially in the Salt Department sad

I remember the day the Christmas Stew poured away...all of it. It was a mistake. The entire chicken and orisirisi, all on the kitchen floor. Guests were salivating in the living room...waiting for me to serve them. I scooped the soup from the floor and served them...with the sand and all. I didn't eat. I watched them as they ate in silence and passed funny looks. *shrugs* Twas a mistake...honestly!
lol, i can imagine the puzzled looks on their face.
Re: Your Worst Cooking Blunder by Caracta(f): 12:21am On Jul 28, 2013
idnoble135:
lol, i can imagine the puzzled looks on their face.

My mum did the cooking. She was totally embarrassed. She threatened to "ship me off" to another family grin
Re: Your Worst Cooking Blunder by Nobody: 12:25am On Jul 28, 2013
Caracta:

My mum did the cooking. She was totally embarrassed. She threatened to "ship me off" to another family grin
dont know why but this is quite hilarious. You could have probably not served them that food@all.
Re: Your Worst Cooking Blunder by GatJokez(f): 12:32am On Jul 28, 2013
I decided to make cabbage rolls after a long time. I totally forgot that you don't add tomatoe sauce until the very end. So, as the cabbage rolls cooked for hours in nicely spiced tomatoe sauce, the cabbage stayed nice and uncooked and crunchy because the acid in the tomatoe sauce prevented it from cooking (oh, and the rice remained undercooked too). Needless to say, even with my younger sister's help, there was no salvaging the blunder - so we ate it as is while she laughed at me. grin

1 Like

Re: Your Worst Cooking Blunder by Nobody: 12:36am On Jul 28, 2013
^
your younger sister laughing @you? Hope she did not make same or worse mistakes than you.
Re: Your Worst Cooking Blunder by Caracta(f): 12:38am On Jul 28, 2013
idnoble135:
dont know why but this is quite hilarious. You could have probably not served them that food@all.

And what do i tell the guests? It was obvious they were waiting for the food? Cooking another one was not an option. Apart from the time factor, i was not in the mood to cook. Make dem no vex...sad
Re: Your Worst Cooking Blunder by Nobody: 12:42am On Jul 28, 2013
Caracta:

And what do i tell the guests? It was obvious they were waiting for the food? Cooking another one was not an option. Apart from the time factor, i was not in the mood to cook. Make dem no vex...sad
You say some thing like "sorry young men, the food has undergone transformation agenda. See you@next year christmas". Lol
How did momc get to know, they told her?
Re: Your Worst Cooking Blunder by yorex2011: 7:17am On Jul 28, 2013

damn!! u wanna kill people?? lipsrsealed
Re: Your Worst Cooking Blunder by Caracta(f): 9:24am On Jul 28, 2013
yorex2011:
damn!! u wanna kill people?? lipsrsealed

Nope. I wanna feed people grin sad
Re: Your Worst Cooking Blunder by Nobody: 10:53am On Jul 28, 2013
nadia_SA:
LoL yhaaa I kinda chnged the bad pot which use to burn my food.. So its all good now I'm cooking good food lol...
Lol that's good. Well, in that case, one of these days I'll come and taste your good food lol
Re: Your Worst Cooking Blunder by bigfrancis21: 12:48pm On Jul 28, 2013

grin grin You're wicked! cry
Re: Your Worst Cooking Blunder by yorex2011: 11:19pm On Aug 04, 2013
soooo....thread don die last last cry

(1) (Reply)

Do You Add Egg(raw) To Your Nsala Soup? / Awesome Idea To Try When You Are Making Toast Please Read / Why Don't People Drink Beer With Straw?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.