Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,017 members, 7,806,972 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:04 AM

Northern Elders, Youths Endorse Jonathan For 2015 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Northern Elders, Youths Endorse Jonathan For 2015 (10618 Views)

Why We Can’t Hand Over Tompolo To JTF, EFCC —ijaw Elders, Youths / You Can’t Threaten Me, Jonathan Tells Northern Elders / Northern Elders Give Jonathan October Ultimatum To End Bokoharam Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Northern Elders, Youths Endorse Jonathan For 2015 by Onlytruth(m): 5:52am On Jul 28, 2013
2015: Northern elders, youths endorse Jonathan
July 27, 2013
By Henry Umoru

ABUJA- AHEAD the 2015 Presidential election, Northern elders and youths yesterday stormed the National Secretariat of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP in Abuja to endorse President Goodluck Jonathan for the exalted position, just as they pleaded with him to make himself available and vie.

The elders and youths came under the aegis of three groups, Northern Elders Forum, North/South New Nigeria Forum, Fresh Air Continuity Group of North West and Northern PDP Youth.

The groups – led by a former Education Minister under the late Gen Abacha’s regime and former Presidential Aspirant of All Nigerian Peoples Party, ANPP, Dr Dauda Birmah, on a solidarity visit to the PDP national Chairman of PDP, Alhaji Bamanga Tukur – declared that the North would ever be grateful to the PDP led Government of President Jonathan for creating a conducive atmosphere that made the release of the former Chief Security Adviser to late Sani Abacha, Major Hamza Al-Mustapha possible after over 14 years of incarceration.

They however hailed Jonathan over the release from prison of Major Hamza al-Mustapha, just as they promised to get most voters in the north, especially North West to support and vote for him.

Dauda Birma, said “Goodluck Jonathan’s leadership has been rated as the best administration so far. With what Jonathan has done in Maiduguri, I can affirm that the city is now safer than most parts of the country”.

According to him, Major Mustapha’s release would not have been possible by the ordinary fiat of the court if not for the underground work of Alhaji Bamanga Tukur and the consent of the executive of the President Jonathan led administration, adding that the Groups decided to come out openly to appreciate the exemplary leadership qualities of the President Jonathan since assumption of office which had been unprecedented in the anal of Nigeria.

He said they were also at the PDP National Secretariat to correct insinuations that the People of the North especially the North- West Zone were against his Presidential ambition come 2015, adding that the release of Major Al-Mustapha had further fuelled the supports of the North for the re election of President Jonathan come 2015.

The leaders of the three Groups, Hajia Nana Abdulkadri, Mallam Mohammed Omeri and Ibrahim Mohammed in their remarks expressed their appreciation for the release of the former CSO and acknowledged the roles of the leadership of the Party and the President and as well dismissed the wrong notion that the North in general was against the Presidential ambition of Dr Jonathan come 2015.

Responding, Alhaji Tukur said that it was a thing of joy for him for three different Groups to come at the same time to appreciate openly the achievements of the PDP led administration of President Jonathan at this point in time when wrong impressions were being created that all was not well in the country.

According to him, “to me, this is democracy in action, people will agree with you,people will also disagree with you, we can not see things the same way at all times, when we see good things we should celebrate like these groups are doing now, celebrate good things, celebrate democracy, celebrate justice, don’t be intimidated by others, this is your country, hold it firmly”.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/07/2015-northern-elders-youth-endorse-jonathan/

3 Likes

Re: Northern Elders, Youths Endorse Jonathan For 2015 by Onlytruth(m): 5:56am On Jul 28, 2013
Not sure whether this has been posted here before.
Just saw it.

@Mods, if this has been posted here before pls take this one down.
Thanks.
Re: Northern Elders, Youths Endorse Jonathan For 2015 by ujchief(m): 5:58am On Jul 28, 2013
Abacha had more endorsements!

#Youths Earnestly Ask for Abacha '98#

7 Likes

Re: Northern Elders, Youths Endorse Jonathan For 2015 by ujchief(m): 6:06am On Jul 28, 2013
Onlytruth:
They however hailed Jonathan over the release from prison of Major Hamza al-Mustapha, just as they promised to get most voters in the north, especially North West to support and vote for him.

According to him, Major Mustapha’s release would not have been possible by the ordinary fiat of the court if not for the underground work of Alhaji Bamanga Tukur and the consent of the executive of the President Jonathan led administration

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/07/2015-northern-elders-youth-endorse-jonathan/

I'd love to keep the bolded. The info will be very useful in the near future when some peeps will like to tell us that the release of Al mustapha had no political underline and was not influenced by GEJ just to score some political points.

7 Likes

Re: Northern Elders, Youths Endorse Jonathan For 2015 by Standing5(m): 6:19am On Jul 28, 2013
Silly!
Re: Northern Elders, Youths Endorse Jonathan For 2015 by dubem3(m): 6:21am On Jul 28, 2013
...that part in a movie where everything is happening too smoothly just before the bad guy wreaks the real havoc.
I can't help but believe something is about to go wrong.
Meanwhile am not about to pretend I didn't see the quoted
According to him, Major Mustapha’s release would not have been possible by the ordinary fiat of the court if not for the underground work of Alhaji Bamanga Tukur and the consent of the executive of the President Jonathan led administration, adding that the Groups decided to come out openly to appreciate the exemplary leadership qualities of the President Jonathan since assumption of office which had been unprecedented in the BehindBased of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Northern Elders, Youths Endorse Jonathan For 2015 by eightsin(m): 6:22am On Jul 28, 2013
Owkay.
Re: Northern Elders, Youths Endorse Jonathan For 2015 by Onlytruth(m): 7:54am On Jul 28, 2013
The real politicking has begun.
Sai Jona, wallahi.

3 Likes

Re: Northern Elders, Youths Endorse Jonathan For 2015 by Nobody: 8:07am On Jul 28, 2013
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Northern Elders, Youths Endorse Jonathan For 2015 by Tolexander: 8:16am On Jul 28, 2013
Northern Youths and Elders Indeed!
Re: Northern Elders, Youths Endorse Jonathan For 2015 by Nobody: 8:19am On Jul 28, 2013
grin grin grin I still dey laugh oooooo
Re: Northern Elders, Youths Endorse Jonathan For 2015 by Chubhie: 8:25am On Jul 28, 2013
Onlytruth: The real politicking has begun.
Sai Jona, wallahi.
Home run for Goodman GEJ 2015 and beyond. Am impressed how GEJ smooth operates..... He has grown more balls thanks to opposition. Now we need that ball to be made of steel and bigger than United states steel industry.

4 Likes

Re: Northern Elders, Youths Endorse Jonathan For 2015 by Onlytruth(m): 9:27am On Jul 28, 2013
Chubhie: Home run for Goodman GEJ 2015 and beyond. Am impressed how GEJ smooth operates..... He has grown more balls thanks to opposition. Now we need that ball to be made of steel and bigger than United states steel industry.

That is what I like most about Jona. He is a smooth (meek and gentle) operator.
He gets things fixed quietly, one by one.

3 Likes

Re: Northern Elders, Youths Endorse Jonathan For 2015 by ezedolar: 10:02am On Jul 28, 2013
The north dont have credible presedential candidate now hence the endosment

1 Like

Re: Northern Elders, Youths Endorse Jonathan For 2015 by superior1: 10:04am On Jul 28, 2013
They came to show their gratitude to Jona-dumbo for influencing the judiciary to release Al-mustapha?
Interesting!
Omo Odua se eti gbo o?.

2 Likes

Re: Northern Elders, Youths Endorse Jonathan For 2015 by hero70(m): 10:07am On Jul 28, 2013
It's a big lie... Who are the northern elders nd youths

2 Likes

Re: Northern Elders, Youths Endorse Jonathan For 2015 by Sitex(m): 10:12am On Jul 28, 2013
retardeen n Jonathan
some names ds man is calld, his intelligence is insulted n underated by the opposition bt he seems to know his onions...
Joeboy! Let the scheming continue...

4 Likes

Re: Northern Elders, Youths Endorse Jonathan For 2015 by SlyIg(f): 10:22am On Jul 28, 2013
My dear, ask me o ...
Re: Northern Elders, Youths Endorse Jonathan For 2015 by Nobody: 10:22am On Jul 28, 2013
Thats a good development
Re: Northern Elders, Youths Endorse Jonathan For 2015 by Nobody: 10:25am On Jul 28, 2013
DISCLAIMER: This group of people do not represent the views and opinion of northern youth. In as much as the northern youth will like to flog this Dauda Birma, their leader (not ours as as he is so unpopular even in the newspapers), we will like to encourage president Goodluck Jonathan to deliver on his campaign promises and alleviate the sufferings of the masses as that only will win him our votes come 2015. Let me reiterate, the present crop of Arewa youth do not really care whether Igbo (am i not lying here? or can anything good comes out of...),Yoruba, Hausa, Igala, Berom, etc so long as we will have peace, have jobs, our security will be guaranteed, terror will be 100% controlled, we can marry our girls when we want to, chew our gworo when we want to... The good and simple life you know!

2 Likes

Re: Northern Elders, Youths Endorse Jonathan For 2015 by BabaEleko(m): 10:28am On Jul 28, 2013
[size=16pt]Lost Nigerians that believe they can't survive without licking greedy politician's ass.!!!![/size]

3 Likes

Re: Northern Elders, Youths Endorse Jonathan For 2015 by bornosheikh: 10:31am On Jul 28, 2013
we can marry our girls when we want to...

Can I marry one of your girls too? tongue
Re: Northern Elders, Youths Endorse Jonathan For 2015 by LordNicvuitton(m): 10:44am On Jul 28, 2013
oga joe keep spreading fresh air joor hmmm... kai! wetin dey wori me self? how i go eat bread finish, use toothpick dey pick out d partitions of d bread? ehem! clears throat.. farts... pls release uwazuruike 4 us too.. i laff in spanish.. buhahahahahahahahahaha oops! just kidding.
Re: Northern Elders, Youths Endorse Jonathan For 2015 by pistol: 11:00am On Jul 28, 2013
More endorsement deals coming soon from
MTN
Globacom
Celtel
Airtel
Etisalat.
GEJ till 2019..
Spread the message..
Re: Northern Elders, Youths Endorse Jonathan For 2015 by Nobody: 11:03am On Jul 28, 2013
Since there are no better options than Jahadisttts and betrayyyals, GEJ till 2019?If u are nt happi abt dis click like
Re: Northern Elders, Youths Endorse Jonathan For 2015 by ddeola: 11:04am On Jul 28, 2013
These people are nailing themselves, at least they are admitting that na GEJ release Al-Mustapha as a carrot to bribe dem.
I dey laff grin grin grin grin grin Comedy plenty 4 Nija o. grin grin grin
Re: Northern Elders, Youths Endorse Jonathan For 2015 by BetaThings: 11:10am On Jul 28, 2013
ujchief:

I'd love to keep the bolded. The info will be very useful in the near future when some peeps will like to tell us that the release of Al mustapha had no political underline and was not influenced by GEJ just to score some political points.
Or that the judiciary is the cog in the wheel of the battle against corruption!
Re: Northern Elders, Youths Endorse Jonathan For 2015 by HoldenCaulfield(m): 11:10am On Jul 28, 2013
Please stop this! This lie almost made me puke. i swear to god it did
Re: Northern Elders, Youths Endorse Jonathan For 2015 by ddeola: 11:11am On Jul 28, 2013
hero70: It's a big lie... Who are the northern elders nd youths

Laffs grin grin grin grin . Afterall D'banj represented Nigerian youths for the same GEJ. Our politicians are so daft that instead of concentrating on their work and deliver on their promises, they are chasing shadows in the name of re-election when they have not even justified the first term they have. As for those hungry goofs, make una dey look dem na hunger dey useless dem
Re: Northern Elders, Youths Endorse Jonathan For 2015 by solopumpy227: 11:13am On Jul 28, 2013
A couple of weeks ago it was 'Intrigue as GEJ replaces Sambo with Yerima 2015'. Last week 'Al'Mustapha to help GEJ win Yobe and Borno'.
Yerima even visited the Aso Rock with Moslem warriors to pray for our born-again President against his 2015 re-election bid but they did not leave without asking for Hajj sponsorship...

GEJ foot-soldiers can mobilize 100s of fake Northern supporters to keep there livelihood. The truth on ground is that GEJ will vote in an Otuoke ward in 2015 while the 19 Northern Govs will be in their States at the same time telling people who to vote for.
Re: Northern Elders, Youths Endorse Jonathan For 2015 by BetaThings: 11:13am On Jul 28, 2013
zonaking: Since there are no better options than Jahadisttts and betrayyyals, GEJ till 2019?If u are nt happi abt dis click like
So how come you need the votes of the northerners?
And how did they betray? And who did they betray
Under Shagari, no 2, 3 & 4 were in SS & SE
Is that betrayal?
In the first republic, it was North and East
Are you sure you are talking about the history of Nigeria?
Re: Northern Elders, Youths Endorse Jonathan For 2015 by free2ryhme: 11:15am On Jul 28, 2013
who be dis people and where did they come from ??

The elders and youths came under the aegis of three groups, Northern Elders Forum, North/South New Nigeria Forum, Fresh Air Continuity Group of North West and Northern PDP Youth.

undecided

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Awolowo Committed Suicide – By Abdulmumini Adeku / Igbo Lagos Residents And Traders Moblise For Agbaje / CAC Official ‘murdered Over $1.092b’ Malabu Oil Deal’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.