Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,962 members, 7,806,786 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:04 AM

World's Oldest Living Man - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / World's Oldest Living Man (502 Views)

Guinness World's Oldest Living Man Dies At 112 / A Baby Boy Has Been Born From The World's Oldest Sperm. [photos] / They Are The Oldest Living Twins (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

World's Oldest Living Man by Abiyamo: 7:05pm On Jul 28, 2013
Okay, longevity is one thing that has baffled humanity for thousands of years. Therefore, when issues as this come up, it is bound to generate a lot of interest and frenzy. The world authority on issues of human age records, the GUINNESS WORLD RECORDS™ has announced that a Spaniard, 112-year-old Salustiano Sanchez Blazquez from Grand Island, New York, is the new world’s oldest living man. He took over from the 116-year-old Jiroemon Kimura of Japan who died on the 12th of June, 2013. For now, the 115-year-old female, Misao Okawa of Japan is considered by the GUINNESS WORLD RECORDS™ to be the world's oldest living person overall.

According to Robert Young, a senior consultant of gerontology with GUINNESS WORLD RECORDS™, 90% of all supercentenarians (a supercentenarian is someone who has lived to or passed his or her 110th birthday) are females and the Salustiano is actually currently the only male born in 1901 with proof of birth. In confirming this new record, the following documents were all examined and processed:

-Census reports

-Immigration papers

-Marriage records

-News reports

Salustiano was born on the 8th of June, 1901 in El Tejado de Bejar, a village in the province of Salamanca, Spain. While growing up, he was adored and respect for his mastery of the dulzania, a double reed Spanish musical instrument related to the oboe. He earned some money as a youngster by performing at events and ceremonies like weddings and other festivities in the village. He went to school until he was 10 and as far as he is concerned, he is self-taught.

When he turned 17, Salustiano and Pedro, his older brother, with some other friends moved to Cuba in search of work, where they were later employed to work in sugarcane plantations. From the sugar-rich Cuba, he was able to travel to the United States via Ellis Island in August 1920. In America, he worked at coal mines in Lynch, Kentucky.

Later, he moved to the Niagara Falls part of New York where he is still staying. Marriage came in 1934 when he was joined in holy matrimony to his sweetheart, Pearl. His marriage is blessed with John, now 76 and Irene, now 69. Salustiano has seven grandkids, 15 great-grandchildren and five great-great-(yeh, my teeth...lol!)-grandchildren. Now, that's impressive! Some Nigerians will say that their grandparents were 25o years old before they died and even played golf with Methuselah but as far as you do not have any document to back up your claim, all I will say is this: park well #runsAway cheesy

THANKS FOR YOUR TIME.

SUBSCRIBE TO AND GET ALL NEW POSTS STRAIGHT IN YOUR INBOX.
http://www..com/the-worlds-oldest-living-man/

________

@MOD: No vex o, me I no know the category to put am na im I nack am for health. Feel free to move if need be. Thanks.

Re: World's Oldest Living Man by Nobody: 7:14pm On Jul 28, 2013
Hmmmmmm... old indeed.

(1) (Reply)

Require Health Services? / Malaria Vaccine Developed / Mosquito 'invisibility Cloak' Discovered On Human Skin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.