Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,241 members, 7,780,479 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 03:14 PM

Tales By Grand Pa: Why Lion's Hate Hyena's - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Tales By Grand Pa: Why Lion's Hate Hyena's (804 Views)

Funmi-lion: A Tale Of A Lioness / The Hyena Men - Gadawan Kura / Tales By Noon-light Episode Four (the Price Of Sacrifice) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tales By Grand Pa: Why Lion's Hate Hyena's by extraflyfineboy(m): 12:52am On Jul 29, 2013
was a time when Lion’s and Hyena’s were best friends. In fact, they were so close that they lived in the same cave. The went hunting together, ate together, went to the river to swim together, the lion clan and the Hyena community even began to breed with each other.
One day, the Lion asked the Hyena “My good friend, ever since I was young we have been together, and I can swear that I have never seen you laugh, why is it so, is anything bothering you?” the Hyena was dumbfounded “well, it’s not that I am never happy, I am happy most of the time but I don’t know how to express it through laughter” the Hyena said. After a little deliberation, the Lion and Hyena resolved to seek the help of the witch doctor to solve the problem of the Hyena.
Early the next morning, they both went to see the witch doctor. After the witch doctor mixed some charms, she gave it to the Hyena and said “you and every Hyena in the Animal kingdom must drink this. It will make you laugh. I prepared it with ancient Hyena blood so anyone who does not take it does not share joy within and will die.
They thanked her and left. The Hyena took the portion to his community and after drinking it, asked other Hyena’s to drink but some refused including the Hyena’s mother who hated Dark magic. After a few days, all the hyena’s that didn’t take the portion fell sick and after a few more days began to die. This greatly angered the Hyena because they loved each other greatly. Soon, the hyena’s mother died and it greatly angered the Hyena and he mobilized other Hyena’s and they killed the Lion who had brought the predicament on them.
The Lion clan felt insulted and waged war against the Hyena’s and chased them away from their midst. Even as the Hyena’s were running, they were laughing because the laughing portion was very effective.
 Till today, the Hyena still laughs even when he is angry.  And that is why till this day, a lion will kill a hyena even if it’s not hungry.

THAT IS THE END OF TONIGHTS STORY, WHAT DID YOU LEARN?

NOTE this threat ΐs courtesy Umeh Oma's Online Magazine Via http://umehoma.com

Re: Tales By Grand Pa: Why Lion's Hate Hyena's by harlos: 5:12am On Jul 29, 2013
I think i laughed like an hyena after reading it,tho i don't av an idea of how they laugh undecided

Can u back it up with pictures at least one, it will be more interesting.

I love short stories cheesy
Re: Tales By Grand Pa: Why Lion's Hate Hyena's by purpinkx(m): 9:56am On Jul 29, 2013
Moral lesson ... Don't coerce a friend to smile
Re: Tales By Grand Pa: Why Lion's Hate Hyena's by Nobody: 4:20pm On Jul 29, 2013
the moral of the story is don't engage in dark magic.
Re: Tales By Grand Pa: Why Lion's Hate Hyena's by extraflyfineboy(m): 3:49pm On Jul 30, 2013
harlos: I think i laughed like an hyena after reading it,tho i don't av an idea of how they laugh undecided

Can u back it up with pictures at least one, it will be more interesting.

I love short stories cheesy

Yea, all stories are backed up @ uMeh Oma's Online magazine Via http://umehoma.com

(1) (Reply)

Nairaland Fiction School ( Teaching Thread) / Yawa!!!! / Blesh And Flood.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.