Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,872 members, 7,802,808 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:07 PM

Wordpress Help Zone - Tutorials, Answers, and Tricks. - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Wordpress Help Zone - Tutorials, Answers, and Tricks. (3377 Views)

2014/2015 Waec Gce Past Questions/answers And Syllabus / Blogger/ Help Zone / Oracle 10g Study Guide, Question & Answers And Interactive Video Software (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wordpress Help Zone - Tutorials, Answers, and Tricks. by akhis: 1:59pm On Aug 06, 2013
Please can anyone pls tell me how to load "webpage under construction" or anything to just display on the web page. I hope to have it designed by a professional latter when i have the money to pay but for now i do not have much cash hence I just want something to display. Please i will appreciate. Thanks a lot
Re: Wordpress Help Zone - Tutorials, Answers, and Tricks. by databoy247(m): 9:37pm On Aug 06, 2013
akhis: Please can anyone pls tell me how to load "webpage under construction" or anything to just display on the web page. I hope to have it designed by a professional latter when i have the money to pay but for now i do not have much cash hence I just want something to display. Please i will appreciate. Thanks a lot
Is it a wordpress website?
Re: Wordpress Help Zone - Tutorials, Answers, and Tricks. by danmention: 10:03pm On Aug 06, 2013
browse google for , an underconstruction page it comes in index.html,ut it in ur www.or public_html,thats all need other help call me and i will give you all the help you need for free.08063427286
Re: Wordpress Help Zone - Tutorials, Answers, and Tricks. by AhmeedCharisma: 6:21am On Aug 07, 2013
Holla @ya all in da house,out of all the CMS(Content management systems)in world today,WORDPRESS is the most flexible and basically the best.I use wordpress as though I am using microsoftword,wow!Awesome in indeed.Without thorough coding u can manipulate wordpress.I started with HTML,then CSS using dreamweaver,but when I got to knw the magic of Wordpress,mahn!It's splendid.
@Feyisara,u can still spice your fitness website up with tremendous effects.check out this website I am just designing www.eleclat.com and see some effects just loading in it.Any tutorial on wordpress,pls call: 07084055709 for help and tutor.
Re: Wordpress Help Zone - Tutorials, Answers, and Tricks. by AhmeedCharisma: 6:28am On Aug 07, 2013
I can even advise on d best plugins u can use to make your website look mature and attractive.integrating your website with your android fone.call:07084055709 for the tip for free or get me on whatsapp with the same number.
Re: Wordpress Help Zone - Tutorials, Answers, and Tricks. by databoy247(m): 7:37am On Aug 07, 2013
Ahmeed_Charisma: I can even advise on d best plugins u can use to make your website look mature and attractive.integrating your website with your android fone.call:07084055709 for the tip for free or get me on whatsapp with the same number.
you can drop your free tips and plugins here for all to see and benefit. I dont think there is need for phone calls. Cheers.
Re: Wordpress Help Zone - Tutorials, Answers, and Tricks. by Jamieb(m): 12:15pm On Aug 07, 2013
databoy247:
you can drop your free tips and plugins here for all to see and benefit. I dont think there is need for phone calls. Cheers.
Exactly. I don't know the rationale behind his call stuff when this thread is strictly for help
Re: Wordpress Help Zone - Tutorials, Answers, and Tricks. by nikky5(m): 10:46pm On Aug 07, 2013
Pls help me out.I have just done a wordpress blog site offline and would like to upload.what are the procedures.Someone told me that its upload is similar to joomla upload.u can email me on sharontunny2000@yahoo.com.thanks.
Re: Wordpress Help Zone - Tutorials, Answers, and Tricks. by Nobody: 10:55pm On Aug 07, 2013
@Ahmeed_Charisma thank you for the info i can tweak any wordpress theme to fit my need but the plugins you mention and interested you can just email me a list of some thise plugin thank you
Re: Wordpress Help Zone - Tutorials, Answers, and Tricks. by Ekennovative(m): 1:14am On Aug 08, 2013
feyisara: @Ahmeed_Charisma thank you for the info i can tweak any wordpress theme to fit my need but the plugins you mention and interested you can just email me a list of some thise plugin thank you
www.wordpress.org/plugins
Re: Wordpress Help Zone - Tutorials, Answers, and Tricks. by databoy247(m): 8:01am On Aug 08, 2013
NEW TUTORIAL ON THE BEST PLUGINS TO MAKE YOUR WORDPRESS WEBSITE RESPONSIVE
Responsive means being able to view your website from different types of devices like smart phones, tablets, etc and it still looks good. I have found 3 plugins that can help you achieve that, and they are;

1. WP Mobile Detector

To quickly adapt your website with small-screen devices, there’s a simple WordPress plug-in called WP Mobile Detector, which you can download and install its free version through the WordPress official site.

The special feature of this amazing mobile-detector plugin is that unlike other plugin that target only few gadgets, WP Mobile detector supports not only 100 or even 1000, but a whopping 5,000 web-enabled cells, smartphones, iPhones, and tablets in the market.

2. WordPress Mobile Pack

This free WordPress plugin is readily available from WordPress.org site. But before you go on and download the plugin, I want you to consider its pros and cons first.

The good news is that WordPress Mobile Pack is a complete plugin that not only converts your non-mobile website into responsive website, but also gives you a full control over to you.

The domain mapping and the user agent actually detects the most popular hand-held devices before displaying the content on it. In addition to that, it includes an Elegant theme, although it comes in four different colors.

3. WordPress MobilePress

Finally, the final WordPress plugin to make your website mobile-friendly is WordPress MobilePress. The author who developed the plugin claims that the plugin only works for version up to 2.8.6, but we didn’t have any problems so far using it on the latest WordPress version.

MobilePress is a simple plugin and doesn’t try to overwhelm its users as it only provides few important options to turn your website into a responsive web design.

Here’s another interesting thing we found out about the WordPress MobilePress. It’s not only simple to use, but to test also as the plugin forces your site to switch to mobile view rather than using the actual mobile-device, and more importantly, domain mapping.

For people who have an idea on codes i found another tutorial that might benefit you so instead of using plugins, you can do it the rugged way;
If you are new to web programming, a little tool named ‘Element Inspector’ may help you a lot to find the right layers you have to modify. All modern browsers should have it. Mozilla Firefox have had it since v10.0, Internet Explorer since v9. If we have to recommend, we will choose Opera or Google Chrome. To create a responsive design, you just need to modify only one file, style.css.

Firstly, put this code at the very end of your style.css:
1 @media only screen and (max-width: 480px) {
2 }

This code is a conditional styling code which will tell the browser that if the screen size is less or equal than 480px, it should do all the styling parameters set in between the brackets. 480px is the maximum screen size of smartphones that exist in the market.

For tablets, you can use 959px. The conditional code will be:
1 @media only screen and (min-width: 768px) and (max-width: 959px) {
3 }
For the sake of simplicity, we will only discuss responsive design for smartphone at this tutorial. Once you master this, creating a responsive design for tablets will be just as easy.

After you type the conditional code, put all codes that we have below in between the brackets. Read more from here http://colorlabsproject.com/tutorials/make-your-wordpress-theme-responsive/
Re: Wordpress Help Zone - Tutorials, Answers, and Tricks. by tubiz(m): 8:43pm On Aug 08, 2013
nikky5: Pls help me out.I have just done a wordpress blog site offline and would like to upload.what are the procedures.Someone told me that its upload is similar to joomla upload.u can email me on sharontunny2000@yahoo.com.thanks.

The blog that you finished working on do you want to migrate all the posts and pages on the local install? If you don't want to migrate the posts and pages all you need to do is install WordPress on your website if your host is using cpanel, then you can install it using softaculous or fantastico. After install WordPress just upload the theme and activate it and you are good to go.
If you want to migrate all posts and pages just export them using the WordPress importer.

If you more questions just reply.
Re: Wordpress Help Zone - Tutorials, Answers, and Tricks. by tubiz(m): 8:48pm On Aug 08, 2013
databoy247: NEW TUTORIAL ON THE BEST PLUGINS TO MAKE YOUR WORDPRESS WEBSITE RESPONSIVE
Responsive means being able to view your website from different types of devices like smart phones, tablets, etc and it still looks good. I have found 3 plugins that can help you achieve that, and they are;

1. WP Mobile Detector

To quickly adapt your website with small-screen devices, there’s a simple WordPress plug-in called WP Mobile Detector, which you can download and install its free version through the WordPress official site.

The special feature of this amazing mobile-detector plugin is that unlike other plugin that target only few gadgets, WP Mobile detector supports not only 100 or even 1000, but a whopping 5,000 web-enabled cells, smartphones, iPhones, and tablets in the market.

2. WordPress Mobile Pack

This free WordPress plugin is readily available from WordPress.org site. But before you go on and download the plugin, I want you to consider its pros and cons first.

The good news is that WordPress Mobile Pack is a complete plugin that not only converts your non-mobile website into responsive website, but also gives you a full control over to you.

The domain mapping and the user agent actually detects the most popular hand-held devices before displaying the content on it. In addition to that, it includes an Elegant theme, although it comes in four different colors.

3. WordPress MobilePress

Finally, the final WordPress plugin to make your website mobile-friendly is WordPress MobilePress. The author who developed the plugin claims that the plugin only works for version up to 2.8.6, but we didn’t have any problems so far using it on the latest WordPress version.

MobilePress is a simple plugin and doesn’t try to overwhelm its users as it only provides few important options to turn your website into a responsive web design.

Here’s another interesting thing we found out about the WordPress MobilePress. It’s not only simple to use, but to test also as the plugin forces your site to switch to mobile view rather than using the actual mobile-device, and more importantly, domain mapping.

For people who have an idea on codes i found another tutorial that might benefit you so instead of using plugins, you can do it the rugged way;

Responsive webdesign is different, in RWD your website is using just a single theme, your layout of your theme will show based on the width of the device you are accessing your website from.
All the plugins you listed isn't used to create a responsive website they are used to create a mobile friendly version of your website, based on the theme that comes with the plugins.
Pls correct me if am wrong.
Re: Wordpress Help Zone - Tutorials, Answers, and Tricks. by Jamieb(m): 8:08am On Aug 09, 2013
Guys, i just hosted my wordpress blog and import all the ones in the former .worddpress.com blog. Pls guys help me have a look which other things do i need to do in terms of design. Thanks. My blog is www.scholarsvision.com
Re: Wordpress Help Zone - Tutorials, Answers, and Tricks. by Nobody: 1:22pm On Aug 09, 2013
Jamie b: Guys, i just hosted my wordpress blog and import all the ones in the former .worddpress.com blog. Pls guys help me have a look which other things do i need to do in terms of design. Thanks. My blog is www.scholarsvision.com
Sowie pls, can I ask who ur host is? And hw much it costs u to do dis?
Re: Wordpress Help Zone - Tutorials, Answers, and Tricks. by Nobody: 1:30pm On Aug 09, 2013
Hello guys, I have my wordpress blog now, and I really don't know much (in terms of making it look good). I will really appreciate it if I can get to meet any of the wordpress gurus here in lagos. Even if its for a day, just to explain some things to me physically cos m tayyad of reading pdf files all over again. mail: delebams01@gmail.com. Or whatsapp/mobile: 08088495181.
Re: Wordpress Help Zone - Tutorials, Answers, and Tricks. by Jamieb(m): 1:52pm On Aug 09, 2013
harkindele:
Sowie pls, can I ask who ur host is? And hw much it costs u to do dis?
Why not, the host is gurushost and the plan i chose cost 4116 naira only. If u need other details my fb id is james B Chigozie. Its a Nigerian host
Re: Wordpress Help Zone - Tutorials, Answers, and Tricks. by Jamieb(m): 1:55pm On Aug 09, 2013
harkindele: Hello guys, I have my wordpress blog now, and I really don't know much (in terms of making it look good). I will really appreciate it if I can get to meet any of the wordpress gurus here in lagos. Even if its for a day, just to explain some things to me physically cos m tayyad of reading pdf files all over again. mail: delebams01@gmail.com. Or whatsapp/mobile: 08088495181.
contact me on 08102804309 for tons of e-books on wordpress. From domain registration to hosting to publishing your first post. Including the 600+ pages Wordpress all-in-one for dummies.
Re: Wordpress Help Zone - Tutorials, Answers, and Tricks. by Nobody: 2:04pm On Aug 09, 2013
Jamie b:
contact me on 08102804309 for tons of e-books on wordpress. From domain registration to hosting to publishing your first post. Including the 600+ pages Wordpress all-in-one for dummies.
Like I said, d reading part is wat m tayyad of, I nid sm1 to who is ready to explain physically, but btw if u really wanna help wit d books, y not send my mail? Do I have to call first?
Re: Wordpress Help Zone - Tutorials, Answers, and Tricks. by Nobody: 2:05pm On Aug 09, 2013
Jamie b:
Why not, the host is gurushost and the plan i chose cost 4116 naira only. If u need other details my fb id is james B Chigozie. Its a Nigerian host
Ok. Tnx.
Re: Wordpress Help Zone - Tutorials, Answers, and Tricks. by Jamieb(m): 2:07pm On Aug 09, 2013
harkindele:
Like I said, d reading part is wat m tayyad of, I nid sm1 to who is ready to explain physically, but btw if u really wanna help wit d books, y not send my mail? Do I have to call first?
you don't learn it all in one day, you must keep reading. Would send them later
Re: Wordpress Help Zone - Tutorials, Answers, and Tricks. by Nobody: 2:19pm On Aug 09, 2013
Jamie b: you don't learn it all in one day, you must keep reading. Would send them later
Ok. Tnx bro!
Re: Wordpress Help Zone - Tutorials, Answers, and Tricks. by danmention: 3:19pm On Aug 09, 2013
Jamie b: you don't learn it all in one day, you must keep reading. Would send them later
i will show you how you can do all the magic in one day , simply [practical , i hate the long stories, and reading my self,check this out www.reevmakconcept.com,www.ten05.com,highly professional call daniel-08063427286
Re: Wordpress Help Zone - Tutorials, Answers, and Tricks. by danmention: 3:39pm On Aug 09, 2013
harkindele: Hello guys, I have my wordpress blog now, and I really don't know much (in terms of making it look good). I will really appreciate it if I can get to meet any of the wordpress gurus here in lagos. Even if its for a day, just to explain some things to me physically cos m tayyad of reading pdf files all over again. mail: delebams01@gmail.com. Or whatsapp/mobile: 08088495181.

i will show you how you can do all the magic in one day , simply [practical , i hate the long stories, and reading my self,check this out www.reevmakconcept.com,www.ten05.com,highly professional call daniel-08063427286
Re: Wordpress Help Zone - Tutorials, Answers, and Tricks. by Nobody: 9:58pm On Aug 09, 2013
Hey guys check out this wordpress site that i just finish http://akinolasarumohphotography.com/
Re: Wordpress Help Zone - Tutorials, Answers, and Tricks. by talk2hb1(m): 11:11pm On Aug 11, 2013
Nice thread, keep the good work rolling. WP is ma first lady when it comes to web publishing sexy, fast, friendly, and flexible. Its like we have lots of guys just jumping on the wp bandwagon, welcome on board.
Re: Wordpress Help Zone - Tutorials, Answers, and Tricks. by chiefkpokp(m): 1:23am On Aug 12, 2013
Databoy afa na,unon crest ma name there?
databoy247: FOR AMATEUR CODERS
When using wordpress, you always download good looking themes which you have to customize. And since most of the themes are free, you always encounter the problem of "linkbacks" or certain ads at the bottom of the site and most times these look annoying and "unprofessional". What do you do? Yes, you can edit or "customize" that part. All you have to do is go to the "editor" menu on the left of your dashboard, click and look for "footer.php" on the right and edit. Below is a pictorial guide
Re: Wordpress Help Zone - Tutorials, Answers, and Tricks. by chiefkpokp(m): 6:14am On Aug 12, 2013
Eagle633: I wnt 2 creat a wordpress blog, plz teach me

If u r using wordpress.org- the step to take is.

1. Buy domain/hosting
2. Go to your cpanel to Install wordpress.
3. Login to your wordpress admin dashboad with ur username and password
4. Install and activate theme if need be
5. Modify theme
6. Install plugins and arrange widget area
7. Start adding page or posts.
Re: Wordpress Help Zone - Tutorials, Answers, and Tricks. by chiefkpokp(m): 6:33am On Aug 12, 2013
Ahmeed_Charisma: Holla @ya all in da house,out of all the CMS(Content management systems)in world today,WORDPRESS is the most flexible and basically the best.I use wordpress as though I am using microsoftword,wow!Awesome in indeed.Without thorough coding u can manipulate wordpress.I started with HTML,then CSS using dreamweaver,but when I got to knw the magic of Wordpress,mahn!It's splendid.
@Feyisara,u can still spice your fitness website up with tremendous effects.check out this website I am just designing www.eleclat.com and see some effects just loading in it.Any tutorial on wordpress,pls call: 07084055709 for help and tutor.

U think wordpress is d best becos u have mastered it? Why not try drupal and see if u will ever wana use wordpress in any of ur project.
Re: Wordpress Help Zone - Tutorials, Answers, and Tricks. by chiefkpokp(m): 7:06am On Aug 12, 2013
tubiz:

Responsive webdesign is different, in RWD your website is using just a single theme, your layout of your theme will show based on the width of the device you are accessing your website from.
All the plugins you listed isn't used to create a responsive website they are used to create a mobile friendly version of your website, based on the theme that comes with the plugins.
Pls correct me if am wrong.

Well why we are on wordpress and have not branched anywere, can you drop more plugins in which u can use in making ur site look responsive? And for me, I think databoy made us to understand what a responsive website looks like, its just 2ways, its either you are viewing your website with either your computer or some internet enable mobile device so what r we not saying, making your website to mobile friend is still another of way of making your website responsive, WP Mobile Detector: when this plugins is installed, its load the mobile version authomatically without your choosing to visit the mobile version.
Re: Wordpress Help Zone - Tutorials, Answers, and Tricks. by talk2hb1(m): 2:20pm On Aug 12, 2013
chiefkpokp:

U think wordpress is d best becos u have mastered it? Why not try drupal and see if u will ever wana use wordpress in any of ur project.
Building a blog with Drupal is like killing a mosquito a Mac5 and trying to build a school website with WordPress is like trying to kill an elephant with a pocket knive.
The moral of the story is that they both have their strength and weaknesses.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Help : How Can I Recover My Money From Konga / 20 Ways To Earn Audience You Should Know As A Blogger / Procedure For Gtpay

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.