Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,831 members, 7,798,801 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 10:33 AM

The Best Tyre For Nigerian Roads - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Best Tyre For Nigerian Roads (77149 Views)

Photo: Which Would Be Your Pick For Use On Nigerian Roads? / The Most Common Car On Nigerian Roads? / Best 5 Cars For Nigerian Roads (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Best Tyre For Nigerian Roads by Nobody: 9:04pm On Jul 30, 2013
hardbody:

Guy he said SUV and some 4 years ago, i bought each tire for 75k and for the 4 tyres i coughed out about N300k. Where are you gettingyour N10 from?

Why is it that you guys dont read, you just pound away on your pc so u can claim first to post rubbish

HE PROBABLY MEANT WHEEL BARROW TYRE wink

2 Likes

Re: The Best Tyre For Nigerian Roads by elektra80: 9:11pm On Jul 30, 2013
Geomac: It is Tyre not Tire

Its called tire in most parts of North America while its called tyre outside North America. Just the same way Americans call check instead of cheque

3 Likes

Re: The Best Tyre For Nigerian Roads by zuker: 9:18pm On Jul 30, 2013
Goodyear, yokohama, bridgestone, pirelli and of course michellin
Re: The Best Tyre For Nigerian Roads by sooperrescue(m): 9:19pm On Jul 30, 2013
As an automobile repair practitioner, I will suggest you dont go for brands, just lookout for the tyres suitable for Nigerian roads. For your Suv which brand and model is not stated, Buy any tyre with a V speed rating. Even Starfire, Innoson or Appollo, as long as they are V, then they are suitable for Nigeria. Michelin and Pirelli comes with all season tyres and reduced speed capability. The issue on burst tyres on our roads is mostly caused by fitting tyres that are not suitable for Nigerian roads. The Kogi State Governor's road accident was caused by a burst tyre and when a car gets to a certain speed and the tyre does not support that speed, it either melts or burst while on motion. Most Brands of Mercedes and BMW are fitted with Y, Z or ZR and you will find out that these tyres are not even sold here in Nigeria. My Jeep has W speed rating and they are tokunbo tyres and date of manufacture is 2011. I rather buy used tyres than buy new substandard tyres.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Best Tyre For Nigerian Roads by awolols(m): 9:30pm On Jul 30, 2013
Adrenaline123: Michelin. New one not less than 10k
Did you just say 10k ? For an SUV? the dude said he needed new tires that are safe not death catalyst!

I'd say Michelin bro
Re: The Best Tyre For Nigerian Roads by Eyop: 9:39pm On Jul 30, 2013
Go to Bridgestone Office at Iyana Isolo at Apapa oshodi express way and you sure will get a good tyre there at an affordable price. When you purchase your tyre there,they will fix it and do a computer wheel balancing and alignment for you there free of charge.
Re: The Best Tyre For Nigerian Roads by lawlex(m): 10:18pm On Jul 30, 2013
I sells types....Michelin is far more better than pirelli and far more costly than pirelli..if pirelli can last u for 2year Michelin will last u for 3year..am saying wit experience customer data my fields
Re: The Best Tyre For Nigerian Roads by Aliki(m): 10:55pm On Jul 30, 2013
I drive a Chevy spacebus, one humble vulcanizer recommended that I buy a "Vanco" brand, when I wanted to buy new set of tyres for the ride, he told me that there are two different types; the "regular" and the "commercial" ones used by danfo buses...he got me a grade A toks of the commercial type, it's two years now and they still look good and the pressure is always intact to my surprise. Sometimes ago I went to guage the tyres, the Vulcanizer specifically begged me to sell the tyres to him whenever I want to replace them, that those danfo guys are always looking for that particular brand. If you're lucky to find a sincere vulacanizer...they can tell you more about tyres.
Re: The Best Tyre For Nigerian Roads by chrizfasa(m): 4:45am On Jul 31, 2013
bbpreye.:

Why don't you ask google or the native doctor in ur village?
i choose not to comment..

Why can't you just talk mansurely or keep your mouth quiet. Or mos you comment in every post.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Best Tyre For Nigerian Roads by Nickyspice(f): 5:28am On Jul 31, 2013
Dempsy: ....BIZZARRE.....ANAMBRA STATE INFESTED WIT MALE SEX WORKERS
How e take concern dz discussion nw? You wan make we sabi say u comment...ok noted!
Re: The Best Tyre For Nigerian Roads by Chynx(m): 5:57am On Jul 31, 2013
The cost varies from brand to brand and again is a function of rim size. I got my Bridgestone (Japan) rim 16 tyres in 2011 for 26k each (104k in total).
Tyres u can trust:
1. Michelin
2. Bridgestone (Japan)
3. Pirelli
4. Continental Contour
5. Goodyear
6. Yokohama
6. Hankook isn't bad too
If uve got d pay, settle for original Michelin or Bridgestone (Japan). You will never regret it.

1 Like

Re: The Best Tyre For Nigerian Roads by Boss13: 7:24am On Jul 31, 2013
Aliki: I drive a Chevy spacebus, one humble vulcanizer recommended that I buy a "Vanco" brand, when I wanted to buy new set of tyres for the ride, he told me that there are two different types; the "regular" and the "commercial" ones used by danfo buses...he got me a grade A toks of the commercial type, it's two years now and they still look good and the pressure is always intact to my surprise. Sometimes ago I went to guage the tyres, the Vulcanizer specifically begged me to sell the tyres to him whenever I want to replace them, that those danfo guys are always looking for that particular brand. If you're lucky to find a sincere vulacanizer...they can tell you more about tyres.

Chief desist from local vulcanizer. They are all sincere, very sincere to collect your money on a regular basis. Try to visit a real automobile company that sells tires
Re: The Best Tyre For Nigerian Roads by Boss13: 7:26am On Jul 31, 2013
Aliki: I drive a Chevy spacebus, one humble vulcanizer recommended that I buy a "Vanco" brand, when I wanted to buy new set of tyres for the ride, he told me that there are two different types; the "regular" and the "commercial" ones used by danfo buses...he got me a grade A toks of the commercial type, it's two years now and they still look good and the pressure is always intact to my surprise. Sometimes ago I went to guage the tyres, the Vulcanizer specifically begged me to sell the tyres to him whenever I want to replace them, that those danfo guys are always looking for that particular brand. If you're lucky to find a sincere vulacanizer...they can tell you more about tyres.

Chief desist from local vulcanizer. They are all sincere, very sincere to collect your money on a regular basis. Try to visit a real automobile company that sells tires. For those advocating for Grade A or Grade B tires. Please there is nothing as Grade A or Grade B tokunbo or whatever, it is either used or new. The Grade comes in from sincere vulcanizers trying to scheme you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Best Tyre For Nigerian Roads by abenabisa: 7:36am On Jul 31, 2013
Photos: Miss University Nigeria 2013 contestants, who will you pick? see here >> http://www.iafrica.tv/?p=21022
Re: The Best Tyre For Nigerian Roads by jodeci(m): 7:52am On Jul 31, 2013
Chynx: The cost varies from brand to brand and again is a function of rim size. I got my Bridgestone (Japan) rim 16 tyres in 2011 for 26k each (104k in total).
Tyres u can trust:
1. Michelin
2. Bridgestone (Japan)
3. Pirelli
4. Continental Contour
5. Goodyear
6. Yokohama
6. Hankook isn't bad too
If uve got d pay, settle for original Michelin or Bridgestone (Japan). You will never regret it.

thanks bro.
Re: The Best Tyre For Nigerian Roads by Dermie: 8:34am On Jul 31, 2013
Bantino: The two you mentioned are ok, just make sure you check the manufacture date before buying.
+ expiry date grin
Re: The Best Tyre For Nigerian Roads by donsola(m): 9:00am On Jul 31, 2013
Champiro tires are also quite on point tho...
Re: The Best Tyre For Nigerian Roads by titiakins: 12:44pm On Jul 31, 2013
Japanese Tyres are very good
Re: The Best Tyre For Nigerian Roads by adebayd(m): 3:05pm On Jul 31, 2013
nija80: if you have the cash,go for Michelin or bridgestone.there a lot of rubbish out there.
Yes, if money is available Michelin is the best also bridgestone is good alternative. Please note: Speed Kills.
Re: The Best Tyre For Nigerian Roads by jpphilips(m): 4:11pm On Jul 31, 2013
Chynx: The cost varies from brand to brand and again is a function of rim size. I got my Bridgestone (Japan) rim 16 tyres in 2011 for 26k each (104k in total).
Tyres u can trust:
1. Michelin
2. Bridgestone (Japan)
3. Pirelli
4. Continental Contour
5. Goodyear
6. Yokohama
6. Hankook isn't bad too

kumho and prolly Hankook are korea, stay away from it. most hyundai and kia brands come default with them, better remove it and replace Asap for your own safety.
those tires aint meant for Nigerian roads

1 Like

Re: The Best Tyre For Nigerian Roads by cecegorz(m): 2:06pm On Aug 09, 2013
D.
Re: The Best Tyre For Nigerian Roads by cecegorz(m): 2:08pm On Aug 09, 2013
I don't know about SUVs but I am currently using MAXXIS P205/65 R15 for like 18months now and I've never had it flat for even a day.
I bought the 4 tires during the Lagos int'l trade fair of Nov '11 @12k each.
The most important thing is to buy your tires from the genuine importer with warranty
. So many fakes out there.
Re: The Best Tyre For Nigerian Roads by rex2: 12:00pm On Aug 19, 2013
Getting most of these tyres are quite hard as I learnt they clean some of the names and rebrand here. Also as anyone heard of Achilles (its made in Indonesia). Or any advice on where to get the original tyres - probably continental / firestone or any mid class tyres
Re: The Best Tyre For Nigerian Roads by Cyberknight: 10:19am On Aug 29, 2013
People slam the Aisan brands a lot as compared to the market leaders (Pirelli, Continental, Dunlop, Michelin, etc.), but I bought a set of tyres called Thunderer (a Thai brand) brand new at 11k in 2011 and they've really held up very well indeed.
Re: The Best Tyre For Nigerian Roads by FiftyFifty(m): 9:22am On Sep 01, 2013
I don‘t mean to derail d discussion which is educating indeed. My car came with a factory fitted 205/55/R16, can I change to 205/65/R16? Thanks in anticipation.
Re: The Best Tyre For Nigerian Roads by defhenry(m): 11:56am On Sep 01, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Aromas:

Bros u get car?
Re: The Best Tyre For Nigerian Roads by Trac: 2:50am On Sep 26, 2013
sooper rescue: As an automobile repair practitioner, I will suggest you dont go for brands, just lookout for the tyres suitable for Nigerian roads. For your Suv which brand and model is not stated, Buy any tyre with a V speed rating. Even Starfire, Innoson or Appollo, as long as they are V, then they are suitable for Nigeria. Michelin and Pirelli comes with all season tyres and reduced speed capability. The issue on burst tyres on our roads is mostly caused by fitting tyres that are not suitable for Nigerian roads. The Kogi State Governor's road accident was caused by a burst tyre and when a car gets to a certain speed and the tyre does not support that speed, it either melts or burst while on motion. Most Brands of Mercedes and BMW are fitted with Y, Z or ZR and you will find out that these tyres are not even sold here in Nigeria. My Jeep has W speed rating and they are tokunbo tyres and date of manufacture is 2011. I rather buy used tyres than buy new substandard tyres.

The ratings you refer to is for 20 minutes of kinematic loadings at upper capability (max potential). After 20 minutes (at "combined" maximum speed rating), the tyres are not good for the maximum speed-load listed, then you are looking for trouble. The ratings are based on 20 minutes cyclic loadings. V-R tyres wear out quickly than the H's and I believe this is a determining-factor for many when it comes to making a choice.
Re: The Best Tyre For Nigerian Roads by KA24DETT(m): 11:03pm On Oct 27, 2013
Tyres u can trust:
1. Michelin
2. Bridgestone (Japan)
3. Pirelli
4. Continental Contour
5. Goodyear
6. Yokohama
6. Hankook isn't bad too
If uve got d pay, settle for original Michelin or Bridgestone (Japan).

Dude, How did you come up with that ranking u just pulled it up?. U guys never cease to amaze me. When u buy a tire, check the manufacture date, tires more than 6 years old are a safety hazard.
Re: The Best Tyre For Nigerian Roads by auhanson(m): 11:01pm On Oct 28, 2013
Go for 6 pliers tyres, you wont regret it, even at old no new tyres can stand it . It can withstand any kind of speed and road condition too because of its thick durable skin. It was built to last. I use them all year round in my cars, bought as fairly use and they never bursted or mishap on the road for once unlike some of the so called brand new tyres, though they are quite heavy- but safety is paramount. If i dnt see 6 pliers i dnt buy , whether new or fairly use, this is my testimony.
Re: The Best Tyre For Nigerian Roads by Milito: 10:08am On Nov 28, 2013
Eyop: Go to Bridgestone Office at Iyana Isolo at Apapa oshodi express way and you sure will get a good tyre there at an affordable price. When you purchase your tyre there,they will fix it and do a computer wheel balancing and alignment for you there free of charge.

Hello. Kindly give a more detailed direction of how to get to the bridgestone office at Iyana Isolo, I'm not very familiar wt tht area and I want to replace my tyres wt original. Also pls do u hv an idea of the cost of each 195/65R15 tyre.

Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lexus IS250 Driver Tries To Race Mercedes CLS63 AMG In Abuja, Crashes(video) / Man Hangs ₦540million Super Car From The Ceiling Of His Apartment In U.S.(Photo) / These 4 Expensive Cars Abandoned On Nigeria Roads Cost 1.2 Billion Naira

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.