Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,835 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:07 AM

Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? (33629 Views)

Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. / What Did Pope Francis Really Mean By "Who Am I To Judge Gay People"? / Why Do Africans Hate Gay People So Much? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by Pygru: 1:26pm On Jul 29, 2013
The Pope's position on gay people appears to contrast with that of his predecessors.

Pope Francis has said gay people should not be judged or marginalised.
Speaking to reporters on a flight back from Brazil, he said: "If a person is gay and seeks God and has good will, who am I to judge him?"
The Pope's remarks are being seen as much more conciliatory than his predecessor's position on the issue.
Turning to the issue of women priests, he said the Church had spoken and had said"no", but the role of women should not be restricted.
"We cannot limit the role of women in the Church to altar girls or the president of a charity, there must be more," he said in a wide-ranging interview with Vatican journalists.
Five months after he took over from Pope Benedict, he said gay people should be fully accepted in society.
""The Catechism of the Catholic Church explains this very well," Pope Francis said.
"It says they should not be marginalised because of this but that they must be integrated into society."
But he condemned what he described as lobbying by gay people.
"The problem is not having this orientation," he said. "We must be brothers. The problem is lobbying by this orientation, or lobbies of greedy people, political lobbies, Masonic lobbies, so many lobbies. This is the worse problem."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-23489702

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 1:28pm On Jul 29, 2013
dying religion trying to cling on.

9 Likes

Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by FOLYKAZE(m): 1:32pm On Jul 29, 2013
Christianity is loosing it...........lol

11 Likes

Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by stylesco: 1:41pm On Jul 29, 2013
FOLYKAZE: Christianity is loosing it...........lol

I agree.
Its quite sad.

2 Likes

Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by Indifferent(m): 1:45pm On Jul 29, 2013
I'm a catholic but someone should tell pope to shut up.
I go soon carry vex join mountain of high tension. Oku!

24 Likes

Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 1:48pm On Jul 29, 2013
Indifferent: I'm a catholic but someone should tell pope to shut up.

If you think the white pope gives a damn about what you think, you must be high on something.

14 Likes

Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by FOLYKAZE(m): 1:59pm On Jul 29, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

If you think the white pope gives a Bleep about what you think, you must be high on something.

Whatever my opinion on the Vatican and Christianity, pope got my respect.

6 Likes

Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by italo: 2:01pm On Jul 29, 2013

How?

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by italo: 2:04pm On Jul 29, 2013
Indifferent: I'm a catholic but someone should tell pope to shut the fuk up.

You are aware that he backed up what he said with the Catechism of the Catholic Church, arent you?

4 Likes

Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by ednut1(m): 2:17pm On Jul 29, 2013
End times pple where una dey, d pope is truly sick, next he will support rapist nd killers cos dey seek d face of God, rubbish, POPE IDOITA

9 Likes

Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by Nobody: 2:57pm On Jul 29, 2013

Christianity is not loosing it... Vatican HAS lost it.

41 Likes

Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by Syncan(m): 2:58pm On Jul 29, 2013
italo:

You are aware that he backed up what he said with the Catechism of the Catholic Church, arent you?

Exactly. The church never teaches discrimination against them, She rather sees their taste as a grave disorder, yet She encourages them to seek the face of the lord, whose grace can make all things good. Yea its unfortunate when someone finds his or her sexual taste biased in that manner, the church sympathises with such a one, but calls him or her to a higher spiritual effort. The pope however, in line with the church, frowns at any propagation of a disorder as if it is right. This is what the lobbyists do.

97 Likes

Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by princesammmy: 3:51pm On Jul 29, 2013
na wa o
Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by italo: 3:58pm On Jul 29, 2013
ednut1: End times pple where una dey, d pope is truly sick, next he will support rapist nd killers cos dey seek d face of God, rubbish, POPE IDOITA

What in his statement dont you agree with?
Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by italo: 3:59pm On Jul 29, 2013
ledafaze:

Christianity is not loosing it... Vatican HAS lost it.

How?

3 Likes

Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by Nobody: 4:41pm On Jul 29, 2013
When you keep silence while being aware of an evil being planned and you did not protest nor voice out, you become a part and parcel of such acts.

4 Likes

Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by timpaker(m): 4:42pm On Jul 29, 2013
MISCONCEPTION
Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by zappyj(m): 4:42pm On Jul 29, 2013
This one no be signs of end time again...

The END TIME is here!!!

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by Ezennaemeka1(m): 4:43pm On Jul 29, 2013
This is freaking suprising. Hope the prophecy isn't true.

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by mylifeisagift(m): 4:47pm On Jul 29, 2013
Eze nnaemeka: This is freaking suprising. Hope the prophecy isn't true.
What prophesy now?
Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by Sijo01(f): 4:47pm On Jul 29, 2013
If he actually said this, he is helding to joining gay couples in his church soonest.
Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by mascot87(m): 4:47pm On Jul 29, 2013
I am very sure most nairalanders would misinterpret what the pope is trying to insinuate cos of lack of wisdom understanding his simple statement.Already I am seeing some bigoted illiterates making statements that makes me wonder why some ignoramus bigocony continue to reason with there nose rather than calming down, digest and think deeply on what the Pope is trying to say using there brains. angry
Most people would make silly statements just because they don't believe in the ideology of the Catholic church.Most people are hardcore Religiolistic and tribalistic in nature.

31 Likes

Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jul 29, 2013
only those who think they have the right to judge others would condemn the Pope's remark or gay people...

9 Likes

Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by Cocodiva: 4:47pm On Jul 29, 2013
What is worse than committing a sin is proudly defending it or looking for a way to present it as the right thing.

6 Likes

Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by jamp: 4:47pm On Jul 29, 2013
what am seeing here is different from what CNN reported.

its obvious nairaland owners are anti catholic, always looking for one thing to attack the church.

every sunday they post Adeboye and other pastors messages on front page but cannot post catholic stuff on front page. if its not mary then is purgatory or pope or anti christ.

THE GATES OF HELL WILL NOT PREVAIL AGAINST THE CHURCH ......................QED

77 Likes

Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by sexymoma(f): 4:47pm On Jul 29, 2013
We aren't telling you to judge them, but at least some preaching might make little changes.

3 Likes

Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by goldenval(m): 4:47pm On Jul 29, 2013
Some people do not understand proverbs at all... What our Pope is trying to teach us is that " once gay people seeks the face of God almighty and do his good will, meaning repentance from the act through the grace of God almighty and God forgives, who is he to judge?
Remember a story about Paul in the bible who was killing christians just like Boko Haram but one day God arrested him, he repented and God made him one of his apostle.

What about Mary Magdalene whom people like you here nearly stoned to death because she was a prostitute but our Lord Jesus saved her and she repented. Today she is in heaven.

All these people mentioned here, are they different from gay people?

Boko haram people kills but does gay people do the same?

Please what we all need is prayer for them because tomorrow, one of us might bear a child that might become a gay and if that happens, what would you now do?

Pope is 100% right and I guess those kids here that drop out of school should keep quite here!!!.

47 Likes

Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by anataala: 4:48pm On Jul 29, 2013
Because he is one of them, but the religion he claim he is representing have stated their punishment
Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by Obinoscopy(m): 4:48pm On Jul 29, 2013
I just love this pope

5 Likes

Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by PStacks(m): 4:48pm On Jul 29, 2013
Guush mehn!
I saw this thing on BBC and I was disappointed.

Different Popes different stance in one Religion..

All ya religious people how you all doing..

I expect to watch fight and argument on nairaland bai.. Oya gbagan.. Round one.. Fight..

Muslims, you can come and laff and amuse yourselves at xtains fighting against each other, that is not to say when Muslins too would be fighting themselves xtains won't laff ooo and that is not to say Xtains and muslims won't still have a Seperate fight later ooo,

But atleast its been bashing of Muslims since Senator Yerima's Childs-bride issues, nao let the Pope cause his own fracas for Bashing of xtains..

Religion is truly The Opium of the people..

We can Abolish Religion..
Yes we can..

5 Likes

Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by NeuroBoss(m): 4:48pm On Jul 29, 2013
Catholicism, Papacy and The Religion of Mary is losing it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Demonic Covenant Associated With Visa Lottery / Catholic Church Reacts To Father Mbaka's Controversial Political Statement / Masquerade Pictured Holding A Bible And Crucifix

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.