Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:54 AM

Seun Kuti Is Happy, He Is An Atheist - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Seun Kuti Is Happy, He Is An Atheist (17151 Views)

Photo: Seun Kuti Mocks The Redeemed Christian Church Of God / How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? / Is Happy Good Friday A Correct Saying? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Seun Kuti Is Happy, He Is An Atheist by FOLYKAZE(m): 5:58pm On Jul 29, 2013
The Afrobeat singer began his week on a reflective note. He wrote on his facebook wall…

“The only religion in Africa with a unified doctrine is the traditional african religion and yet it is the evil one. The imported religion do not even accept among themselves what their god says to do or don’t do and they’re the good guys. I am happy I am an atheist!”

Seun is reported to be expecting a child with long time girlfriend; Yetunde Ademiluyi. Yetunde who happens to be one of his dancers is the grand daughter of a prominent Lagos monarch. She has been in Seun’s Egypt 80 band, for over five years.

Do you agree he made a point in his quote?

source : http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/07/i-am-happy-im-an-atheist-says-seun-kuti/

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Seun Kuti Is Happy, He Is An Atheist by Nobody: 10:00pm On Jul 29, 2013
He sure did.

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti Is Happy, He Is An Atheist by bolaino(m): 8:46am On Jul 30, 2013
He made a point, I like his stance on transparency, but his likes give atheists (who already have a bad name) a bad name, christians would say, "we expected him to not believe in God, look at his lifestyle,"

6 Likes

Re: Seun Kuti Is Happy, He Is An Atheist by Nobody: 9:46am On Jul 30, 2013
bolaino: He made a point, I like his stance on transparency, but his likes give atheists (who already have a bad name) a bad name, christians would say, "we expected him to not believe in God, look at his lifestyle,"

What is wrong with his lifestyle?

Abeg, Seun Kuti, carry go!

16 Likes

Re: Seun Kuti Is Happy, He Is An Atheist by Nobody: 10:03am On Jul 30, 2013
bolaino: He made a point, I like his stance on transparency, but his likes give atheists (who already have a bad name) a bad name, christians would say, "we expected him to not believe in God, look at his lifestyle,"

A bad name, how?

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti Is Happy, He Is An Atheist by GeneralShepherd(m): 1:40pm On Jul 30, 2013
I wonder when Alfa S will join the fray...
Re: Seun Kuti Is Happy, He Is An Atheist by GeneralShepherd(m): 1:40pm On Jul 30, 2013
Logicboy03:

What is wrong with his lifestyle?

Abeg, Seun Kuti, carry go!

The Knight of Atheism...I see you son.

2 Likes

Re: Seun Kuti Is Happy, He Is An Atheist by TeenageMoney(m): 1:41pm On Jul 30, 2013
Who ask am Attention Seekers

5 Likes

Re: Seun Kuti Is Happy, He Is An Atheist by Nobody: 1:42pm On Jul 30, 2013
I like african tradition, but I'll never worship a hand carved god, which seems to be part of it.
Btw So @ his age he is not married. Also on Seun,
Can someone pls tell that woman that's a judge on Nigerian idol that she's too crude. She's a lady, but she tends to speak so loudly and act like (sorry to say) a tout. I watched it once and her carriage was not graceful @ all

5 Likes

Re: Seun Kuti Is Happy, He Is An Atheist by Akshow: 1:43pm On Jul 30, 2013
Teenage Money: Who ask am Attention Seekers
how is he seeking attention by saying his mind on a tweeter page? i dont know why anyone should get worked up by his choice. its his life his choice and nobody's business.

7 Likes

Re: Seun Kuti Is Happy, He Is An Atheist by 0m0nnakoda: 1:43pm On Jul 30, 2013
Tell us about the life style of "christians"..........
Most Nigerians are either christian or moslem as as Fela said dem dey do bad bad tins thru Jesus Christ our Lord!.Hypocrites all of them

13 Likes

Re: Seun Kuti Is Happy, He Is An Atheist by GeneralShepherd(m): 1:43pm On Jul 30, 2013
Ada Nri1: So @ his age he is not married.
Can someone also tell that girl that's a judge on nigerian idol that she's too crude. She's a lady, but she tends to speak so loudly and act like (sorry to say) a tout

If being unmarried makes him happy,why project your expectations on him?

9 Likes

Re: Seun Kuti Is Happy, He Is An Atheist by rezzy: 1:45pm On Jul 30, 2013
Life na par head. That na him concern.

3 Likes

Re: Seun Kuti Is Happy, He Is An Atheist by alaoeri: 1:46pm On Jul 30, 2013
Ada Nri1: So @ his age he is not married.
Can someone also tell that girl that's a judge on nigerian idol that she's too crude. She's a lady, but she tends to speak so loudly and act like (sorry to say) a tout
Seun is different from Femi, guess u referring to the Nigerian Idol's judge which Femi & not seun.
Re: Seun Kuti Is Happy, He Is An Atheist by FOLYKAZE(m): 1:46pm On Jul 30, 2013
Teenage Money: Who ask am Attention Seekers

How is another person happiness your problem? He said he is happy to be an atheist.....why beefing?

If you like, end your bored life been a foreign slave......it your cup of tea

8 Likes

Re: Seun Kuti Is Happy, He Is An Atheist by Nobody: 1:46pm On Jul 30, 2013
Like who cares? You can be Illuminati for all you want... WE DO NOT CARE. CHRISTIANITY ALL THE WAY...

10 Likes

Re: Seun Kuti Is Happy, He Is An Atheist by Nobody: 1:47pm On Jul 30, 2013
I still don't know how the Whites did it then. Our forefathers have a lot to explain to us.

4 Likes

Re: Seun Kuti Is Happy, He Is An Atheist by moscobabs(m): 1:47pm On Jul 30, 2013
na hin own problem bi dat
Re: Seun Kuti Is Happy, He Is An Atheist by Nobody: 1:48pm On Jul 30, 2013
I dont no wat 2 say am not some NL fools dat wil not kno wat to say stil dey wil comment...no need of wasting my mb.

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti Is Happy, He Is An Atheist by TeenageMoney(m): 1:48pm On Jul 30, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

How is another person happiness your problem? He said he is happy to be an atheist.....why beefing?

If you like, end your bored life been a foreign slave......it your cup of tea

And How does My Question Affect You Low Life Uncultured Pig?

Why Not take The time you used out of your Retarded Life in Replying me to do better things?
Re: Seun Kuti Is Happy, He Is An Atheist by Nobody: 1:52pm On Jul 30, 2013
GeneralShepherd:

If being unmarried makes him happy,why project your expectations on him?
but he's bringing forth into this world an "out-of-wedlock" (illegitimate) child. Its not fair on the child.

3 Likes

Re: Seun Kuti Is Happy, He Is An Atheist by Nobody: 1:54pm On Jul 30, 2013
alaoeri:
Seun is different from Femi, guess u referring to the Nigerian Idol's judge which Femi & not seun.
yes. My mistake. The name Kuti rang a bell.
Re: Seun Kuti Is Happy, He Is An Atheist by ReubenAbati: 1:55pm On Jul 30, 2013
exxell: Like who cares? You can be Illuminati for all you want... WE DO NOT CARE. CHRISTIANITY ALL THE WAY...

Mumus will never learn.

6 Likes

Re: Seun Kuti Is Happy, He Is An Atheist by tantita(m): 1:56pm On Jul 30, 2013
I jst pray mk al u atheist dude no jam some kind woski warri robbers some day bcus d kind prayer/cabashin una go do dt day even mountain of fire men go Luke like apprentice sef.meanwhile suen ur on ur own o.

3 Likes

Re: Seun Kuti Is Happy, He Is An Atheist by Brymo: 1:56pm On Jul 30, 2013
[s][/s] checking my head.
Re: Seun Kuti Is Happy, He Is An Atheist by nkpommpko(m): 1:57pm On Jul 30, 2013
Like father and almost like son
Re: Seun Kuti Is Happy, He Is An Atheist by darichlife: 1:59pm On Jul 30, 2013
Who are we to Judge you for waht you are shocked
Re: Seun Kuti Is Happy, He Is An Atheist by coolestboy(m): 2:01pm On Jul 30, 2013
Am nt disappointed, lyk father lyk pikin..
Re: Seun Kuti Is Happy, He Is An Atheist by trent9002(m): 2:04pm On Jul 30, 2013
Good for him!
Re: Seun Kuti Is Happy, He Is An Atheist by Lordave: 2:05pm On Jul 30, 2013
Yea I'm happy too cool
Re: Seun Kuti Is Happy, He Is An Atheist by Riskymallam: 2:14pm On Jul 30, 2013
He can be an Atheist, it doesn't mean there is no God that's his choice.

Enough with all this "White man brought Christianity to Africa Buullcrap".

As for me, I remain a theist. #Shikena

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Do People Hate The Bible So Much? / Differences Between Demonic Initiation And Christian Spiritual Awakening / Atheists, Agnostics, Deists And Liberals And Freethinkers Lets Meet Here.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.