Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,652 members, 7,801,899 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:47 AM

The Best Age To Start Having Babies. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Best Age To Start Having Babies. (10647 Views)

Poll: Best age for child-bearing:

15-17: 3% (5 votes)
18-20: 3% (5 votes)
21-23: 12% (20 votes)
24-26: 48% (78 votes)
27-29: 23% (38 votes)
30-32: 5% (8 votes)
33-35: 2% (4 votes)
36-38: 0% (0 votes)
39-41: 0% (0 votes)
42-44: 0% (0 votes)
45-47: 0% (0 votes)
48-50: 1% (2 votes)
This poll has ended

What Is The Appropriate Age To Register A Child In School? / Right Age To Get Married As A Guy! / So, Some Nigerian Women Are Still Having Babies Out Of Wedlock This Day And Age (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Best Age To Start Having Babies. by LadyB(f): 12:33pm On May 26, 2006
Nowdays women are more career orientated. With the university education, and the building of a career. She is focus and determined to get to the top. Because of these , some ladies choose to marry now and postpone the baby making for later. some ladies just postpone the marriage alltogether. Andofcourse we are all aware of the health factor align with age and and starting of a family.

For a young lady , thats very career conscious. And one who feel the need to get settled into marriage and have a family. What would be the best age range that would be advisable for her to get marry and have children?
Re: The Best Age To Start Having Babies. by charlisco(m): 12:49pm On May 26, 2006
from my own point of view,
When she think she can'nt control her sexual emotion, that is the time i think a lady is due for marriage, in order to prevent her for committing sin
Re: The Best Age To Start Having Babies. by LadyB(f): 1:33pm On May 26, 2006
@charlisco

so when a 15 yrs old girl cannot control her sexual emotion. marriage is the solution. And that would prevent her from committing a sin.

INTERESTING
Re: The Best Age To Start Having Babies. by Rhodalyn(f): 1:36pm On May 26, 2006
i wonna have my babies right after i get married i mean im going to start the action the night i get married and the baby follows 9 months after is it?? grin

yeap! thats it and i wonna get married when im 26! kiss kiss have  my baby at 26! grin
Re: The Best Age To Start Having Babies. by Rhodalyn(f): 1:37pm On May 26, 2006
charlisco:

from my own point of view,
When she think she can'nt control her sexual emotion, that is the time i think a lady is due for marriage, in order to prevent her for committing sin
shocked shocked shocked God! some point of view! shocked shocked shocked just as ladyB said interesting!
Re: The Best Age To Start Having Babies. by bluenubian(f): 2:59pm On May 26, 2006
i know i wont have any till at least 27
Re: The Best Age To Start Having Babies. by Eastcoast(f): 3:00pm On May 26, 2006
According to a research i read a few weeks ago, children of teenage mothers tend to live very long.
Re: The Best Age To Start Having Babies. by bluenubian(f): 3:03pm On May 26, 2006
hmm eastcaost, well lets toast to that tongue
Re: The Best Age To Start Having Babies. by charlisco(m): 4:18pm On May 26, 2006

@LadyB
so when a 15 years old girl cannot control her sexual emotion. marriage is the solution. And that would prevent her from committing a sin.

yes that is the solution
Her husband will be using condem to Zap her, so that he does not get pregenant, but that aspect of sexual sin will no longer be committed by the girl in question
Re: The Best Age To Start Having Babies. by ono(m): 4:20pm On May 26, 2006
Eastcoast:

According to a research i read a few weeks ago, children of teenage mothers tend to live very long.

Hmnnn. I have been looking around for a while too about this. Your statement just confirmed what I have been thinking all this while.
Re: The Best Age To Start Having Babies. by mamaput(f): 5:36pm On May 26, 2006
charlisco:

yes that is the solution
Her husband will be using condem to Zap her, so that he does not get pregenant, but that aspect of sexual sin will no longer be committed by the girl in question
And how old is this husband that is married to a child,
There is a very dirty name for that kind of man P e d o p h i l e
Re: The Best Age To Start Having Babies. by Bright2(m): 8:24pm On May 26, 2006
Well think 25-28 is ok, 28-30,injury time 4 de ladies but 4 de men,as we all know can have more time beyond dis.
Re: The Best Age To Start Having Babies. by 4Play(m): 8:31pm On May 26, 2006
13.Think of it, u will have finished raising children in ur 30s
Re: The Best Age To Start Having Babies. by lunafish(f): 12:01am On May 27, 2006
when: She's permanently employed with a good income, educated, responsible, has a stable and commited relationship with a man and has mental stability and maturity. Whatever age she is THEN- when she wants to.
Re: The Best Age To Start Having Babies. by my2cents(m): 5:35am On May 27, 2006
Research has shown that women, in the US, who choose career over family, end up making more money than those in the vice-versa situation.

Having said that, my advice to the ladies out there, based on my experiences, is to not plan for a baby per se. Just let it happen. When you plan for it, there is a lot of pressure and as those who live in the US for example can attest, there is so much stress that you can literally miscarry over and over or miss "unsafe" periods altogether. Besides, not all plans go through as planned. I planned to get married at 25. I ended up getting married 4 years later.

Just pray that God should give you a child at his own time, based on your goals in life. If that is 15, so be it. Remember, at least in my opinion, there is so much rampant sex cos pple delay getting married while their sexual desires aren't reducing one bit, especially not with what we see around us on TV et al.

I hope this helps
Re: The Best Age To Start Having Babies. by Nosu(m): 10:35am On May 27, 2006
@ladyb,
The first things in any relationship, is for some basic things to be thrash out ie agreement, because two can't walk together except they agree before going into marriage and everything still depends on ur age.if age is not on ur side get marriage but before then, u and ur partner should agree on what time u want ur babies and u go for family planning. u can hv ur babies in an interval of three or more year depending on ur agreement
Re: The Best Age To Start Having Babies. by mamaput(f): 11:16am On May 27, 2006
I think one has to end up also planning how many children are planned.
Re: The Best Age To Start Having Babies. by Hotstepper(f): 6:41pm On May 27, 2006
i want to start at 26/27 because i would love 2 get married at 26, 2 think of it, itz just around da corner

1 Like

Re: The Best Age To Start Having Babies. by mukina2: 6:45pm On May 27, 2006
when i get married that wud between 25 to 27
Re: The Best Age To Start Having Babies. by kimba(m): 8:15pm On May 27, 2006
@Charlisco,
@LadyB
so when a 15 years old girl cannot control her sexual emotion. marriage is the solution. And that would prevent her from committing a sin.

yes that is the solution
If it was Mr. Filch that said that, i wont be surprised, but sir, which one is this sexual sin. And what kind of demon jumps on a 15year old that she cant control herself. And the husband of this uncontrollable-15year old? is he controllable too? or both of them have the same problem.

Better still advice her to keep her legs closed. She could go for spiritual help, if the case gets out of hand,
---------------

My brother told me that Children born by ladies between 18-21 usually have a high IQ, and that the IQ level actually decreases the older the woman is. Its not absolute though, but its a high probability.
Re: The Best Age To Start Having Babies. by Genial(m): 8:26pm On May 27, 2006
@ Kimba:

Interesting theory (the age of mother vs. IQ of child thing).

I was born when my mother was in her mid-thirties. What does that imply about my IQ?

grin grin grin
Re: The Best Age To Start Having Babies. by Genial(m): 8:27pm On May 27, 2006
Looks like I'm one of the exceptions to the theory!

grin  grin

Anyway. . . it is believed to be safer for both the mother and child if the mother has all her children before her late thirties. There may be a higher risk of congenital conditions for the child and pregnancy complications for the mother after this time.

Advances in medical science have led (are leading, and will lead) to better medicare and prenatal diagnosis of these genetic conditions in the unborn fetus, with the possibility of correcting or 'pre-empting' them.

It is also not advisable for women to bear children before the age of 16, or before full pelvic growth has been achieved. Child birth by women with under-developed hips are attended by a higher-than-normal risk of VVF - Vesicovaginal Fistula. It's not a nice condition.

Childbirth by women of relatively advanced ages will possibly be a non-issue in the forseeable future; they will be able to have children at any age (after sexual maturity) with little risk to the mother and/or child.
Re: The Best Age To Start Having Babies. by eveseh(f): 4:41pm On May 28, 2006
Re: The Best Age To Start Having Babies. by dominobaby(f): 10:25pm On May 28, 2006
I dnt think there's really any particular age. B4 and after she is married, she and her husband shd discuss it and plan ahead. I personaly want to get married @ 25/26 and my children start immediately, oh yes. At 32, am thru, wit my 3 children.
Re: The Best Age To Start Having Babies. by dominobaby(f): 10:26pm On May 28, 2006
I dnt think there's really any particular age. B4 and after she is married, she and her husband shd discuss it and plan ahead. I personaly want to get married @ 25/26 and my children start immediately, oh yes. At 32, am thru, wit my 3 children.
Re: The Best Age To Start Having Babies. by hotangel2(f): 11:25pm On May 28, 2006
I wanna have kids when im 24/25. Get married 22/23. Yes i want some space before i start coughing out babies.

There's no 'best age' to start having babies. Have babies when u are ready!
Re: The Best Age To Start Having Babies. by Oracle(m): 11:41pm On May 28, 2006
hot-angel:

Yes i want some space before i start coughing out babies.
Did u call it coughing out?
by the time u have a kid u'll know itz not coughing out
itz the act of reproduction or procreation
Re: The Best Age To Start Having Babies. by hotangel2(f): 11:43pm On May 28, 2006
I didnt mean it like THAT.
Re: The Best Age To Start Having Babies. by charlisco(m): 9:33am On May 29, 2006
Wonders dey say shall never end, so people do caugh out babies,
@hot-angel,
I didnt mean it like THAT.

So what made you to make that comment "Caugh out babies"
Re: The Best Age To Start Having Babies. by Genial(m): 12:28pm On May 29, 2006
Easy on her, guys.

I'm quite sure you understand the point she's trying to make, even though you may not agree with the way it came out.
Re: The Best Age To Start Having Babies. by 4Play(m): 12:51pm On May 29, 2006
What's so big about having a baby.Just putting up ur leg while the kid comes out.Much ado about nothing from women.U CAN HAVE IT anytime,I don't see the big deal.If men had babies we wont make such fuss
Re: The Best Age To Start Having Babies. by mamaput(f): 2:31pm On May 29, 2006
charlisco:

Wonders dey say shall never end, so people do caugh out babies,

So what made you to make that comment "Caugh out babies"

That means for me to have them easy without pain and complactions symple as that. I would have said just shit them out.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Two Months After Wedding, No Sex. Help! / Disposable Or Washable Diaper Which Is Better / Please Help! My GOTV Is Starting And Restarting, Customer Care Not Reachable.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.