Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,821 members, 7,798,777 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 10:10 AM

UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home (28974 Views)

We Pay Between 300 - 500 Naira To Enter Nigeria – Illegal Immigrants (Pictured) / Illegal Immigrants In The US Will Be Entitled Citizenship / UK Illegal Immigrants ‘May Get Amnesty To Stay’ – Sky News (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by Afam4eva(m): 11:22am On Jul 30, 2013
AjanleKoko:

I don't think so, at least not in the UK. It would be very difficult for you to hold a white-collar, tax-paying job without legal status. If busted, the company will be in big trouble.
Menial jobs, I don't know what you mean. Apart from common labourer work (I know people who use Chinese migrants in construction), everything else is well-regulated.
Are you insinuating that the illegal aliens in the UK are jobless and idle. if they, how do they survive? And i never made mention of white collar jobs cos i know it's very difficult getting one as an illegal.
Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by justwise(m): 11:27am On Jul 30, 2013
Afam4eva:
The educational system is better than what is obtained in Nigeria. The point people are making here is that UK is not the place one goes to settle. They have ok schools and relics that attracts tourist but as far as settling down in that country, it's a NO NO. Btw, i would never even consider schooling in the UK because i rate the American, Canadian and Irish education higher. UK as a country has become redundant.

You seems to be the only person with this narrow view,the UK embassies around the world still experience long queue of people seeking for visa, so which planet are you living on?

1 Like

Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by Afam4eva(m): 11:30am On Jul 30, 2013
justwise:

You seems to be the only person with this narrow view,the UK embassies around the world still experience long queue of people seeking for visa, so which planet are you living on?
There are also millions of Nigerians in Cameroon, does that mean Cameroon is a bed of roses? People will always go to places they think will change their lives for the better. But whether their lives will change for the better is another kettle of fish. If the UK is a country of opportunities like you would want us to believe then tell us why a lot of NIgerians even the ones with relatively high paying jobs keeps moving back to Nigeria. The UK and the British empire is history. The whole world have moved on the the British are still holding on to the past because there's nothing else to hold on to. The empire is as redundant as they come.
Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by erico2k2(m): 11:35am On Jul 30, 2013
horlabiyi: What's Special In The UK ?
everyone is equall,no power black outs,you can travel anytime day or night in your car,employment is by merit not man know man,rule of law works etc

1 Like

Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by erico2k2(m): 11:38am On Jul 30, 2013
Afam4eva:
There are also millions of Nigerians in Cameroon, does that mean Cameroon is a bed of roses? People will always go to places they think will change their lives for the better. But whether their lives will change for the better is another kettle of fish. If the UK is a country of opportunities like you would want us to believe then tell us why a lot of NIgerians even the ones with relatively high paying jobs keeps moving back to Nigeria. The UK and the British empire is history. The whole world have moved on the the British are still holding on to the past because there's nothing else to hold on to. The empire is as redundant as they come.
you seriosly need to read more books,when was the last time the british Empire rule the UK?DAMN you are 50 yrs behind
Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by Afam4eva(m): 11:38am On Jul 30, 2013
erico2k2:
you seriosly need to read more books,when was the last time the british Empire rule the UK?DAMN you are 50 yrs behind
Read my post again. This time s-l-o-w-l-y.
Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by justwise(m): 11:41am On Jul 30, 2013
Afam4eva:

You really need to travel a bit, you are still living in 1908. You don't sound like somebody who know jack about the UK
Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by Afam4eva(m): 11:43am On Jul 30, 2013
justwise:
[/b]
You really need to travel a bit, you are still living in 1908. You don't sound like somebody who know jack about the UK
You can dispute my claim instead of coming up with this whole "You really need to travel". You've still not answered my question. Why are Nigerians in the UK coming back in their drives if the UK is as sweet as you'd want us to believe.
Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by AjanleKoko: 11:45am On Jul 30, 2013
Afam4eva:
You can dispute my claim instead of coming up with this whole "You really need to travel". You've still not answered my question. Why are Nigerians in the UK coming back in their drives if the UK is as sweet as you'd want us to believe.

Well, Afam . . . the truth is, it's easier for them to come back to Nigeria, than for you to up and migrate to the UK.
That alone should tell you something.

1 Like

Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by Afam4eva(m): 11:46am On Jul 30, 2013
AjanleKoko:

Well, Afam . . . the truth is, it's easier for them to come back to Nigeria, than for you to up and migrate to the UK.
Pls be lucid.
Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by Nobody: 11:47am On Jul 30, 2013
Afam4eva:
The educational system is better than what is obtained in Nigeria. The point people are making here is that UK is not the place one goes to settle. They have ok schools and relics that attracts tourist but as far as settling down in that country, it's a NO NO. Btw, i would never even consider schooling in the UK because i rate the American, Canadian and Irish education higher. UK as a country has become redundant.

This is will qualify as my joke for the day grin grin grin grin Grand delusions!

Is this also why you think Wimbledon is not a prestigious grand slam?!
Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by Afam4eva(m): 11:48am On Jul 30, 2013
naijababe:

This is will qualify as my joke for the day grin grin grin grin Grand delusions!

Is this also why you think Wimbledon is not prestigious as grand slam?! grin
The UK has been left behind by the world. There's very little to celebrate in that country.
Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by AjanleKoko: 11:48am On Jul 30, 2013
Afam4eva:
Pls be lucid.

I'm sure you can't be that dim. Haba, I am sure you understand what I mean.
Which one is easier to do for a Nigerian? Return to Nigeria from the UK, or relocate from Nigeria to the UK?
Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by Nobody: 11:48am On Jul 30, 2013
Afam4eva:
The UK has been left behind by the world. There's very little to celebrate in that country.

Have you ever been to the UK?
Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by 50calibre(m): 11:49am On Jul 30, 2013
Afam4eva:
Gbam...Most people i know are only going there to school after which they remove their shoes and take off. It even makes better sense living in a lot of African countries than the UK. The UK is dead.

Mr Afam don't you think this your constant and relentless criticism of the UK is becoming a little childish?

Although I do agree with a few things you've said about the UK, most of the others are gibberish and you know it. I myself can point out loads of things I feel is wrong with the UK, but it gets to a point where criticism transcends into hate and malice.

I've told you before to say what your (very obvious) grievances are with the UK, but you won't. Say what your problem is and you never know who might be of help.

1 Like

Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by Afam4eva(m): 11:49am On Jul 30, 2013
AjanleKoko:

I'm sure you can't be that dim. Haba, I am sure you understand what I mean.
Which one is easier to do for a Nigerian? Return to Nigeria from the UK, or relocate from Nigeria to the UK?

And when did i discuss with you that i want to relocate to the UK. You must think everyone is that desperate. Keep worshiping the ground that the queen walks on on. It's your choice.

2 Likes

Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by erico2k2(m): 11:50am On Jul 30, 2013
justwise:

Its profitable but risky to employ illegal immigrants because the company will pay them below minimum wage and avoid paying NI to the govt.
False, some people are illegal and work in teh NHS(fact)
Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by Afam4eva(m): 11:50am On Jul 30, 2013
naijababe:

I forbid it in Jesus name.
Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by AjanleKoko: 11:50am On Jul 30, 2013
naijababe:

You need to see threads where Afam is yarning about Canada, USA, South Africa, etc. grin cheesy
Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by Nobody: 11:51am On Jul 30, 2013
Hilarious grin
Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by Afam4eva(m): 11:51am On Jul 30, 2013
50calibre:

Mr Afam don't you think this your constant and relentless criticism of the UK is becoming a little childish?

Although I do agree with a few things you've said about the UK, most of the others are gibberish and you know it. I myself can point out loads of things I feel is wrong with the UK, but it gets to a point where criticism transcends into hate and malice.

I've told you before to say what your (very obvious) grievances are with the UK, but you won't. Say what your problem is and you never know who might be of help.
So, you live in the UK too? Were you not the one that was calling for the head of the queen in another thread? I really don't understand where you stand. It's either you're in or you're out. There's no in-between.
Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by Nobody: 11:52am On Jul 30, 2013
justwise:

Yes but without their passports you can't deport them, many destroy or hide their passports away from the house, getting TC from embassies is not easy as many embassies are not in a hurry to corporate with UKBA

Lol true. They end up running most times grin
Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by Afam4eva(m): 11:55am On Jul 30, 2013
On another note, i will appeal to the Jonathan government to put in measures in place to reintegrate the UK deportees into the system so that they don't constitute a nuisance to the Nigerian society. We don't want an increase in crime.
Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by Nobody: 11:57am On Jul 30, 2013
Well, that is conservative leadership for you, they have always been anti immigration! So its not surprising! Labor party is the opposite:
Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by erico2k2(m): 11:59am On Jul 30, 2013
Afam4eva:
Read my post again. This time s-l-o-w-l-y.
I just did and let me add,you are talking about Empre, does the queen still rule the UK? aint the Uk in Democracy?like someone rightly said here, Im struggling to understand you man like seriously
Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by Afam4eva(m): 12:01pm On Jul 30, 2013
erico2k2:
I just did and let me add,you are talking about Empre, does the queen still rule the UK? aint the Uk in Democracy?like someone rightly said here, Im struggling to understand you man like seriously
Then ignore the empire part and stick with the UK. I'm not the one who created the UK, British, England etc confusion.
Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by 50calibre(m): 12:03pm On Jul 30, 2013
Afam4eva:
So, you live in the UK too? Were you not the one that was calling for the head of the queen in another thread? I really don't understand where you stand. It's either you're in or you're out. There's no in-between.

Yes I did call for the abolition of the monarchy because to me it represents an imperial past I don't like, there is nothing like totally in or totally out, this is not a two sides coin.

But at the end of the day, I keep it real and honest and to be frank with you, some of the comments I've seen you make here are as ludicrous and delusional as a person can get, if you are truly in your heart of heart comparing Nigeria to the UK, then you need mental examination. I saw your comments about education in the UK and I laughed.

The UK ( even at this low point ) is at a stage Nigeria will never reach or reach in 300 years time
Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by otswag(m): 12:07pm On Jul 30, 2013
I wonder why nigerians still dey rush go suffer 4 dis poverty stricken tax masters who obviously don't want you around. Iya buruku le ko maa lo je nibe. There are far better places to immigrate to
Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by Afam4eva(m): 12:08pm On Jul 30, 2013
50calibre:

Yes I did call for the abolition of the monarchy because to me it represents an imperial past I don't like, there is nothing like totally in or totally out, this is not a two sides coin.

But at the end of the day, I keep it real and honest and to be frank with you, some of the comments I've seen you make here are as ludicrous and delusional as a person can get, if you are truly in your heart of heart comparing Nigeria to the UK, then you need mental examination. I saw your comments about education in the UK and I laughed.

The UK ( even at this low point ) is at a stage Nigeria will never reach or reach in 300 years time
I can compare Nigeria to the UK ten times over. Yes, our infrastructure are nearly dead. Yes, we don't have power. Yes, our educational system is an disarray. But even in the midst of all these, Nigerians in Nigeria are doing better than Nigerians in the UK(FACT) and we're not exploited like the UK government does over there. We just need to get a few things right and that's it. The UK may have all these infrastructures but citizens use them are a very high cost. People make money but the UK government collects it from there. It's a case of monkey they work, baboon dey chop. Let's stop over-estimating the importance of the UK. Even in Europe, a lot of countries are ahead of the UK in almost every ramification and a case in point in Germany. UK does not talk when Germany is talking.
Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by Afam4eva(m): 12:09pm On Jul 30, 2013
otswag: I wonder why nigerians still dey rush go suffer 4 dis poverty stricken tax masters who obviously don't want you around. Iya buruku le ko maa lo je nibe. There are far better places to immigrate to
GBAM
Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by benjsniper33: 12:15pm On Jul 30, 2013
the bitter truth is that, their economy is no longer thriving due to the fact that the third world is becoming aware of their exploitation, the hullabaloo on this immigrant issue is just a sheer victimization
Lizzy at work again... gringringringrin
Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by Nobody: 12:19pm On Jul 30, 2013
Afam4eva:
It's Coogar and Desola that i pity the most. They won't be privileged to BT Internet again and therefore will be unable to be on Nairaland 24/7 abusing people. Gob bless them sha.
Hahahahaha...hahahah...
Just laughing.
E don be for them.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply)

Embassy Of Ecuador Denies Visa Free Agreement With Nigeria / ''Nigeria Is My America!" - Gambian Businesswoman In Lagos Declares (Video) / Nigerian Lady Hails The Italian Government After They Blessed Her With Provision

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.