Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,728 members, 7,805,990 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:48 AM

Cold Feet Before Wedding Because Of Fear Of Pregnancy - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Cold Feet Before Wedding Because Of Fear Of Pregnancy (2458 Views)

Guys.with.cold Feet / Has Her Fiance' Developed Cold Feet And If Yes, What Can She Do About It? / Five Things Virgins Should Know Before Wedding, Which Their Mama Won't Tell Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cold Feet Before Wedding Because Of Fear Of Pregnancy by Monicasque(f): 9:31am On Jul 30, 2013
Most girl's dream. Marriage , wedding etc . Well i am 26,have a good job and i am planning on taking my studies to another level after next year ( in 2015 when i will be 28) because for this year and next year i wana sort out my finances properly. My boyfriend and i were friends for a year before he made a move and we have been together for a year as well. I have cheated on him and i later realised that i was doing him wrong so i changed my ways. Now just on sunday he did what most girls would be happy for. He got down on his knee and presented a modest ring and ask for my hand in marriage.Ohh my goshh i was sooo happy and accepted immediately but now i am scared. The whole of yesterday i have been thinking about what marriage means and to be honest i am scared. I do not mind living my home and go into his home and do all wifely duties but there is one thing that brings fear to me.Pregnancy. I am scared of the whole 9months, morning sickness, my body changing and the labour pains. Ohh my word. I so love kids but i am scared of the whole pregnancy and labour thing and us being Africans and knowing what kids mean to us makes me scared that i will not be the wife he is expecting. Please guys is this normal, are my fears justified? what can i do now coz he is good man but i am scared of disapointing me but my health means more to me

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cold Feet Before Wedding Because Of Fear Of Pregnancy by Nobody: 10:06am On Jul 30, 2013
You will better advised in the family section.

1 Like

Re: Cold Feet Before Wedding Because Of Fear Of Pregnancy by Nobody: 10:14am On Jul 30, 2013
My dear I feel ur worries. B4 i got into this institution, I was also plagued with commitmentphobia but I just realized it was the right time for me. I am pregnant now and believe me, I am scared s**tless of labour pain but that's the joy of motherhood i guess. If you don't overcome your fears, you'll not go as far as you want in life. I wish you the best of luck n God's guidance.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cold Feet Before Wedding Because Of Fear Of Pregnancy by 2goodbobo(m): 10:38am On Jul 30, 2013
Grow up girl. Is a stage you must pass through in marriage. What an irony, you love kids but you are scared of having your own. Smh
Re: Cold Feet Before Wedding Because Of Fear Of Pregnancy by kreamidiva(f): 10:41am On Jul 30, 2013
I don't understand what you mean by "my health means more to me" do you have a health condition that will endanger your life when you're pregnant? Take your time.one has to be psychologically,mentally and physically ready for marriage and the baggage that comes with it.think things through but rest assured,unless u want to get a surrogate mum,u can't have children without going through the 9 months course.let God guide you.

1 Like

Re: Cold Feet Before Wedding Because Of Fear Of Pregnancy by Monicasque(f): 12:06pm On Jul 30, 2013
kreami diva: I don't understand what you mean by "my health means more to me" do you have a health condition that will endanger your life when you're pregnant? Take your time.one has to be psychologically,mentally and physically ready for marriage and the baggage that comes with it.think things through but rest assured,unless u want to get a surrogate mum,u can't have children without going through the 9 months course.let God guide you.

thank you so much. Just to answer your question, no i do not have a health problem but i am just scared that pregnancy will start one. I have seen how people get and shooo i am sooo scared.

1 Like

Re: Cold Feet Before Wedding Because Of Fear Of Pregnancy by Nobody: 12:31pm On Jul 30, 2013
It's normal to be afraid and your fears are perfectly justified, discuss it with him that's one of the reasons he's there for. Is it that you are scared of the process or just don't want children? If it's the latter you need to let him know NOW it won't be funny if he finds out after you're married, good luck.
Re: Cold Feet Before Wedding Because Of Fear Of Pregnancy by Monicasque(f): 12:38pm On Jul 30, 2013
ibkaye: It's normal to be afraid and your fears are perfectly justified, discuss it with him that's one of the reasons he's there for. Is it that you are scared of the process or just don't want children? If it's the latter you need to let him know NOW it won't be funny if he finds out after you're married, good luck.

thank you so much sister. Well to answer you i do love babies, with all my heart but the whole 9 months pregnancy thing and labour ooooohh girl i am so scared of pain, heavyness, throwing up etc. I just wish the was a place where i can buy babies already made. oops life is just hard since we can not buy humans

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cold Feet Before Wedding Because Of Fear Of Pregnancy by Nobody: 12:50pm On Jul 30, 2013
Monicasque:

thank you so much sister. Well to answer you i do love babies, with all my heart but the whole 9 months pregnancy thing and labour ooooohh girl i am so scared of pain, heavyness, throwing up etc. I just wish the was a place where i can buy babies already made. oops life is just hard since we can not buy humans

Fair enough, still discuss it with him. Ever considered alternatives like surrogacy or adoption? Bear in mind that many expecting mothers have the same fears first time round but then consider it 'worthwhile' when the baby is born, allegedly anyway lol
Re: Cold Feet Before Wedding Because Of Fear Of Pregnancy by Monicasque(f): 12:53pm On Jul 30, 2013
ibkaye:

Fair enough, still discuss it with him. Ever considered alternatives like surrogacy or adoption? Bear in mind that many expecting mothers have the same fears first time round but then consider it 'worthwhile' when the baby is born, allegedly anyway lol

Yah i love your advice thanks. I honestly have never spoken to him about it, i am kinda scared that he will not take it well. I love the surrogacy part more but the adoption part i wonder how he will feel about it as you know how most of our african men are. They always want their blood

1 Like

Re: Cold Feet Before Wedding Because Of Fear Of Pregnancy by thorpido(m): 12:53pm On Jul 30, 2013
It's a phase you'll come to and pass.Just think how your mama take born you?
Re: Cold Feet Before Wedding Because Of Fear Of Pregnancy by kaboninc(m): 11:05pm On Jul 31, 2013
Monicasque:

Yah i love your advice thanks. I honestly have never spoken to him about it, i am kinda scared that he will not take it well. I love the surrogacy part more but the adoption part i wonder how he will feel about it as you know how most of our african men are. They always want their blood

Don't you want your blood?
Re: Cold Feet Before Wedding Because Of Fear Of Pregnancy by 190: 12:21am On Aug 01, 2013
which one is cold feet again sad sad
Re: Cold Feet Before Wedding Because Of Fear Of Pregnancy by sweettease(f): 4:50am On Aug 01, 2013
What makes the ladies doing it better than you? They also have 2breasts, a vajayjay, a uterus, a heart, 2kidneys, 1 liver, and so on just like you. Some even have one congenital abnormality or the other b4 they go in but they still go through pregnancy and labour. You aren't even diabetic. Try to imagine any teenage girl you know that did it and you will realise they rnt any better. The sooner you make up your mind the better for you, otherwise, you go tay for market and late pregnancy predisposes to most of the complications of pregnancy and labour, so the earlier you do it, the better your chances of not giving birth to a congenital malformed child or endangering your health.
Re: Cold Feet Before Wedding Because Of Fear Of Pregnancy by Flashaldrin(m): 5:53am On Aug 01, 2013
2goodbobo: Grow up girl. Is a stage you must pass through in marriage. What an irony, you love kids but you are scared of having your own. Smh
you must be very stoopid for this your comment. Continue shaking your microcephalic head. You dont know what it takes to pass through labour, i guess you've never really seen a woman deliver and thats why you need to stfu on topics you know nothing about!
@op its totally natural when taking this kinda big steps to worry about this things. But one comfort i get whenever i'm faced with these kinda challenges is that many have undergone and are currently undergoing same situation and some of them even weaker than me. So why cant i?
Fear of labour should never stop you from marrying. And if you're so much worried there are analgesics that you can be given in labour and with greatly reduce the pains.
Its one of the Joys of motherhood.
Ignore the scores of children we have on nl please.
Re: Cold Feet Before Wedding Because Of Fear Of Pregnancy by daisyella: 7:09am On Aug 01, 2013
Its perfectly normal for you to be scared dear, but like someone said, d whole pregnancy stuff and labour is one of d joys of motherhood ironically, talk 2 ur husband abt it, dats why he is dere for u and don't think u'll b alone, u guys will go through it 2geda
Re: Cold Feet Before Wedding Because Of Fear Of Pregnancy by Blakjewelry(m): 8:39am On Aug 01, 2013
Hey, i think you should approach it with open mind and let your love for your spouse swallow up every atom of fear. As for the pregnancy tinny just enjoy the ride it will be pure fun, you wont even notice when the little cutie will start to grow.
You will only observe your tommy rise gently then you will get that lovely soon to be a mother feeling and you love yourself and marvel at nature.
Re: Cold Feet Before Wedding Because Of Fear Of Pregnancy by kreamidiva(f): 10:19am On Aug 01, 2013
Never for one day during my two pregnancies did i spit talk more of vomiting.u may be lucky to have a drama-free pregnancy. But u know what? Once the baby is born,u will forget about everything u passed thru wishing u luck...

1 Like

Re: Cold Feet Before Wedding Because Of Fear Of Pregnancy by Boll2010: 11:20am On Aug 01, 2013
Monicasque:

thank you so much. Just to answer your question, no i do not have a health problem but i am just scared that pregnancy will start one. I have seen how people get and shooo i am sooo scared.
b!tc! Uv got a choice,bt its only hard,d choice uv got is dnt give birth#ya'dig
Re: Cold Feet Before Wedding Because Of Fear Of Pregnancy by Nobody: 12:17pm On Sep 13, 2013
Monicasque: Most girl's dream. Marriage , wedding etc . Well i am 26,have a good job and i am planning on taking my studies to another level after next year ( in 2015 when i will be 28) because for this year and next year i wana sort out my finances properly. My boyfriend and i were friends for a year before he made a move and we have been together for a year as well. I have cheated on him and i later realised that i was doing him wrong so i changed my ways. Now just on sunday he did what most girls would be happy for. He got down on his knee and presented a modest ring and ask for my hand in marriage.Ohh my goshh i was sooo happy and accepted immediately but now i am scared. The whole of yesterday i have been thinking about what marriage means and to be honest i am scared. I do not mind living my home and go into his home and do all wifely duties but there is one thing that brings fear to me.Pregnancy. I am scared of the whole 9months, morning sickness, my body changing and the labour pains. Ohh my word. I so love kids but i am scared of the whole pregnancy and labour thing and us being Africans and knowing what kids mean to us makes me scared that i will not be the wife he is expecting. Please guys is this normal, are my fears justified? what can i do now coz he is good man but i am scared of disapointing me but my health means more to me

Shieet. I'm pretty scared of going through labour too. embarassed
No be must na, baby girl. I'm fine with adoption.

1 Like

Re: Cold Feet Before Wedding Because Of Fear Of Pregnancy by digitalgeorgy(m): 12:35pm On Sep 13, 2013
I will recieve few slaps but i must say this:
you are not yet married to him, most people get engaged but end up not been married to the man that first engaged them. You have few months before the wedding and few months after the marriage to defeat your fear.
Am sorry about the above comment, I really feel your pain, most times i think of the pains myself but i still see women rejoice when they get pregnant. When you picture the gain ahead, you endeavour to face the pain. NO PAIN, NO GAIN, when you get to that bridge my dear, you will cross it.
No body like CS, so i wont introduce that to you. God dey!!

1 Like

Re: Cold Feet Before Wedding Because Of Fear Of Pregnancy by Monicasque(f): 12:50pm On Sep 13, 2013
guys m still soooo scared. Can u blv that my 19year old sister just told me that she is pregnant. she is just a baby and i want her to continue with her life without any problems. i wana ask her to allow me to raise the baby as my own but i do not know how she will take this coz as much as she is young she might bond with the baby and even wana raise her

1 Like

Re: Cold Feet Before Wedding Because Of Fear Of Pregnancy by buti4nomsy(f): 12:56pm On Sep 13, 2013
Monicasque:

dear is normal for u to feel this way bkos is your first time but wit your hubby by your side you won't feel it that much,I will also tell you that not all pregnant women that throws up,you are seeing the 9months as a long time before you know is gone.Talking about already made kids is same woman like you that gave birth to them,since they can do it den tell your self yu can.I wish u well

1 Like

Re: Cold Feet Before Wedding Because Of Fear Of Pregnancy by Boll2010: 12:56pm On Sep 13, 2013
Monicasque: guys m still soooo scared. Can u blv that my 19year old sister just told me that she is pregnant. she is just a baby and i want her to continue with her life without any problems. i wana ask her to allow me to raise the baby as my own but i do not know how she will take this coz as much as she is young she might bond with the baby and even wana raise her
b!t! Spread yo'fu!*kn legs as wide as u cld take dat sh#t in ur pu**y! N get pregnant ASAP.......u aint want us eat ryt? So nw listen gud.........u must learn to kill ur worst fear wit ur bare hands nt ours#

1 Like

Re: Cold Feet Before Wedding Because Of Fear Of Pregnancy by Nobody: 1:56pm On Sep 13, 2013
My advice from the bottom of my heart,

abeg go tell your Fiancee dis bu||$h!t wey you put for here make you see wetin go happen, Rubb¡$h. Mtcheeeeew

Something many Ladies fast and pray for,

Oya go and give him back the ring nah.

You are scared of pregnancy but u re not scare of straving.

Please try and stay single abeg
Re: Cold Feet Before Wedding Because Of Fear Of Pregnancy by badmarket: 3:08pm On Sep 13, 2013
He who goes to the stream never complain of water splashing on his body.

Qst: who wish to go to Heaven.
Ans. All

Qst: who wants to die?
Ans: None

Abeg who will get to heaven without dieing....

who will have kids without pregnancy....
Re: Cold Feet Before Wedding Because Of Fear Of Pregnancy by Boll2010: 3:22pm On Sep 13, 2013
Money Soldier: My advice from the bottom of my heart,

abeg go tell your Fiancee dis bu||$h!t wey you put for here make you see wetin go happen, Rubb¡$h. Mtcheeeeew

Something many Ladies fast and pray for,

Oya go and give him back the ring nah.

You are scared of pregnancy but u re not scare of straving.

Please try and stay single abeg
yes boss!!!
Chairman visit ur thread u no compose!!
Who they give u liver!

Boss abeg sharply go help us drop one dose for that syd! Abeg nna meegrin grin
Re: Cold Feet Before Wedding Because Of Fear Of Pregnancy by carlos1(m): 3:27pm On Sep 13, 2013
Monicasque: Most girl's dream. Marriage , wedding etc . Well i am 26,have a good job and i am planning on taking my studies to another level after next year ( in 2015 when i will be 28) because for this year and next year i wana sort out my finances properly. My boyfriend and i were friends for a year before he made a move and we have been together for a year as well. I have cheated on him and i later realised that i was doing him wrong so i changed my ways. Now just on sunday he did what most girls would be happy for. He got down on his knee and presented a modest ring and ask for my hand in marriage.Ohh my goshh i was sooo happy and accepted immediately but now i am scared. The whole of yesterday i have been thinking about what marriage means and to be honest i am scared. I do not mind living my home and go into his home and do all wifely duties but there is one thing that brings fear to me.Pregnancy. I am scared of the whole 9months, morning sickness, my body changing and the labour pains. Ohh my word. I so love kids but i am scared of the whole pregnancy and labour thing and us being Africans and knowing what kids mean to us makes me scared that i will not be the wife he is expecting. Please guys is this normal, are my fears justified? what can i do now coz he is good man but i am scared of disapointing me but my health means more to me

Hehe! Hehe! Thank God Say I be man o, because me sef no go fit carry water melon for belly for nine months den come shit am out again. lai lai, I no fit o, But as a man, Na to just enjoy put the tin inside dia come encourage and assist my wifey tru d nine months till she born. Abeg my people, e no easy 2b woman o. I hail all women here. Una too much o. **Dancing Azonto**
Re: Cold Feet Before Wedding Because Of Fear Of Pregnancy by Monicasque(f): 12:11pm On Sep 16, 2013
carlos1:

Hehe! Hehe! Thank God Say I be man o, because me sef no go fit carry water melon for belly for nine months den come shit am out again. lai lai, I no fit o, But as a man, Na to just enjoy put the tin inside dia come encourage and assist my wifey tru d nine months till she born. Abeg my people, e no easy 2b woman o. I hail all women here. Una too much o. **Dancing Azonto**

atleast someone understands. Thanks bra
Re: Cold Feet Before Wedding Because Of Fear Of Pregnancy by Mustay(m): 12:43pm On Sep 17, 2013
Methinks this is the fear of the 'known unknown'. Was beginning to nod my head to ibkaye's keyboard rhythms till she was giving you escapist routes - you just need to wait till then. You'd need a counsellor or medical expert to assuage your fears and give you advise on how best to handle yourself. Sometimes, what you just need is some people talking to you and you'd be swayed in a jiffy - this just kinda remind me of a lady who actually knew about PP depression and was irritated by her own baby until she finally let out to her husband who took her to the doctor and let her close friend know about it.

As for your sis, the best for you is to learn from the driver's experience this time, don't put the driver on the passenger's seat wink

Perhaps, she may even be your 'tourist guide' when your time to visit the children's 'den' comes by cool
Re: Cold Feet Before Wedding Because Of Fear Of Pregnancy by Nobody: 3:37pm On Sep 17, 2013
Mustay: Methinks this is the fear of the 'known unknown'. Was beginning to nod my head to ibkaye's keyboard rhythms till she was giving you escapist routes - you just need to wait till then. You'd need a counsellor or medical expert to assuage your fears and give you advise on how best to handle yourself. Sometimes, what you just need is some people talking to you and you'd be swayed in a jiffy - this just kinda remind me of a lady who actually knew about PP depression and was irritated by her own baby until she finally let out to her husband who took her to the doctor and let her close friend know about it.

As for your sis, the best for you is to learn from the driver's experience this time, don't put the driver on the passenger's seat wink

Perhaps, she may even be your 'tourist guide' when your time to visit the children's 'den' comes by cool
tongue

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Choi!!! .look At What This Girl Does To Me / Drunk In Love... / Why Most Ladies Find It Difficult To Open Up On Nairaland.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.