Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,396 members, 7,808,425 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:45 AM

Nigeria Accepted US Army Barrack In Nigeria. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Accepted US Army Barrack In Nigeria. (37242 Views)

Gunmen Sack Military Barrack In Bayelsa / 25 Soldiers Wed In Army Barrack / Boko-Haram Attack Army Barrack In Maiduguri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Accepted US Army Barrack In Nigeria. by omoovie(f): 10:01pm On May 29, 2008
Off topic but to further explain what I mean:

The kingdom of Benin was a powerful kingdom spanning a wide area of what is now present day Nigeria. Oba Ovoranmen signed a treaty with the British without knowing or considering what that treaty entailed in the long run (whether as a fault of his greed or as a result of his being lied to, we'll never know). That same treaty was the justification (till today by the British!) for the "Punitive Expedition" of the late 1800s. We have still not see the backside of the bronzes that were pillaged and more than likely never will.

I'm not saying let's protect everything Nigerian or let's protect our way of doing things at all costs because obviously a lot of our way of doing things hasn't done diddlysquat for us. There are quite frankly some aspects of Nigerian culture I'd like to see castrated and buried or lost to memory forever. I'm saying I don't want Nigeria to turn into another country that Jando will be coming to save in the name of protecting themselves and their future. As a nation we need to at least retain some dignity and autonomy. The war on Iraq was justified by the "belief" that they, "needed to liberate the nation of Iraq from terror under a dictatorial regime." As we can all clearly see now, this was not the real or - if it makes you feel better - only reason for their going and still being there. The only difference is we are opening our nyash for them to do what they like so they don't have to use force---yet. This is NOT a symbiotic relationship the US is engendering, it's a parasitic one and what do you do when you are faced with a parasite? Fight until you can remove it from yourself. Unfortunately, we have leaders with SHIT for brains.
Re: Nigeria Accepted US Army Barrack In Nigeria. by omoovie(f): 10:20pm On May 29, 2008
Kobojunkie:

OH LORDY LORD LORD~~~ sigh!!! how is one supposed to even attempt answering people who have already concluded that those who do not see the world through the same glasses as they do, ought to be insulted, condemned and attacked. And here I am thinking we are all mature minds in here!!!! sigh!!

Nowhere in my post did I say your were stupid. I questioned your mental capacity. If I have inadvertently insulted you by doing so, I am truly sorry. I am just passionate about Nigeria that's all. I want to be able to tell my children and hopefully my grand children "you are Nigerians" without closing one eye or cringing.
Re: Nigeria Accepted US Army Barrack In Nigeria. by Kobojunkie: 10:27pm On May 29, 2008
omoovie:

Nowhere in my post did I say your were stupid. I questioned your mental capacity. If I have inadvertently insulted you by doing so, I am truly sorry. I am just passionate about Nigeria that's all. I want to be able to tell my children and hopefully my grand children "you are Nigerians" without closing one eye.

Then here is my answer to your wonderful post. I am not stupid. I am not daft. I am not blinded in any way by anyone's plans. I sit here today enjoying America and all it has to offer me and I would one day love to see my own people enjoy the same quality goods and same quality of life and even better and if china and india have not been able to push it down there already, I do not object to bringing Americans to help us achieve such.

Anyone who has eyes and goes ahead to sign a contract, any contract without having a good understanding of what the deal is should be shot and the blame belongs to that person if he or she is suddenly burdened with consequences of not understanding the terms of the said contract. That being said, we live in a world today where we have eyes open to see and know what is likely to come and we are able to make sure to move things in such a way that it benefits us in the end. Trying to throw fear in the pile every single time an opportunity knocks is ridiculous and what has brought us to where we are today. Go up north and you will see where we may be headed next if we continue this. No need to continue to have low self esteem issues when it comes to being involved with America. China has done it and is enjoying the benefits today and is basically offering us second hand. Why don't we deal directly with America and gain what we can so we can compete with China and ultimately America in the end?? Why consider to accept mediocrity and when question, through fear bullets here and there each time; bullets which subsequently hit us hard in the end??
Re: Nigeria Accepted US Army Barrack In Nigeria. by omoovie(f): 11:01pm On May 29, 2008
Kobojunkie:

Then here is my answer to your wonderful post. I am not stupid. I am not daft. I am not blinded in any way by anyone's plans. I sit here today enjoying America and all it has to offer me and I would one day love to see my own people enjoy the same quality goods and same quality of life and even better and if china and india have not been able to push it down there already, I do not object to bringing Americans to help us achieve such.

Anyone who has eyes and goes ahead to sign a contract, any contract without having a good understanding of what the deal is should be shot and the blame belongs to that person if he or she is suddenly burdened with consequences of not understanding the terms of the said contract. That being said, we live in a world today where we have eyes open to see and know what is likely to come and we are able to make sure to move things in such a way that it benefits us in the end. Trying to throw fear in the pile every single time an opportunity knocks is ridiculous and what has brought us to where we are today.

How can you understand what you just wrote and not understand that this is NOT an opportunity. It is a strategic decision by a very smart nation to exploit the stupidity - because this ain't naivete - of a poorly ruled nation with greedy rulers for its own security and future enrichment.

Go up north and you will see where we may be headed next if we continue this. No need to continue to have low self esteem issues when it comes to being involved with America. China has done it and is enjoying the benefits today and is basically offering us second hand. Why don't we deal directly with America and gain what we can so we can compete with China and ultimately America in the end?? Why consider to accept mediocrity and when question, through fear bullets here and there each time; bullets which subsequently hit us hard in the end??

[b]I'd much rather - in an ideal circumstance - we fix our problems with as little aid as possible from any foreign entity. I say we diplomatically cease all further contracts and treaties with the emerging and preexisting powers - China, India, US., EU, et cetera - and secure ourselves first before we resume dealings with them. A country is at stake here. Further stupidity is NOT an option. There is an adage my mum often says, "food wey I no chop I no want make person see d oil for my face." In essence, we are not going to be the ones reaping the benefit of an army base located in Nigeria in the long run whether on a societal scale - "Again, the americans had to save them!" (by the way this is how a lot of americans think), an economic scale - they are protecting their oil/energy interests and as soon as that energy is gone you will see the dragon behind that mask, or a security scale - if push comes to shove and we are attacked or targeted say by the many countries that hate America's guts, they are not going to help us unless their precious oil is in danger. If I didn't eat the food why should I be smeared with the oil? This is not about low self esteem because any person that has read my posts knows I am a proud Naija girl who loves her country even when it shows cancerous signs of retrogression. If anyone is showing the symptoms of the ailment of inferiority complex or low self esteem it's you because you are not focusing on our interests. You believe THEM just by having a military base on OUR soil somehow will better us and you have expressed genuine love for America and American ideals/way of life in numerous posts![/b]

Maybe we should look to Japan for some lessons and see how it secured itself in the wake of the American, European exploitations of the past centuries. Today it has emerged as a superpower respected by the very same people who tried to "diplomatically" take it over.
Re: Nigeria Accepted US Army Barrack In Nigeria. by superman(m): 11:36pm On May 29, 2008
some people just write jumbo mobo! haah

in god we trust! the god of thunder over looking aso rock!

count down.

omoovie i think you are very right.
Re: Nigeria Accepted US Army Barrack In Nigeria. by Kobojunkie: 11:37pm On May 29, 2008
omoovie:

Maybe we should look to Japan for some lessons and see how it secured itself in the wake of the American, European exploitations of the past centuries. Today it has emerged as a superpower respected by the very same people who tried to "diplomatically" take it over.

Are you seriously going to use Japan to bolster your argument here?? Can I suggest you research that country to understand how it got to where it is today please. Cause I am of the mind that you don't know that at all.
Re: Nigeria Accepted US Army Barrack In Nigeria. by chidichris(m): 2:35am On May 30, 2008
are we afriad of our oil? ok since the oil dey here waiting happen? abeg make them come take this oil self. is it possible that this barracks come with slave ships because i need to get out of this place by all means.
if i see their ship, i will arrrest myself and my family, f i a m, usa here we come.
Re: Nigeria Accepted US Army Barrack In Nigeria. by sheniqua: 4:02am On May 30, 2008
I will even propose they come to Igboland and build their headquarters.
I will convince my father to give them a piece of land free of charge. grin
We need them.
Infact we need 2 bases.
One somewhere around Enugu/Aba/PH express way to take care of the MEND madness
and another around Benue Nsukka border for easy access to the North when they start their usual Ji'had and rikichi grin
We'll send almondjoy/Xiomarra in with jigida (beads) and george wrapper to welcome them  grin
I hope they'll come with helicopters that'll hover around once in a while
Re: Nigeria Accepted US Army Barrack In Nigeria. by omoovie(f): 4:03am On May 30, 2008
Kobojunkie:

Are you seriously going to use Japan to bolster your argument here?? Can I suggest you research that country to understand how it got to where it is today please. Cause I am of the mind that you don't know that at all.

What was my statement? "Maybe we should look to Japan for some lessons and see how it secured itself in the wake of the American, European exploitations of the past centuries." That statement cannot be more transparent. I'm wondering if in a bid to dispute whatever I've said because you are not 100% for my opinion you are refusing to see that what you say amounts to the same thing I've already said. Maybe we should look to Japan for some lessons and see how it secured itself in the wake of Western exploitation of the past centuries. Doesn't that suggest that I don't know what they did and maybe we should research or look into that? Bros---my head don dey pain me abeg. I dey go sleep. Doh. I no do again ehn. Let's drink cold water and go and rest.

superman:

some people just write jumbo mobo! haah

in god we trust! the god of thunder over looking aso rock!

count down.

omoovie i think you are very right.

Bros, e be like oh. Thank u much. I really think I am.
Re: Nigeria Accepted US Army Barrack In Nigeria. by omoovie(f): 4:06am On May 30, 2008
Sheniqua and Chidi, abeg make una no dey make tired person laff. LOL.
Re: Nigeria Accepted US Army Barrack In Nigeria. by beystwin: 1:36pm On May 30, 2008
chidichris:

are we afriad of our oil? ok since the oil dey here waiting happen? abeg make them come take this oil self. is it possible that this barracks come with slave ships because i need to get out of this place by all means.
if i see their ship, i will arrrest myself and my family, f i a m, usa here we come.

You are right my brother, don't mind all these people who break big big grammar for here. Na grammar we go chop?? grin

AFRICOM is a blessing in disguise for Nigeria. This is the best decision Yar'adua has made to date.
Cheers - here's to AFRICOM!
Re: Nigeria Accepted US Army Barrack In Nigeria. by Kobojunkie: 1:44pm On May 30, 2008
@@ooomoview, The Reason why I suggested you take a closer look at Japan is cause that country is where it is today cause it practically turned over it's millitary needs to the USA. Back in the 1950's or 60's, I believe. And basically, Japan hardly spends any money on millitary needs as they have an allie in the USA. US has been in Japan for decades now and if you were listening some years ago, when North Korea threatened, Japan kept suggesting it would demand the USA fight for them or it would actually start putting together an army of it's own is nothing is done about the situation. Japan and Germany are actually models of what could happen to Nigeria with AFRICOM. I believe you should take a closer look before you go off thinking exploitation is the game. Japan by the threaty gained access to technology that propelled it to the point where we find it today and basically Japan leads the world in technology cause of the deal with made with America back then. So if you are trying to use Japan as a model, I suggest you look closer.
Re: Nigeria Accepted US Army Barrack In Nigeria. by vigasimple(m): 3:48pm On May 30, 2008
First and foremost i have not read what AFRICOM was suppose to be doing for Nigeria.

I listen To President Yar A'dull yesterday trying to rationalise or explain why he agreed with BUSH to accept AFRICOM base in Nigeria.

With the greatest of respect to our own President and his so called education, I am shocked and don't expect to see any President in the world apart from Mugabe who is daft more than George W. Bush.

Even school children all over the world knows that BUSH is daft and that it is all lying and you could imagine what anyone that is daft more than him will look like.

Imagine if an IBO or YORUBA man decided that he want to put a small military barrack in SOKOTO because they can assist the people of Sokoto with their security. I am sure all the Jihad willstart from there. Ordinary church they are burning down.

The west and America in particular do not offer free lunch. AFRICOM -Afican command of the US military is to use the base as a startegic base to launch attack on countries they don't like and it may even be us.

Between Nigeria and South Africa and some other major countries we can defend Africa from rogue nations in Africa.

Why did Yar A'dull not asked them to go and put it in his village in Kastina state.

This single mistake is bigger than anything done since our independence. has he refer this to NASS for approval under his so called 'Rule of Law' and due process.

As a professional, if you are in a particular industry, you will know when somebody opens their mouth and say something when they don't have a clue. YAR A'DULL IS CLUELESS

Yesterday interview simply confirm that Yar A'dull is a disaster waiting to happen. He will be propably worse than Shagari especially that there is oil money everywhere.

Let me give Nigerians some good point about OBJ inspite of all his wrong doings.

1. He would not have accept AFRICOM
2. He paid all the nations debt
3. He has saving for the nation in foreign reserves.

failures of OBJ

1. Corruption continues
2. He can't fix electricity
3, he lacks vison chasing 3rd term and did not groom a worthwhile successor to take Nigeria to the next level.

I hope you guy find that live interview and watch it and you will be convinced that this guy called Yar A'dull is just going to go through the motion. He will continue to repeat 7 point agenda and 2020 vision as if by repeating them everything will fall into places.
Re: Nigeria Accepted US Army Barrack In Nigeria. by landis(m): 4:54pm On May 30, 2008
vigasimple:

As a professional, if you are in a particular industry, you will know when somebody opens their mouth and say something when they don't have a clue. YAR A'DULL IS CLUELESS

Yesterday interview simply confirm that Yar A'dull is a disaster waiting to happen. He will be propably worse than Shagari especially that there is oil money everywhere.

Let me give Nigerians some good point about OBJ inspite of all his wrong doings.

1. He would not have accept AFRICOM
2. He paid all the nations debt
3. He has saving for the nation in foreign reserves.

That was a honest observation about Yara-ill but I disagree with BOLD

OBJ tactically accepted US-ARMY Baracks in Nigeria around 2000-2004

I know for a fact they were camped close to ABUJA AIRPORT for about 2yrs. One of the US Army boys even died during some practice and was flown to Germany. They had full access to 'Ship-House'. It was one of the grouses of Malu against OBJ.
Re: Nigeria Accepted US Army Barrack In Nigeria. by Rlst84sale(m): 6:19am On May 31, 2008
This story couldn't be true. This might be the begining of occupation why does nigeria need another country's military base on her land?. What kind of stupid leaders are those politicians. This is one of cunning efforts to block the Chinese and Indians efforts on Africa. May be someone needs to send these videos to them. I hope they learn before it is too late. That's nothing but the begining of occupation. If you don't believe it go and study history Sadam Hussein used to be an allie the The US.

I CAN IMAGINE NOT ALL OF YOU WILL AGREE WITH ME, BUT PLEASE TAKE YOUR TIME AND STUDY THESE VIDEOS ONE AT A TIME

1)
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=F-QA2rkpBSY

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=xD6yWsxlglo&feature=related

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=hEZfMruLMSI&feature=related
Re: Nigeria Accepted US Army Barrack In Nigeria. by LAKANYE(m): 6:36am On May 31, 2008
Rlst84sale:

This story couldn't be true. this might be the begining of occupation why does nigeria need another country's military base on her land?. What kind of stupid leaders are those politicians. This is one of a cunning efforts to block the Chinese and Indians efforts on Africa. Maybe someone needs to send this video tapes to them

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=hEZfMruLMSI&feature=related

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=F-QA2rkpBSY

[b]SHIT, THE DAMN STORY IS TRUE ALL THE WAY TO HELL[b]

THAT IS THE EFFECTIVE POWER OF A WEAKENING DOLLAR. FOR $10,000,000 EACH TO TWO OF YOUR HIGHEST LEADERS, NIGERIANS ARE ON THE VERGE OF A SO-CALLED IRAQI LIBERATIONS.
AT THE MOMENT, WE ARE GOING THROUGH A SPORADIC INCREASES IN GAS PRICES IN THE WHOLE OF UNITED STATES. EVERY TIME NIGERIAN SUPPLIERS OF OIL ARE NOT ABLE TO MEET THEIR QUOTA SUPPLIES OF OIL TO THE UNITED STATES, THE PRICE OF PETROLEUM FOR INDIVIDUAL CONSUMPTIONS GOES UP IN AMERICA. AMERICA WOULD DO ANYTHING POSSIBLE TO PLEASE HER CITIZENS. AMERICA DO NOT CARE ABOUT ANY OTHER COUNTRY ON THIS PLANET BUT THE SATISFACTIONS OF AMERICAN CITIZENS. WE NEED NIGERIAN OIL TO RUN OUR SUV'S. SO, WE WILL PLANT A MILITARY BASE IN STRATEGIC LOCATIONS IN NIGERIA, TO STABILIZE OUR OIL SUPPLIES. AND WE WILL HELP YOU TO MANAGE YOUR COUNTRY BY MAKING SURE WE APPOINT THE DUMBEST STOOGES AND MONEY MONGERS IN POWER TO MANAGE THE AFFAIRS OF YOUR NATION, FOR OUR AMERICAN SELFISH AND SELF CENTERED DOMINEERING ENDS. shocked shocked shocked DO YOU UNDERSTAND THE WORDS THAT IS COMING OUT OF MY MOUTH?
Re: Nigeria Accepted US Army Barrack In Nigeria. by FMK(m): 6:20pm On May 31, 2008
Guys I read  all your comments,  but a piece of advice for a Good Friend.   becarefull with American People  if not  Nigeria will  suffer from a creepping colonization  from those Selfishes American. those Guys Never Help but they have a creeping strategy  to explore africa countries  for their Benefits.  please try to learn from too many  countries that endured those such situation  Like Iraq.  why they Do not  Help  Haiti  is sufferring from  food crisis where people relying on mud pies to survive  because they know,  in that country there is nothing can  benefit  them    america is like rat that bite and blows so that you cannot realize  but when you realize, it will be late and you got   unhealed wound
Re: Nigeria Accepted US Army Barrack In Nigeria. by madamkoko: 7:21pm On May 31, 2008
@ poster, This shit is going to come back to HARM and hurt Nigeria, If you know anything about the US international policies, creating a military base in Nigeria will NOT help the country in ANYWAY,

They are only there for economic interests and will only continue to exploit the country,

You think the Nigerian government is bad now, watch the Americans commit atrocious crimes against our brothers and sisters and NOTHING will be done about it.

A US military base is Nigeria is DANGEROUS for Nigeria, before you know it, uncle Omotola will be labeled a Terrorist, a Guatanomo bay prison will be in Nigeria filled with soo many innocent folks, the people I feel bad for the most are Northerners.
Re: Nigeria Accepted US Army Barrack In Nigeria. by madamkoko: 7:26pm On May 31, 2008
Nigerian leaders needs deliverance from STUPIDITY AND INFERIORITY COMPLEX.
Re: Nigeria Accepted US Army Barrack In Nigeria. by LAKANYE(m): 9:05pm On May 31, 2008
[b]ON A POSITIVE NOTES, WE NEED TO PERUSE THE POSITIVE EFFECTS OF A US BASE IN NIGERIA. THE FIRST AGENDA OF THE MILITARY PERSONNEL IN SUCH A FRAUDULENT COUNTRY IS TO FIGHT 'FRAUD' THE AMERICAN WAYS, WHERE A FRAUDULENT PERSON, WHOEVER THAT MAY BE, IS FORCED TO RETURN TO A CHURCH-RAT BY GOVERNMENT CONFISCATING EVERYTHING HE OWNS IN THE NAME OF TAXATIONS, AND EMBEZZLEMENT' CONFISCATIONS. SECOND AGENDA OF THE US MILITARY IS TO FIGHT POLICE BRUTALITY AND NEPOTISM AT THE SAME TIME. MORE JAIL HOUSES WOULD BE BUILT IN NIGERIA VERY SOON, AND AFTERWARDS YOU WOULD BE READING IN THE PAPERS THAT PEOPLE LIKE OONI OF IFE OR THE SULTAN OF SOKOTO, A GOVERNOR OF A STATE, A SCHOOL PRINCIPAL, A POLICE SUPERINTENDENT, A COLLEGE PROFESSOR, ETC. IS DOING TIME IN PRISON FOR WHATEVER REASONS, HENCE, ALL ANIMALS WOULD BECOME EQUAL AT THE LONG RUN. ITS JUST A MATTER OF TIME. NIGERIAN-AMERICANS WOULD RETURN HOME TO SERVE IN DIGNIFIED OFFICES AND MONITORED BY US GOVERNMENT. THERE ARE SO MANY WAYS TO CLEAN OUR COUNTRY UP, AND ONE OF THOSE WAYS IS FOR A SUPERPOWER TO BECOME YOUR NEXT DOOR NEIGHBOR. A LOT OF NIGERIANS DISAPPROVE A US BASE IN NIGERIA, BUT WHAT CAN YOU DO ABOUT IT NOW? ITS TOO LATE TO WHINE ABOUT CRITICAL ISSUES THAT RELATES TO THE PROGRESS OF OUR GREAT DOWNTRODDEN NATION NIGERIA, MOST ESPECIALLY WHEN THE UNITED NATIONS IS INVOLVED IN THE MATTER JUST PRAY FOR A BETTER NIGERIA, SO THAT YOUR CHILDREN WOULD NOT BECOME A SLAVE IN THEIR OWN LAND. [/b]
Re: Nigeria Accepted US Army Barrack In Nigeria. by madamkoko: 9:40pm On May 31, 2008
Amen ooo, may your children never be slaves.
Re: Nigeria Accepted US Army Barrack In Nigeria. by chidichris(m): 11:37pm On May 31, 2008
madamkoko,
if usa are coming to exploit and commit attrocities against us, then what have we been committing against ourselves all these while they were not arround?
do u for once thing there will be a us millitary base for two years in nigeria without power supply? don't u know our roads and security system will definitely improve if not for our interest, it will be for them to have chance to exploit us very well.
if u are or u know anyone who is a terrorist, tell him/her to change otherwise, the person will be picked.
if the usa are keeping innocent people in prison, then tell me the number of people wasting away and possibly dying innocently in nigerian prisons.
if u are real, u must confess to the truth that usa as we speak, is the best country in the world where u can talk democracy, fairness of the judiciary and human right and that is what make them the best.
one thing i hate about us is hypocrsy. if u can be fair, no rich man in nigeria or most normal persons in nigeria are either dreaming to be in us or have even been there.
how come most of us here have investments over there but will turn back and say don't mind them.
madam, i would want to reserve most of my comments here because of ur title.
pls american shld come with their barracks and those ships use in slave trade. we are seriously waiting for them.
Re: Nigeria Accepted US Army Barrack In Nigeria. by RThESlyR: 11:55pm On May 31, 2008
Nigerian with her bull craps. . . . . . . . embarassed
Sometimes i just wonder if the Nigeria president is a battery powered robot. . . . . . . . . .Na wah ooooo grin
Re: Nigeria Accepted US Army Barrack In Nigeria. by madamkoko: 1:53am On Jun 01, 2008
Chidichris: you must know nothing about the US international policies, its NOT MEANT TO HELP DEVELOPING COUNTRIES, ITS MEANT TO EXPLOIT IT.

You are seeing the Americans coming in as an opportunity for economic development, which is gooood, pls I recommend some research on where the US has built military bases and see whether it has actually improved the country,
Re: Nigeria Accepted US Army Barrack In Nigeria. by LAKANYE(m): 2:21am On Jun 01, 2008
madamkoko:

Chidichris: you must know nothing about the US international policies, its NOT MEANT TO HELP DEVELOPING COUNTRIES, ITS MEANT TO EXPLOIT IT.

You are seeing the Americans coming in as an opportunity for economic development, which is gooood, please I recommend some research on where the US has built military bases and see whether it has actually improved the country,

Madamkoko,
We need to be positive at a US base in a NIGERIAN TERRITORY. There may be both positive and negative implications. And for the record, it should not be perceived as an invasion. I am a Nigerian, lives in Florida, works for the US government, and a US citizen. Sometimes we come home to visit, and feel sad about deplorable conditions in Nigeria. EVERY NIGERIAN SHOULD BEGIN TO PERCEIVE SOMETHING GOOD OUT OF A US BASE IN A NIGERIAN TERRITORY.
Re: Nigeria Accepted US Army Barrack In Nigeria. by madamkoko: 2:47am On Jun 01, 2008
@ Lakanye yes u're right, there may be some postive and negative implications ( History repeats itself and I don't see a positive)>. I don't see it as an invasion, oof couse not. Nigeria is still a colony,

Thanks for letting me know that you are a US Citizen and work for the US government ( personally, I could care less )

EVERY NIGERIAN SHOULD BEGIN TO PERCEIVE SOMETHING GOOD OUT OF A US BASE IN A NIGERIAN TERRITORY.[s][/s]

who brainwashed you ? hahaha, I totally respect your opinion, but pls don't be fooled.

Sometimes we come home to visit, and feel sad about deplorable conditions in Nigeria Yes, u're right a majority of Nigerians are poor and live under a dollar a day according to US statistics but most Nigerians I know don't live in deploreable conditions. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Accepted US Army Barrack In Nigeria. by Rlst84sale(m): 3:42am On Jun 01, 2008
I think the people who are writing in support of such decision should just go and watch the videos I posted earlier. That would be the most unforgettable error naija politicians could ever make. If you guys remember Liberia how many years was American base  there?, what did they do for them?, Immediately they started doing business with China, propaganda started and soon war started that tore Liberia apart, destroyed so many lives, broke up many families their diamond looted. This is a fact I have many friends from Liberia who experienced it

There is a serious campaign going on underground now that the population of the world is too much, US is running out of oil to power it's economy, there is concern about rising powers in the east (China, India) and their investment in African continent and so on and so forth. Let's look at 1994 for example when US went to fight in Somailia, why did they pull out, why was there no base there?, because there is no oil. Wise up guys. It  is an absolute mistake to subscribe to that notion that u will benefit from it if you don't believe me go and find the book titled "Defrauding America" and read. It is not a fiction it is real life documented once you read it your eyes will open.

Sit down and think for a minute, how long have Shell, Chevron, Mobil, BP, Texaco and a host of foreign oil companies been doing business in Nigeria?, what have they done there? go to Texas in the US and see for yourself, Houston alone has more than 5 downtowns I mean beautiful. Tell me what have they done in the delta area?.  Most people that have lived in the US and trully pay attention to how the international policy works here would cry sleeplessly to hear that naija politicians would agree to such vulountry enslavement in disguise. Please go and watch the videos I posted, do more research for yourself search the internets and listen to congressman Ron Paul for the last 30 years that he has been in US politics at federal level you will agree with me.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=xD6yWsxlglo&feature=related
Re: Nigeria Accepted US Army Barrack In Nigeria. by Kobojunkie: 3:44am On Jun 01, 2008
LAKANYE~:

Madamkoko,
We need to be positive at a US base in a NIGERIAN TERRITORY. There may be both positive and negative implications. And for the record, it should not be perceived as an invasion. I am a Nigerian, lives in Florida, works for the US government, and a US citizen. Sometimes we come home to visit, and feel sad about deplorable conditions in Nigeria. EVERY NIGERIAN SHOULD BEGIN TO PERCEIVE SOMETHING GOOD OUT OF A US BASE IN A NIGERIAN TERRITORY.

I am with you in this.
Re: Nigeria Accepted US Army Barrack In Nigeria. by doyin13(m): 3:50am On Jun 01, 2008
I'd rather we didn't to be honest.

From an economic standppoint I am all for it, but Nigeria's politics is complicated and Americans are
not good at standing aside where internal affairs are concerned.
Re: Nigeria Accepted US Army Barrack In Nigeria. by Rlst84sale(m): 4:07am On Jun 01, 2008
The greatest asset a person can have is his/her freedom, right now no one can boldly say that in US except those that are deceiving themselves. You just watch and see what will follow. What love does oyinbo have for black African country anyway? zero, nada, nothing. The only thing that invites them there is the oil, the gold and uranium. Since naija did not end up in another civil war during Abacha, the only way to come in is through fight against terror, in Nigeria? please give me a break. You can be subscribing to it all you want when your eyes are open I hope it would not be too late.
Re: Nigeria Accepted US Army Barrack In Nigeria. by doyin13(m): 4:18am On Jun 01, 2008
@rlst4sale

every relationship is based on a give and take basis or are embarked upon for the
benefits to be gained from the association.

No American will tell you they want to build a base in Naija for altruistic reasons.
Re: Nigeria Accepted US Army Barrack In Nigeria. by Rlst84sale(m): 4:26am On Jun 01, 2008
The question is Should Naija leaders agree to it or not?. The answer is No No No No No.

Just go and patiently study the 3 videos I posted up there you will understand. I just rearranged them in the right order then you decide. Why do most people fall for deception of prapaganda for crying out loud?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Amaechi’s Deputy Defects To PDP, Says “APC Is A Party Of Rebels, Founded On.." / Court Orders EFCC To Investigate Oshiomhole Over Corruption Allegations / Kano 2 Million Solidarity Walk For Tinubu Committee List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.