Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,852 members, 7,806,414 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:06 PM

Can You Attend The Marriage Of A Gay Brother Or Relative? - Family (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can You Attend The Marriage Of A Gay Brother Or Relative? (26556 Views)

Pastor Gave Fake Prophecy That Destroyed My Marriage Of 10 Years / Wife Shocking Confession That Ended Her Marriage Of 5years / My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Attend The Marriage Of A Gay Brother Or Relative? by Nobody: 2:33pm On Jul 31, 2013
"Pope Francis said Monday that he will not "judge" gays and lesbians - including gay priests - signaling a shift from his predecessor and offering another sign that the new pope is committed to changing the church's approach to historically marginalized groups.

“If someone is gay and he searches for the Lord and has good will, who am I to judge?” Francis said in a wide-ranging news conference aboard the papal plane."

http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2013/07/29/pope-francis-on-gays-who-am-i-to-judge/
Re: Can You Attend The Marriage Of A Gay Brother Or Relative? by Nobody: 2:35pm On Jul 31, 2013
"Pope Francis's brief comment on gays reveals great mercy," said the Rev. James Martin, a Jesuit priest and editor at America, a Catholic magazine based in New York.

"Today Pope Francis has, once again, lived out the Gospel message of compassion for everyone," Martin said."

http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2013/07/29/pope-francis-on-gays-who-am-i-to-judge/
Re: Can You Attend The Marriage Of A Gay Brother Or Relative? by manny4life(m): 2:48pm On Jul 31, 2013
flexshop:

You are not reading my posts at all, I posited that sin is evil. I didn't single out any sin and call it good. I am not coercing you to buy into my school of thought, I only want you to look at things from a moral point of view. Homosexuals,necromancers,thieves,prostitutes,fornicators,liars etc etc will sure go to hell.
If we are not to judge and I repeat see things from the human rights POV, then necrophiliac,prostitutes,people who engage in bestiality and many other such abnormal existences have a case.
Forget what they told you in the western media,homosexuality is a psychological and biological disorder. I'm still carrying out a research on that, Just as necrophilia is. In another thread I told a gay rights activist that with the right combination of chemicals, I can turn him gay. I have indeed succeeded in that feat with albino mice. So if I string my hypothesis together, I will prove beyond reasonable doubt that gay right movements are actually evil conceptions to make a human defect seem normal.

@hezron, I understand your plight, being gay aint your fault.its either its learned like you posited from your post viz raised that way or its a genetic or physiological disorder.a therapy is on the way.meanwhile, you guys are in my prayers.your healing may come sooner

ianq:

Let it not amaze you when I mention 'The Word'. I have simply culled directly from John 1:1-5 and I am relieved that you do affirm your faith in The Lord's Christ, brother.
I agree with you when you say that we cannot claim ignorance at the final judgement;that assertion is in tandem with my previous argument.
You still seem to be avoiding the direct question I asked, though. What would your stance/reaction be towards a homosexual son, brother or even enemy? Recall the question as posed by the OP. Would you assume indifference, by explaining it isn't our duty to judge(and,indeed it isn't) or would you, knowing the criteria on the matter(1 COR 6:9-20) ,attempt in true love to point them to the way of 'The Word'?

I'm at work now, today is the 31st, I'm super busy with end of month activities so I do not have the time for argument, though I do not want to argue any further about this.

My brothers, IT IS WELL WITH YOU and your fellow brethren... IJN.
Re: Can You Attend The Marriage Of A Gay Brother Or Relative? by ianq: 3:12pm On Jul 31, 2013
manny4life:

I'm at work now, today is the 31st, I'm super busy with end of month activities so I do not have the time for argument, though I do not want to argue any further about this.

My brothers, IT IS WELL WITH YOU and your fellow brethren... IJN.

Ok.
Re: Can You Attend The Marriage Of A Gay Brother Or Relative? by Infomizer(m): 3:50pm On Jul 31, 2013
Why not? Provided they skip the "you may now kiss the bride" part. That, i can't stand if they are male! wink
Re: Can You Attend The Marriage Of A Gay Brother Or Relative? by lambapoker: 6:57pm On Jul 31, 2013
I will never ever attend such a disgusting wedding even if they are giving out millions of dollar as gift to their well wishers
Re: Can You Attend The Marriage Of A Gay Brother Or Relative? by lymelyte(m): 7:53pm On Jul 31, 2013
Amaaskia:

You're cursing her cause she's a lesbian? You're even judging her after you preached on this same thread, about how wrong homosexuality/lesbianism is

You're a fucking hypocrite!!!
Nah! You go to hell and burn to pieces, I puke on you and your pathetic lineage, your ancestry included..

I hate hypocrites, you're a stinking pathetic pretender!!
you have started again abi? you are always fond of insulting pple anyhow.can you do all this facially?
Re: Can You Attend The Marriage Of A Gay Brother Or Relative? by Nobody: 7:56pm On Jul 31, 2013
carefreewannabe: "Pope Francis said Monday that he will not "judge" gays and lesbians - including gay priests - signaling a shift from his predecessor and offering another sign that the new pope is committed to changing the church's approach to historically marginalized groups.

“If someone is gay and he searches for the Lord and has good will, who am I to judge?” Francis said in a wide-ranging news conference aboard the papal plane."

Re: Can You Attend The Marriage Of A Gay Brother Or Relative? by Nobody: 7:57pm On Jul 31, 2013
carefreewannabe: "Pope Francis's brief comment on gays reveals great mercy," said the Rev. James Martin, a Jesuit priest and editor at America, a Catholic magazine based in New York.

"Today Pope Francis has, once again, lived out the Gospel message of compassion for everyone," Martin said."

Re: Can You Attend The Marriage Of A Gay Brother Or Relative? by macolino(m): 7:59pm On Jul 31, 2013
Gay act is demonic.I can only send Bomb well packaged and send to them as a wedding gift.Bleep Gays,very disgust act..
Re: Can You Attend The Marriage Of A Gay Brother Or Relative? by EHoudini: 8:44pm On Jul 31, 2013
Yes; I will. So long it takes place in d sapulchre!
Re: Can You Attend The Marriage Of A Gay Brother Or Relative? by Nobody: 10:01pm On Jul 31, 2013
macolino: Gay act is demonic.I can only send Bomb well packaged and send to them as a wedding gift.Bleep Gays,very disgust act..

And sending bomb to them isn't demonic?
Re: Can You Attend The Marriage Of A Gay Brother Or Relative? by russianyuri: 11:05pm On Jul 31, 2013
Is that even a marriage?? Its a wedding quite alright.
Marriage is defined as a union between a MAN and a WOMAN, an institution blessed by God. Now Gay have done their own, Our Senators have also passed their own into Law (A MAN and A Baby)SMH. Let them keep deceiving themselves. That Alhaji Sambo's Nigerian Aircraft will carry all of them one day.
Re: Can You Attend The Marriage Of A Gay Brother Or Relative? by omosebi007: 5:34am On Aug 01, 2013
oluwa maje God 4bid
Re: Can You Attend The Marriage Of A Gay Brother Or Relative? by DutchNegro(m): 8:28am On Aug 01, 2013
free2ryhme:

where is it quoted in the scriptures

God is God and most certainly not God

Biblical Names of God below I support mine with scriptures... show me one that says He(God) is Catholic

•Advocate - 1 John 2:1

•Almighty - Revelation 1:8

• Alpha - Revelation 1:8

•Amen - Revelation 3:14

•Angel of the Lord - Genesis 16:7

•Anointed One - Psalm 2:2

•Apostle - Hebrews 3:1

•Author and Perfecter of our Faith - Hebrews 12:2

•Beginning - Revelation 21:6

•Bishop of Souls - 1 Peter 2:25

•Branch - Zechariah 3:8

• Bread of Life - John 6:35,48

•Bridegroom - Matthew 9:15

•Carpenter - Mark 6:3

•Chief Shepherd - 1 Peter 5:4

•The Christ - Matthew 1:16

•Comforter - Jeremiah 8:18

•Consolation of Israel - Luke 2:25

•Cornerstone - Ephesians 2:20

•Dayspring - Luke 1:78

•Day Star - 2 Peter 1:19

•Deliverer - Romans 11:26

•Desire of Nations - Haggai 2:7

•Emmanuel - Matthew 1:23

•End - Revelation 21:6

•Everlasting Father - Isaiah 9:6

•Faithful and True Witness - Revelation 3:14

•First Fruits - 1 Corinthians 15:23

•Foundation - Isaiah 28:16

•Fountain - Zechariah 13:1

•Friend of Sinners - Matthew 11:19

•Gate for the Sheep - John 10:7

•Gift of God - 2 Corinthians 9:15

•God - John 1:1

•Glory of God - Isaiah 60:1

•Good Shepherd - John 10:11

•Governor - Matthew 2:6

•Great Shepherd - Hebrews 13:20

•Guide - Psalm 48:14

•Head of the Church - Colossians 1:18

•High Priest - Hebrews 3:1

•Holy One of Israel - Isaiah 41:14

•Horn of Salvation - Luke 1:69

•I Am - Exodus 3:14

•Jehovah - Psalm 83:18

•Jesus - Matthew 1:21

•King of Israel - Matthew 27:42

•King of Kings - 1 Timothy 6:15; Revelation 19:16

• Lamb of God - John 1:29

• Last Adam - 1 Corinthians 15:45

•Life - John 11:25

• Light of the World - John 8:12; John 9:5

•Lion of the Tribe of Judah - Revelation 5:5

•Lord of Lords - 1 Timothy 6:15; Revelation 19:16

•Master - Matthew 23:8

•Mediator - 1 Timothy 2:5

•Messiah - John 1:41

•Mighty God - Isaiah 9:6

• Morning Star - Revelation 22:16

•Nazarene - Matthew 2:23

• Omega - Revelation 1:8

• Passover Lamb - 1 Corinthians 5:7

•Physician - Matthew 9:12

•Potentate - 1 Timothy 6:15

•Priest - Hebrews 4:15

•Prince of Peace - Isaiah 9:6

•Prophet - Acts 3:22

•Propitiation - I John 2:2

•Purifier - Malachi 3:3

•Rabbi - John 1:49

•Ransom - 1 Timothy 2:6

•Redeemer - Isaiah 41:14

•Refiner - Malachi 3:2

•Refuge - Isaiah 25:4

• Resurrection - John 11:25

•Righteousness - Jeremiah 23:6

•Rock - Deuteronomy 32:4

•Root of David - Revelation 22:16

•Rose of Sharon - Song of Solomon 2:1

•Ruler of God's Creation - Revelation 3:14

•Sacrifice - Ephesians 5:2

•Savior - 2 Samuel 22:47; Luke 1:47

•Second Adam - 1 Corinthians 15:47

•Seed of Abraham - Galatians 3:16

•Seed of David - 2 Timothy 2:8

•Seed of the Woman - Genesis 3:15

•Servant - Isaiah 42:1

•Shepherd - 1 Peter 2:25

•Shiloh - Genesis 49:10

•Son of David - Matthew 15:22

•Son of God - Luke 1:35

•Son of Man - Matthew 18:11

•Son of Mary - Mark 6:3

•Son of the Most High - Luke 1:32

•Stone - Isaiah 28:16

•Sun of Righteousness - Malachi 4:2

•Teacher - Matthew 26:18

•Truth - John 14:6

•Way - John 14:6

•Wonderful Counselor - Isaiah 9:6

•Word - John 1:1

•Vine - John 15:1

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

Husband Slapped Me Over An Argument / Pastor Glory Idahosa Speaks On His Marriage, Christabel Idahosa's Accusations / My Own Mother Sleeping With My Friend’s Dad!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.