Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,034 members, 7,807,081 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:17 AM

Benue State University Teaching Hospital In Pictures. - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Benue State University Teaching Hospital In Pictures. (37633 Views)

Launching Of Obijackson Children Hospital In Anambra, Nigeria (Photos) / Protest in Uniport Teaching Hospital today due to the death of a student / CLAM Church Opens SOTERIA Hospital In Lagos (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Benue State University Teaching Hospital In Pictures. by Maksjoy: 9:50pm On Jul 30, 2013
Decryptor: So much for a University Teaching Hospital. The question is will they have the hands to work with it effectively? I learnt that their indigenous lecturers there are so wack!
U heard right. Most of them r godfather appointed! Otondo dem! Serious tribal sentiments thriving there, even among their own indigenes. The edifice of the teaching hospital is actually beautiful, attractive aesthetically, but inside, very empty. Devoid of equipments. Those displayed in these pics, u find in just a few rooms, scattered here and there. Mtcheeeeeeeeew. All na politics, when present gov, Gab Su-su as he is fondly called, leaves office, d place will go desolate. No b curse oh! Speaking from d Nigerian experience!!!

1 Like

Re: Benue State University Teaching Hospital In Pictures. by Solarpower(m): 9:52pm On Jul 30, 2013
Yea.......poor or near absent culture of maintenance!
Re: Benue State University Teaching Hospital In Pictures. by Fitzy4real(m): 9:55pm On Jul 30, 2013
I just want to see 1 MRI machine...
Re: Benue State University Teaching Hospital In Pictures. by Didi8: 10:00pm On Jul 30, 2013
billante:
Abeg help me ask them!
Even my fathers private hospital is more equipped and better looking than this!

ujoinme:

Can you show a picture of your fathers hospital here for all to see?
I dare you to post your fathers hospital or you r just here to run your mouth.

I believe he needs flagyl for his running mouth.
Re: Benue State University Teaching Hospital In Pictures. by omenka(m): 10:07pm On Jul 30, 2013
And here is a pic of the medical college

1 Like

Re: Benue State University Teaching Hospital In Pictures. by Sirkris(m): 10:10pm On Jul 30, 2013
there are good hands managing the teaching hospital. please don't say things out of share hatred directed as some section, try to visit the place and see. if you care to know, the teaching hospital has been accredited and will have there first graduate very soon. mind you, am not from benue.

1 Like

Re: Benue State University Teaching Hospital In Pictures. by omenka(m): 10:11pm On Jul 30, 2013
But with all these, Patience Faka would still fly to Germany to get paracetamol!

1 Like

Re: Benue State University Teaching Hospital In Pictures. by OCTAVO: 10:12pm On Jul 30, 2013
This is a teaching hospital? Mhen..... It looks like a primary health care centre!
#NoOffence
Re: Benue State University Teaching Hospital In Pictures. by OCTAVO: 10:14pm On Jul 30, 2013
Why are you guys just posting the pictures of empty buildings? Na buildings be the infrastructures wey una go take treat people?
Kai!

2 Likes

Re: Benue State University Teaching Hospital In Pictures. by dominique(f): 10:25pm On Jul 30, 2013
CtgThe bruilding was under construction when I served there and the building looked quite nice from the outside (those who know the real Bsu knows what I'm talking about). They still have a long way to go in meeting up with standards.

1 Like

Re: Benue State University Teaching Hospital In Pictures. by Lakayanah: 10:26pm On Jul 30, 2013
billante:
Abeg help me ask them!
Even my fathers private hospital is more equipped and better looking than this!
you mean where your papa is a cleaner is better than this?

1 Like

Re: Benue State University Teaching Hospital In Pictures. by JideTheBlogger(m): 10:31pm On Jul 30, 2013
EllyBrainy™:
And the Medicine is still not accredited..... lipsrsealed

Abi oooo. My friend changed her course to Biology from Medicine because of ish. sucks*
Re: Benue State University Teaching Hospital In Pictures. by bebechuks: 10:35pm On Jul 30, 2013
Babzilla: I HEAR THEY HAVE A VERY
VIBRANT HIV/STD UNIT cool
r u HIV postive? U may go there nd ask.

1 Like

Re: Benue State University Teaching Hospital In Pictures. by judeff: 10:39pm On Jul 30, 2013
Scarpon: gej administration is the best Nigeria ever had # team gej#
dis project i̶̲̥̅̊$ in to two folds, the medical college Aи̣̣D̶̲̥̅̊ this teaching hospital all started Aи̣̣D̶̲̥̅̊ was partly completed by the Akume administration, the present susawm administration completed the teaching hospital( in a pdp way though ) but till date no single medical student has graduated from benue state university, I know of ppl who entered d uni b4 me bt today I hv graduated Aи̣̣D̶̲̥̅̊ done with service bt ma seniors in dt faculty are still in year 4...- don't hv to sing praises for any of them.so I want to tell uu say no to slavery be it GEJ or anyone
Re: Benue State University Teaching Hospital In Pictures. by lawizle(m): 10:52pm On Jul 30, 2013
Any chance to do medical housemanship there?
Re: Benue State University Teaching Hospital In Pictures. by Ukeme453: 11:00pm On Jul 30, 2013
If dt hospital do generate job, it is 100
Percent Ok. Bravo Gabrial Suswan
Re: Benue State University Teaching Hospital In Pictures. by ujoinme: 11:14pm On Jul 30, 2013
EllyBrainy™:
And the Medicine is still not accredited..... lipsrsealed

Next time do some research before running your mouth. some of you guys are unbelievable commenting on stuff you dont know squat about. FYI heres the accreditation status of the school.

BSUTH Accreditation
The nightmare of pioneering students of the College of health Sciences, Benue State University Makurdi, is now over following the granting of full accreditation to the Benue State University Teaching Hospital (BSUTH) by the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria.

All is now set for the students to take the practical exams which will pave way for their graduation. The examinations, expected to come up in January 2013, would be taken by both the pioneering students set and the class next to them, to make up 50 students.

Consequently, the Chief Medical Director (CMD) of the hospital, Prof. Abraham Orkurga Malu has expressed gratitude to the state government for the Teaching Hospital which, he said has started yielding benefits. A statement by the Hospital's Head of Public Relations Mr. Cephas Hough, also conveyed the appreciation of the Medical Director to the Management Board and the entire staff of the hospital for working tirelessly towards the successful accreditation of the hospital by the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria.

Prof. Malu, who stated that the accreditation followed a recent visit by the Nigeria Medical and Dental Council, also stated that the Council expressed satisfaction with the quality of manpower, equipment and facility at the hospital, research and provision of healthcare services to patients.

He expressed delight that, the accreditation had put behind the problem of stagnation of medical students of the Benue State University due to lack of a teaching hospital required for their training.

The first set of medical students was matriculated into the College of Health Sciences, Benue State University, Makurdi in the 2003/2004 academic session.

From this date, the students had put in at least nine years for a course that has a duration of six years.

2 Likes

Re: Benue State University Teaching Hospital In Pictures. by amaham(m): 11:22pm On Jul 30, 2013
a good look at the theatre showed a table and just a head lamp. no anaesthetic machine, no gas cylinder or pipeline gas supply. I just wish the patient going to enter that theatre a safe trip to the beyond
Re: Benue State University Teaching Hospital In Pictures. by blaise01(m): 11:23pm On Jul 30, 2013
BSUTH has very impressive infrastructure & equipments but lack a lot personnel wise. Having said that the efforts put in by the state Govt in building the hospital is very commendable,i visited this hospital about this time last year.kudos to Gov. George Akume & Gabriel Suswam on this.
Re: Benue State University Teaching Hospital In Pictures. by ujoinme: 11:25pm On Jul 30, 2013
Symphony007: That is a teaching hospital?....this is a mere rivers state government dental clinic.

i thought you were going to post pictures of the rivers state university teaching hospital for comparism .Comparing apple to oranges tells me all i need to know about you. You dont know what a teaching hospital is.
Re: Benue State University Teaching Hospital In Pictures. by ujoinme: 11:28pm On Jul 30, 2013
amaham: a good look at the theatre showed a table and just a head lamp. no anaesthetic machine, no gas cylinder or pipeline gas supply. I just wish the patient going to enter that theatre a safe trip to the beyond

did you visit the UBTH website to ascertain its capabilities and services before making your assertion or your just jumping to conclusion based on a single picture?
Re: Benue State University Teaching Hospital In Pictures. by Nobody: 11:28pm On Jul 30, 2013
WHATS THIS? A COMMUNITY HEALTH CENTRE?
Re: Benue State University Teaching Hospital In Pictures. by Symphony007: 11:28pm On Jul 30, 2013
ujoinme:

i thought you were going to show the rivers state university teaching hospital.Comparing apple to oranges tells me all i need to know about you. You dont know what a teaching hospital is.
the rivers state university of science and technology is a tech and science school, they don't offer medicine so a teaching hospital is'nt required...but there is a federal teaching hospital at choba and there is no basis for comparism witj this.
Re: Benue State University Teaching Hospital In Pictures. by ujoinme: 11:29pm On Jul 30, 2013
Symphony007: the rivers state university of science and technology is a tech and science school, they don't offer medicine so a teaching hospital is'nt required...but there is a federal teaching hospital at choba and there is no basis for comparism witj this.

exactly my point.
Re: Benue State University Teaching Hospital In Pictures. by tellwisdom: 11:33pm On Jul 30, 2013
Very poor standard sad...I cant even treat a bruise there,let alone sleeping there for admission. sad
Re: Benue State University Teaching Hospital In Pictures. by ujoinme: 11:42pm On Jul 30, 2013
tellwisdom: Very poor standard sad...I cant even treat a bruise there,let alone sleeping there for admission. sad

and what fact do you base your assertion on? can you expantiate ?
Re: Benue State University Teaching Hospital In Pictures. by tellwisdom: 11:43pm On Jul 30, 2013
ujoinme:

and what fact do you base your assertion on? can you expatiate?

Expatiate what??..DO i look like your teacher?? sad
Re: Benue State University Teaching Hospital In Pictures. by ujoinme: 12:05am On Jul 31, 2013
susam is working

Re: Benue State University Teaching Hospital In Pictures. by OdeyTommy: 12:32am On Jul 31, 2013
Benue state are really trying in the area of education, I personally give them kudos.
Re: Benue State University Teaching Hospital In Pictures. by Kunlexic(m): 12:35am On Jul 31, 2013
The premises gud ooo,but we dnt see d insyd cos dis schl dat they didnt accredit their medice,are u sure they get instrument oo,not the fine fine infrasture matter oo,its how they are equipped.
Re: Benue State University Teaching Hospital In Pictures. by eaglechild: 12:39am On Jul 31, 2013
Hospitals are not run on empty colourful buildings.
The theatre i saw looks depressing.
However, kudos for the good landscaping and serene environment.
The main challenge is equipping the hospital.
A CT, MRI,Radiotherapy, and MODERN theatres etc are the way to go.
Then MANPOWER. The easiest way to kill off the place is to employ just natives cause they will not be able to provide all the expertise esp at this stage. So they need to be liberal.
Re: Benue State University Teaching Hospital In Pictures. by Symphony007: 12:46am On Jul 31, 2013
ujoinme:

exactly my point.
which is?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

TYPHOID FEVER : Symptoms And Treatment / UK Bans Healthcare Workers From Bringing Families / Black Soot: Port Harcourt Dangerous Air Pollution - Eyewitness Account (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.