Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,337 members, 7,780,881 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:17 AM

Rivers State Secretariat Is The Tallest And Biggest In Nigeria. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers State Secretariat Is The Tallest And Biggest In Nigeria. (66882 Views)

Mad Man At Lagos State Secretariat Alausa Demanding To See Ambode(photos) / Protest Going On On LAGOS STATE Secretariat Road (pictures) / Enugu's New State Secretariat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rivers State Secretariat Is The Tallest And Biggest In Nigeria. by Nobody: 7:35am On Aug 01, 2013
^ lols. So a farm has translated to a developed place abi? U need to see d closed secondary school to dat farm in Bunu community. Lwkmd.

Tired of replying u. Goodluck

1 Like

Re: Rivers State Secretariat Is The Tallest And Biggest In Nigeria. by Symphony007: 7:35am On Aug 01, 2013
Oko_AGB:

I hope you know we are talking abt PH metropolis and not other LGAs. In otherwords just phcity and some parts of obiakpor.

On d v.I.p point, why were resisdents screaming blue murder dat d city was locked down wen PEG visited recently? Dats cos d security on aba road was beefed up and d town shut down

I still maintain dat d city is too compact to serve as a capital city for Nigeria
what do you mean by LGA's? Is ikeja not suppose to be the city of lagos? Everyother area is an LGA that is now pratically incorporated in the city.

Once again, traffic is a major issue in every populated city, i don't remember lagosians jumping for joy whenever the first couple is in town and major roads are blocked..or the infamous floods that shur down that city and caused the government to declare a public holiday..

Port harcourt was never meant to be the capital of nigeria. It was a retreat for the british in nigeria. It was like a little paradise called the garden city. The founding of oil and other commercial prospects blew up the city unless before port harcourt officially was from borokiri to utc at nnamdi azikiwe road. Diobu down are ikwerre villages.

3 Likes

Re: Rivers State Secretariat Is The Tallest And Biggest In Nigeria. by Symphony007: 7:38am On Aug 01, 2013
Oko_AGB: ^ lols. So a farm has translated to a developed place abi? U need to see d closed secondary school to dat farm in Bunu community. Lwkmd.

Tired of replying u. Goodluck
a farm? A farm with residential area, recreational area, research institute,offices, a facility that streaches hecters of land where even expatraits live. Yeah, it's very convinent to call it as farm to trivialize it in the eyes of those who have'nt seen it. I'm not tired of replying. Goodluck.
Re: Rivers State Secretariat Is The Tallest And Biggest In Nigeria. by Abagworo(m): 7:50am On Aug 01, 2013
otokx:

Bros please stop joking, Port Harcourt cannot be the same size as Lagos which is expanding into Ogun State.

Its easy to calculate. The distance from Mbiama to Akwa-ibom is already bigger than Lagos not to talk of from Bonny to Abia boundary. Unless he meant Lagos Island and Port-Harcourt city.
Re: Rivers State Secretariat Is The Tallest And Biggest In Nigeria. by kel4soft: 7:59am On Aug 01, 2013
Symphony007: thank you so much for this..did my job better than me.
I went to Government Comprehensive Secondary School, Borikiri

1 Like

Re: Rivers State Secretariat Is The Tallest And Biggest In Nigeria. by kel4soft: 8:13am On Aug 01, 2013
otokx:
Bros please stop joking, Port Harcourt cannot be the same size as Lagos which is expanding into Ogun State.
Port Harcourt City before now have just one and half LGA. That is PHALGA and some part of Obio/AKpor. But, since ten years ago it has added 2 more local government namely Eleme and Ikwerre LGA. That said, people confuse old Port Harcourt township that is refer to as 'Garden City' with the present day Port Harcourt.
The military government did not help matter to give this present day Port Harcourt that plan we all dream of. People were buying land and building houses indiscriminating. And thus alter the initial design of the city. That is why it was difficult for the present day government to develop without demolishing. No wonder the govt came with a mega city called Greater Port Harcourt. If you visit the new city you will notice internal roads been constructed and some trunck A roads such as Prof. Tam West road and M10 road in progress, with M1 road to link the old township with the new city coming this december. Havin said these, mistakes of our fore fathers can be corrected if we all work together.

3 Likes

Re: Rivers State Secretariat Is The Tallest And Biggest In Nigeria. by kel4soft: 8:22am On Aug 01, 2013
Symphony007: and what about port harcourt that is expanding beyond ogoni, into ahoada,tai and even nearly aba.
There is a different between Port Harcourt and Rivers State.
Re: Rivers State Secretariat Is The Tallest And Biggest In Nigeria. by EkoAtlantic: 8:52am On Aug 01, 2013
Scarpon: lie the tallest should be the one in one yoruba state forgot the name sha

they are discussing tallest secretariat, not tallest building.
tallest buildings: nitel blg, uba blg, etc all in Lagos, also cocoa house in Ibadan, none is less than 25 floors.
Re: Rivers State Secretariat Is The Tallest And Biggest In Nigeria. by IGBOSON1: 9:32am On Aug 01, 2013
omo-Yoruba:

I have been hearing about this building. How come there is no photo of it?

^^^Ebonyi peeps no dey take pishure! Even the impressive looking new secretariat being built has absolutely no pics on the net! undecided
Re: Rivers State Secretariat Is The Tallest And Biggest In Nigeria. by Abagworo(m): 10:00am On Aug 01, 2013
Aerial view of Rivers secretariat and environs.

3 Likes

Re: Rivers State Secretariat Is The Tallest And Biggest In Nigeria. by Nobody: 9:05am On Apr 26, 2015
kel4soft:
Diette Spiff legacy.
yes ooo!
Re: Rivers State Secretariat Is The Tallest And Biggest In Nigeria. by Nobody: 9:09am On Apr 26, 2015
peleson:
Rivers State can comfortably be the federal capital of Nigeria.
Rivers State has the best governors/government house in West Africa. One of the best if not the best in Africa. Lagos dey learn. If not for federal and private enterprise, lagos no go see Rivers State back at all!
true talk..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rivers State Secretariat Is The Tallest And Biggest In Nigeria. by Nobody: 9:17am On Apr 26, 2015
Scarpon:
lie the tallest should be the one in one yoruba state forgot the name sha
taaaah! Go n sleep, wot do u knw?
Re: Rivers State Secretariat Is The Tallest And Biggest In Nigeria. by VORTEX(m): 9:17am On Apr 13, 2017
Guys, Una fit help me with the exact location; I mean a Precise address that someone can use to locate the Building? No vex oh. I no be Port Harcourt First Son. Lol
Re: Rivers State Secretariat Is The Tallest And Biggest In Nigeria. by BolajiApata: 1:40pm On Dec 07, 2017
Abagworo:
Aerial view of Rivers secretariat and environs.

Please what is the name of this district or Area?
Re: Rivers State Secretariat Is The Tallest And Biggest In Nigeria. by tfk96: 3:01pm On Dec 07, 2017
I want to remind u of our last discussion concerning the sales and supply of hampers,bag of rice,live chicken etc with free delivery. Feel free to contact me 08038176865,08026960982
Re: Rivers State Secretariat Is The Tallest And Biggest In Nigeria. by bettercreature(m): 3:01pm On Dec 07, 2017
Scarpon:
lie the tallest should be the one in one yoruba state forgot the name sha
Dont mind them Cocoa house is 26 floors
Nitel building 32 floors and several others
Union bank head office 28 floors
This 18 floors can not make top 20 high rise building in Nigeria

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers State Secretariat Is The Tallest And Biggest In Nigeria. by gerreer52: 3:02pm On Dec 07, 2017
awesome

Re: Rivers State Secretariat Is The Tallest And Biggest In Nigeria. by igwegeorgiano(m): 3:02pm On Dec 07, 2017
kel4soft:
Diette Spiff legacy.
on point my person. no other governor after diete spiff has bn able to rival his achievement. very young and ebullient as at the time and now the amayananbo of brass in bayelsa state
Re: Rivers State Secretariat Is The Tallest And Biggest In Nigeria. by Clean2016: 3:03pm On Dec 07, 2017
Symphony007:
The rivers state government secretariat is the tallest and biggest government secretariat in the country apart from the federal secretariate in abuja. The rivers state secretariate complex is a cluster of about 6 nine storey building and the principal secretariat which is almost 20 storey high is the tallest building in the south south and south east of nigeria. The buildings beats out competition from rival lagos and kano. They are a highlight of the city and is located at it's heart besides the state government house, central bank, city council, house of assembly, high court..etc

This are the tallest building in Nigeria. try get good information.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_tallest_buildings_in_Nigeria
Re: Rivers State Secretariat Is The Tallest And Biggest In Nigeria. by Bgorgeous: 3:05pm On Dec 07, 2017
peleson:
Rivers State has the best governors/government house in West Africa. One of the best if not the best in Africa. Lagos dey learn. If not for federal and private enterprise, lagos no go see Rivers State back at all!
And bad governance
Re: Rivers State Secretariat Is The Tallest And Biggest In Nigeria. by chloride6: 3:05pm On Dec 07, 2017
4 years old thread....

OP, your God is still alive grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Rivers State Secretariat Is The Tallest And Biggest In Nigeria. by Mariangeles(f): 3:07pm On Dec 07, 2017
Nothing about Rivers state interest me...
They have the potential to be the "Lagos" of the SE &SS but the corruption and the criminal activity won't let it.

2 Likes

Re: Rivers State Secretariat Is The Tallest And Biggest In Nigeria. by Dipsong: 3:08pm On Dec 07, 2017
kel4soft:
I did my industrial attachment there (ministry of works although posted to RCC). Enjoyed their lift. Always nice if you have something to talk about.
yea it's a nice place served there , that's a picture of me inside the office of the special assistance to wike on sustainable development goals as an sdgs champion ,highly picturesque . watch out for my new single titlted "BLOW" follow me on instagram@Dipzongs will follow back sharply thanks .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rivers State Secretariat Is The Tallest And Biggest In Nigeria. by Ugomba(m): 3:09pm On Dec 07, 2017
bettercreature:
Dont mind them Cocoa house is 26 floors
Nitel building 32 floors and several others
Union bank head office 28 floors
This 18 floors can not make top 20 high rise building in Nigeria
always acting inferior.
Skull miners

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers State Secretariat Is The Tallest And Biggest In Nigeria. by MrBigiman: 3:10pm On Dec 07, 2017
Symphony007:
and apparently you don't know that lagos is a collection of local governments. The capital is just ikeja. And who told you tai is not developed? Have you ever been there? Have you heard of shongai in tai? Have you been to ahoada which is more developed than places like mushin in lagos. You have not been to eneka or choba? And when the bonny-bodo road is complete.

Plus, what do you mean by port harcourt is dirty? You have no basis for that assumption. Port harcourt despite it's growing population has managed to keep it's sanity. There are no slums like makoko or ajegunle. Port harcourt population is tripple the size of abia but aba is offensivelt dirty and ph is not. Make fact based arguements.

Fear God plss!, even won't compare PH to Lag. I spent a decade in PH and PH, it black soot, uncultured and hopeless proud and illiterate people don't come near Lag for a minute, not even Ogun state. Rubbish!

1 Like

Re: Rivers State Secretariat Is The Tallest And Biggest In Nigeria. by Owerri1stSon: 3:10pm On Dec 07, 2017
Symphony007:
The rivers state government secretariat is the tallest and biggest government secretariat in the country apart from the federal secretariate in abuja. The rivers state secretariate complex is a cluster of about 6 nine storey building and the principal secretariat which is almost 20 storey high is the tallest building in the south south and south east of nigeria. The buildings beats out competition from rival lagos and kano. They are a highlight of the city and is located at it's heart besides the state government house, central bank, city council, house of assembly, high court..etc

Is that so? Abuja, big for nothing
Re: Rivers State Secretariat Is The Tallest And Biggest In Nigeria. by Chukazu: 3:10pm On Dec 07, 2017
peleson:

Is it government structures that make a City great or better. undecided
Going by your description , Rivers is not near the share class of Lagos...those things already point to "Administrative bottleneck" ...they are more interested in having the best Government house , instead of building social infrastructures to affect lives

A City that lacks a major road network of worth is what you are comparing to Lagos. A City that has more slumps than real urban planning

1 Like

Re: Rivers State Secretariat Is The Tallest And Biggest In Nigeria. by Movic1(m): 3:10pm On Dec 07, 2017
2013 thread Who said you can't make it? Lol

By the way,that's not the tallest building in Nigeria o.

1 Like

Re: Rivers State Secretariat Is The Tallest And Biggest In Nigeria. by jashar(f): 3:11pm On Dec 07, 2017
peleson:

LET'S BE REAL ABEG. THE STATE GOVERNMENT IS A JOKE. HAVE YOU BEEN TO ABONEMA?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerians Nominate For Buhari’s Cabinet / Meet Onyechi Ikpeazu The Lawyer Who Convinced Tribunal To Declare Adeleke Winner / Passing-Out Parade Of Oyo Amotekun Corps; As Makinde Wears Amotekun Outfit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.