Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,491 members, 7,808,818 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:22 PM

Can A Non-IT Student Become A Programmer Or Webmaster? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Can A Non-IT Student Become A Programmer Or Webmaster? (2758 Views)

Pros And Cons Of Dating A Programmer Or Just A Geek / Which Phone Will You Recommend For A Programmer? / Let's Set Up a Non-Profit Developer Network (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can A Non-IT Student Become A Programmer Or Webmaster? by Gistboy: 12:19pm On Jul 31, 2013
Right from the time I was in secondary school, it has been my passion to venture into the field of IT as my career but along the line I missed the opportunity. To cut the story short. I studied Public admin in d university but my passion has been towards ICT. I always wanted to be a webmaster and a programmer. Can someone who did art be a good programmer and webmaster? Is there anyway i can achieve this without going back to the university to obtain a degree in IT related field. if yes, How do I start? I only have basic computer knowledge.
Re: Can A Non-IT Student Become A Programmer Or Webmaster? by Javanian: 12:36pm On Jul 31, 2013
Gistboy: Can someone who did art be a good programmer and webmaster?

Yes...

Is there anyway i can achieve this without going back to the university to obtain a degree in IT related field. if yes, How do I start? I only have basic computer knowledge.

https://www.nairaland.com/1147325/want-learn-programming-which-language

1 Like

Re: Can A Non-IT Student Become A Programmer Or Webmaster? by Djtm(m): 12:11am On Aug 01, 2013
Yes. I'm an example. You can get someone to teach you or just learn it yourself with the help of ebooks, online tutorials, video tutorials etc and a LOT OF PRACTICE!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Can A Non-IT Student Become A Programmer Or Webmaster? by OCTAVO: 9:46pm On Aug 01, 2013
I am another example I'm a graduate Biologist. I'm learning solo... I have loads and loads of video tutorials that I can't finish learning from in the next five months(all downloaded from the net). Presently, I'm learning PHP & Mysql.
What it takes is sleepless nights, hard work, and determination.

1 Like

Re: Can A Non-IT Student Become A Programmer Or Webmaster? by Gistboy: 8:00am On Aug 02, 2013
Javanian:

Yes...

https://www.nairaland.com/1147325/want-learn-programming-which-language
Tanx alot. I really appreciate. I was also thinking of enroling in one of the ICT Training institute atleast to be introduced to the technicalities in Programming. I checked NIIT Onitsha bu there training fee is very exorbitant. Pls if you knw any affordable center around south east, i would like to know the name etc.
Re: Can A Non-IT Student Become A Programmer Or Webmaster? by Gistboy: 8:10am On Aug 02, 2013
OCTAVO: I am another example I'm a graduate Biologist. I'm learning solo... I have loads and loads of video tutorials that I can't finish learning from in the next five months(all downloaded from the net). Presently, I'm learning PHP & Mysql.
What it takes is sleepless nights, hard work, and determination.

Djtm: Yes. I'm an example. You can get someone to teach you or just learn it yourself with the help of ebooks, online tutorials, video tutorials etc and a LOT OF PRACTICE!!!!!

That is very nice. I am happy to know that there are people like me who are actually doing great in area of programming. Can you give me links where i can download those training ebooks, softwares etc. I would also like to know the language you guyz learnt first.
Re: Can A Non-IT Student Become A Programmer Or Webmaster? by OCTAVO: 8:21am On Aug 02, 2013
Gistboy:

That is very nice. I am happy to know that there are people like me who are actually doing great in area of programming. Can you give me links where i can download those training ebooks, softwares etc. I would also like to know the language you guyz learnt first.
I will suggest that you learn more through video tutorials. Search for them on torrent sites.
You can search for udemy on www.piratebay.se it will bring out a video on how to become a Web developer from the scratch (video tutorial over 2gig) .
As for the language to learn first, HTML is your surest bet.
Re: Can A Non-IT Student Become A Programmer Or Webmaster? by Ajibel(m): 11:17am On Aug 02, 2013
@Op, go to that link Javanian provided, pick a language of ur choice then u can worry about the best tutorials or softwares to use.
If u want to start with web design- head to w3schools(dot)com wink
Re: Can A Non-IT Student Become A Programmer Or Webmaster? by Djtm(m): 12:16pm On Aug 02, 2013
Gistboy:

i leaent html first.

1 Like

Re: Can A Non-IT Student Become A Programmer Or Webmaster? by OCTAVO: 12:32pm On Aug 02, 2013
Djtm:
i leaent html first.
Exactly. No matter your language of interest, you still need the elementary knowledge of HTML.
Re: Can A Non-IT Student Become A Programmer Or Webmaster? by john11769(m): 4:12pm On Aug 08, 2013
The place for you to start is with html, you can inbox for a free download bro.
Re: Can A Non-IT Student Become A Programmer Or Webmaster? by Nobody: 8:25am On Aug 09, 2013
My Bsc is Bus admin from University that has nothing to do with programming, i have a doctor friend who is a dojotoolkit developer
Re: Can A Non-IT Student Become A Programmer Or Webmaster? by edogho(m): 4:46pm On Aug 09, 2013
john11769: The place for you to start is with html, you can inbox for a free download bro.
ehen dearest john. I will need the download link too o. Send 2 Mr.saturnite@gmail.com pls n thank u
Re: Can A Non-IT Student Become A Programmer Or Webmaster? by dankena(m): 10:58am On Aug 14, 2013
i have everything(all the action videos) it take to be a great web developer from scratch....html,javascript,css2,css3 php,mysql,json,xml,html5,ajas,jquery dreemweaver,worldpress,etc pm me if you need any of them...
edogho: ehen dearest john. I will need the download link too o. Send 2 Mr.saturnite@gmail.com pls n thank u
Re: Can A Non-IT Student Become A Programmer Or Webmaster? by Professurr(m): 5:14pm On Aug 14, 2013
Please I would appreciate it if I could be inboxed the learning materials.
onoriodeonobeke@gmail.com.
Thanks pals.
Re: Can A Non-IT Student Become A Programmer Or Webmaster? by OlaRB(m): 5:59am On Aug 15, 2013
please, I am also interested in the learning material. Olalekan.babatunde@gmail.com
Re: Can A Non-IT Student Become A Programmer Or Webmaster? by kzzyjoe(m): 12:33pm On Aug 15, 2013
dankena: i have everything(all the action videos) it take to be a great web developer from scratch....html,javascript,css2,css3 php,mysql,json,xml,html5,ajas,jquery dreemweaver,worldpress,etc pm me if you need any of them...
dankena: i have everything(all the action videos) it take to be a great web developer from scratch....html,javascript,css2,css3 php,mysql,json,xml,html5,ajas,jquery dreemweaver,worldpress,etc pm me if you need any of them...
Pls bros i really need the stuffs here is my email kazeemogunnaike@yahoo.com thanks.
Re: Can A Non-IT Student Become A Programmer Or Webmaster? by OCTAVO: 12:38pm On Aug 15, 2013
kzzyjoe: Pls bros i really need the stuffs here is my email kazeemogunnaike@yahoo.com thanks.
Visit www.piratebay.se and search for "becoming a web developer from the scratch" then download. It's a video tutorial and the size should be about 2.8gig. Good luck!
Re: Can A Non-IT Student Become A Programmer Or Webmaster? by dazekid(m): 11:25pm On Aug 17, 2013

Dankena pls bro I would appreciate it if you can send me some of the materials especially html...e-mail is dazekid@gmail.com ...thanks in advance
Re: Can A Non-IT Student Become A Programmer Or Webmaster? by Vicjay1(m): 9:07am On Aug 20, 2013
pis i need dem. Ttelsa@yahoo.com
Re: Can A Non-IT Student Become A Programmer Or Webmaster? by dankena(m): 11:05am On Aug 21, 2013
check your email you will receive the download links....
Re: Can A Non-IT Student Become A Programmer Or Webmaster? by krem(m): 3:58pm On Aug 29, 2013
Please am new here and came because i want to learn how to program. My email is techpert436@gmail.com.
Re: Can A Non-IT Student Become A Programmer Or Webmaster? by osazekid(m): 11:03pm On Sep 03, 2014
I also need it dankena please am begging and this is my email address
blessingagbi2@gmail.com
Re: Can A Non-IT Student Become A Programmer Or Webmaster? by Sibrah: 11:51pm On Sep 03, 2014
Yes, the first guy I ever saw who was into programming was an art student. He was into Java programming. Most IT Uni courses don't go deep much, may 2 percent of programming.

(1) (Reply)

Pls Programmers Help With Similarities Of Pseudocode & Algorithm / Preview Of Shopmaster POS / Running A Sports Betting Website

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.