Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,988 members, 7,806,875 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:49 AM

Xiaomi Red Rice(the Cheapset Quadcore Smartfone) - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Xiaomi Red Rice(the Cheapset Quadcore Smartfone) (4249 Views)

Tecno Phantom 5 Or Xiaomi Red Note 3 Pro? / OPPO N1 Launched(world's 1st Rotating Camera ANDROID Smartfone) / Wat Is D Cheapest Nokia Smartfone With Wlan/wifi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Xiaomi Red Rice(the Cheapset Quadcore Smartfone) by mrdrizzy(m): 1:45pm On Jul 31, 2013
mr.drizzy:
xiaomi one of the leading smartfone makers just lauched their first mediatek fone at a very cheaper rate,
Xiaomi have announced their latest
smartphone in China, the Xiaomi Red
Rice which will launch in China on the
5 August, the handset comes
with a 4.7 inch HD display with Gorilla
Glass 2 and 312ppi. The Xiaomi Red Rice is powered by a
quad core 1.5GHz MediaTek MT6589T
processor, and it features 1GB of RAM
and 4GB of built in storage, there is
also front and rear facing cameras. On the front of the Xiaomi Red Rice is a
1.3 megapixel camera for video chat,
on the back of the handset is an 8
megapixel camera, it also comes with
dual SIM support. The Xiaomi Red Rice comes with MIUi
V5 which is based on Android 4.2 Jelly
Bean, it also feature Bluetooth 4.0 and
WiFi Direct, it will be available in red,
grey and ivory[/b]other reviews coming up shortly
Re: Xiaomi Red Rice(the Cheapset Quadcore Smartfone) by mrdrizzy(m): 1:55pm On Jul 31, 2013
pics

Re: Xiaomi Red Rice(the Cheapset Quadcore Smartfone) by DonZikkO(m): 1:58pm On Jul 31, 2013
Mouth watering... Specs...
Gorrila glass 2
312ppi
Wonderfull
Whats the thickness And price in $$$ ✌
Re: Xiaomi Red Rice(the Cheapset Quadcore Smartfone) by mrdrizzy(m): 2:04pm On Jul 31, 2013
DonZikkO: Mouth watering... Specs...
Gorrila glass 2
312ppi
Wonderfull
Whats the thickness And price in $$$ ✌
xiaomi official price is 130$.other sellers myt vary,bt thats obviously an amazing price
Re: Xiaomi Red Rice(the Cheapset Quadcore Smartfone) by Lagusta(m): 2:05pm On Jul 31, 2013
Oya nah, let's go there!
Re: Xiaomi Red Rice(the Cheapset Quadcore Smartfone) by physise(m): 2:06pm On Jul 31, 2013
wtf $130?y dis fone nor dey nigeria na
Re: Xiaomi Red Rice(the Cheapset Quadcore Smartfone) by DonZikkO(m): 2:13pm On Jul 31, 2013
mr.drizzy:
xiaomi official price is 130$.other sellers myt vary,bt thats obviously an amazing price

omg!!! ✈ importing tinz here oh haha
this phone n price is sweet I need to call some numbers like bizbloke
130$ ✆
Re: Xiaomi Red Rice(the Cheapset Quadcore Smartfone) by Lagusta(m): 2:14pm On Jul 31, 2013
physise: wtf $130?y dis fone nor dey nigeria na

me sef I no understand. Only tecno and gionee are in Nigeria, other cheaper Chinese alternatives are not here yet
Re: Xiaomi Red Rice(the Cheapset Quadcore Smartfone) by chukxie(m): 2:21pm On Jul 31, 2013
Xiaomi is a pretty nice phone. I have a friend that uses it and i can say it's really going to give Tecno a run for its money when it lands in naija. A lot of people use it in China unlike Tecno that's barely noticeable on the market......
Re: Xiaomi Red Rice(the Cheapset Quadcore Smartfone) by DonZikkO(m): 2:23pm On Jul 31, 2013
chukxie: Xiaomi is a pretty nice phone. I have a friend that uses it and i can say it's really going to give Tecno a run for its money when it lands in naija. A lot of people use it in China unlike Tecno that's barely noticeable on the market......

hahaha ✌
Re: Xiaomi Red Rice(the Cheapset Quadcore Smartfone) by DonZikkO(m): 2:25pm On Jul 31, 2013
[quote author=mr.drizzy][/quote]

can you get the full spec of this phone??
something must be missing for them to sell at 130$ ⛪ ♚ missing.... we need them
Re: Xiaomi Red Rice(the Cheapset Quadcore Smartfone) by seunfly: 2:36pm On Jul 31, 2013
Re: Xiaomi Red Rice(the Cheapset Quadcore Smartfone) by mrdrizzy(m): 4:14pm On Jul 31, 2013
physise: wtf $130?y dis fone nor dey nigeria na
mehn bros na so we see am oh.online things
Re: Xiaomi Red Rice(the Cheapset Quadcore Smartfone) by jaymichael(m): 4:57pm On Jul 31, 2013
now wey I don save phantom pad money. na wa o ??CONFUSION THINGS¿¿
Re: Xiaomi Red Rice(the Cheapset Quadcore Smartfone) by hancock(m): 5:04pm On Jul 31, 2013
from engadget.com
http://www.engadget.com/2013/07/31/xiaomi-unveils-the-red-rice-smartphone/
Xiaomi's talk about doubling smartphone sales over last year sounded a tad ambitious, but it turns out it had a secret weapon. The company just announced the Red Rice smartphone, a pretty decently spec'd model priced at a mere 799 yuan ($130). For that pittance, Chinese buyers will get quite a bit: a quad-core MediaTek CPU, 4.7-inch 720p screen (312 ppi) with Gorilla Glass 2, 1GB RAM, 4GB storage, China Mobile's TD-SCDMA 3G, dual-sim / dual standby capability, an 8-megapixel rear camera and Xiaomi's MIUI-flavored Android. Though it's lacking the WCDMA-3G used by other Chinese networks, China Mobile's 70 percent market share should give Xiaomi more than enough users to hit its targets, especially at that price
Re: Xiaomi Red Rice(the Cheapset Quadcore Smartfone) by Nobody: 7:33pm On Jul 31, 2013
hancock: from engadget.com
http://www.engadget.com/2013/07/31/xiaomi-unveils-the-red-rice-smartphone/
Xiaomi's talk about doubling smartphone sales over last year sounded a tad ambitious, but it turns out it had a secret weapon. The company just announced the Red Rice smartphone, a pretty decently spec'd model priced at a mere 799 yuan ($130). For that pittance, Chinese buyers will get quite a bit: a quad-core MediaTek CPU, 4.7-inch 720p screen (312 ppi) with Gorilla Glass 2, 1GB RAM, 4GB storage, China Mobile's TD-SCDMA 3G, dual-sim / dual standby capability, an 8-megapixel rear camera and Xiaomi's MIUI-flavored Android. Though it's lacking the WCDMA-3G used by other Chinese networks, China Mobile's 70 percent market share should give Xiaomi more than enough users to hit its targets, especially at that price
yu mean to say dz fone no get 3G? abeg oh!
Re: Xiaomi Red Rice(the Cheapset Quadcore Smartfone) by Lagusta(m): 7:49pm On Jul 31, 2013
veektorh: yu mean to say dz fone no get 3G? abeg oh!

wcdma 3G is different from hsdpa 3g

wcdma is used mostly on fixed lines e.g visafone, multilinks and starcomms
Re: Xiaomi Red Rice(the Cheapset Quadcore Smartfone) by julienliu: 10:33pm On Jul 31, 2013
The red rice only can be working in china coz it only surport TD-SCDMA and GSM
ONLY available in China Mobile network
And the price is like 20,000 naira
If you want to use come to china.
I am a chinese BTW
Re: Xiaomi Red Rice(the Cheapset Quadcore Smartfone) by austinsmat(m): 7:25am On Aug 01, 2013
julienliu: The red rice only can be working in china coz it only surport TD-SCDMA and GSM
I am a chinese BTW
u mean i can not use my nigeria gsm network be dat
Re: Xiaomi Red Rice(the Cheapset Quadcore Smartfone) by francis247(m): 8:04am On Aug 01, 2013
Lagusta:

WCDMA is the same with HSDPA. CDMA is what refers to fixed lines such as Visafone and Multilinks
Re: Xiaomi Red Rice(the Cheapset Quadcore Smartfone) by mrdrizzy(m): 9:20am On Aug 01, 2013
xiaomi made just 2billion dollars in asia(china) and they are very well satified,dey dnt wonna go global,that doesnt sound like a company who wants beta future
Re: Xiaomi Red Rice(the Cheapset Quadcore Smartfone) by julienliu: 5:40pm On Aug 01, 2013
austinsmat: u mean i can not use my nigeria gsm network be dat
It has two sim slot. The first one only support TDSCDMA which can use for calling and browsing.
The second one only support GSM which can only for calling.
So if you have the phone here What you can do is just put your mtn or airtel sim into the second sim slot and only to call not to browse.
China Mobile sponsor the design and developing of the phone that is why the phone can be so cheap and only support china mobile 's network
That is simple in china
And xiao mi is a geek company not cellphone company
WCDMA is 3G
Hsdpa is 3.5g
WCDMA not only used in fixed lines
It is the most widely use 3g network around the world
visafone starcomms they are using CDMA 2000
Which is no more popular again
Re: Xiaomi Red Rice(the Cheapset Quadcore Smartfone) by Lagusta(m): 10:14pm On Aug 01, 2013
julienliu:
It has two sim slot. The first one only support TDSCDMA which can use for calling and browsing.
The second one only support GSM which can only for calling.
So if you have the phone here What you can do is just put your mtn or airtel sim into the second sim slot and only to call not to browse.
China Mobile sponsor the design and developing of the phone that is why the phone can be so cheap and only support china mobile 's network
That is simple in china
And xiao mi is a geek company not cellphone company
WCDMA is 3G
Hsdpa is 3.5g
WCDMA not only used in fixed lines
It is the most widely use 3g network around the world
visafone starcomms they are using CDMA 2000
Which is no more popular again

Thanx for the clarification...
Re: Xiaomi Red Rice(the Cheapset Quadcore Smartfone) by LordReed(m): 3:57am On Aug 02, 2013
Lagusta:

Not entirely correct. HSDPA can be termed a subset of WCDMA which is the same as UMTS which again is what we call 3G,in other words WCDMA is 3G both on UMTS based carriers like MTN and Glo and also on CDMA based carriers like Starcomms and Visafone.
Re: Xiaomi Red Rice(the Cheapset Quadcore Smartfone) by mrdrizzy(m): 12:49pm On Aug 04, 2013
Re: Xiaomi Red Rice(the Cheapset Quadcore Smartfone) by DonZikkO(m): 2:24pm On Aug 05, 2013
Re: Xiaomi Red Rice(the Cheapset Quadcore Smartfone) by wundakind(m): 12:11am On Aug 29, 2013
for a moment u guys got my hopes high on this phone. Den d next minute u killed it with this 3G nd gsm callin/browsin discovery of la phone..... Ok i gotta hand it to team tecno dat produces phones every 2days... Its nt easy... Tecno reign continua:::::::
Re: Xiaomi Red Rice(the Cheapset Quadcore Smartfone) by Nobody: 12:24am On Aug 29, 2013
Begining to look lyk windows phone
Re: Xiaomi Red Rice(the Cheapset Quadcore Smartfone) by Nobody: 7:19am On Aug 31, 2013
DonZikkO:

can you get the full spec of this phone??
something must be missing for them to sell at 130$ ⛪ ♚ missing.... we need them
Xiaomi Red Rice Xiaomi Red Rice

General Information
2G Network GSM
3G Network HSDPA, TD-SCDMA
4G Network No
SIM Dual micro SIM
Status Available August 2013

Body
Dimensions 125.3 x 64.5 x 9.9mm
Keyboard Touchscreen
Colors Black, Red, Gray
Cover Plastic

Display
Type IPS Corning Gorilla Glass 2, capacitive, multi-touch, touchscreen with 16,000,000 colors
-MIUI V5 UI
Size 720 x 1280 pixels, 4.7 inches, 312 pixels per inch (PPI)

Memory And OS
Card slot MicroSD, up to32 GB
Internal 4GB
OS Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean
Processors 1.5GHz quad-core Cortex-A7 CPU, MTK MT6589T chipset, PowerVR SGX544 GPU
RAM 1GB

Audio
Alert types Vibration, MP3 ringtones
Loudspeaker Yes
Audio port 3.5mm jack

Connectivity
2G GPRS – up to 32 to 48 kbps; EDGE – up to 236.8 kbps
3G Up to 21mbps downlink; Up to 5.76 mbps uplink
4G Up to 100mbps downlink; Up to 50 mbps uplink
WIFI Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Wi-Fi hotspot, DLNA, Wi-Fi Direct
Bluetooth Version 4.0, A2DP, LE
GPS A-GPS
NFC No
USB MicroUSB v2.0

Camera
Primary 8MP, up to 3264×2448-pixel pictures, HDR, face and smile detection,autofocus, geo-tagging camera with LED flash
Video 1080p@30fps
Secondary 1.3MP, up to 1280×1024-pixel pictures

Battery
Capacity 2000mAh Li-Pon battery
Stand-by N/a
Talk time N/a
Music play N/a

Other Features
Sensors Accelerometer, Gyro, Proximity, Compass, Light sensor
Messaging SMS, MMS, Email, Push Mail, IM
Browser HTML5
Java Yes
Miscellaneous - Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- MP3/WAV/eAAC+/WMA player
- Stereo FM radio with RDS
- MP4/H.264/H.263/WMV player
- Document viewer/editor
- Preloaded applications -Google Search, Maps, Gmail,
YouTube, Calendar, Google Talk, Picasa

Price
Price level About 130 USD

http://bestmobs.com/xiaomi-red-rice/

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Red Rice(the Cheapset Quadcore Smartfone) by Nobody: 9:53am On Aug 31, 2013
julienliu: The red rice only can be working in china coz it only surport TD-SCDMA and GSM
I am a chinese BTW
I knew its too good to be true
*crying-
Re: Xiaomi Red Rice(the Cheapset Quadcore Smartfone) by Nobody: 10:09am On Aug 31, 2013
wundakind: for a moment u guys got my hopes high on this phone. Den d next minute u killed it with this 3G nd gsm callin/browsin discovery of la phone..... Ok i gotta hand it to team tecno dat produces phones every 2days... Its nt easy... Tecno reign continua:::::::
na Nollywood?? undecided
Re: Xiaomi Red Rice(the Cheapset Quadcore Smartfone) by Sheuns(m): 10:26am On Aug 31, 2013
A white version that supports WCDMA networks will be out in september.

(1) (2) (Reply)

We Have All Kind Of Phone @ A Give Away Price, We Also Sell In Bulk 07085434741 / Before Buying Samsung Galaxy S7, Check Out Its Common Problems / Nokia Codes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.