Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,227 members, 7,807,760 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:35 PM

Urgent ! Visiting Canada For A Conference - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Urgent ! Visiting Canada For A Conference (13115 Views)

Traveling to USA for Msc Vs Canada for Post graduate diploma / Voluntary Jobs In Uk/canada For Graduate & Undergraduates / I Want To Reside In Canada For The Rest Of My Life: What Do I Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Urgent ! Visiting Canada For A Conference by papiwonder: 10:02am On May 29, 2008
hello .Please i don't know how to post things here.i just registered few days ago.But i want you to help me out.I want to apply for canada visiting visa.i am a student in Nigeria  and i have an invitation letter and hotel booking to attend a conference coming up in Canada.
       I have been to Russia before for a study programme and i am back in the country with there permit that will expire by October 2008 and i also have German 6 days visa on my passport but i didnt go to germany and i have been refused UK on my passport as well
      I will like to know if i stand a chance of getting the Canada visa because i am in my final year in school and what documents can i use in applying. and the amount to be on the bank statement cos i used 900k bank statement  balance of my uncle  to get the germany visa.i am 25 years old and am still single, Hope to read back.Urgent
Re: Urgent ! Visiting Canada For A Conference by Goshen360(m): 12:12pm On May 29, 2008
documents needed

your invitation letter for d conference
registration letter or confirmation for d conference
hotel reservations
if you are sponsporing your, your huge bank statement that must have enough fund after booking your flight return ticket, return ticket confirmation printout.
your admission leter as a final year student
school id card
letter from your HOD that your are one of the best student of d dept as recommendations.
your old pasport with all visas on it, valid or expired, carry it along.

these are just few i can remember for now, hope to post more when i ruminate the more. The rest na to go face embassy with their palasa questions, Good luck

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Urgent ! Visiting Canada For A Conference by lankywizar(m): 6:31pm On May 29, 2008
How far papilo, I see say u don reach here, keep it up, u suppose know me from my name here.

One love

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Urgent ! Visiting Canada For A Conference by vikiviko(m): 1:08pm On May 30, 2008
documents needed

your invitation letter for d conference
registration letter or confirmation for d conference
hotel reservations
if you are sponsporing your, your huge bank statement that must have enough fund after booking your flight return ticket, return ticket confirmation printout.
your admission leter as a final year student
school id card
letter from your HOD that your are one of the best student of d dept as recommendations.
your old pasport with all visas on it, valid or expired, carry it along.

Canadian visa requirements are very stringent, but with your status as a traveller i think u stand a chance.
You must also define your family ties here, they are concerned about your family history.
Your economic conditions must be good.As a final year student it is most likely that you under sponsorship by either parents/relatives.The bank account must be good to support for your programe you are attending, after buying your ticket.
You must apply with enough time for you to travel.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Urgent ! Visiting Canada For A Conference by papiwonder: 1:43pm On May 30, 2008
i have all the documnets from my school as well as the conference invitation letter and the hotel reservation.My uncle is sponsoring me and the balance in his account is about 1million plus now.it was the same bank statement i used in getting the germany visa.Please,i am confused about some things here, How do i do the booking of my flight return ticket, return ticket confirmation printout.

I will like to know what i can include as Economics conditions cos i still have a Russia permit that will expire by October 2008 and i have a 6 days Germany visa on my passport
Also,do i need to buy a ticket withouht been given the visa yet?
Also,i am not married yet but i still have parents and 4 younger ones.Is that alright for family ties
Also,i have a landed property.But i dont have much money on my bank statement

Pls do get back to me soonest and also.i got to know that i will apply through a courier office.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Urgent ! Visiting Canada For A Conference by papiwonder: 6:17pm On Jun 02, 2008
am still waiting bro, Pls keep me updated and put me tru, i am to submit my docs soonest.
Re: Urgent ! Visiting Canada For A Conference by funkybaby(f): 7:07pm On Jun 02, 2008
@poster

You should lay more emphasis on the letter you are going to get from your HOD and the Dean of Student Affairs office.

The letters should state the benefit/relevance of the conference to the course you are studying at school and how the conference will be beneficial academically, morally or otherwise to you.

All other factors/issues you have mentioned are 'little' since you are still a student depending on your family for most of your expenses.

Lastly, you do not need to submit a return ticket along with your application for the Canadian visa. It is not one of their requirements. All the folks i know that have gotten Canadian visiting visas got theirs without booking or paying for any return ticket prior to their application. If you insist and what to include it with your application, do know that it is no guarantee to getting the visa and be prepared to pay 'cute' charges to the airline for ticket cancellation/changes in travel date.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Urgent ! Visiting Canada For A Conference by papiwonder: 10:45am On Jun 03, 2008
Thank you very much Funkybaby.I would confess that i was able to get my previous Germany visa through reading from some advices of this forum.Although,i didnt travel to Germany because they gave me 6 days visa that i requested for but i have been to Russsia before for like 3 months training course.

I really appreciate all the points mention and i will follow it up.I will not put any ticket stuff in my application.I will collect all the letter from my school

also i am confused about the amount to be on the bank statement cos my uncle that wants to sponsor me has like 1million naira balance in is account but he has been running the account very good, The sum of credit is about 15 million while debit is about 13 million, I will like to know like how much should be in the bank account becuase the conference is for 4 days and i make hotel reservation of 4 days as well.

Pls funky and fellow nairaland,I stay in Lagos outskirt.Can you put me through the DHL area i can submit my documents at in Lagos or is it in Ghana application center.Hope to read back.
Re: Urgent ! Visiting Canada For A Conference by funkybaby(f): 11:25am On Jun 03, 2008
papiwonder:

Thank you very much Funkybaby.I would confess that i was able to get my previous Germany visa through reading from some advices of this forum.Although,i didnt travel to Germany because they gave me 6 days visa that i requested for but i have been to Russsia before for like 3 months training course.

I really appreciate all the points mention and i will follow it up.I will not put any ticket stuff in my application.I will collect all the letter from my school

also i am confused about the amount to be on the bank statement because my uncle that wants to sponsor me has like 1million naira balance in is account but he has been running the account very good, The sum of credit is about 15 million while debit is about 13 million, I will like to know like how much should be in the bank account becuase the conference is for 4 days and i make hotel reservation of 4 days as well.

Please funky and fellow nairaland,I stay in Lagos outskirt.Can you put me through the DHL area i can submit my documents at in Lagos or is it in Ghana application center.Hope to read back.

You're welcome.

Four days hotel reservation is too short for a four days conference. You will have to be in Canada say at least a day before the conference. You cannot head back to the airport immediately after the conference till maybe the next day. I think 5-6 days hotel reservation will be smarter and more realistic.

From the little i know about Canadian visa applications from Nigeria, they are really particular about huge account balances. Whatever sum you have in your account must cover the cost of your return ticket, hotel reservation, feeding, miscellaneous and there must still be plenty ''change'' left in the account after all these deductions. If your uncle can boost his account balance a little more , maybe close to 2mill or more, it will boost your application.

There is a DHL office close to Oshodi not far from Ajao Estate/Airport Road. I think that is where their head office is located.

Cheers.
Re: Urgent ! Visiting Canada For A Conference by papiwonder: 12:54pm On Jun 03, 2008
Okay Funky,Thanks a lot, I will do the rebooking, I will let you know if i have further questions later.I will have to think about it all.
Re: Urgent ! Visiting Canada For A Conference by jermo(f): 10:10pm On Jun 06, 2008
i have to tell you ,you need a return a return ticket .but as per canadian visa they dont col it return ticket it is an itinery.it means the day you want to take off and the day you want to leave canada.so it is a must.for more enquiries on wat to provide,check their website.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Urgent ! Visiting Canada For A Conference by papiwonder: 6:20pm On Jun 07, 2008
Hello Jermo,Thanks for the helpful advice you gave me here, I think the itinerary is about my schedule in Canada which is to be written down by me and printed out with my application, I have all the other docs now, I am to submit my application soonest, Thanks a lot and i would like to ask if i can use only my uncle personal bank statement or i can include his company bank statement as well, Thanks a lot, One luv
Re: Urgent ! Visiting Canada For A Conference by jermo(f): 11:26pm On Jun 08, 2008
well just make sure you tidy up everything as soon as possible.as per the bank statement you can use his personal bank statement and not the company bank statement to avoid complications cuz this wil also bring about his tax clearance.Also you have to demonstrate yours no matter how small it may be,it shows how responsible you are.you can also col me on 08033575820.so as to explain things better.best of luck.
Re: Urgent ! Visiting Canada For A Conference by funkybaby(f): 12:53pm On Jun 09, 2008
jermo:

i have to tell you ,you need a return a return ticket .

Wrong. He does not need to submit a return ticket with his application. I am sure about this.

jermo:

but as per canadian visa they don't col it return ticket it is an itinerary.

This literally means his planned date of travel to canada , how long he would be staying and the date he will be leaving canada.

jermo:

.Also you have to demonstrate yours no matter how small it may be,
He does not need to present any bank statement. He is still a student and fully dependent on his parents.
Re: Urgent ! Visiting Canada For A Conference by papiwonder: 1:49pm On Jun 09, 2008
Thanks for the reply Funky and Jermo, I really appreciate all your efforts.I will like to know the documents that i will need to add to the personal statement of account, I mean the documents to submit with the bank statement, i AM SUBMITTING ON THE 20TH OF THIS MONTH.Thank you.
Re: Urgent ! Visiting Canada For A Conference by papiwonder: 7:22pm On Jun 10, 2008
please i will like to know which other documents to collect from my uncle.He has already given me his personal bank statement.What docs do i need again from my sponsorer.Thank you.
Re: Urgent ! Visiting Canada For A Conference by Nobody: 5:51pm On Jun 12, 2008
Maybe this might help you the more, maybe. . .

CANADIAN VISITOR VISA APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS

The attached “Application for a Visitor Visa” must be completed and submitted by each applicant who applies with his/her own passport. The “Family Composition Form” must be completed and submitted with the application. After submission of a fully completed application, you may be given an appointment for a personal interview. This, however, does not guarantee issuance of a visitor’s visa. Additional documents, further interviews and a medical examination may be required. You may be refused after review of your application with no interview.

FALSE STATEMENTS OR THE SUBMISSION OF FRAUDULENT DOCUMENTS IN SUPPORT OF YOUR APPLICATION WILL RESULT IN IMMEDIATE REFUSAL.

Should an application be refused, it is unlikely that a further application would be approved unless the applicant’s personal circumstances have changed significantly. The following original documents must be submitted. Failure to submit all the requested documentation may result in the refusal of your application.
*  All current and previous passports: Current passports must have at least two completely blank pages and be valid for at least six months (include photocopy of bio-data page)
* Three recent passport-size photographs (see attached photo specifications) of each person travelling (with name of applicant indicated at the back of passport photo).

* A non-refundable fee payment in Naira. (Only bank drafts will be accepted - see Fee Schedule)

* Proof of adequate funds for your trip: certified personal bank statement(s) six months history, bank book(s), investment certificates, other proof of savings. If sponsored, provide sponsor’s financial documents in addition to your own personal financial documents.

* Personal Documents: documents to show you have personal ties to your homeland. Marriage certificate, birth certificates of each of your children, etc.

* Proof of your assets: Property / land title, motor vehicle registration, etc.

* A recently dated letter (within two months) from your employer and/ or your spouse’s employer (if applicable) indicating occupation, job description, position, salary, allowances, years of employment and leave dates.

* Proof of your business if you are self-employed. Business and taxation registration documents, trade certificates, license and financial documentation, etc. (Business account for past six months).

* Your travel itinerary - method and destination

* A letter of invitation: A letter from the person you intend to visit in Canada which states the purpose, duration
and visit dates of your travel.

* Proof of immigration status of Canadian host: Copy of landing document/ immigrant visa, citizenship certificate, student/worker’s visa /permits, residency card, etc.

* For Business travel: A letter from your employer indicating the purpose of your travel, your itinerary within Canada and who will cover the cost of your travel, a letter from the Canadian business confirming the nature and duration of your business travel.

* INCLUDE YOUR E-MAIL ADDRESS and TELEPHONE CONTACT ON THE FORM

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Urgent ! Visiting Canada For A Conference by skelvin98: 3:54pm On Jul 16, 2019
I got an inperson job interview offer in New Brunswick Canada.
I know I need a letter of invitation from the employer to start my visa process. But what else do I need ?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Urgent ! Visiting Canada For A Conference by fvck(m): 11:22pm On Dec 17, 2019
skelvin98:
I got an inperson job interview offer in New Brunswick Canada.
I know I need a letter of invitation from the employer to start my visa process. But what else do I need ?

Bank statement i think,but how did u get that job? The website pls

(1) (Reply)

Man Came Out Unhurt As Trailer Pushed His Car From The Bridge Top To The Pit / Dependant Visa Application In The UK / Contractor To Suspend Lagos-Ibadan Road Construction, Resume January

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.