Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,156 members, 7,807,521 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:40 PM

Most Corrupt Politician In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Most Corrupt Politician In Nigeria (8113 Views)

What Benue Student Eyes Saw In The Hands Of Benue Politician In Abuja *PATHETIC* / Lagos Ranked As The Most Corrupt State In Nigeria In 2014 / I’m Not A Corrupt Politician - Anenih (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Most Corrupt Politician In Nigeria by dee02(m): 10:24am On May 29, 2008
I have been wondering who the most corrupt politician in Nigeria is {late OR alive}. My thoughts constantly flash at Obasanjo but then i thought about the late Abacha as well as IBB. Nairalanders, what are your thoughts? Who do you think deserves the crown! Many Thanks
Re: Most Corrupt Politician In Nigeria by replenish(f): 1:13pm On May 29, 2008
I will give it to obasanjo. To think his hands are not clean with all his campaign against corruption
Re: Most Corrupt Politician In Nigeria by janykute: 2:20pm On May 29, 2008
The crown should go to the evil Genuis IBB.
Re: Most Corrupt Politician In Nigeria by Jamco45: 3:24pm On May 29, 2008
IBB without argument  grin  grin he is the father of corrunption Gen. Buhari and Idiagbon were in the process of sanitizing Naija before IBB overthrew them . Abacha was just a foolish thief.
Re: Most Corrupt Politician In Nigeria by oldie(m): 4:59pm On May 29, 2008
You guys should think!
The most corrupt set of people in Nigeria is the civil service!
And most of your parents worked in the civil service!
Stop burying your heads in the sand

The brains behind corruption in Nigeria is the civil service
They showed / are still showing the soldiers and politicians how to steal and cover the fraud!
Re: Most Corrupt Politician In Nigeria by MCUsman(m): 5:49pm On May 29, 2008
replenish:

I will give it to obasanjo. To think his hands are not clean with all his campaign against corruption

YOU ARE DAMMED RIGHT.

1. Obasanjo

2. Iyabo.

3. Saminu Turaki

4. IBB

5. Abacha
Re: Most Corrupt Politician In Nigeria by BigB11(m): 6:44pm On May 29, 2008
FYI: Corruption represents 95% of our problems in Nigeria
The crownsss go to all Nigerians.
Nobody is willing to accept the responsibility and we also tend to quickly point fingers at few folks when the subject "corruption" comes up.

I think we are all responsible; there is nothing one could accomplish successfully in our society (Nigeria) today without exercising the mighty unblushing bribery practise. (we see corruption in Nigerian schools, driving license office, immigration office, airport, port authority, police dept, dept of transportation, dept of agriculture, banks, hospitals etc). And I do not think OBJ or Abacha or IBB owns all these establishments.
I think corruption is directly embedded in our culture and blood. This is also why today many Nigerians come back home with great ideas to run things, but fall into the same trap (corruption) in just few months.
Hence, instead of seeking for an excuse by pointing fingers at few people, we ought to look closely in the mirror, address and reevaluate our infested culture; which continues to canonize corruption in Nigeria as the only way to make it to the top.

@topic:
Instead of competing in identifying the most corrupt politician in Nigeria, I think it would be more sensible for us to focus more on identifying the best solution to fight this terrible demon, called CORRUPTION.
Re: Most Corrupt Politician In Nigeria by NigEclipse(m): 7:17am On May 30, 2008
Let's not forget about Sam Egwu from Ebonyi State!
Re: Most Corrupt Politician In Nigeria by Xiomarra: 7:47am On May 30, 2008
Definitely OBJ!

Nothing as digusting as when satan himself uses the lord's name to perpetrate evil.

Not only is he heartless, he opens his baboon's arse of a mouth and calls the name of God even when he is sodomizing his daughters and daughters-in-law!

OBJ is worse then Abacha and IBB put together.  Worst of all, he calls himself a democratic, civilian president. . . .in khaki skin.

What an idiot! But then again, only Nigerians can command such a beast for an ex-president. That is the best they can do.
Re: Most Corrupt Politician In Nigeria by dee02(m): 9:57am On May 30, 2008
Xiomarra:

Definitely OBJ!

Nothing as digusting as when satan himself uses the lord's name to perpetrate evil.

Not only is he heartless, he opens his baboon mouth and calls the name of God even when he is sodomizing his daughters and daughter-in-laws!

OBJ is worse then Abacha and IBB put together. Worst of all, he calls himself a democratic, civilian president. . . .in khaki skin.

What an idiot! But then again, only Nigerians can command such a beast for an ex-president. That is the best they can do.

Haha
Much love Xio!
Peace
Re: Most Corrupt Politician In Nigeria by landis(m): 10:19am On May 30, 2008
Confirmed Stolen funds:

Abacha --> $3bill(all sectors)

IBB --> $12Bil(all sectors)

OBJ -->$16bil(only 1 sector)

pick 'favorite' looter
grin cheesy grin
Re: Most Corrupt Politician In Nigeria by bluehorizo(m): 10:25am On May 30, 2008
Nobody holy pass. From the President to the Local Government. All of dem be BARAWO
Re: Most Corrupt Politician In Nigeria by dee02(m): 10:28am On May 30, 2008
landis:

Confirmed Stolen funds:

Abacha --> $3bill(all sectors)

IBB --> $12Bil(all sectors)

OBJ -->$16bil(only 1 sector)

pick 'favorite' looter
grin cheesy grin

Impressive figures, are this truely confirmed?
Re: Most Corrupt Politician In Nigeria by seeu(m): 1:40pm On May 30, 2008
So, all these corrupt politicians are from two regions? Just see how these two regions leveled Nigeria. embarassed
Re: Most Corrupt Politician In Nigeria by Spermdrops(m): 8:54pm On May 31, 2008
Jonathan "Badluck" will soon take over and you will see what that "region" can do! Wish Nigeria goodluck! kiss
Re: Most Corrupt Politician In Nigeria by Uche2nna(m): 8:56pm On May 31, 2008
Spermdrops:

Jonathan "Badluck" will soon take over and you will see what that "region" can do! Wish Nigeria goodluck! kiss

This girl no go kill persin grin grin grin grin
Re: Most Corrupt Politician In Nigeria by dangermous: 10:46pm On May 31, 2008
All of una wey dey jump on 'Kill Obasanjo' bandwagon true true get short memory.

One idiot for up there dey talk say 16 billion dollars stolen bla bla bla. Oloriburuku

The kain way people dey change tori ten years after Abacha die, don shake any faith wey i get for this country,

Person wey get standing order with Central Bank for money to be credited to himself everyweek without no
attempt to cover am up na im una dey forget.

I hope say una roast for the hell fire section wey Abacha dey so. Asswipes.
Re: Most Corrupt Politician In Nigeria by bilymuse: 9:32am On Jun 02, 2008
make una lif Baba Iyabo alone, after all he managed to get all Nigeria foreign debt off.

one day some people will look back, between 7 to 10 yrs, and praise Baba Iyabo to high heaven.

Nigeria is a country of the past , nobody believe in the present. ask an average Nigeria , he would tell you, last year is better than this year, last 10 years is better than this year, last 15 years is better than this year. In Nigeria things got worst year after year. there is no year of improvement.

In Nigeria we live in the past , despise the present and terribly uncertain of the future.
Re: Most Corrupt Politician In Nigeria by MallamMusa: 9:59am On Jun 02, 2008
Namdi azikiwe(1st nigerian president carried everything we had then to his iboland)

Aguiyi ironsi (2nd president that finished Nigerian military with ibo tribalism)

Chukuma Nzeogwu( Introduced coup d' etat in Nigeria)

odungwu ojukwu(  Idi amin Of Nigeria)

Haba, should I continue?

Best president from Nigeria till date(ask eminent Nigerians and they'll tell you):
Olusegun Aremu Obasanjo.

Best Nigerian politician till date:

Moshood aBIOLA

MallamMusa do yarn.
Re: Most Corrupt Politician In Nigeria by dee02(m): 10:32am On Jun 02, 2008
MallamMusa:

Best president from Nigeria till date(ask eminent Nigerians and they'll tell you):
Olusegun Aremu Obasanjo.

i disagree with you on the above

instead i would say General Muritala Moh/ammed!
Re: Most Corrupt Politician In Nigeria by Tornadoz(m): 5:11pm On Jun 02, 2008
Lucky Igbenedion is by far the most corrupt politician. We shouldn't base corruption on how much is stolen. Edo state will for a long time suffer the kleptomaniacal rule of Igbinedion. That man would sell his kids for a bag of cocaine.
Re: Most Corrupt Politician In Nigeria by Tornadoz(m): 6:17pm On Jun 02, 2008
@Tchinasa
Sorry, find a 15yr old to debate with, I have better use of my time.
Re: Most Corrupt Politician In Nigeria by dee02(m): 11:30pm On Jun 04, 2008
Michael Ahandoaaka is also in the running!
Re: Most Corrupt Politician In Nigeria by MallamMusa: 1:58am On Jun 05, 2008
Obafemi Awolowo was another wicked and corrupt politician.
Re: Most Corrupt Politician In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:43pm On Jun 05, 2008
na inside him beards lucky igbinedion hide all the money him thief.
Re: Most Corrupt Politician In Nigeria by noetic(m): 9:25pm On Jun 05, 2008
MallamMusa:

Obafemi Awolowo was another wicked and corrupt politician.
how?
please elucidate futher.
Re: Most Corrupt Politician In Nigeria by tunrexdj(m): 9:42pm On Jun 05, 2008
THE CIVIL SERVICE IS THE BASTION OF CORRUPTION IN NIGERIA, BLOODY THIEVES AND THEY KEEP PLAYING HOLY HOLY.VISIT THE HOUSE OF ANY DIRECTOR[BE IT LGA,STATE OR FG] AND SEE WHAT I MEAN.
Re: Most Corrupt Politician In Nigeria by nijerd: 12:37am On Jun 08, 2008
I dont know why no one has mentioned Alh. Senator Sani ahmed Yerima of Zamfara State. He is more than worthy to wear the crown!
Re: Most Corrupt Politician In Nigeria by nijerd: 12:43am On Jun 08, 2008
But I'd also like to disagree with the submission on Awolowo. He was and still is one of the most responsible leaders this nation was priviledged to have. Just travel in the old Western Region to confirm for yourself if you are in doubt.
Re: Most Corrupt Politician In Nigeria by vivaladiva(f): 12:58am On Jun 08, 2008
ABOUT A MILLION OR SO POLITICIANS ARE DUELY QUALIFIED TO BE NOMINATED AS THE NUMBER 1 CORRUPT
IT DOESNT MATTER IF U LOOT AT THE CENTRAL, NATIONAL, STATE OR LOCAL LEVEL
IF U WERE GIVEN £100 TO SPEND ON PUBLIC PROJECTS AND U KOLOBI £99 OR 99% THEN U ARE THE SAME AS THE MAN THAT KOLOBIED £990,000 OUT 0F$1,000,000 STILL 99%
Re: Most Corrupt Politician In Nigeria by BigB11(m): 1:41am On Jun 08, 2008
The most corrupt politician population = All Nigerians.
We are all responsible for corruption in our country; and till we realize this fact, corruption will continue to be canonized in Nigeria as the only way to make it to the top.
Re: Most Corrupt Politician In Nigeria by vivaladiva(f): 2:21am On Jun 08, 2008
big b1 not all nigerians are corrupt a hand ful of them are not, this is evident is their less than impressive houses, cars and bank accounts
the truth is that these people are constantly ridiculed for behaving like mumus and not choppin like every one else.
which leads me to think that the government of the day is a mirror reflection of the people it governs
if a pastor is not driving the latest bmw, how can he claim that god is wonderful
our people want corrupt leaders, they may claim they dont but woe onto the person wey see oppurtunity to chop wey no chop, u will definately not be recieving any congratulatory letter in ur mail box

(1) (2) (Reply)

We Are Behind Boko Aram---gwarzo / PDP To Sagay: Tell Buhari The Truth, Corruption Resides In His Presidency / For Those Familiar With Abuja, Can You Tell Us Which Expressway Is This: Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.