Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,685 members, 7,801,974 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:17 AM

FG To Set-up $16b Petrochemical Plant At Koko FTZ, Delta State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG To Set-up $16b Petrochemical Plant At Koko FTZ, Delta State (8966 Views)

Jonathan To Deltans: We’ll Complete $16b Gas City (the Nation News) / Jonathan Inaugurates Ovia’s $1.5bn Petrochemical Plant / Dangote To Site $8bn Refinery In Olokola FTZ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG To Set-up $16b Petrochemical Plant At Koko FTZ, Delta State by Abagworo(m): 3:12pm On Jul 31, 2013
THE setting up of Petrochemical plant and Gas processing facilities to be cited at the Koko Free Trade Zone  FTZ, capable of generating 16 billion dollars investment is in the pipeline, says Delta State Commissioner for Transport, Mr. Benson Igbakpa.
He disclosed this in Asaba yesterday when he took his turn at the ongoing Mid-Term report by members of the State Executive Council (Exco).
According to him, “the Federal Government has appointed a team of consultants to commence preliminary site inspection of a petrochemical plant and gas processing facilities to be cited at the Koko FTZ.
“It is envisaged to emerge as Africa’s largest industrial complex. They are currently working in conjunction with the Nigerian Port Authority, NPA  and the State government to tackle the siltation and draught problem so as to get the required draught to allow large vessels across the Delta ports and the Koko FTZ.
“The massive undertaking which is projected to generate up to $16 billion (sixteen billion dollar) investment”, he went on, “entails the construction of 1.3 million tone per annum polypropylene and polyethylene plants to be built by Xenel of Saudi Arabia in concert with NNPC and other investors. Three fertilizer plants each with capacity of 1.3 million tones per annum are also to be located within the Koko Free Trade Zone”, he stated.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/07/fg-to-set-up-16b-petrochemical-plant-at-koko-free-trade-zone/

1 Like

Re: FG To Set-up $16b Petrochemical Plant At Koko FTZ, Delta State by ujoinme: 3:16pm On Jul 31, 2013
Good news but not excited about govt run business it should be a PPP.
Re: FG To Set-up $16b Petrochemical Plant At Koko FTZ, Delta State by Emperor007: 3:16pm On Jul 31, 2013
Ok, they should be serious with the project.

Re: FG To Set-up $16b Petrochemical Plant At Koko FTZ, Delta State by mekaboy(m): 3:24pm On Jul 31, 2013
I am more interested in the start date and end date. Since I can't see any in the post, all I can say is "TILL THEN".

1 Like

Re: FG To Set-up $16b Petrochemical Plant At Koko FTZ, Delta State by ijawkid(m): 4:21pm On Jul 31, 2013
We need actions not just talks.......
Re: FG To Set-up $16b Petrochemical Plant At Koko FTZ, Delta State by Zikkyy(m): 4:46pm On Jul 31, 2013
ijawkid: We need actions not just talks.......

Its not likely you will ever see any action. So you have to manage the talk.

2 Likes

Re: FG To Set-up $16b Petrochemical Plant At Koko FTZ, Delta State by PapaBrowne(m): 5:50pm On Jul 31, 2013
When governments say they will........I wait till I see.

When Dangote says he will....... I know its complete!

14 Likes

Re: FG To Set-up $16b Petrochemical Plant At Koko FTZ, Delta State by bloggernaija: 6:09pm On Jul 31, 2013
Election time has come early
This goverment went china to grovel and beg for money recently .where will they get the money from
If you are going to believe this ,then you are going to believe anything.
All the usual suspects (oil coys) are packing their loads and bolting out of the door as quickly as possible.
Shell,the dominant company in nigeria,has a very light footprint
All shell needs to get out is to charter plane for the company's expatriate staff.
No smart private investor would risk such an amount money in the Niger "delta" something which has a long break-even point(apart from the federal).
Nigeria is considered a high borrowing risk in the bond market.borrowing from international banks will come with a very high interest rate .
I doubt many banks will even entertain giving such a collosal sum of money.
Lastly ,with the serious lack of electricity,
Wouldn't it make more sense to build a power FTZ to utilise or the wasted gases.
FOR THE ABOVE REASONS,YOU CAN SAY THAT ELECTION TIME IS UPON YS ONCE AGAIN AND GULLIBLE PEOPLE WILL ALWAYS BITE.AT LEAST THOSE IN THAT COMMUNITY WILL BELIEVE IT AND VOTE ACCORDINGLY.

5 Likes

Re: FG To Set-up $16b Petrochemical Plant At Koko FTZ, Delta State by Nobody: 6:13pm On Jul 31, 2013
cheesy
Re: FG To Set-up $16b Petrochemical Plant At Koko FTZ, Delta State by Nobody: 6:14pm On Jul 31, 2013
Ooooh, Ooooh, fresh air is blowing me away grin grin

2 Likes

Re: FG To Set-up $16b Petrochemical Plant At Koko FTZ, Delta State by lonelydora: 6:17pm On Jul 31, 2013
They better hasten the project so that more people will be employed.
Re: FG To Set-up $16b Petrochemical Plant At Koko FTZ, Delta State by Nobody: 6:23pm On Jul 31, 2013
Would it reduce the price of 12.5kg of LNG (Cooking Gas) from N3,500 to N700 ??
Re: FG To Set-up $16b Petrochemical Plant At Koko FTZ, Delta State by nep2ra(m): 6:27pm On Jul 31, 2013
"FG To..."

See as dem dey distribute Jato bread. We go wait taya. grin
Re: FG To Set-up $16b Petrochemical Plant At Koko FTZ, Delta State by samseen02(m): 6:29pm On Jul 31, 2013
Invest in Snail business today to get it high returns: http://wealthmeans..com/2013/06/wealth-in-snail-farming-business.html
Re: FG To Set-up $16b Petrochemical Plant At Koko FTZ, Delta State by Anaskie(m): 6:40pm On Jul 31, 2013
Wats with this new layout of Nairaland? My eyes are hurting.
Re: FG To Set-up $16b Petrochemical Plant At Koko FTZ, Delta State by phaya(f): 6:49pm On Jul 31, 2013
Meaning we have to vote for you in 2015 so u can start the project, right?

1 Like

Re: FG To Set-up $16b Petrochemical Plant At Koko FTZ, Delta State by Symphony007: 6:51pm On Jul 31, 2013
Rubbish..give us workable refienaries before dreaming up stupid petrochemical plants. Is it not shamefull that we have three refieneries. Non is working. We keep importing petrol. Very soon, ghana and cameron will buld refineries, collect our crude and sell back to us as petrol.
Re: FG To Set-up $16b Petrochemical Plant At Koko FTZ, Delta State by Nobody: 6:57pm On Jul 31, 2013
This government and empty promises sha ! E get as e be o
Re: FG To Set-up $16b Petrochemical Plant At Koko FTZ, Delta State by Fhemmmy: 6:58pm On Jul 31, 2013
naijababe: This government and empty promises sha ! E get as e be o

That is what happens when election is around the corner
Re: FG To Set-up $16b Petrochemical Plant At Koko FTZ, Delta State by 0mOnnakoda25: 6:59pm On Jul 31, 2013
Fg to to to toto tototo tototot..............FG and toto hmm

1 Like

Re: FG To Set-up $16b Petrochemical Plant At Koko FTZ, Delta State by Bunker(m): 7:05pm On Jul 31, 2013
ASUU on strike, Education 1st
Re: FG To Set-up $16b Petrochemical Plant At Koko FTZ, Delta State by Pergrace: 7:08pm On Jul 31, 2013
Federal govt to........... undecided undecided lipsrsealed
Re: FG To Set-up $16b Petrochemical Plant At Koko FTZ, Delta State by Ryabcool(m): 7:09pm On Jul 31, 2013
FG and outrageous amount of promises... They haven't finished building basic infrastuctures, they are focusing money on Petrojargons. Just 1 Billion Dollars is enough to end ASUU Strike for good but my "SENSIBLE" class captain called GEJ won't see to that than to make promises. Elections are near. I choose not to be decieved. Our government has failed Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: FG To Set-up $16b Petrochemical Plant At Koko FTZ, Delta State by xtr0v3rt(m): 7:11pm On Jul 31, 2013
Mehn my eyes are fucking aching me! Seun u beta restructure dis ur new ui layout o! Its nt d best 4 dis site o. And images dnt load and pages load in slow pace.
Re: FG To Set-up $16b Petrochemical Plant At Koko FTZ, Delta State by KastrokNG: 7:18pm On Jul 31, 2013
Good Development
Re: FG To Set-up $16b Petrochemical Plant At Koko FTZ, Delta State by nijanigga: 7:28pm On Jul 31, 2013
"Suspected Islamists steal 125 kg of dynamite in north Nigeria". Catastrophe in the making,oh God save your people.
"Videos shown to Reuters by a counter-terrorism official on Sunday showed Boko Haram militants giving detailed instructions on how to make bombs -- including a suicide vest and a car bomb -- in the northern Hausa language, filming how it is done."
source:http://news.yahoo.com/suspected-islamists-steal-125-kg-dynamite-north-nigeria-170737383.html
Re: FG To Set-up $16b Petrochemical Plant At Koko FTZ, Delta State by Dubby6(m): 7:28pm On Jul 31, 2013
Wait
Re: FG To Set-up $16b Petrochemical Plant At Koko FTZ, Delta State by solomon111(m): 7:38pm On Jul 31, 2013
Ryabcool: FG and outrageous amount of promises... They haven't finished building basic infrastuctures, they are focusing money on Petrojargons. Just 1 Billion Dollars is enough to end ASUU Strike for good but my "SENSIBLE" class captain called GEJ won't see to that than to make promises. Elections are near. I choose not to be decieved. Our government has failed Nigerians.
you don't want petrochemical plants yet you complain of unemployment and underdevelopment?
Do you even know what a PTC plant is?
You are not serious.
Re: FG To Set-up $16b Petrochemical Plant At Koko FTZ, Delta State by immortalcrown(m): 7:38pm On Jul 31, 2013
Which one do I mention and leave others? it is not the most pressing need of this nation, it is an unbearably inflated contract for selfish interest, relatives of the ogas wether qualified or not will be employed for the good posts, masses that will work as gardeners will face delayed payment of their unsustenable salaries, the plant is like a China product that will soon fade off, etc. I cannot be deceived.
Re: FG To Set-up $16b Petrochemical Plant At Koko FTZ, Delta State by Nonybb: 7:44pm On Jul 31, 2013
Another fraud fake long jump and looting mechanism
Re: FG To Set-up $16b Petrochemical Plant At Koko FTZ, Delta State by thehomer: 7:44pm On Jul 31, 2013
The federal government shouldn't be doing this. This is yet another avenue for criminals to loot the treasury. $16 billion seems to be the magic figure when government officials wish to steal.
Re: FG To Set-up $16b Petrochemical Plant At Koko FTZ, Delta State by Blaisec: 7:46pm On Jul 31, 2013
I d hate dis kind of news

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

10 States Buhari/osinbanjo Will Not Work On. / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Governor Umar Ganduje Approves N1.036BN For Repairs OF 31 Roads In State Capital

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.