Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,541 members, 7,808,993 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:43 PM

MTN Customer Care Thread - Phones (205) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / MTN Customer Care Thread (568894 Views)

MTN Customer Care Whatsapp Numbers / Glo Customer Care Thread (unofficial) / Etisalat Customer Care Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) ... (256) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by directonpc(m): 10:07am On Jun 29, 2017
JideSM:

Hi directonpc, please note that auto-renewal cancellation is not applicable. However, you can unsubscribe or deactivate the service by simply texting NOWAW to 131. in addition, you can also dial *662# then follow the prompt. Regards
thanks.
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by Esji80(m): 10:09am On Jun 29, 2017
JideSM:

Good Morning sir, I am on MTN BetterTalk.Despite having enough data,whenever I browse MTN zaps my credit(Main balance and bonus). MTN has been doing this to me for long. How do I stop it?

1 Like

Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 11:48am On Jun 29, 2017
Esji80:

Good Morning sir, I am on MTN BetterTalk.Despite having enough data,whenever I browse MTN zaps my credit(Main balance and bonus). MTN has been doing this to me for long. How do I stop it?

Hi Esji80, please be informed that the Beta talk bonus airtime takes priority over active Data bundle. All chargeable activities (data,sms,calls) are billed first billed from the Beta talk bonus airtime. Let me know if you need more clarification. Regards
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by Cassie75: 1:21pm On Jun 29, 2017
Hi JideSM...how can one check chats on mtn care line...I just spoke with one Fola now...and boy ...he was rude...needed him to check my bundle balance because I use an iPad Air...he asked me all sorts of questions...and when I couldn't remember the year I got the line.he rudely told me he can't help....I mean just to check my data bundle....I then asked to speak to a supervisor...he declined. The only reason I am writing this cos I didn't get his last name....what on earth is he doing in customer care...I just spoke to him about 20 minutes ago.. cheers
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 2:10pm On Jun 29, 2017
Cassie75:
Hi JideSM...how can one check chats on mtn care line...I just spoke with one Fola now...and boy ...he was rude...needed him to check my bundle balance because I use an iPad Air...he asked me all sorts of questions...and when I couldn't remember the year I got the line.he rudely told me he can't help....I mean just to check my data bundle....I then asked to speak to a supervisor...he declined. The only reason I am writing this cos I didn't get his last name....what on earth is he doing in customer care...I just spoke to him about 20 minutes ago.. cheers

Hi Cassie75, i sincerely apologize about this experience. Please provide your mobile number to enable me reach you. Also note that in order to be able to check your data balance or purchase bundles on IPAD, you would have to upgrade your sim to 128k SIM by visiting the nearest MTN Walk-in centre to perform a sim swap. Regards
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by Nobody: 7:58pm On Jun 29, 2017
Hi JideSM, Good pm.

I did as you told me regarding my data issue but to no avail. After exhausting the daily subscription that I purchased, I could not be able to browse again whereas the monthly subscription remains as it was.

I guess you guys don't have any other solution for this issue since you said you can't activate it at your end.?
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by Ebubemg(m): 7:21am On Jun 30, 2017
Hello, is mtn going to activate 4g volte anytime soon?
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 8:50am On Jun 30, 2017
Vianaija:
Hi JideSM, Good pm.

I did as you told me regarding my data issue but to no avail. After exhausting the daily subscription that I purchased, I could not be able to browse again whereas the monthly subscription remains as it was.

I guess you guys don't have any other solution for this issue since you said you can't activate it at your end.?

Hi Vianaija, as discussed yesterday. Kindly note that the 1.5GB data bundle plan has been deactivated. You would have to activate a new data bundle plan. Regards
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 9:26am On Jun 30, 2017
Ebubemg:
Hello, is mtn going to activate 4g volte anytime soon?

Hi Ebubemg, i will keep you posted
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by Nobody: 10:54am On Jun 30, 2017
JideSM:

Hi Vianaija, as discussed yesterday. Kindly note that the 1.5GB data bundle plan has been deactivated. You would have to activate a new data bundle plan. Regards

This is pure scam, how can you tell me that the data I purchased with my own money was deactivated and a whole MTN could not do anything about that? And you're now telling me to purchase a new data where by the one I already purchased was deactivated.

This ain't right sir, you people should try and activate my data for me or you admit it that MTN is a scam network period!
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by aminauiade: 12:11pm On Jun 30, 2017
eg
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 12:37pm On Jun 30, 2017
aminauiade:
Hi JideSM, Good pm.

Please, I m tired of calling d customer care line. my line (07030702923) got barred n I v been calling dem to rectify dis instead dey will ask series of questions and later tell me dat dey will forward it to their oga dat will do it. Nothing has been done for the past 3days n they still kept telling me d same thing. Please n kindly help me do a run on the line n do d needful.

Hi aminauiade, i'm truly sorry that this happened. You will be contacted shortly. Regards
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by directonpc(m): 8:46pm On Jun 30, 2017
JideSM:

greetings, please how do I ask for refund of my money when I dialed *904*amount# and get a transaction failed sms yet my bank account was debited?
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 11:53am On Jul 01, 2017
directonpc:
greetings, please how do I ask for refund of my money when I dialed *904*amount# and get a transaction failed sms yet my bank account was debited?

Hi directonpc, so sorry that this happened. Kindly note that there is an automated reversal process for failed airtime transaction. However, please contact your bank if you are not credited after 24 hours. Regards
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by directonpc(m): 1:16pm On Jul 01, 2017
JideSM:

Hi directonpc, so sorry that this happened. Kindly note that there is an automated reversal process for failed airtime transaction. However, please contact your bank if you are not credited after 24 hours. Regards
okk. Thank you
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by disciple1(m): 4:04pm On Jul 01, 2017
Hi, I’m using Dingtone now. Free calls and messages, such amazing! Download it from http://dingtone.me/fwa?i=kr4Mwx
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by nurez305(m): 9:14am On Jul 03, 2017
@Jidesm please you people keep stealing my data on my modem, the last time I had data of 1 gig plus and when I tried to use it, it didn't connect, I kept quiet, samething happen again yesterday when you wipe all my data that suppose to expire on 19th.

Please I need an explanation to this on why my data is been wipe on my mtn mifi

The number is 09064946953
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 11:02am On Jul 03, 2017
nurez305:
@Jidesm please you people keep stealing my data on my modem, the last time I had data of 1 gig plus and when I tried to use it, it didn't connect, I kept quiet, samething happen again yesterday when you wipe all my data that suppose to expire on 19th.

Please I need an explanation to this on why my data is been wipe on my mtn mifi

The number is 09064946953

Hi nurez305, apologies for the inconvenience. Kindly provide an alternative mobile number to reach you for assistance. Regards
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by nurez305(m): 7:01pm On Jul 03, 2017
JideSM:

Hi nurez305, apologies for the inconvenience. Kindly provide an alternative mobile number to reach you for assistance. Regards
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by mesoprogress(m): 9:24pm On Jul 03, 2017
It is little things that make a nation great. Do you know several days after data expiry, these guys had the audacity to zap my money , and open their mouth to tell me I should have cancelled auto-renewal ! Something they subscribed by themselves, same renewal I intentionally allowed not to auto-renew after expiry.

I bought MTN one week Data Bundle of 750MB for N500 on my number (080*******) on the 20th of June 2017. They automatically enrolled me for auto-renewal (unsolicited subscription). This data exhausted and got expired on the 27th June. They sent me a message that the data has expired and could not auto-renew due to insufficient credit. I did not want the auto-renewal so I let it go.

On the 1st of July 2017, I loaded N1200 airtime. Within minutes I received a message that my one week Data Bundle of 750MB has been auto-renewed and N500 deducted from my airtime balance . Something that expired four days earlier !

I immediately put a call across MTN customer care line to reverse the transaction, that the money is not meant for that. In fact I turned off my data to avoid it being used . The customer care representative now told me that I should have unsubscribed from auto renewal that they do not reverse data bundle once purchased . I now outlined some points to him:

1. It is your organisation that subscribed me to auto-renewal , I did not ask for it and therefore not under any obligation to to cancel it . MTN should give me opportunity to choose auto-renewal by myself. I am not constrained to cancel what I did not activate.

2. The data expired as at when due , and your organisation sent me a message that you could not renew due to insufficient airtime. Logically , I thought that was the end of it. Charging me several days after expiry is plain illegal

3. You do not lose any money by reversing it , and the money will still be used within MTN network, it is not as if you are transferring it back to my bank account.

Unfortunately, MTN customer care did not deem it fit to reverse the transaction and insisted to subscribing me to a service I did not want.

Cc JideSM

1 Like

Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by youngscholar(m): 2:17pm On Jul 04, 2017
I created a bot that answers MTN customers complaint, you guys should check it out www.fb.com/mtnboltng
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 12:08pm On Jul 05, 2017
Please confirm if it has been resolved for you.
directonpc:
okk. Thank you
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by directonpc(m): 12:41pm On Jul 05, 2017
JideSM:
Please confirm if it has been resolved for you.
the money deducted from my bank balance was reversed. Thanks!

1 Like

Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 1:18pm On Jul 05, 2017
Y'ello Mesoprogress, I am sorry that you have this experience. Please note that all MTN Data Plans are placed on Auto-Renewal policy as stated on MTN Website. Also, the code to opt of the renewal is made available therein. The reversal is possible if it had not been used and expired.

Should you face any challenge using our services, please contact me here for review and resolution. Thank you for your understanding.

mesoprogress:
It is little things that make a nation great. Do you know several days after data expiry, these guys had the audacity to zap my money , and open their mouth to tell me I should have cancelled auto-renewal ! Something they subscribed by themselves, same renewal I intentionally allowed not to auto-renew after expiry.

I bought MTN one week Data Bundle of 750MB for N500 on my number (080*******) on the 20th of June 2017. They automatically enrolled me for auto-renewal (unsolicited subscription). This data exhausted and got expired on the 27th June. They sent me a message that the data has expired and could not auto-renew due to insufficient credit. I did not want the auto-renewal so I let it go.

On the 1st of July 2017, I loaded N1200 airtime. Within minutes I received a message that my one week Data Bundle of 750MB has been auto-renewed and N500 deducted from my airtime balance . Something that expired four days earlier !

I immediately put a call across MTN customer care line to reverse the transaction, that the money is not meant for that. In fact I turned off my data to avoid it being used . The customer care representative now told me that I should have unsubscribed from auto renewal that they do not reverse data bundle once purchased . I now outlined some points to him:

1. It is your organisation that subscribed me to auto-renewal , I did not ask for it and therefore not under any obligation to to cancel it . MTN should give me opportunity to choose auto-renewal by myself. I am not constrained to cancel what I did not activate.

2. The data expired as at when due , and your organisation sent me a message that you could not renew due to insufficient airtime. Logically , I thought that was the end of it. Charging me several days after expiry is plain illegal

3. You do not lose any money by reversing it , and the money will still be used within MTN network, it is not as if you are transferring it back to my bank account.

Unfortunately, MTN customer care did not deem it fit to reverse the transaction and insisted to subscribing me to a service I did not want.

Cc JideSM

Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by endtime1(m): 1:24pm On Jul 05, 2017
why is Mtn network bad for browsing in my area baruwa ipaja lagos
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by mesoprogress(m): 1:29pm On Jul 05, 2017
JideSM:
Y'ello Mesoprogress, I am sorry that you have this experience. Please note that all MTN Data Plans are placed on Auto-Renewal policy as stated on MTN Website. Also, the code to opt of the renewal is made available therein. The reversal is possible if it had not been used and expired.

Should you face any challenge using our services, please contact me here for review and resolution. Thank you for your understanding.

Hope you read my post. I am under no obligation to unsubscribe from what l did not subscribe for. Besides, the auto renewal date has long passed. I have already laid a complaint with NCC. If they don't handle it well, I will consider a redress in court . No joking
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 1:48pm On Jul 05, 2017
Remember that Auto-Renewal has no date, it is renewed as soon as there is enough credit to permit the renewal. Subscribing for any Data Plan means subscribing to its renewal. This is stated on Data Plans Terms & Conditions on MTN website. Like I wrote earlier, clarity will always be provided via this thread as I am always available for your service.

mesoprogress:
Hope you read my post. I am under no obligation to unsubscribe from what l did not subscribe for. Besides, the auto renewal date has long passed. I have already laid a complaint with NCC. If they don't handle it well, I will consider a redress in court . No joking
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by minniekennie: 1:50pm On Jul 05, 2017
hmmm
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 1:58pm On Jul 05, 2017
endtime1:
why is Mtn network bad for browsing in my area baruwa ipaja lagos

I am very sorry about this. Please PM your full address in the reported location, the error message, your device type, some other affected phone numbers in the area. Thank you.
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by mesoprogress(m): 3:16pm On Jul 05, 2017
JideSM:
Remember that Auto-Renewal has no date, it is renewed as soon as there is enough credit to permit the renewal. Subscribing for any Data Plan means subscribing to its renewal. This is stated on Data Plans Terms & Conditions on MTN website. Like I wrote earlier, clarity will always be provided via this thread as I am always available for your service.

Thanks for the clarification. Unless they reverse the airtime within reasonable time, they would come to present their terms and conditions in the court. No wahala
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by Nobody: 5:15pm On Jul 05, 2017
Please how do I change my line from prepaid to post paid. Thank you.
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 10:30pm On Jul 05, 2017
cnnelo:
Please how do I change my line from prepaid to post paid. Thank you.

Hi cnnelo , to migrate from Pre-paid to Post-Paid plan, you need to provide the following:
•    A form of identification (Drivers’ license, National ID card, voter’s registration card and international passport), 
•    Two coloured passport, 
•    Utility bill – PHCN, tenancy agreement or water rate.  
•    A duly signed activation form, 
•    If it is a corporate line, you will need to present an authorization letter from your company. 
Your request will be completed within 48 hours. 
OR
Visit the MTN website to download the MTN postpaid Subscriber Activation form, new activation form and bank confirmation form 
Send the completed forms with the scanned documents to mtncreditservices@mtnnigeria.net

(1) (2) (3) ... (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) ... (256) (Reply)

Infinix zero discussion thread! / Mobile Phone Antivirus Software Download - Free. / Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.