Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,541 members, 7,808,994 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:45 PM

MTN Customer Care Thread - Phones (212) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / MTN Customer Care Thread (568896 Views)

MTN Customer Care Whatsapp Numbers / Glo Customer Care Thread (unofficial) / Etisalat Customer Care Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) ... (256) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by Donsammi(m): 5:06pm On Sep 09, 2017
hello sir please my Mtn data can't turn on ,on my phone huawei g7-ul20 08060088753 but it do turn on on other people's phone! please help

if it's the APN its already set..

buh data won't turn on..
please dont know if its from you guys side
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by maasoap(m): 5:18pm On Sep 09, 2017
JideSM:

I've sent you a pm
Hi, the last two times I recharge my line, my money was instantly deducted for the services I didn't subscribe to. Each time I lodged complain, they would tell me to send a particular code. It seemed it didn't work. Now I'm afraid to recharge my mtn line again. I'm now making calls and browsing with my glo and Airtel lines pending the time mtn is ready to stop that. My line is 08032296704, help me remove all active services subscriptions done on my behalf by mtn.
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by Dnockeror333(m): 8:24am On Sep 10, 2017
1. Every three to two times a day I got sms saying I should recharge to get Stream Cool FM worth #50 weekly!
Since March I now fear to buy recharge because of the outrageous deductions. No matter what I do, I could not do anytjing to this frequent advert.
And secondly, I subscribe with #500 three months ago for MTN Facebook Weekly, after the month I entered into 90 days data plan, and since then three times every blessed day it had been "Recharge to continue enjoying..." WHAT TYPE OF ENJOYMENT DO THEY WANT? IS IT FORCE? I HAVE TOLD THEM BUT NOTHING HAD BEEN DONE TILL NOW.

Please, can anyone help?
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 8:43am On Sep 11, 2017
XFrozen:
MTN I'm disappointed in you guys... How can you produce a sum that works only in one city? I'm not a statue or using a land line

Hi XFrozen, so sorry about this. i'll appreciate if you can share more details about this to enable me address appropriately. Regards
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by Donsammi(m): 8:50am On Sep 11, 2017
JideSM:

Hi XFrozen, so sorry about this. i'll appreciate if you can share more details about this to enable me address appropriately. Regards
On Sep 09
hello sir please my Mtn data
can't turn on ,on my phone
huawei g7-ul20
08060088753 but it do turn
on on other people's phone!
please help
if it's the APN its already
set..
buh data won't turn on..
please dont know if its from
you guys side
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 9:03am On Sep 11, 2017
Donsammi:
hello sir please my Mtn data can't turn on ,on my phone huawei g7-ul20 08060088753 but it do turn on on other people's phone! please help

if it's the APN its already set..

buh data won't turn on..
please dont know if its from you guys side

Hi Donsammi, so sorry for the inconvenience. I'll contact you shortly. Regards
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by Donsammi(m): 9:07am On Sep 11, 2017
JideSM:

Hi Donsammi, so sorry for the inconvenience. I'll contact you shortly. Regards
thanks!
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 9:19am On Sep 11, 2017
maasoap:

Hi, the last two times I recharge my line, my money was instantly deducted for the services I didn't subscribe to. Each time I lodged complain, they would tell me to send a particular code. It seemed it didn't work. Now I'm afraid to recharge my mtn line again. I'm now making calls and browsing with my glo and Airtel lines pending the time mtn is ready to stop that. My line is 08032296704, help me remove all active services subscriptions done on my behalf by mtn.

Hi maasoap, i'm truly sorry that this happened. There is currently no active Value added service on the line. However, you can manage Value added service on your line by dialing *447# or *123*5#. Regards
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 9:26am On Sep 11, 2017
Dnockeror333:
1. Every three to two times a day I got sms saying I should recharge to get Stream Cool FM worth #50 weekly!
Since March I now fear to buy recharge because of the outrageous deductions. No matter what I do, I could not do anytjing to this frequent advert.
And secondly, I subscribe with #500 three months ago for MTN Facebook Weekly, after the month I entered into 90 days data plan, and since then three times every blessed day it had been "Recharge to continue enjoying..." WHAT TYPE OF ENJOYMENT DO THEY WANT? IS IT FORCE? I HAVE TOLD THEM BUT NOTHING HAD BEEN DONE TILL NOW.

Please, can anyone help?

Hi Dnockeror333, apologies for the inconvenience. Kindly send your mobile number via the private message to enable me run a check. Regards
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by Ebubemg(m): 10:29am On Sep 11, 2017
JideSM:

Hi Dnockeror333, apologies for the inconvenience. Kindly send your mobile number via the private message to enable me run a check. Regards
Hello
I transfer 50 naira to my mtn sim, I receive the notification but the credit is no where to be found,this is the number 08131925948
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 11:03am On Sep 11, 2017
Ebubemg:
Hello
I transfer 50 naira to my mtn sim, I receive the notification but the credit is no where to be found,this is the number 08131925948

Hi Ebubemg, so sorry that this happened. kindly provide the date of transaction, sender's number and the recipient's number via private message for checks. Regards
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by hugoboss70(m): 12:32pm On Sep 11, 2017
What's wrong with mtn data services? Withing 24hrs almost 700mb wiped while my fone was on idle?? (You have 1278.55MB remaining of your data plan; your current data access will be suspended when you exhaust your data. Please dial *131# to renew.)message at sat 9.30pm. (You have 638.98MB remaining of your data plan; your current data access will be suspended when you exhaust your data. Please dial *131# to renew.) message on Sunday 5.30pm. Something is definetly wrong and I hope u can check it out. My number-- 08035076911. Thanks
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by maasoap(m): 1:03pm On Sep 11, 2017
JideSM:

Hi maasoap, i'm truly sorry that this happened. There is currently no active Value added service on the line. However, you can manage Value added service on your line by dialing *447# or *123*5#. Regards

I received message on my line too. Thanks.
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 3:08pm On Sep 11, 2017
hugoboss70:
What's wrong with mtn data services? Withing 24hrs almost 700mb wiped while my fone was on idle?? (You have 1278.55MB remaining of your data plan; your current data access will be suspended when you exhaust your data. Please dial *131# to renew.)message at sat 9.30pm. (You have 638.98MB remaining of your data plan; your current data access will be suspended when you exhaust your data. Please dial *131# to renew.) message on Sunday 5.30pm. Something is definetly wrong and I hope u can check it out. My number-- 08035076911. Thanks

Hi hugoboss70, i'm truly sorry about this. I'll contact you shortly. Regards
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 3:12pm On Sep 11, 2017
adexeli:
Okay, thanks. I'll be awaiting your feedback.

Hi adexeli, please be informed that 2.4gb data has been restored. Apologies for the inconvenience caused. Regards
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by adexeli(m): 3:16pm On Sep 11, 2017
JideSM:

Hi adexeli, please be informed that 2.4gb data has been restored. Apologies for the inconvenience caused. Regards
Confirmed. Thanks so much
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by bennito: 5:06pm On Sep 11, 2017
Jide goodevening.
Plz I want to port my Glo network to mtn cus of several frustrating experience therein encountered, how do I go about it and hope the Glo number will remain the same?
Also, after the porting, will I be able to recharge and make subscriptions as an mtn subscriber?
Finally for now, how many minutes or hours wit it take to be functional as anticipated?
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by Dnockeror333(m): 6:31pm On Sep 11, 2017
JideSM:

The private message is in automatic control mode a `read only', we cannot control nor write on it. Sorry,

Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by Dnockeror333(m): 6:35pm On Sep 11, 2017
JideSM:

Though I have already answered your request, I thought I might have gotten you wrong: what do you mean by privte message, please...?
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by hugoboss70(m): 6:16am On Sep 12, 2017
JideSM:

Hi hugoboss70, i'm truly sorry about this. I'll contact you shortly. Regards
ok thanks waiting for your reply thou anoda 24hrs after I sent u dat message the remaining mb was wiped out. (You have used up your data and will not be able to enjoy data access. Dial *131*1# to buy data plan, *606# to borrow data or *131*200# to browse ¡N10.24/MB.)
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 9:44am On Sep 12, 2017
bennito:
Jide goodevening.
Plz I want to port my Glo network to mtn cus of several frustrating experience therein encountered, how do I go about it and hope the Glo number will remain the same?
Also, after the porting, will I be able to recharge and make subscriptions as an mtn subscriber?
Finally for now, how many minutes or hours wit it take to be functional as anticipated?

Hi bennito, please visit the nearest MTN Walk-in centre with a valid ID card to complete a Port-in Request form then text PORT to 3232.
1. Yes, your Glo number will still remain only a change in network provider
2. Yes, you will be able ti recharge and subscribe to MTN services
3. Your Port-in process should be completed between 24hrs to 48hrs
Let me know in case you are unable to locate any MTN Walk-in centre so I can assist. Regards
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 10:10am On Sep 12, 2017
Dnockeror333:

The private message is in automatic control mode a `read only', we cannot control nor write on it. Sorry,

Hi Dnockeror333, there is currently no active Stream Cool FM or Facebook Weekly service on the line. In addition, you can manage value added service on your line when you dial *447# or *123*5#. Also, you can text HELP to the short code 2442 to activate the Do-not disturb service to opt out of receiving promotional messages for 3rd Party services (Bulk SMS, VAS promos, etc.) Regards

1 Like

Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by Dnockeror333(m): 10:51am On Sep 12, 2017
JideSM:

Hi Dnockeror333, there is currently no active Stream Cool FM or Facebook Weekly service on the line. In addition, you can manage value added service on your line when you dial *447# or *123*5#. Also, you can text HELP to the short code 2442 to activate the Do-not disturb service to opt out of receiving promotional messages for 3rd Party services (Bulk SMS, VAS promos, etc.) Regards

By this, JideSM, I once sent HELP to 2442, but this two SMS continued disturbing. Except that since early morning, I have not heard a blipp! Did you do something brother?
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 11:31am On Sep 12, 2017
hugoboss70:
ok thanks waiting for your reply thou anoda 24hrs after I sent u dat message the remaining mb was wiped out. (You have used up your data and will not be able to enjoy data access. Dial *131*1# to buy data plan, *606# to borrow data or *131*200# to browse ¡N10.24/MB.)

Hi hugoboss70 , i'm unable to reach you on the mobile number you provided. However, let me share some tips that can help you manage data usage.

DATA USAGE GUIDE
Step 1: How to reduce data usage on Facebook app.

· Go to Facebook app
Click the Facebook menu option
· Select App settings
· Select Autoplay
· Click ‘Never Autoplay Videos’
- The reason for selecting ‘Never Autoplay Videos’ is to stop autoplay of videos while reading through the News feeds.
- The longer you spend on the News feeds, the higher your data consumption as the Facebook app automatically downloads every image on the page.

Step 2: How to reduce data usage on Instagram.
· Go to Instagram app
· Select Profile
· Click on Menu Option
· Select Cellular Data Use
· Select Use Less Data
- The reason for selecting ‘Use Less Data’ is to reduce the quality of videos and pictures.
- The longer you spend on the Story feeds, the higher your data consumption as the Instagram app automatically downloads every image on the page.

Step 3: How to reduce data usage on Whatsapp.

· Go to Whatsapp
· Click on the Menu button
· Select Settings
· Click on Data Usage
· Under Media auto-download select When using mobile data
· Un-check the boxes the click ok
- The reason for un-checking the boxes is to reduce the amount of data used in downloading every file received·
Under Call Settings check the box for Low data usage
- The reason for un-checking the boxes is to reduce the amount of data used while making Whatsapp call/video.

Step 4: How to reduce data usage on Google Play.

· Go to Google Play
· Select the Menu button
· Click on Settings
· Under General, select Auto-update apps
· Select Do not auto-update apps or Auto-update apps over Wi-Fi only
- When you select Do not auto-update apps, no app will be updated automatically.
- When you select Auto-update over Wi-Fi only, apps will automatically update once connected via Wi-Fi. In the event where you share data via MiFi/Hotspot connectivity, Auto-update app over Wi-Fi only should be switched to Do not auto-update apps.
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by hugoboss70(m): 12:35pm On Sep 12, 2017
JideSM:

Hi hugoboss70 , i'm unable to reach you on the mobile number you provided. However, let me share some tips that can help you manage data usage.

DATA USAGE GUIDE
Step 1: How to reduce data usage on Facebook app.

· Go to Facebook app
Click the Facebook menu option
· Select App settings
· Select Autoplay
· Click ‘Never Autoplay Videos’
- The reason for selecting ‘Never Autoplay Videos’ is to stop autoplay of videos while reading through the News feeds.
- The longer you spend on the News feeds, the higher your data consumption as the Facebook app automatically downloads every image on the page.

Step 2: How to reduce data usage on Instagram.
· Go to Instagram app
· Select Profile
· Click on Menu Option
· Select Cellular Data Use
· Select Use Less Data
- The reason for selecting ‘Use Less Data’ is to reduce the quality of videos and pictures.
- The longer you spend on the Story feeds, the higher your data consumption as the Instagram app automatically downloads every image on the page.

Step 3: How to reduce data usage on Whatsapp.

· Go to Whatsapp
· Click on the Menu button
· Select Settings
· Click on Data Usage
· Under Media auto-download select When using mobile data
· Un-check the boxes the click ok
- The reason for un-checking the boxes is to reduce the amount of data used in downloading every file received·
Under Call Settings check the box for Low data usage
- The reason for un-checking the boxes is to reduce the amount of data used while making Whatsapp call/video.

Step 4: How to reduce data usage on Google Play.

· Go to Google Play
· Select the Menu button
· Click on Settings
· Under General, select Auto-update apps
· Select Do not auto-update apps or Auto-update apps over Wi-Fi only
- When you select Do not auto-update apps, no app will be updated automatically.
- When you select Auto-update over Wi-Fi only, apps will automatically update once connected via Wi-Fi. In the event where you share data via MiFi/Hotspot connectivity, Auto-update app over Wi-Fi only should be switched to Do not auto-update apps.
. As I said in my earlier post phone was on idle meanin no fb,instagram or twitter. And it's a bb10 with no automatic update. How d data zapped still baffles me
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by pat077: 1:23pm On Sep 12, 2017
Is the mtn night plan still working
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by XFrozen: 9:38am On Sep 13, 2017
JideSM:

I DID A SWAP AT YOUR OFFICE IN ALLEN ROAD LAGOS AND THE SIM WORKS ONLY IN LAGOS ...ANYTIME I TRAVEL OUT OF LAGOS IT STOPS WORKING. EG NO NETWORK
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 11:14am On Sep 13, 2017
pat077:
Is the mtn night plan still working

Hi pat077, yes please. Text Night to 131 @ N25 ONLY on MTN Pulse.
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 11:17am On Sep 13, 2017
XFrozen:
I DID A SWAP AT YOUR OFFICE IN ALLEN ROAD LAGOS AND THE SIM WORKS ONLY IN LAGOS ...ANYTIME I TRAVEL OUT OF LAGOS IT STOPS WORKING. EG NO NETWORK

Hi XFrozen, so sorry for the inconvenience. Please send your mobile number via email message to enable me look into this. Regards
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by pabon(m): 2:21pm On Sep 13, 2017
Good afternoon Mr JideSM. Please, I discovered yesterday that my airtime was being deducted for sections I have no knowledge about. The funny but annoying thing about this is that it happens whenever I turn off my data.

This is a copy of the last message.

Your last session was 24.04 KB, total cost of last session was 0.35 and new account balance is 163.79.

I don't want to believe that this is MTN's surreptitious way of defrauding her FAITHFUL customers.

I'm awaiting your response. Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) ... (256) (Reply)

Infinix zero discussion thread! / Mobile Phone Antivirus Software Download - Free. / Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.