Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,217 members, 7,807,736 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:15 PM

Lagos Is Safe For Igbos - Joe Igbokwe (ACN Publicity Secretary) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Is Safe For Igbos - Joe Igbokwe (ACN Publicity Secretary) (10549 Views)

Baba Alakyo Is Safe – Ombatse / Buhari Threatens To Quit Apc Over National Publicity Secretary Position / Corruption In Aviation Sector Caused Dana Air Crash – CPC Publicity Secretary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Is Safe For Igbos - Joe Igbokwe (ACN Publicity Secretary) by swizzle(m): 5:28pm On Aug 01, 2013
lookooman:

LIKE YOUR IGBO PROGENITORS?

WHEN YOU ARE ONLY CRYING FOUL WHERE THERE I NONE,,,,,,,,,

I FORGOT EWU IS THE SECOND NAME OF ALL IGBOS grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Kid...*walks away*
Re: Lagos Is Safe For Igbos - Joe Igbokwe (ACN Publicity Secretary) by madjune(m): 5:29pm On Aug 01, 2013
pandriod: [size=38pt]Joe Igbokwe? I'd believe the devil before believing this Ibo man!! [/size]

ARE YOU SURE HE'S A REAL IBO MAN TO START WITH? BEEN HANGING WITH NDI OFE MMANU FOR TOO LONG.
Re: Lagos Is Safe For Igbos - Joe Igbokwe (ACN Publicity Secretary) by madjune(m): 5:43pm On Aug 01, 2013
lookooman:
IF ANYONE WANTS TO TALK ABOUT THE ISSUE ON GROUND, IT SHOULDNT BE ORJI UZOR KALU...HE IS SEEKING POLITICAL RELEVANCE AGAINST COMING ELECTIONS....I LIVED IN BENUE STATE, THE ONLY THING IGBOS DO THERE IS SELL IN THE MARKET AND IF YOU DONT KNOW, THERE ARE NO INDUSTRIES IN BENUE STATE WORTH ANY IGBO MANS SWEAT, IF THERE ARE NO IGBOS IN BENUE, THE STATE WILL SURVIVE........ AGAIN WHY IS IT THAT ANY YORUBA FROM ANY STATE CAN WORK IN ANY YORUBA STATE AND ITS TRUE FOR HAUSALAND ALSO, WHY IS IT IMPOSSIBLE IN IGBO LAND, NO UNITY AMONG IGBOS WHICH WE ALL KNOW, THAT IS WHY PETER OBI REFUSED TO RESPOND TO FASHOLA WHEN CONTACTED ABOUT THOSE DESTITUTES, SO WHY THE FOUL SRIES NOW/

LOOKOOMAN...ABEG WEY U CARRY ALL YOUR FACTS FROM? WERE YOU IN PETER OBI'S OFFICE WHEN HE HEARD OF THE DESTITUTES?
YOU ARE PLAYING ON STEREOTYPES AND COMMON SENTIMENT THAT IBOS ARE NOT UNITED. WHO TOLD YOU THAT YORUBAS CAN'T WORK IN IBOLAND? YOU HEARD THEY WERE DRIVEN OUT? WEY YOUR FACTS.
YOU BETTER CALL A SPADE BY ITS NAME. WHAT FASHOLA IS DOING IS WRONG. HE WILL REGRET SETTING THIS PRECEDENT BECAUSE HIS POLITICAL CAREER IS JUST STARTING.
Re: Lagos Is Safe For Igbos - Joe Igbokwe (ACN Publicity Secretary) by Tunbolity(m): 6:40pm On Aug 01, 2013
The way people bandy figures these days is amazing, they just throw figures here and there. Who conducted the statistics of Igbo population that they arrived at such figure. Moreso, by implication, Yoruba,Hausa and the South-South people in Lagos constitute the remaining less than 55% while Igbos are over 45%. If that is so, they should dominate the political terrain in Lagos State, they should have atleast produced one governor of Igbo origin in Lagos State or rather they should install one traditional ruler in one part of Lagos. We have tolerated these "Ajokuta mamumi" too much that they now see themselves as overlords grandstanding on the affairs of Lagos. ACN has sold our pride and dignity to them even, Joe Igbokwe, the towncrier can open his mouth and say Igbos are over 45% in population. What a bizarre! Its hightime people of Lagos and SW generally said enough is enough to this disdainful grandstanding and foolish audacity of Igbos in Lagos.
Re: Lagos Is Safe For Igbos - Joe Igbokwe (ACN Publicity Secretary) by thegeniusoye(m): 7:30pm On Aug 01, 2013
strangest: Take your tribalistic party somewhere else... Fashola have actually showed the IGBO men his true colour... Hope he is getting ready to run for the Presidential mandate... APC/ ACN is going down for sure cos of this silly and lame action by Fashola, how do you unite people by dropping them in the middle of upper iweka by 3am? Which family were they united with?... Fashola has shown his hatred for IGBO as a whole by this mere action and i won't be surprised if same is extended to Christians tomorrow... Fashola should take Sharia rule to his family...

I tot u were educated! I'm sure u can read? You read d whole text and still make dis crude comment? Didn't u read d part that Lagos state govt informed Anambra state govt? Or shuld Fashola point torch and start searching for their street address in order to unite dem wit their families? Mtchew!
Re: Lagos Is Safe For Igbos - Joe Igbokwe (ACN Publicity Secretary) by bootlegaz: 7:30pm On Aug 01, 2013
Yorubas are looking more like Red Indians of the USA. If you can not compete, use the law to sabotage the progressive. Keep looking for handouts while we turn your girls to baby mamas.....lol
Re: Lagos Is Safe For Igbos - Joe Igbokwe (ACN Publicity Secretary) by Nobody: 7:34pm On Aug 01, 2013
lookooman:
IF ANYONE WANTS TO TALK ABOUT THE ISSUE ON GROUND, IT SHOULDNT BE ORJI UZOR KALU...HE IS SEEKING POLITICAL RELEVANCE AGAINST COMING ELECTIONS....I LIVED IN BENUE STATE, THE ONLY THING IGBOS DO THERE IS SELL IN THE MARKET AND IF YOU DONT KNOW, THERE ARE NO INDUSTRIES IN BENUE STATE WORTH ANY IGBO MANS SWEAT, IF THERE ARE NO IGBOS IN BENUE, THE STATE WILL SURVIVE........ AGAIN WHY IS IT THAT ANY YORUBA FROM ANY STATE CAN WORK IN ANY YORUBA STATE AND ITS TRUE FOR HAUSALAND ALSO, WHY IS IT IMPOSSIBLE IN IGBO LAND, NO UNITY AMONG IGBOS WHICH WE ALL KNOW, THAT IS WHY PETER OBI REFUSED TO RESPOND TO FASHOLA WHEN CONTACTED ABOUT THOSE DESTITUTES, SO WHY THE FOUL SRIES NOW/

Same in igboland. I work in a state owned hospital, we have doctors from all 5 states in igboland plus deltan and Riverians, so wat are u driving at?

I still maintain state govt(not federal ) parastatals in a state should be handled by 80 percent of indigenes. Am sure abia state still have a reserve of other indigenes from their state civil service after the mass sacking
Re: Lagos Is Safe For Igbos - Joe Igbokwe (ACN Publicity Secretary) by Nobody: 7:36pm On Aug 01, 2013
Tunbolity: The way people bandy figures these days is amazing, they just throw figures here and there. Who conducted the statistics of Igbo population that they arrived at such figure. Moreso, by implication, Yoruba,Hausa and the South-South people in Lagos constitute the remaining less than 55% while Igbos are over 45%. If that is so, they should dominate the political terrain in Lagos State, they should have atleast produced one governor of Igbo origin in Lagos State or rather they should install one traditional ruler in one part of Lagos. We have tolerated these "Ajokuta mamumi" too much that they now see themselves as overlords grandstanding on the affairs of Lagos. ACN has sold our pride and dignity to them even, Joe Igbokwe, the towncrier can open his mouth and say Igbos are over 45% in population. What a bizarre! Its hightime people of Lagos and SW generally said enough is enough to this disdainful grandstanding and foolish audacity of Igbos in Lagos.

tinubu himself had said 42 percent. Now, igbokwe said 45.

I dare u to do lagos state census according to tribe again and receive d shocker of your life
Re: Lagos Is Safe For Igbos - Joe Igbokwe (ACN Publicity Secretary) by VirginFinder: 7:53pm On Aug 01, 2013
ngozievergreen:

tinubu himself had said 42 percent. Now, igbokwe said 45.

I dare u to do lagos state census according to tribe again and receive d shocker of your life

There is no shocker anywhere.

Ndjigbos are a paltry 10% of Lagos state. I can prove it.

There are some places in this same Lagos that you wont find one Ndjigbo man.

Tinubu said what? In your dreams!
Re: Lagos Is Safe For Igbos - Joe Igbokwe (ACN Publicity Secretary) by bootlegaz: 8:01pm On Aug 01, 2013
Virgin Finder:

There is no shocker anywhere.

Ndjigbos are a paltry 10% of Lagos state. I can prove it.

There are some places in this same Lagos that you wont find one Ndjigbo man.

Tinubu said what? In your dreams!
I hope you are well equipped with your data? I don't like air heads. A yoruba man that assumes, anyone in Nigeria that is not hausa is automatically igbo has an answer?
Re: Lagos Is Safe For Igbos - Joe Igbokwe (ACN Publicity Secretary) by lagcity(m): 8:24pm On Aug 01, 2013
at the end of the day, igbos will kick and scream and nothing will change. Igbos need to realize that fighting the govt is lost cause in another region. They wont take a tenth of that rubbish in their own region
Re: Lagos Is Safe For Igbos - Joe Igbokwe (ACN Publicity Secretary) by swezenberg(m): 9:30pm On Aug 01, 2013
idumuose: ACN as a party has 'LIES and falacy' inscribed in their DNA.
It is not true that igbos constitute 'over 45% of the total
population of lagos.
As a matter of fact the igbos constitute more than 50% of
lagos population.Go to Ajao estate,Festac,amuwo odofin,okoko,
Oshodi,mushin,isolo,okota.These few places are undisputably
controlled by the igbos.Is it a coincidence that these places
mentioned have very poor access roads in lagos?
They are already planning to rig elections that is why they are
trying to reduce the actual number of igbo residents in Lagos.
They know they have incurred the wrath of the igbos who have the
Highest voting population in lagos.Any injustice metted out to
one igbo is a vote against APC.Did PDP not trounce ACN during the
last presidential election with a very wide margin?
A word is enough for the wise.
Egbe belu ugo belu nke ekweghi ibe ya ebela....NKU KWA YA!!

Lagosians must be wise to have left you with the slum. So we can infer from your statement that Lagosians reserved Ikoyi, Lekki, Victoria Island and the new Eko atlantic city for themselves. Leaving you with the mainland due to your parasitic nature. Yorubas are just too wise for the igbos. They even separated the igbos from the Yorubas with Toll gate.
Re: Lagos Is Safe For Igbos - Joe Igbokwe (ACN Publicity Secretary) by Nobody: 11:00pm On Aug 01, 2013
Sweetlemon: Lagos has always been safe for Igbos. But these Igbos sha, na wa for una. Small thing like this, una go dey cry fowl.
Just because Fashola deported some Igbo hawkers does not mean that he hates Igbos. It just means that these hawkers were not in line with his visions for Lagos state. In fact, there are more Igbos working in Lagos State govt than Yorubas working in any Eastern govt so please relax abeg!
Fash and his crew want to turn lagos to a world class city (mind you, they have every right to do so because it's their state) They cannot achieve this goal unless some really harsh measures are taken. They will have to step on some toes in their quest to sanitize Lagos and make it look like a mega city. You will all agree with me that hawkers littering every nook and cranny of the state will not make Lagos look like a mega city.
for Christ's sake, they did not deport all Igbos. just the hawkers on the streets. Instead of crying fowl why not encourage your own state governments to empower your youths so that there will be less of them hawking for survival.
smh
But I must add though that Lagos State should also get rid of Agberos if they are really serious about their mega city project
You are ON POINT! Am an Igbo guy....nwa Igbo ka muwa bu! And i think you just hit the nail on the head! Kudos!!!
Re: Lagos Is Safe For Igbos - Joe Igbokwe (ACN Publicity Secretary) by rockbase360: 7:05am On Aug 02, 2013
When did it become a crime for a state to set living standard's? I am sure this people also hate the fact that he is banning okada.Just becuase the master plan of the city affect's largely igbo dominated business doesn't mean Fashola hates igbos. Nor be everybody dey fit live for Newyork....
Re: Lagos Is Safe For Igbos - Joe Igbokwe (ACN Publicity Secretary) by elohorayodele: 9:33am On Aug 02, 2013
Igbo destitutes? Sounds funi, abeg how many pple don see igbo man 4 lagos wen no get house n de beg n slp 4 street? I neva see oh. Shebi fashola don pack all d beggars of northern extraction finish ni?
Re: Lagos Is Safe For Igbos - Joe Igbokwe (ACN Publicity Secretary) by ravgach: 12:18pm On Aug 02, 2013
Who said these citizens they are calling destitutes are not lagosians? One of the serious challenges the country will need to solve is this indegeneship brouhaha. What should a responsive government do to homeless citizens? Provide them shelta of course! How does their deportation which is a violation of their rights, resolve their homelessness? I am highly disappointed in Fashola by this retrogressive decision his government took. He is someone I actually had great hopes in for the futre of Nigeria. His government should take care of everyone in Lagos whether they are labelled homeless, destitute etc. This is the main reason he was elected - to provide affordable houses and jobs for the masses.
Re: Lagos Is Safe For Igbos - Joe Igbokwe (ACN Publicity Secretary) by Nobody: 10:20am On Aug 03, 2013
swezenberg:

Lagosians must be wise to have left you with the slum. So we can infer from your statement that Lagosians reserved Ikoyi, Lekki, Victoria Island and the new Eko atlantic city for themselves. Leaving you with the mainland due to your parasitic nature. Yorubas are just too wise for the igbos. They even separated the igbos from the Yorubas with Toll gate.

loolz.
I dare u to go to the high brow areas and see those that dominate, go to lagos slums too and see those that dominate.

Then u can now re-edit your post, cos from d above post, u dnt understand y yorubas are jealous
Re: Lagos Is Safe For Igbos - Joe Igbokwe (ACN Publicity Secretary) by Nobody: 10:25am On Aug 03, 2013
rockbase360: When did it become a crime for a state to set living standard's? I am sure this people also hate the fact that he is banning okada.Just becuase the master plan of the city affect's largely igbo dominated business doesn't mean Fashola hates igbos. Nor be everybody dey fit live for Newyork....

what about the millions of hausa beggars in Lagos?

And the remaining multitudes of yorummanu destitutes in lagos,
how can sending just 70 persons of different ethnicities to onitsha going to make lagos a mega city?

Fahola should pack buhari's cousins to their northern abode and see what will befall him.
Mtchew! Standard my foot
Re: Lagos Is Safe For Igbos - Joe Igbokwe (ACN Publicity Secretary) by CHUKSfb: 3:02pm On Aug 03, 2013
IF YOU ARE A MAN OF INTEGRITY AND GOOD CONSCIENCE, YOU WILL NEVER BE IN ACN OF ALL POLITICAL PARTIES, DO NOT ALSO BRING IN BEN AKABUEZE’S PRESENCE IN LAGOS STATE GOVERNMENT TO CONFUSE ANYBODY BECAUSE WE KNOW THAT HE IS AN EXPATRIATE WITH THE GOVERNMENT.
Re: Lagos Is Safe For Igbos - Joe Igbokwe (ACN Publicity Secretary) by swezenberg(m): 10:13pm On Aug 03, 2013
ngozievergreen:

loolz.
I dare u to go to the high brow areas and see those that dominate, go to lagos slums too and see those that dominate.

Then u can now re-edit your post, cos from d above post, u dnt understand y yorubas are jealous

Sorry to disappoint you the last time I checked Wale Adenuga, Jimoh Ibrahim, Tinubu, Femi Pedro, Alakijas, Okoya Thomas and the rest are not Eze ndigbos but like the parasite you are you may claim they are and if you think all those streets in VI like Ajose Adegun, Adetokunbo Ademola, and Adeyemo Alakija are not Lagosians then you must have your head examined because for the son of a Lagosian that I am I know a lot about my state. Do you think we are just ahead of you academically and intellectually alone. All you can get from us is the name of a road like Ozumba Mbadiwe road which can be changed at any time.
Re: Lagos Is Safe For Igbos - Joe Igbokwe (ACN Publicity Secretary) by CyberG: 5:44am On Aug 04, 2013
madjune:

ARE YOU SURE HE'S A REAL IBO MAN TO START WITH? BEEN HANGING WITH NDI OFE MMANU FOR TOO LONG.

I don't think anyone needs to be told if it is not safe, if it is not safe a normal person will leave!
Re: Lagos Is Safe For Igbos - Joe Igbokwe (ACN Publicity Secretary) by bushwailo: 8:44am On Aug 04, 2013
There you go with my Igbo brothers once again.
Very typical and predictable.

Joe Igbokwe and Chris Ngige or anyone for that matter who is calling for caution
is a "Traitor", "Sell-out", "Efulefu".
Instead you want war with Fashola, Lagos state, yoruba people or even possibly the rest of Nigeria.

The same label that was used for Zik of all people before the Biafran War.
Instead they listened to a 31 Yo army rascal just because he pried on ur tribal sentiments.

That is how you turned a tragic Pogrom situation to a 1-2 million Genocide.
The same attitude allowed you to be fooled to go to war without guns or ammunition.
Re: Lagos Is Safe For Igbos - Joe Igbokwe (ACN Publicity Secretary) by tpia5: 8:57am On Aug 04, 2013
what kind of nonsense is all this sef?

is it the new igbo migrants who are trying to cause unnecessary trouble or what?

are igbos new in lagos, or why this embarrassing display of aggro from some internet nitwits?

its now that some people want to start accusing lagos of being anti-igbo?

too much weed is bad for your health!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Presidency Lauds Rep Members For Passing 2 Executive Bills / APC Crisis: Oshiomhole Distances Self From Eta’s Suit / Matawalle: There Are 30,000 Armed Bandits Across The North

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.