Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,367 members, 7,808,280 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:48 AM

Your Headphones Can Gradually Turn You Deaf - Science/Technology (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Your Headphones Can Gradually Turn You Deaf (16888 Views)

Eargo Hearing Enhancement Device: The Deaf Can Now Hear / Shocking: Beats By Dre Headphones Cost $14 To Make But Sellsfor $100-$700 / The Headphones That Costs $30,000... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Headphones Can Gradually Turn You Deaf by kayultimate(m): 6:45am On Aug 02, 2013
time to get rid of it!
Re: Your Headphones Can Gradually Turn You Deaf by Afodot0022(m): 6:49am On Aug 02, 2013
what about you being a radio presenter or electronic studio worker. they are always on headphones.
Re: Your Headphones Can Gradually Turn You Deaf by Nobody: 6:56am On Aug 02, 2013
Gd observation, 9ja people ar very stubborn when it now happened they will start looking for help I need money for operation
Re: Your Headphones Can Gradually Turn You Deaf by Munzakah(m): 7:45am On Aug 02, 2013
Ok oo, i hope somebody is listening
Re: Your Headphones Can Gradually Turn You Deaf by Munzakah(m): 7:46am On Aug 02, 2013
A word is enough 4 the wise
Re: Your Headphones Can Gradually Turn You Deaf by Nobody: 8:16am On Aug 02, 2013
Naija i dey hail o,c as some pple dey comment anyhow,even me self dey guilty of am,but i go adjust with time,so na una own dem dey folo una talk,make una ear for no lost
Re: Your Headphones Can Gradually Turn You Deaf by obyslink: 8:27am On Aug 02, 2013
Download: I will be there 4 u ft Inno. And get all tracks http://naijamusictoday.blogs­pot.com/2013/07/byno-david-brings-it-hot-to-naija.html?m=1
Re: Your Headphones Can Gradually Turn You Deaf by Dabss(m): 8:40am On Aug 02, 2013
curiouslad: Another professor releases a compulsory research article to disturb the populace with skewed statistics to back it up

What scientific evidence is there to back it up. Is the cochlea damaged by high decibels of sound or not?

I'm so tired of all this reports
dude even common sense should tell you that anything that causes discomfort to a sense organ is not good.
Re: Your Headphones Can Gradually Turn You Deaf by Damsman10(m): 8:42am On Aug 02, 2013
Jayses: I used it up to a point dat even without headphone i could still hear music playing in my ear.
i fink say me be boss b4 bt nw i respect u ooo...eh
Re: Your Headphones Can Gradually Turn You Deaf by lirusehn(m): 9:07am On Aug 02, 2013
No wonda my earing sucks. I cudnt hear d op untill i read d post. Poor me

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Your Headphones Can Gradually Turn You Deaf by hariorh: 11:09am On Aug 02, 2013
soma042: . Omo no kills with ur exaggerate conclusion undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

he's not exaggerating. i read the news some weeks ago about a dude who got killed by a train while walking along the rail tracks and guess what, ENJOYING HIS COOL MUSIC THROUGH HIS EARPIECE

who knows, he must have been listening to lucifer's latest hit-song before the train.... grin
Re: Your Headphones Can Gradually Turn You Deaf by charlsecy4(m): 11:17am On Aug 02, 2013
Miss Ope: so what happens to call centre representatives who receive inbound calls from different cusstomers compulsorily using head sets....?
Occupational hazard.
Re: Your Headphones Can Gradually Turn You Deaf by Afroconnect: 1:18pm On Aug 02, 2013
Miss Ope: so what happens to call centre representatives who receive inbound calls from different cusstomers compulsorily using head sets....?
your question is funny,its like asking what happens to air hostesses when a plane crashes,or what happens to a painter in the long run that inhales poisonous chemicals...it is called "hazards of the job"
your question sounds really naive.
Re: Your Headphones Can Gradually Turn You Deaf by Afroconnect: 1:20pm On Aug 02, 2013
joe4christ: I dont believe this crap, i've been on this habit from my mother's womb, and yet my eardrums are intact.
Bad things happen to u when u believe in them..
quite dumb,someone with high blood pressure never knows till they suffer an heart attack,so does a smoker feels high and fly till his lungs get bleeped up with cancer and shit..
u sound naive-too many kids these days on Nairaland
Re: Your Headphones Can Gradually Turn You Deaf by Afroconnect: 1:24pm On Aug 02, 2013
Afodot0022: what about you being a radio presenter or electronic studio worker. they are always on headphones.
please keep using it,use it even in your sleep-turn up the volume to the max cheesy...no body force you to read or listen.
Re: Your Headphones Can Gradually Turn You Deaf by coalcoal1(m): 3:04pm On Aug 02, 2013
In that case, almost everyone in my office complex should be deaf by now owing to the deafening sounds of all the generators
Re: Your Headphones Can Gradually Turn You Deaf by rad8(m): 3:50pm On Aug 02, 2013
hmmmmm, buying a headphone to me is a function of its loudness, guess its time to change
Re: Your Headphones Can Gradually Turn You Deaf by curiouslad(m): 5:48pm On Aug 02, 2013
Da_b¤§§.:
dude even common sense should tell you that anything that causes discomfort to a sense organ is not good.

Going by your analogy ,This is what common sense tells me

An eye is a sense organ, can too much of seeing cause make you go blind
So how can too much hearing make the ear go deaf, thats what it is meant for now!!!

Again i call this report Bollocks!!!
Re: Your Headphones Can Gradually Turn You Deaf by Dabss(m): 6:54am On Aug 03, 2013
curiouslad:

Going by your analogy ,This is what common sense tells me

An eye is a sense organ, can too much of seeing cause make you go blind
So how can too much hearing make the ear go deaf, thats what it is meant for now!!!

Again i call this report Bollocks!!!
pls use your head. No one said too much hearing will make u deaf.
And yes! Staring at a very bright light can gradually make you blind.
You get now? or do I still need to dumb it down?
Re: Your Headphones Can Gradually Turn You Deaf by Nobody: 8:16am On Aug 03, 2013
OP thanks for these... I love my headphones with common sense oh undecided
Re: Your Headphones Can Gradually Turn You Deaf by Bamz(m): 12:01pm On Aug 03, 2013
potholeridden Is that even a word?
Re: Your Headphones Can Gradually Turn You Deaf by meobizy(f): 12:46am On Oct 29, 2020
No matter how expensive headphones are, I use them at the lowest possible volume. I don’t want to lose my partial hearing anytime soon. The funny thing is even at that I still suffer the prolonged effects of exposure to loud sounds.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Open Gtbank Verified Paypal Account In Nigeria For Free / 6 Gadgets Your Smartphone Has Made Irrelevant / Why Do I Get Electrocuted Easily?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.