Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,311 members, 7,808,050 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:57 AM

Keke-Napep Banned In Some Lagos Commercial Areas ? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Keke-Napep Banned In Some Lagos Commercial Areas ? (14366 Views)

PHOTO: How Gov. Fashola Wants Lagos Commercial Bus Conductor To Look Like / Uniform For Lagos Commercial Bus-Drivers & Conductors / FG Scraps NECO, NAPEP, Cancels UTME & Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Keke-Napep Banned In Some Lagos Commercial Areas ? by Moddy73: 9:50am On Aug 01, 2013
[quote author=Tolexander][/quote] oga fashola after banning some people, now keke, de next will be oxygen.
Re: Keke-Napep Banned In Some Lagos Commercial Areas ? by Nobody: 9:52am On Aug 01, 2013
A country that doesn't have a reasonable public transport system at the age of 50 is a failure already. I do not support the ban because, many fathers would lose their job, and would definitely affect the entire family. On the other hand, if we're going to have a livable planet in the next 10-20 decades, then the world must do her best to conserve reusable energy and let go of machines with exhaust (keke napep).
Re: Keke-Napep Banned In Some Lagos Commercial Areas ? by eagleeye2: 10:01am On Aug 01, 2013
Anti-poor people government policies...goal building A Mega City.

1 Like

Re: Keke-Napep Banned In Some Lagos Commercial Areas ? by naptu2: 10:02am On Aug 01, 2013
It is not an outright ban, it is a restriction. It's in the Lagos State Traffic Law (2012). I know someone who operated a tricycle within Ikeja GRA, who had to relocate to the Mende area because tricycles have been banned within GRA.

They also have the option of joining the Lasmi cabs scheme.
Re: Keke-Napep Banned In Some Lagos Commercial Areas ? by ntendai: 10:06am On Aug 01, 2013
You want Lagos to become a MEGA-CITY...... what do you expect

1 Like

Re: Keke-Napep Banned In Some Lagos Commercial Areas ? by premlove(m): 10:06am On Aug 01, 2013
Who is dis man by the way he 's over stepping his boundary and lagosian wil be running there mouth that there are intelligent.
Re: Keke-Napep Banned In Some Lagos Commercial Areas ? by solomon111(m): 10:07am On Aug 01, 2013
This is why i laugh whenever some people hail fashola as the messiah.
The dude has proven to be a complete idiott.
The roads in the mainland of lagos is a mess, and instead of reversing the decay,he is busy fighting the poor and enriching Tinubu.
Tommorrow,ACN will start clamouring that "special status" be accorded to lagos.
Special status indeed.

3 Likes

Re: Keke-Napep Banned In Some Lagos Commercial Areas ? by slimfit1(m): 10:07am On Aug 01, 2013
Their is a lot of business that you can start not necessarily this transport business. People need to think properly. We are too lazy to think that is what is disturbing us.
Re: Keke-Napep Banned In Some Lagos Commercial Areas ? by calddon(m): 10:14am On Aug 01, 2013
LASG will soon ban vehicles in some areas, sighting over congestion and pollution as reasons.
Re: Keke-Napep Banned In Some Lagos Commercial Areas ? by solomon111(m): 10:15am On Aug 01, 2013
slim fit :
Their is a lot of business that you can start not necessarily this transport business. People need to think properly. We are too lazy to think that is what is disturbing us.
what?
Are you telling me transport business is not legitimate?
So Nigeria is better than countries like India,S.Korea,N.Korea,pakistan e.t.c. that hold tri-cycle business as a very good source of employment?
Mscheww.
Re: Keke-Napep Banned In Some Lagos Commercial Areas ? by jude33084(m): 10:32am On Aug 01, 2013
mikeyhernadez: Yawa haff Gas oo!!!cheesy

Seriously! in VI? Yawah don gas grin

You go fear treking this time na grin
Re: Keke-Napep Banned In Some Lagos Commercial Areas ? by abu12: 10:34am On Aug 01, 2013
solomon111: This is why i laugh whenever some people hail fashola as the messiah.
The dude has proven to be a complete idiott.
The roads in the mainland of lagos is a mess, and instead of reversing the decay,he is busy fighting the poor and enriching Tinubu.
Tommorrow,ACN will start clamouring that "special status" be accorded to lagos.
Special status indeed.

You guys don't need to complain since you have sure-p on ground, just employ them
Re: Keke-Napep Banned In Some Lagos Commercial Areas ? by bebechuks: 10:49am On Aug 01, 2013
Keneking: Good decision.
u dey ok? Ur name even looks like keneking keke!
Re: Keke-Napep Banned In Some Lagos Commercial Areas ? by Nobody: 10:56am On Aug 01, 2013
touch4mony: another set of ppl to b deported very soon.
waka pass angry
Re: Keke-Napep Banned In Some Lagos Commercial Areas ? by Kalamaya: 10:58am On Aug 01, 2013
Ngwakwe: APC has come to sweep away poverty and poor people out of Lagos State.

Congratulations to Lagosians for having a God "supplied" Governor
Bros, Fashola has become an item that can be supplied. Na waoo!
Re: Keke-Napep Banned In Some Lagos Commercial Areas ? by azpekuliar: 11:00am On Aug 01, 2013
musiwa36: With the level of poverty in nigeria. It is wise to make them unemployed.

If you claim that revenue to the state from LAGBUS.

When you throw over 600,000 Okada riders out of a Job within a week. Is that a wise decision. You have created 600,000 unemployed people. in a city of just 20 million . In a day. When you look at the ripple effect to the economy it is not a wise decision. It create back crash in the economy.

Is that a wise decision. That is a stupid decision. How much is lagbus making per day, that you will create 600,000 criminal in one day.

If you claim income generation as your reason from lagbus. It is a stupid reason. Because if you have 600,000 you are better given them weekly fee for them to pay the government than put them on the unemployment market. if he claim His commissioners advise him to make that decision, do you think they merit leadership.

What type of decision is that.

What is leadership. Is a leader someone who destroy the life of thousand for just for some few people interest. Is that leadership. that is not leadership.

I dont care what US or Uk do. A wise leader most look at its environment to make wise decision. That was not a good decision.

Leadership is not about making the life of Adenuga better or Adeboye or dangote for the life of millions.. That is bad leadership.

A govt is about making many people life better and not of few.

"You are a bad leader, if you pick few for plenty, A leader satisfies majority and not a few." --- Musiwa 7/31/2013

I have been a leader most of my life from the age of 13 and I have had to lead people and make decision for them.
I will say "I am a people people and not a someone people --- Musiwa 7/31/2013

Oh my! cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Keke-Napep Banned In Some Lagos Commercial Areas ? by solomon111(m): 11:17am On Aug 01, 2013
abu12:

You guys don't need to complain since you have sure-p on ground, just employ them
what is this nonsense?
What is fashola doing with the billions of naira he gets from the FG?
Re: Keke-Napep Banned In Some Lagos Commercial Areas ? by naptu2: 11:27am On Aug 01, 2013
[size=14pt]Fashola tells okada riders to take up farming.[/size]

Says there's no going back on new traffic law

Article | September 12, 2012 - 4:11am | By Gbenro Adeoye

Governor Babatunde Fashola of Lagos has told commercial motorcyclists in the state to turn to farming should the new Traffic Law prove too stiff for them.

At a meeting with the state leadership of commercial motorcycle operators, popularly called okada riders, on Tuesday, the governor said their members were free to leave the job.

Assuring okada riders of government support, Fashola advised that their members who could not cope with the law could "register with the Skill Acquisition Centres across the State or take to farming as a profession."

No going back

Reacting to public pressure to suspend the law, Fashola said it had come in force since the day it was signed.

"From the day I signed it, it became a law, so the idea of suspending the law is not something I can do even if I wanted to," he said, stressing that the law was not intended to put people in jail.

"Our intention is to explain to you why this law is in your interest and in the interest of other citizens."

Pointing out the scores of public petitions he receives about the activities of okada operators, the governor added, "Now you think I am restricting you; some people want you banned”.

In his address, Fashola explained the objectives of the law as including the promotion of safety, good health and improved quality of life for all.

He also urged the operators to first comply with the law before complaining, promising that operational adjustments could be made where genuine complaints arose.

Noting the challenges posed by not regulating the activities of the motorcyclists, Fashola said many women and children had been widowed and orphaned, and some had been maimed by their recklessness on the roads.

“You have a right to do business but that right is not absolute. It means you must respect other people’s rights so that they will respect your own," he added.

Rising from the meeting, Tijani Pekis, Chairman of the Motorcycle Operators Association of Lagos State, promised to initiate programmes to sensitise their members to ensure total compliance.

He added that the association's leadership would also assist in the enforcement of the law.

“One big statement that has been giving me problem since I sat here is, am I going to ask my child to come into this business? I think that question has personally knocked me out of the okada business," he said.

http://www.dailytimes.com.ng/article/fashola-tells-okada-riders-take-farming
Re: Keke-Napep Banned In Some Lagos Commercial Areas ? by Reptyle(m): 11:45am On Aug 01, 2013
holluwai: I seriously dont understand what this fashola guy is driving it. Banning this and banning that, looks like he has forgotten that he wont be ruling lagos forever. My wife uses the keke napep to work every morning from under bridge ikeja to GRA so with this ban and no alternative, she will have walk that distance every morning? grin There is life after govenorship and I hope realizes so.

You'll be pleasantly surprised at how much better she'll look after 1 month of regular walking cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Keke-Napep Banned In Some Lagos Commercial Areas ? by PeterKbaba: 11:47am On Aug 01, 2013
VERY SOON, IGBO'S WILL COME AND TELL US THAT THIS IS TARGETED AT THEM....... EVERYTHING IS ALWAYS ABOUT THEM!
Re: Keke-Napep Banned In Some Lagos Commercial Areas ? by naptu2: 11:58am On Aug 01, 2013
How can the Lagos State Governor and the Lagos State Transport Commissioner implement 19th century transport solutions in the 21st century? If they believe that rickshaws are the answer to Lagos' transport problems, then I challenge the governor and the commissioner to use rickshaws to work everyday.

They pollute the environment, they are unsafe and they belong in the 19th century - Ben Murray-Bruce.

https://www.nairaland.com/413205/murray-don-vex
Re: Keke-Napep Banned In Some Lagos Commercial Areas ? by agbameta: 12:15pm On Aug 01, 2013
omo-Yoruba:

Guess who most okada and keke NAPEP operators in Lagos are

It makes no difference.
Re: Keke-Napep Banned In Some Lagos Commercial Areas ? by CyrilObuah: 12:37pm On Aug 01, 2013
Naawaaooo
Re: Keke-Napep Banned In Some Lagos Commercial Areas ? by chi3280(m): 12:45pm On Aug 01, 2013
musiwa36: With the level of poverty in nigeria. It is wise to make them unemployed.

If you claim that revenue to the state from LAGBUS.

When you throw over 600,000 Okada riders out of a Job within a week. Is that a wise decision. You have created 600,000 unemployed people. in a city of just 20 million . In a day. When you look at the ripple effect to the economy it is not a wise decision. It create back crash in the economy.

Is that a wise decision. That is a stupid decision. How much is lagbus making per day, that you will create 600,000 criminal in one day.

If you claim income generation as your reason from lagbus. It is a stupid reason. Because if you have 600,000 you are better given them weekly fee for them to pay the government than put them on the unemployment market. if he claim His commissioners advise him to make that decision, do you think they merit leadership.

What type of decision is that.

What is leadership. Is a leader someone who destroy the life of thousand for just for some few people interest. Is that leadership. that is not leadership.

I dont care what US or Uk do. A wise leader most look at its environment to make wise decision. That was not a good decision.

Leadership is not about making the life of Adenuga better or Adeboye or dangote for the life of millions.. That is bad leadership.

A govt is about making many people life better and not of few.

"You are a bad leader, if you pick few for plenty, A leader satisfies majority and not a few." --- Musiwa 7/31/2013

I have been a leader most of my life from the age of 13 and I have had to lead people and make decision for them.
I will say "I am a people people and not a someone people --- Musiwa 7/31/2013
Musiwa, my respect for you have increased tremendously! you are one of a kind. you are just a clear case of "A PROPHET WHO IS NOT RECOGNIZED BY HIS PEOPLE ". You deserve to be the political poster of the year by 2013. Kudos brother!!
Re: Keke-Napep Banned In Some Lagos Commercial Areas ? by ebirimonyinye(f): 12:47pm On Aug 01, 2013
Yes ooo it is true. Imagine u hardly find keke goin 2 allen nd opebi plus the charges has increased frm 70bks 2 100bks. This issue is disturbin because workers find it difficult to get to deur destination on tym. This has to stop. Seriously.
Re: Keke-Napep Banned In Some Lagos Commercial Areas ? by ponlear(m): 12:54pm On Aug 01, 2013
I saw d news dis morning too
On silver bird
Re: Keke-Napep Banned In Some Lagos Commercial Areas ? by Nobody: 1:14pm On Aug 01, 2013
touch4mony: another set of ppl to b deported very soon.
grin grin grin grin Looool.
Re: Keke-Napep Banned In Some Lagos Commercial Areas ? by Ariyke: 1:25pm On Aug 01, 2013
ebamma: it has always been easy to dislike someone u never liked
excuse me try to av ur fact b4 saying somethings u don't know cus av always been a supporter of the Governor
Re: Keke-Napep Banned In Some Lagos Commercial Areas ? by Nobody: 1:36pm On Aug 01, 2013
undecided Eko o ni baje oooooo grin grin grin
Re: Keke-Napep Banned In Some Lagos Commercial Areas ? by naptu2: 1:44pm On Aug 01, 2013
The keke has only been banned from some roads, so they can still operate in the interior and I know that there are alternatives for the keke riders, but my only disappointment is that it's taking too long to put in place the transport alternatives.

I had hoped that the Lagoon Bridge would have been under construction by now and that the first phase of the Blue Line (Orile-Mile 2) would have been up and running.
Re: Keke-Napep Banned In Some Lagos Commercial Areas ? by naptu2: 1:45pm On Aug 01, 2013
Niceyenuf:
Huh? English hard ooo Choi! Smh

That's not english! It's Batu. Musiwa speaks and writes Batu.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Heavens Won’t Fall If Buhari Prosecutes Obasanjo Over $16bn Power Project –Sagay / NBA President Says Gov Udom Paid Him N1.4bn For Legal Services -EFCC / COVID-19: Oshiomhole Tested Negative - Lanre Issa-Onilu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.