Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,054 members, 7,807,168 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:38 AM

Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 - Submission Thread For Round 1 - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 - Submission Thread For Round 1 (12974 Views)

Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 - Round 2 - Hot Topics / Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 / Re: Nairaland’s "The Poet" Competition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 - Submission Thread For Round 1 by Shugamania(f): 4:29pm On Aug 17, 2013
Centje.. Where art thou?
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 - Submission Thread For Round 1 by HumbledbYGrace(f): 4:30pm On Aug 17, 2013
princesa:
ignorance stinks all over your comment. Have you been on this thread like right from the very start? Obviously no! If not you've would have realised that she was listed among the 'officials' to moderate the competition, not necessarily a judge. And so far she's been helping people with their problems, so dude shut the mess up! cool
Chill babe, have seen this before...you won't like how it ends.

Let it go ba? smiley smiley
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 - Submission Thread For Round 1 by Nobody: 4:32pm On Aug 17, 2013
princesa:
ignorance stinks all over your comment. Have you been on this thread like right from the very start? Obviously no! If not you've would have realised that she was listed among the 'officials' to moderate the competition, not necessarily a judge. And so far she's been helping people with their problems, so dude shut the mess up! cool

And who is this dyslexic illiterate? undecided

I'm not surprised you lack understanding of what I wrote. Unfortunately for you, I am only responsible for what I write...and not what you understand.
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 - Submission Thread For Round 1 by onegig(m): 4:32pm On Aug 17, 2013
jackbauersballs:

Please put your patronizing tone to one side before addressing the audience. If you feel you're not up the challenge of administration, then kindly bow out!

I dont even understand where you've come from. One minute Cuddles is arranging things, next thing some unknow person is talking down at competitors... undecided

That was unwarranted seriously.....

She never presented the case as such. You could even see where she stated "Could you please".

I guess you man up and say your apologies.

She's been helping with the work. Do you think cuddles alone can manage the volume of work this entails?
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 - Submission Thread For Round 1 by Nobody: 4:33pm On Aug 17, 2013
onegig:

That was unwarranted seriously.....

She never presented the case as such. You could even see where she stated "Could you please".

I guess you man up and say your apologies.

She's been helping with the work. Do you think cuddles alone can manage the volume of work this entails?

You sir...can fvck off undecided
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 - Submission Thread For Round 1 by Mynd44: 4:36pm On Aug 17, 2013
I was gladly eating popcorn before I remembered I am the mod here grin

okay tune it down people.........

1 Like

Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 - Submission Thread For Round 1 by onegig(m): 4:40pm On Aug 17, 2013
jackbauersballs:

You sir...can fvck off undecided

Oh sorry.....

I was mistaken....Never knew I was talking to a cantankerous and strong headed fellow.

What you just said can get you disqualified. Talking rudely to a judge.

Just chill. Take a bottle of cold water it helps with the teenage hormones. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 - Submission Thread For Round 1 by HumbledbYGrace(f): 4:41pm On Aug 17, 2013
Mynd_44: I was gladly eating popcorn before I remembered I am the mod here grin

okay tune it down people.........
tongue
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 - Submission Thread For Round 1 by princesa(f): 4:42pm On Aug 17, 2013
jackbauersballs:

And who is this dyslexic illiterate? undecided

I'm not surprised you lack understanding of what I wrote. Unfortunately for you, I am only responsible for what I write...and not what you don't understand.

you called her a nobody from nowhere and i thought I'd set u straight on it. but ur arrogance, ego and leaky mouth beclouds ur sense of reasoning.

so abeg take one bottle of chill pill and get a life! Nonsense.
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 - Submission Thread For Round 1 by Nobody: 4:42pm On Aug 17, 2013
onegig:

[s]Oh sorry.....

I was mistaken....Never knew I was talking to a cantankerous and strong headed fellow.

Just chill. Take a bottle of cold water it helps with the teenage hormones. cheesy
[/s]

Flat attempt at wit falls flat on its face.

Now refrain from addressing me in the future, 'old man' undecided
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 - Submission Thread For Round 1 by Nobody: 4:44pm On Aug 17, 2013
princesa:

[s]you called her a nobody from nowhere and i thought I'd set u straight on it. but ur arrogance, ego and leaky mouth beclouds ur sense of reasoning.

so abeg take one bottle of chill pill and get a life! Nonsense. [/s]

Quite a few jockeys on here.

Get my nuts out your mouth and focus on the competition. undecided
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 - Submission Thread For Round 1 by princesa(f): 4:45pm On Aug 17, 2013
onegig:

Oh sorry.....

A breath of fresh air finally! cheesy
dude am gonna hook you up tru email, you are now my designer!

Thank you HBG/cuddles

1 Like

Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 - Submission Thread For Round 1 by HumbledbYGrace(f): 4:50pm On Aug 17, 2013
princesa:

Thank you HBG/cuddles
cheesy cheesy your welcome.
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 - Submission Thread For Round 1 by onegig(m): 4:56pm On Aug 17, 2013
princesa:

Thank you HBG/cuddles

Okay nah send am asap. Make i start work
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 - Submission Thread For Round 1 by HumbledbYGrace(f): 4:58pm On Aug 17, 2013
onegig:

Okay nah send am asap. Make i start work
Done with the first two?
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 - Submission Thread For Round 1 by princesa(f): 4:59pm On Aug 17, 2013
jackbauersballs:

Quite a few jockeys on here.

Get my nuts out your mouth and focus on the competition. undecided

Am way focused than your fickle brain can conjure.

And yeah am a jockey, way into the drugs that make me try tolerate irritants and rude humans, obviously i still need a dose! undecided

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 - Submission Thread For Round 1 by onegig(m): 5:03pm On Aug 17, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: Done with the first two?

Nope.....They have not even contacted me..Sent pms to the two but no response.

princesa:

And yeah am a jockey, way into the drugs that make me try tolerate irritants and rude humans, obviously i still need a dose! undecided

Abeg forget am. I guess he is an Arsenal fan and just venting his anger here after they lost so stupidly in their first match
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 - Submission Thread For Round 1 by HumbledbYGrace(f): 5:07pm On Aug 17, 2013
onegig:

Nope.....They have not even contacted me..Sent pms to the two but no response.

This isn't good news, but let's hope they will contact you and thanks for your availability sire.
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 - Submission Thread For Round 1 by Nobody: 5:10pm On Aug 17, 2013
princesa:

You are quite clearly bellicose creature, spat out the womb prematurely because even your mother couldn't stand your ugly face.

I'm glad you're aware of your jockey status. Go jock someone else and get my nuts out your mouth undecided
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 - Submission Thread For Round 1 by timpaker(m): 5:41pm On Aug 17, 2013

Hey Jack,
Please tune it down a bit.
I understand how you felt when you read that post made by HBG, It was insulting (I also felt the same), since two wrongs don't make a right, an apology from her would be welcomed.

So these name calling is unwarranted. Please

Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 - Submission Thread For Round 1 by lemmings(m): 5:45pm On Aug 17, 2013
*quietly sips alomo and chews popcorn*

erm...is there a hot topic concerned with what's happening above?? Lemme go check, i see a narrative poem in d making!
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 - Submission Thread For Round 1 by HumbledbYGrace(f): 5:48pm On Aug 17, 2013
timpaker:
Hbg.

You insulted me.
@ Jack; I understand how you felt when you read that post made by HBG, I was insulted (I also felt the same) an apology from her would be welcomed.

[size=20pt]I don't know what's wrong with people, I didn't call names, if you know you were wrong you just need to say so.

For what is worth, my apologies sha, next time I will try and do as you want right?

[/size]
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 - Submission Thread For Round 1 by Nobody: 5:50pm On Aug 17, 2013
HumbledbYGrace:
[size=20pt]I don't know what's wrong with people, I didn't call names, if you know you were wrong you just need to say so.

For what is worth, my apologies sha, next time I will try and do as you want right?

[/size]

And this is the retort of an organizer? One who ironically calls herself 'Humbled ByGrace'

And people wonder why I called her out first time? undecided
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 - Submission Thread For Round 1 by timpaker(m): 5:52pm On Aug 17, 2013

You edited my post huh?
Just do the necessary and end this rift.
Thanks.
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 - Submission Thread For Round 1 by princesa(f): 5:55pm On Aug 17, 2013
jackbauersballs:

You are quite clearly bellicose creature, spat out the womb prematurely because even your mother couldn't stand your ugly face.

I'm glad you're aware of your jockey status. Go jock someone else and get my nuts out your mouth undecided
Monkey no fine, but him mama like am cheesy
and you still dey speaking grammar yanfu yanfu wey fall from Jupiter cool
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 - Submission Thread For Round 1 by HumbledbYGrace(f): 5:56pm On Aug 17, 2013
timpaker:

You edited my post huh?
Just do the necessary and end this rift.
Thanks.
[size=20pt]there is no rift....thank you.

Next time you want to address me, just quote me, there is no harm in that.
[/size]

Any luck with your designer?
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 - Submission Thread For Round 1 by Nobody: 5:57pm On Aug 17, 2013
princesa:
[s]Monkey no fine, but him mama like am cheesy
and you still dey speaking grammar yanfu yanfu wey fall from Jupiter[/s] cool

Quit Jocking me for God's sake. Go take your drugs or something undecided
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 - Submission Thread For Round 1 by timpaker(m): 5:58pm On Aug 17, 2013

Its okay if you say so.
Still can't find my designer.
Thanks.
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 - Submission Thread For Round 1 by HumbledbYGrace(f): 5:59pm On Aug 17, 2013
timpaker:

Its okay if you say so.
Still can't find my designer.
Thanks.
How far with your poem?
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 - Submission Thread For Round 1 by timpaker(m): 6:01pm On Aug 17, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: How far with your poem?

Just finished it.
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 - Submission Thread For Round 1 by princesa(f): 6:02pm On Aug 17, 2013
timpaker:

Hey Jack,
Please tune it down a bit.
I understand how you felt when you read that post made by HBG, It was
insulting (I also felt the same), since two wrongs don't make a right,
an apology from her would be welcomed.

I still see no insult in what she said! Folks have got to start using their eyes to read rules and their brains to comprehend it! Are we gonna condone the Frequently Asked Questions of last round angry

I don't think so!
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 - Submission Thread For Round 1 by Mynd44: 6:13pm On Aug 17, 2013
Emeka...I have found the ban button...

Oya make una continue

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Intellectual Property Removed At Owner's Request / Etisalat Prize For Literature 2015 Application – How To Apply / Where Can I Get Issn & Isbn?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.