Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,834 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:04 AM

Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 - Submission Thread For Round 1 - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 - Submission Thread For Round 1 (12973 Views)

Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 - Round 2 - Hot Topics / Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 / Re: Nairaland’s "The Poet" Competition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 - Submission Thread For Round 1 by HumbledbYGrace(f): 10:50am On Aug 16, 2013
Irshittabey:
my name is missing on your list i am No.56 and i wasn't also paired with any designer on your teams list, but i was on cuddle's lists
fixed, try to send a Pm to the designer you are paired with and please do check the list again.

My apologies sir

1 Like

Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 - Submission Thread For Round 1 by timpaker(m): 1:16pm On Aug 16, 2013
Where is DYOUNGSTAR?
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 - Submission Thread For Round 1 by Cuddlemii: 5:38pm On Aug 16, 2013
Hi Uniqueval,

I see you viewing. Your designer needs your email address. Please type it here.
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 - Submission Thread For Round 1 by onegig(m): 5:56pm On Aug 16, 2013
when is the deadline for the 2nd round?
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 - Submission Thread For Round 1 by Cuddlemii: 5:58pm On Aug 16, 2013
[quote author=onegig]when is the deadline for the 2nd round?[/quote

Sunday, the 18th.

Have you been in contact with your team members?
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 - Submission Thread For Round 1 by princesa(f): 6:19pm On Aug 16, 2013
cuddles I can't track my designer! My poem is ready but the designer is drawing me back, can you reassign me please?sad
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 - Submission Thread For Round 1 by dhammer(m): 6:28pm On Aug 16, 2013
KPOLLI, wheeerrreeee aaaarrreeee yyyooooouuuu?
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 - Submission Thread For Round 1 by Cuddlemii: 6:34pm On Aug 16, 2013
princesa: cuddles I can't track my designer! My poem is ready but the designer is drawing me back, can you reassign me please?sad

Before I reply you, please can you update your post? You didn't include the title of your poem.
Thanks
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 - Submission Thread For Round 1 by Irshittabey: 6:36pm On Aug 16, 2013
[quote author=Cuddlemii][/quote]
Do i have to be in contact with all my team members or just with my designer?
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 - Submission Thread For Round 1 by Cuddlemii: 6:37pm On Aug 16, 2013
Irshittabey:
Do i have to be in contact with all my team members or just with my designer?

Just your designer.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 - Submission Thread For Round 1 by scorpidmo(m): 6:43pm On Aug 16, 2013
Can we please get an extension, cos I'm having serious writers block.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 - Submission Thread For Round 1 by Cuddlemii: 7:07pm On Aug 16, 2013
scorpidmo: Can we please get an extension, cos I'm having serious writers block.

The topics have been out since last month, and everyone was advised to write in advance. This was done so that poets would have their work ready, and if they qualify to the next round, they would start working with their designers immediately. All that would be left would be editing, or adjustments.

Now, we have two more intense rounds after this, if we shift the deadline, we are encouraging y'all not to read/follow instructions, because if you had been following, you'd know the requirements. Secondly, it would no longer be a competition because of all the previous adjustments, and now we want to move the deadline backwards. I don't know about you but it eliminates the challenge, and drags everything.

However, I may shift the deadline to the 19th.
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 - Submission Thread For Round 1 by onegig(m): 7:27pm On Aug 16, 2013
You might consider giving extensions. None of my team members have responded. I would have commenced work on their poems but seriously i don't even have an idea what their poems are. Also designing aint that easy. You need some time off sometimes to portray the poems artistically
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 - Submission Thread For Round 1 by Cuddlemii: 9:37pm On Aug 16, 2013
onegig: You might consider giving extensions. None of my team members have responded. I would have commenced work on their poems but seriously i don't even have an idea what their poems are. Also designing aint that easy. You need some time off sometimes to portray the poems artistically

Okay, alright, yeah!
I won't extend it yet, but I'd leave it open for now, and let things fall into place naturally.
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 - Submission Thread For Round 1 by princesa(f): 9:41pm On Aug 16, 2013
Cuddlemii:

Before I reply you, please can you update your post? You didn't include the title of your poem.
Thanks
Done. Now can i get a response now?
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 - Submission Thread For Round 1 by Cuddlemii: 9:50pm On Aug 16, 2013
princesa:
Done. Now can i get a response now?

If you do not hear from him by noon tomorrow, I'd re-assign you.

I might have to give extension for the designs.
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 - Submission Thread For Round 1 by timpaker(m): 10:02pm On Aug 16, 2013
Hey Cuddles.. your attention is kindly needed at the reserved thread. Someone just 'chanced' me off my second spot. I wouldn't wanna post underneath him in order not to spoil the numbering
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 - Submission Thread For Round 1 by Pdizzle(m): 1:40am On Aug 17, 2013
i need a round 2 topic..d reserved thread is nt workn
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 - Submission Thread For Round 1 by kennikazi(m): 7:34am On Aug 17, 2013
shocked shocked shocked shocked
I made round two!!! *in a mix of excitement and confusion*
Where is my designer?Where is the thread for round two?Whats the submission deadline?Which poem should I write?Did I really make round 2?
PLEASE REPLY. THANK YOU cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 - Submission Thread For Round 1 by princesa(f): 8:28am On Aug 17, 2013
kennikazi:
shocked shocked shocked shocked
I made round two!!! *in a mix of excitement and confusion*
Where is my designer?Where is the thread for round two?Whats the submission deadline?Which poem should I write?Did I really make round 2?PLEASE REPLY. THANK YOU cheesy cheesy cheesy
learner grin
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 - Submission Thread For Round 1 by kennikazi(m): 11:13am On Aug 17, 2013
princesa:
learner grin
Abeg teach me naa....deadline is tomao sef mtchw (-_-)...ayav tire for this competition
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 - Submission Thread For Round 1 by princesa(f): 12:44pm On Aug 17, 2013
kennikazi:
Abeg teach me naa....deadline is tomao sef mtchw (-_-)...ayav tire for this competition
grin grin
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 - Submission Thread For Round 1 by HumbledbYGrace(f): 4:03pm On Aug 17, 2013
Ladies and gentleman, could we please read the rules and the regulations of this competition before rushing things? Some of the things just needs common sense.

We had the thread locked because some couldn't just do the right thing! Mynd had to re-number your posts which is not fair on him as the rules are written down, please let's try and be professionals....thank you, the thread has been unlocked now.
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 - Submission Thread For Round 1 by Nobody: 4:11pm On Aug 17, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: Ladies and gentleman, could we please read the rules and the regulations of this competition before rushing things? Some of the things just needs common sense.

We had the thread locked because some couldn't just do the right thing!
Mynd had to re-number your posts which is not fair on him as the rules are written down, please let's try and be professionals....thank you, the thread has been unlocked now.

Please put your patronizing tone to one side before addressing the audience. If you feel you're not up the challenge of administration, then kindly bow out!

I dont even understand where you've come from. One minute Cuddles is arranging things, next thing some unknow person is talking down at competitors... undecided

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 - Submission Thread For Round 1 by HumbledbYGrace(f): 4:17pm On Aug 17, 2013
jackbauersballs:

Please put your patronising tone to one side before addressing the audience. If you feel you're not up the challenge of administration, then kindly bow out!

I dont even understand where you've come from. One minute Cuddles is arranging things, next thing some unknow person is talking down at competitors... undecided
Who is patronising who? Or is it because you didn't see the reason the thread was locked?

If asking people to work together is patronising then there is a problem.
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 - Submission Thread For Round 1 by Shugamania(f): 4:21pm On Aug 17, 2013
Whoa.. Ease up guys.
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 - Submission Thread For Round 1 by Nobody: 4:25pm On Aug 17, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: Who is patronising who? Or is it because you didn't see the reason the thread was locked?

If asking people to work together is patronising then there is a problem.

If these statements below constitutes 'asking people to work together' in your book, then there is a problem
HumbledbYGrace: Some of the things just needs common sense.

We had the thread locked because some couldn't just do the right thing!
[
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 - Submission Thread For Round 1 by HumbledbYGrace(f): 4:26pm On Aug 17, 2013
....And Princesa, I talked to Onegig, so your good to go.

Cheers.
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 - Submission Thread For Round 1 by princesa(f): 4:27pm On Aug 17, 2013
jackbauersballs:

Please put your patronizing tone to one side before addressing the
audience. If you feel you're not up the challenge of administration,
then kindly bow out!

I dont even understand where you've come from. One minute Cuddles is
arranging things, next thing some unknow person is talking down at
competitors... undecided
ignorance stinks all over your comment Sir! Have you been on this thread like right from the very start? Obviously not! because you would have realised that she was listed among the 'officials' to moderate the competition, not necessarily a judge. And so far she's been helping
people with their problems, so dude, shut the mess up! cool
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 - Submission Thread For Round 1 by HumbledbYGrace(f): 4:27pm On Aug 17, 2013
jackbauersballs:

If these statements below constitutes 'asking people to work together' in your book, then there is a problem
Ok then.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Intellectual Property Removed At Owner's Request / Etisalat Prize For Literature 2015 Application – How To Apply / Finding Me (a true life story)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.