Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,286 members, 7,807,963 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:17 AM

CAN Exonerates Etsu Nupe Over Conversion Of Charity To Aisha - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / CAN Exonerates Etsu Nupe Over Conversion Of Charity To Aisha (17489 Views)

Charity Aisha Uzoechina Of Etsu Nupe's Palace: Was She Dickmatized Or Islamized? / Pope Benedict Announces Shocking Conversion To Islam / Conversion Of Pastor Jonnathan Into Islam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

CAN Exonerates Etsu Nupe Over Conversion Of Charity To Aisha by Hopcy(m): 7:10am On Aug 01, 2013
The General Secretary of the Christian Association of Nigeria CAN, Rev. Dr. Musa Asake has stated that the Etsu Nupe, Alhaji Yahaya Abubakar’s role in the conversion of the daughter of pastor Raymond Uzoechina to Islam was misrepresented.

Asake’s position is coming after a closed door meeting convened by the Niger State Government with the Etsu Nupe, the lady Aisha’s (Charity), father, Pastor Raymond Uzochina and the General Secretary in attendance.

According to Asake, the meeting which lasted for about two hours brought to open the noble role of the Estu Nupe as against the previous versions.

He said “We have actually resolved the issue; there is a good understanding now especially as it concerns the person of respectable Etsu Nupe who has been misrepresented in the media”.

“It has been corrected hearing his testimony and the way we resolved the matter. I am so happy and CAN is in total support of the decisions which you will see in days to come” the CAN Secretary General said.

The CAN Secretary General asked why the father of the girl Pastor Uzoechina had severally accused the Royal Father; he said “it was so because the Royal Father has been the person in custody of the lady, so the parents have nobody to talk to but him, how did he get the custody of the lady we did not know but now we know, that is why”.

Also the Deputy Governor of Niger State, Hon. Ahmed Musa Ibeto who presided over the meeting told journalists after the meeting that it was resolved by all stakeholders that the order of a Sharia Court in Bida that gave the palace the custody of the lady who was afraid that the father might harm her would be vacated.

According to the Deputy Governor it is not the question of the conversion of the lady in question but reuniting her with her family in a way that she would be confident that the father would not harm her, which made her to go to court initially.

Ibeto reiterated that in Niger State religion is not a problem because there is harmonious religion relationship and peaceful coexistent of the adherents of the two major religions in the state.

“Unless the order is vacated nobody can take any decision, it is only if the order is vacated that she can decide on her own”, the Deputy Governor stated.

Meanwhile the counsel to Pastor Uzoechina who attended the meeting Barrister Femi Ikotun stated that the position is that the order should be vacated from Sharia Court in Bida, saying that “we have already applied for it to be vacated”.

http://leadership.ng/news/010813/can-exonerates-etsu-nupe-over-conversion-charity-aisha#sthash.MSAfayJG.dpuf
Re: CAN Exonerates Etsu Nupe Over Conversion Of Charity To Aisha by thetrustworthy: 9:39am On Aug 01, 2013
Re: CAN Exonerates Etsu Nupe Over Conversion Of Charity To Aisha by thetrustworthy: 9:39am On Aug 01, 2013
Re: CAN Exonerates Etsu Nupe Over Conversion Of Charity To Aisha by vedaxcool(m): 10:12am On Aug 01, 2013
Lol grin grin you guys are not a court of law, and did gold chains wearing can president sign the this statement.

2 Likes

Re: CAN Exonerates Etsu Nupe Over Conversion Of Charity To Aisha by true2god: 10:48am On Aug 01, 2013
I thank God that appropriate authorities have intervene at the appropriate time and have saved a lot of problem. The truth is that if her father had not fight very seriosly on dis issue, there is no way this matter would have been solve.

The girl should be allowed to choose any religion she likes but must not stay in etse nupe's house. This is a big lesson to all fathers of Igbo extraction, keep ur growing and grown-up daughters off all this long-bearded mullahs, alfas and alhajis, they just passed a bill permitting child marriage. Ur daughter might be the next victim and u may not have the muscle to fight like dis pastor.

If your daughter is of age take her down south, west, east to complete her adulthood. This core Northerner cant take their eyes off beautiful Igbo ladies. They can do anything to get them.

3 Likes

Re: CAN Exonerates Etsu Nupe Over Conversion Of Charity To Aisha by emmaliveth10(m): 2:40pm On Aug 01, 2013
Hmmmm :-P
Re: CAN Exonerates Etsu Nupe Over Conversion Of Charity To Aisha by MrAboki: 2:43pm On Aug 01, 2013
All this bruhaha over one Christian converting to Islam?!! shocked shocked

Yet Pastors send Evangelists and Jehovahs Witnesses to go preach to Muslims in the name of converting them..

Christians are sore losers..

48 Likes

Re: CAN Exonerates Etsu Nupe Over Conversion Of Charity To Aisha by Excelboi(m): 2:44pm On Aug 01, 2013
Wetin be dis pastor's own? Its the lady wish so free the etsu nupe.

3 Likes

Re: CAN Exonerates Etsu Nupe Over Conversion Of Charity To Aisha by Pukkah: 3:13pm On Aug 01, 2013
Hopcy:

According to the Deputy Governor it is not the question of the conversion of the lady in question but reuniting her with her family in a way that she would be confident that the father would not harm her, which made her to go to court initially.

http://leadership.ng/news/010813/can-exonerates-etsu-nupe-over-conversion-charity-aisha#sthash.MSAfayJG.dpuf

Looks like reuniting people with their families is what is reigning now.

On a serious note, the story of this girl simply reflects the deep divisions and distrust across religions and tribes in Nigeria.

The extreme statements made by many commentators were just uncalled for. I hope those commentators would have something to say to this new development.

1 Like

Re: CAN Exonerates Etsu Nupe Over Conversion Of Charity To Aisha by Afam4eva(m): 3:14pm On Aug 01, 2013
Abeg they should free the girl and allow her practice any religion she so wishes to practice. But i think the lady should find a way to reunite with her family, so that they don't lose on all fronts.

8 Likes

Re: CAN Exonerates Etsu Nupe Over Conversion Of Charity To Aisha by deols(f): 3:16pm On Aug 01, 2013
Eiyyyyah

Etsu Nupe vindicated. Alhamdulillah.

All the people bad mouthing the old man better go ask whatever they worship for forgiveness.

But ermmm, I am more concerned about sister Aisha. The light Allah has shown you will forever shine in your heart. Congrats sis.

60 Likes

Re: CAN Exonerates Etsu Nupe Over Conversion Of Charity To Aisha by Afam4eva(m): 3:18pm On Aug 01, 2013
deols: Eiyyyyah

Etsu Nupe vindicated. Alhamdulillah.

All the people bad mouthing the old man better go ask whatever they worship for forgiveness.

But ermmm, I am more concerned about sister Aisha. The light Allah has shown you will forever shine in your heart. Congrats sis.
In the spirit of conversion, i want to convert you to Christianity. Will you oblige? grin

4 Likes

Re: CAN Exonerates Etsu Nupe Over Conversion Of Charity To Aisha by rindee(m): 3:18pm On Aug 01, 2013
The more i look, the less i get. Still waiting for the end.
Re: CAN Exonerates Etsu Nupe Over Conversion Of Charity To Aisha by Lateef9961(m): 3:20pm On Aug 01, 2013
Release ha,let her go bak 2 her parent
Re: CAN Exonerates Etsu Nupe Over Conversion Of Charity To Aisha by deols(f): 3:20pm On Aug 01, 2013
Afam4eva:
In the spirit of conversion, i want to convert you to Christianity. Will you oblige? grin

Lol grin grin

I dont know much about Christianity, actually. The little I know is not favourable.

On the other hand, I have practised Islam all my life and I Looove it.

In the spirit of conversion, how about converting you to Islam? smiley

43 Likes

Re: CAN Exonerates Etsu Nupe Over Conversion Of Charity To Aisha by Nobody: 3:24pm On Aug 01, 2013
Good Verdict
Re: CAN Exonerates Etsu Nupe Over Conversion Of Charity To Aisha by Afam4eva(m): 3:27pm On Aug 01, 2013
deols:

Lol grin grin

I dont know much about Christianity, actually. The little I know is not favourable.

On the other hand, I have practised Islam all my life and I Looove it.
Anyways, i'm creating my own religion. You can join it when i'm done with the business plan.

2 Likes

Re: CAN Exonerates Etsu Nupe Over Conversion Of Charity To Aisha by Abuklaw(m): 3:29pm On Aug 01, 2013
i don't know why her father is even questioning the girl conversion. Thousands of Alhaji and even imam's daughter have been converted and know media update that or did someone want to tell me that no such thing happen? When will xtian in Nigeria realise that we both own this country and the media will be fair to all concern (natural law).i remember a thread earlier where a guy pointed out that APC constitute only Muslim as excos while such should not be taken for issues of dissension.let us all leave in peace and allow the constitution to take over (freedom of religion and assembly) and right to protest against discrimination
Salam alaykum ya muslim and muslimah
Gud afternoon fellow brothers and sisters in christendom

5 Likes

Re: CAN Exonerates Etsu Nupe Over Conversion Of Charity To Aisha by bammo: 3:30pm On Aug 01, 2013
maskid:

the madman on the loose again... MODS!!!! MODS!!!!!
and u still help am quote everething. undecided

2 Likes

Re: CAN Exonerates Etsu Nupe Over Conversion Of Charity To Aisha by Burger01(m): 3:33pm On Aug 01, 2013
^^^ grin

We have mad men on NL these days!

angry

1 Like

Re: CAN Exonerates Etsu Nupe Over Conversion Of Charity To Aisha by alaoeri: 3:33pm On Aug 01, 2013
All the ppl wey bad mouth Etsu Nupe should tender apology now that he's exonerated including me, i don withdraw my initial statement regarding this issue.
Re: CAN Exonerates Etsu Nupe Over Conversion Of Charity To Aisha by deols(f): 3:39pm On Aug 01, 2013
Afam4eva:
Anyways, i'm creating my own religion. You can join it when i'm done with the business plan.
Business plan? Abeg!

Make u join Islam nahh. Superb!smiley

3 Likes

Re: CAN Exonerates Etsu Nupe Over Conversion Of Charity To Aisha by cyco05: 3:44pm On Aug 01, 2013
Mr Aboki: All this bruhaha over one Christian converting to Islam?!! shocked shocked

Yet Pastors send Evangelists and Jehovahs Witnesses to go preach to Muslims in the name of converting them..

voilence!!! That's all u know, must u abduct another persons daughter, marry her, charm her, threaten her already miserable life before u convert her? Nothing good comes from u guys

2 Likes

Re: CAN Exonerates Etsu Nupe Over Conversion Of Charity To Aisha by hawlahethan(m): 3:46pm On Aug 01, 2013
Mr Aboki: All this bruhaha over one Christian converting to Islam?!! shocked shocked

Must u comment wen u dnt knw d root of d matter??
Get d full STORY b4 sayin wt u're sayin

1 Like

Re: CAN Exonerates Etsu Nupe Over Conversion Of Charity To Aisha by Nobody: 3:49pm On Aug 01, 2013
Were it to be otherwise, they will take to streets and start killing innocent people all in the name of fighting for allah.

Shout out to all Christians: ways through which they convert people includes; apart from hypnotism, they cast spells on unsuspecting preys through a black portion of ink washed from a slate on which some arabic stuffs were written.

It happened to another girl sometimes early this year.

Once they unsuspectingly drink or eat of anything mixed with that black substance, there isn't nothing no one can do to change the views of the victim no more, except for God's intervention.

Girls schooling in the north, beware! be warned!! don't fall a victim!!!

9 Likes

Re: CAN Exonerates Etsu Nupe Over Conversion Of Charity To Aisha by abeladams(m): 3:52pm On Aug 01, 2013

i rili pity u Bro!

2 Likes

Re: CAN Exonerates Etsu Nupe Over Conversion Of Charity To Aisha by abeladams(m): 3:53pm On Aug 01, 2013

i rili pity u Bro 'cos u're ignorantly sayin dis!

2 Likes

Re: CAN Exonerates Etsu Nupe Over Conversion Of Charity To Aisha by PECO4KING(m): 3:53pm On Aug 01, 2013
Allahduillia .Thank God today is peaceful and no insult from Christian. This is what we have prayed for (one love Nigeria).

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Do I Need To Pay Tithe Form My Gamble Wins? / "POVERTY" Is A Choice, True Or False? / Is It Like Frank Edwards Is Loosing It?i Think We Have To Pray For Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.