Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,936 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:17 AM

ASUU Threatens To Cancel Post-UME Exams In Universities - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Threatens To Cancel Post-UME Exams In Universities (27642 Views)

Dead Students Write Exams in Oko Poly / Five (5) Nigeria University To Cancel Post Utme 2015 / Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

ASUU Threatens To Cancel Post-UME Exams In Universities by CallmeJKLUE(m): 10:18am On Aug 01, 2013
Thousands of students who wrote the university-organised matriculation examinations, commonly called Post-UME, during university lecturers strike may have engaged in a futile exercise and may be forced to re-write the examination as lecturers complain they had no input in the exercise.

Speaking at a press conference called by the Ibadan Zone of the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) at the Lagos State University, Ojo, the Zonal Coordinator, Adesola Nassir, said the leadership of the universities that have conducted the examination hurriedly did so because of the financial gains accruable from the candidates.

“It is an abnormality,” he said. “How can you hold such an important examination without the input of academic staff,” he asked.

“Vice-chancellors are employing non-academic staff and consultant to do Post-UME. They are doing it because of money. The exam already constitutes a crisis-point in the universities.”

Mr. Nassir said the “results from the examination may be jettisoned.”

After writing the government sanctioned Universal Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME), most individual universities in Nigeria require students to pass internally organised matriculation examinations called Post-UME.

In most cases, an average a student’s score from both examinations is considered before the student is granted admission. This arrangement started in 2005 over complaints about the falling standard of UTME by universities.

The Ibadan Zone of ASUU comprises University of Lagos (UNILAG), University of Ibadan (UI), Olabisi Onabanjo University (OOU), Lagos State University (LASU), University of Agriculture, Abeokuta (UNAAB), and Tai Solarin University of Education (TASUED).

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/141990-ASUU-threatens-to-cancel-post-ume-exams-in-universities.html
SOURCE:http://jklue..com/2013/08/ASUU-threatens-to-cancel-already.html

1 Like

Re: ASUU Threatens To Cancel Post-UME Exams In Universities by Enegod(m): 4:57pm On Aug 01, 2013
empty threat

1 Like

Re: ASUU Threatens To Cancel Post-UME Exams In Universities by Nobody: 4:57pm On Aug 01, 2013
Wonderful country. grin
Re: ASUU Threatens To Cancel Post-UME Exams In Universities by eagleeye2: 4:57pm On Aug 01, 2013
Na which kain devil thingz be this naw.....

1 Like

Re: ASUU Threatens To Cancel Post-UME Exams In Universities by Josh121(m): 4:57pm On Aug 01, 2013
na wa ooo , God help us
Re: ASUU Threatens To Cancel Post-UME Exams In Universities by Trut(m): 4:58pm On Aug 01, 2013
Fraud: Vuvaa.com Is Still Collecting Donation On Behalf Of OJB Jezreel. Read here: https://www.nairaland.com/1380799/fraud-vuvaa.com-still-collecting-donation
Re: ASUU Threatens To Cancel Post-UME Exams In Universities by shangpearlz(f): 4:59pm On Aug 01, 2013
ASUU should b scrabbed! Mtcheeew
Re: ASUU Threatens To Cancel Post-UME Exams In Universities by Shaw007(m): 5:00pm On Aug 01, 2013
This is what I call
*Bragging without substance*
Re: ASUU Threatens To Cancel Post-UME Exams In Universities by Akin89(m): 5:00pm On Aug 01, 2013
ok...
Re: ASUU Threatens To Cancel Post-UME Exams In Universities by Fazhy: 5:00pm On Aug 01, 2013
[/quote][quote author=solidbroda]Wonderful country. grin

Really wonderful.

Re: ASUU Threatens To Cancel Post-UME Exams In Universities by nerodenero: 5:01pm On Aug 01, 2013
Too much confusion in the educational sector.
Re: ASUU Threatens To Cancel Post-UME Exams In Universities by Phygo(m): 5:01pm On Aug 01, 2013
Datz a good news 4 me, PTUME runs has bn my part of living.

3 Likes

Re: ASUU Threatens To Cancel Post-UME Exams In Universities by Iaz93: 5:01pm On Aug 01, 2013
IDGAF! This useless strike should be called off .....
Re: ASUU Threatens To Cancel Post-UME Exams In Universities by Nobody: 5:05pm On Aug 01, 2013
ASUU should not bite more than they can chew o.
Greedy bastards, so what if lecturers inputs were absent.
As long as d exam was fair or how many students have they seen complaining.
Drunk hypocrites, always demanding from FG, never satisfied.
Students are stuck @ home because of their greed

3 Likes

Re: ASUU Threatens To Cancel Post-UME Exams In Universities by Austeenxx: 5:06pm On Aug 01, 2013
Wow! undecided
Re: ASUU Threatens To Cancel Post-UME Exams In Universities by sylve11: 5:07pm On Aug 01, 2013
With the stress of Nigerian universities, won't it worth the while if one send his/her children to abroad for schooling? If u wan talk abt nigeria problems nain be sey u go die too early. Which kind country be this self? sad sad sad sad cool

1 Like

Re: ASUU Threatens To Cancel Post-UME Exams In Universities by canalily(m): 5:07pm On Aug 01, 2013
undecided heheheeeeh! ! ! Na waa o o o! ASUU! Trouble de sleep inyanga wan go wake am! ! When we retaliate, they call it terrorism! ! !

1 Like

Re: ASUU Threatens To Cancel Post-UME Exams In Universities by houstonia(m): 5:07pm On Aug 01, 2013
How does this affect the mass failure in the UTME? Or stop people that fail UTME from over congesting the ghanians universities and North American University cotonou?

1 Like

Re: ASUU Threatens To Cancel Post-UME Exams In Universities by Nobody: 5:07pm On Aug 01, 2013
;DHahahahahah...in love with dis country#toto decay is now ASUU new appionted president news reaching my kitchen..(Dis my housemaid sef)please any news abt the strike.
Re: ASUU Threatens To Cancel Post-UME Exams In Universities by Fizboy(m): 5:08pm On Aug 01, 2013
my signature says it all...smh
Re: ASUU Threatens To Cancel Post-UME Exams In Universities by Bryancrox(m): 5:08pm On Aug 01, 2013
God should help 9ja students o

5 Likes

Re: ASUU Threatens To Cancel Post-UME Exams In Universities by lanrexlan(m): 5:08pm On Aug 01, 2013
This is a joke,seriously.
Re: ASUU Threatens To Cancel Post-UME Exams In Universities by omolight: 5:08pm On Aug 01, 2013
what does dat got to do wit d strike?
Re: ASUU Threatens To Cancel Post-UME Exams In Universities by Nobody: 5:10pm On Aug 01, 2013
have done mine so...no problem grin
Re: ASUU Threatens To Cancel Post-UME Exams In Universities by dplomaticVal: 5:10pm On Aug 01, 2013
They shld do so wit haste jor ; ißo ßoys aint smiling. tongue
Re: ASUU Threatens To Cancel Post-UME Exams In Universities by DEGREE2466(m): 5:11pm On Aug 01, 2013
though the exam was conducted by non academic staff but it is not a reason to nullify it please ASUU consider the candidates time and money and be calm before some children swear for you people

1 Like

Re: ASUU Threatens To Cancel Post-UME Exams In Universities by Stanvick1(m): 5:11pm On Aug 01, 2013
Abeg....no mind ASUU, na dem get their wide mouth
Re: ASUU Threatens To Cancel Post-UME Exams In Universities by Nobody: 5:11pm On Aug 01, 2013
Ehn.. Make dis pple no play rough play o.
Re: ASUU Threatens To Cancel Post-UME Exams In Universities by Dambob: 5:11pm On Aug 01, 2013
Trut: Fraud: Vuvaa.com Is Still Collecting Donation On Behalf Of OJB Jezreel. Read here: https://www.nairaland.com/1380799/fraud-vuvaa.com-still-collecting-donation
guy even me I need donations if u can help me advertise
Re: ASUU Threatens To Cancel Post-UME Exams In Universities by Clemzy16(m): 5:11pm On Aug 01, 2013
These lecturers and staff of ASUU are so selfish. They only care about themselves.
Re: ASUU Threatens To Cancel Post-UME Exams In Universities by slap1(m): 5:11pm On Aug 01, 2013
Greedy men! The best thing should be for states to withdraw their schools from this backward, selfish and purposeless union.

Rubbish! Dafuq?

1 Like

Re: ASUU Threatens To Cancel Post-UME Exams In Universities by mactoni91(m): 5:11pm On Aug 01, 2013
Latest from Abuja on ASUU strike !!!
ﻪﯾﺎﺳ ﺖﻓﺭ ﺮﮔﺍ ﺭﻮﻧ ﺎﻣ ﻩﺮﯿﺧ ﻢﺸﭼ ﻭ ﺭﺍﻮﯾﺩ ﺶﻘﻧ ﺖﺴﯿﻧ ﺍﺪﯿﭘ
ﺎﻤﻫﺮﯿﺨﺸﭼﺪﻧﺍﺩ ﯽﻤﻧ ﺮﮔﺩ ﻪﯾﺎﺳ ﺶﻘﻧ
ﺶﻘﻧ ﺭﻮﻧ ﻥﺍﺩ ﯽﻤﻧ ﺮﮔﺩ ﻪﯾﺎﺳ ﺶﻘﻧ
ﺎﻣ ﻩﺮﯿﺧ ﻢﺸﭼﻭ ﺭﺍﻮﯾﺪﺘﻓﺭ ﺮﮔﺍ ﻭ ﺭﺍﻮﯾﺩ
ﺮﮔﺍﺭﻮﻧ ﻥﺍﺩ ﯽﻤﻧ . ﺮﮔﺩ ﻪﯾﺎﺳ ﺶﻘﻧ ﺶﻘﻧ ﺍﺪﯿﭙﻓﺭ ﺮﮔ . ﺎﻣ ﻩﺮﯿﺧ ﻢﺸﭼ ﺖﺴﯿﻧ ﺍﺪﺘﻓﺭ ﺎﻣ ﻩﺮﯿﺧ ﻢﺸﭼ ﻭ ﺭﺍﻮﯾﺩ ﺶﻘﻧ ﺖﺴﯿﻧ
ﺮﮔﺩ ﻪﯾﺎﺳ ﺭﻮﻧ ﻥﺍﺩ ﯽﻤﻧ ﺮﮔﺩ ﻪﯾﺎﺳ
ﺎﻤﻫﺮﯿﺨﻤﻧ .
If I hear anything else, I'll let you guys know!

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Man Resigns From Banking To Be A Teacher, Donates Desks To School (Pix, VIDEO) / How I Almost Ruined My Life Academically!!! / Obafemi Awolowo University, OAU Cut Off Mark For 2017/2018 Is Out Online.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.