Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,237 members, 7,780,465 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 02:56 PM

Hepatitis-B Kills Faster Than AIDS - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Hepatitis-B Kills Faster Than AIDS (60707 Views)

Superbug Deadlier Than AIDS Spreading / Kidney Disease More Prevalent Cause Of Death In Nigeria Than Aids And Malaria / Cancer Kills Faster Than Hiv/aids. Which One Do You Pray For? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hepatitis-B Kills Faster Than AIDS by trixandra(f): 11:15am On Aug 03, 2013
I agree. lost a friend to that last year
Re: Hepatitis-B Kills Faster Than AIDS by BigLebowski: 11:22am On Aug 03, 2013
sucess001: To be fair to the doctor, he is correct. Its the OP dat got it wrong. Hepatitis 'spreads faster than aids...which Is true. Its spreads 50 times more dan aids...for instance u may have unprotected sex wit someone who has aids and not get d virus but have with someone with HBV and hav it.

But it does not kill as fast as aids.

Besides, some types of hBV are called acute and dose types get flushed out of the liver automatically by d liver.once dat happens, d person's blood develops antibodies and the probability the person gets infected again is almst zero.

Its d type dats called chronic HBV dts most difficult. Means d person is a 'carrier'. It can be treated though.

Wierdly, while d chronic can be treated, d acute cannot be treated. D best tin to do for the acute is to use drugs dt will strengthen d liver like livolin forte...

For yall tho,I advise u go for a test on it and if u negative, ask for the vaccine. The vaccine is usually given 3 times. First on request, den after 6 weeks, then after 14 weeks.

No body is disputing the fact that Hepatitis B virus and the other variants (A and C) being highly contagious but the disease progression from point of inclination to actual symptom presentation takes years to manifest. You can catch a common cold within seconds of being exposed to it without body contact with the host but does that make it more dangerous and fatal than Aids?
Re: Hepatitis-B Kills Faster Than AIDS by blueeyes1: 11:27am On Aug 03, 2013
Delafruita: keep talking out of ignorance.i had hepatitis B aout 5years ago and i was lucky it was diagnosed within a month.my doctor made me realise people die within 3months if the virus isnt detected.even the sympthoms of hepB are crazy.extreme jaundice,bitter tongue,serious fatigue,insomnia etc.a friend of mine died of the disease because he thought it was typhoid so my friend,dont just comment on things from a layman's point of view.hepatitis kills faster than AIDs and 100 times more infectious because it has various modes of transmission and can reside otside of the hosts body for a longer period that HIV.

the liver very important.if stops working for a few seconds,the body cannot be detoxified meaning-death.so try to learn without disparaging the good doctors who are trying to create the awareness.and try to get the hepB vaccine if you havent
God bless u real good
Re: Hepatitis-B Kills Faster Than AIDS by Nobody: 11:29am On Aug 03, 2013
I will never kiss again.
Re: Hepatitis-B Kills Faster Than AIDS by lomaxx: 11:34am On Aug 03, 2013
illitrate: I will never kiss again.

grin grin grin
Re: Hepatitis-B Kills Faster Than AIDS by danikik7: 12:14pm On Aug 03, 2013
Hepatitis-B is deadly,it kills faster than AIDS and the vectors are mostly WOMEN who have no acknowledgement of transmitting the disease.It kills their victims mostly MEN ,within 6 months by the virus attacking the liver and causing liver failure which leads to the swelling of the stomach etc.Unlike AIDS,that kills both victims,hepatitis kills in a short term the male victims first within 6 months of contact.Its like STD gonorrhea ,which women do not know that they carrying.The truth of the matter is that Nigeria does not have the cure for HEPATITIS.Statistics shows that a staggering number of Nigerian girls within the ages of 14-38years are vectors without knowing it .I lost my undergraduate brother to the monster 2 years back.
BE WARNED .
Re: Hepatitis-B Kills Faster Than AIDS by Sike(m): 12:16pm On Aug 03, 2013
Death is death. Hapatisis or HIV.
Re: Hepatitis-B Kills Faster Than AIDS by geegirl101(f): 12:23pm On Aug 03, 2013
melojames: For real? I'm now enlightened.
Me too grin
Re: Hepatitis-B Kills Faster Than AIDS by skeezeeree(m): 12:33pm On Aug 03, 2013
Visit this podcast page and get some knowledge about Alcohlic liver disease, Fibroids and some other topics that you need insight about .
It is the first Nigerian podcast series of such.
http://www.naijapipu.com/Podcasts.htmlhttp://www.naijapipu.com/Podcasts.html
Re: Hepatitis-B Kills Faster Than AIDS by Otunbakay(m): 12:38pm On Aug 03, 2013
It's funny seeing people fighting over a non-issue. If we all know and agree that these are viral diseases and that they are deadly, would it not be wise for us to watch our ways and check our activities? Whether they kill 2day or 2moro they will eventually take u 2 ur grave prematurely and painfully so too. Be wise and avoid them all.

2 Likes

Re: Hepatitis-B Kills Faster Than AIDS by Picomon(m): 12:51pm On Aug 03, 2013
My people make una know worry cure dey for this one.

Shey una wan know? GARRI go cure am... So make una enjoy life bcoz with GARRI, every disease is curable.
Re: Hepatitis-B Kills Faster Than AIDS by sben2308(m): 1:16pm On Aug 03, 2013
Indeed yhu are right and I just lost a frnd WASIU today to dat disease.He has just 3 months left to finish is NYSC service in ogun state.Please I beg U̶̲̥̅̊ help us by creating more awareness and how to combat it at the early stage
Re: Hepatitis-B Kills Faster Than AIDS by Rohzay(m): 1:31pm On Aug 03, 2013
Delafruita: keep talking out of ignorance.i had hepatitis B aout 5years ago and i was lucky it was diagnosed within a month.my doctor made me realise people die within 3months if the virus isnt detected.even the sympthoms of hepB are crazy.extreme jaundice,bitter tongue,serious fatigue,insomnia etc.a friend of mine died of the disease because he thought it was typhoid so my friend,dont just comment on things from a layman's point of view.hepatitis kills faster than AIDs and 100 times more infectious because it has various modes of transmission and can reside otside of the hosts body for a longer period that HIV.

the liver very important.if stops working for a few seconds,the body cannot be detoxified meaning-death.so try to learn without disparaging the good doctors who are trying to create the awareness.and try to get the hepB vaccine if you havent
..plz wot drug did u use to treat ur self...tnx
Re: Hepatitis-B Kills Faster Than AIDS by bobthebuilder99(m): 1:36pm On Aug 03, 2013
I reject it!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hepatitis-B Kills Faster Than AIDS by shaybebaby(f): 2:27pm On Aug 03, 2013
Re: Hepatitis-B Kills Faster Than AIDS by YankeeJoe(m): 2:31pm On Aug 03, 2013
Hmmm, as d day goes by, diseases of varyin magnitudes n manifestations showcases their ugly faces just to kill men. Na wa o, baba God, pls, watch over me and my family for none shal be our portion... In Jesus name Amen
Re: Hepatitis-B Kills Faster Than AIDS by Svelteb(f): 3:15pm On Aug 03, 2013
danikik7: Hepatitis-B is deadly,it kills faster than AIDS and the vectors are mostly WOMEN who have no acknowledgement of transmitting the disease.It kills their victims mostly MEN ,within 6 months by the virus attacking the liver and causing liver failure which leads to the swelling of the stomach etc.Unlike AIDS,that kills both victims,hepatitis kills in a short term the male victims first within 6 months of contact.Its like STD gonorrhea ,which women do not know that they carrying.The truth of the matter is that Nigeria does not have the cure for HEPATITIS.Statistics shows that a staggering number of Nigerian girls within the ages of 14-38years are vectors without knowing it .I lost my undergraduate brother to the monster 2 years back.
BE WARNED .
Aww....sorry 4 ur loss
Re: Hepatitis-B Kills Faster Than AIDS by nacotic(m): 3:19pm On Aug 03, 2013
Pls can d docs in d house enlighten us on d modes of transmission
Re: Hepatitis-B Kills Faster Than AIDS by Malawian(m): 3:28pm On Aug 03, 2013

herpatitis b is not a joke. i had mine 10yrs ago, honestly, i was on the throes of death myself. they turned my body into a drug shelve. all my nyash was sore from all the injuction i had to take, even the cocktail of drugs was almost as big as the food i was taking.

only someone who havent gone through that bas.tar.d virus will take it for granted.
Re: Hepatitis-B Kills Faster Than AIDS by EMERITUS1(m): 4:07pm On Aug 03, 2013
To me AIDS is the king of all diseases. I read it somewhere either in proverbs or ecclesistes that avoid strange women because of a disease which could cause shame to you

1 Like

Re: Hepatitis-B Kills Faster Than AIDS by EMERITUS1(m): 4:12pm On Aug 03, 2013
Most diseases in the world including AIDS started from women,

1 Like

Re: Hepatitis-B Kills Faster Than AIDS by lomaxx: 4:50pm On Aug 03, 2013
nacotic: Pls can d docs in d house enlighten us on d modes of transmission

1) Transmission is by parenteral route :
-needle use,
-tattooing,
-ear piercing,
-acupuncture,
-transfusion of blood and blood products,
-hemodialysis,

2)sexual contact

3)perinatal transmission.

4)contact of infectious material with mucous membranes and open skin breaks (e.g., HBV is stable and can be transmitted from toothbrushes, utensils, razors, baby toys, assorted medical equipment [respirators, endoscopes]).

5) Oral intake of infectious material may result in infection through breaks in the oral mucosa.

Source : tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: Hepatitis-B Kills Faster Than AIDS by Feraz(m): 5:35pm On Aug 03, 2013
I still thank God that I survived this deadly disease. I actually thought I was a goner back then 2003/2004. Was looking like a pregnant man. . . . . .
Re: Hepatitis-B Kills Faster Than AIDS by pearl700(f): 6:27pm On Aug 03, 2013
danikik7: Hepatitis-B is deadly,it kills faster than AIDS and the vectors are mostly WOMEN who have no acknowledgement of transmitting the disease.It kills their victims mostly MEN ,within 6 months by the virus attacking the liver and causing liver failure which leads to the swelling of the stomach etc.Unlike AIDS,that kills both victims,hepatitis kills in a short term the male victims first within 6 months of contact.Its like STD gonorrhea ,which women do not know that they carrying.The truth of the matter is that Nigeria does not have the cure for HEPATITIS.Statistics shows that a staggering number of Nigerian girls within the ages of 14-38years are vectors without knowing it .I lost my undergraduate brother to the monster 2
years back.
BE WARNED .

I'm really sorry for your loss but please don't give people false information. There is no particular sex that can transmit hepatitis B virus to the other. It can be transmitted just like HIV. Of course the only way to know if you are infected or not is through laboratory testing. So everyone should get tested and should get vaccinated if the test result is negative. Its not true that the infection can't be treated in Nigeria. Drugs are available in Nigerian teaching hospitals and some private hospitals. But not every infected person requires treatment. The need and the choice of treatment Will be determined by a doctor with experience in such through clinical and laboratory diagnosis. However, the chances of viral clearance is low and relapse could occur after treatment. Hence, prevention is better than cure.
Re: Hepatitis-B Kills Faster Than AIDS by Ekans: 6:43pm On Aug 03, 2013
The cost of treatment for Hbv is something else,its better not to get infected in the first place.

1 Like

Re: Hepatitis-B Kills Faster Than AIDS by Melahou(m): 7:50pm On Aug 03, 2013
My little cousin died of Hepatitis few month back cos it was not detected on time
They whre busy treating him of malaria
Re: Hepatitis-B Kills Faster Than AIDS by highchief3(m): 7:50pm On Aug 03, 2013
sucess001: To be fair to the doctor, he is correct. Its the OP dat got it wrong. Hepatitis 'spreads faster than aids...which Is true. Its spreads 50 times more dan aids...for instance u may have unprotected sex wit someone who has aids and not get d virus but have with someone with HBV and hav it.

But it does not kill as fast as aids.

Besides, some types of hBV are called acute and dose types get flushed out of the liver automatically by d liver.once dat happens, d person's blood develops antibodies and the probability the person gets infected again is almst zero.

Its d type dats called chronic HBV dts most difficult. Means d person is a 'carrier'. It can be treated though.

Wierdly, while d chronic can be treated, d acute cannot be treated. D best tin to do for the acute is to use drugs dt will strengthen d liver like livolin forte...

For yall tho,I advise u go for a test on it and if u negative, ask for the vaccine. The vaccine is usually given 3 times. First on request, den after 6 weeks, then after 14 weeks.
please explain the part about developing anti-bodies

1 Like

Re: Hepatitis-B Kills Faster Than AIDS by plendil: 8:08pm On Aug 03, 2013
goddyjay:
Infact I don't see the doctors' point hepatitis is a liver disease, [b]in recent research it has been discovered that affected liver could be cut off and with help of enough rest it will regenerate cause liver is a tissue [/b]so I don't see any factual point he could have said ignorance or something about hepatitis kills if not taken care of, HIV on the other is another topic cos it's deadlier and kills faster even when you know you have it but I still understand what the doctor is saying but he could have said it in another way!!!!!

Absolutely false. For starters, the liver is an organ and not a tissue.

Secondly, when you affected liver cut off, do you mean the entire organ? IF so then regeneration is impossible under such circumstance.
Re: Hepatitis-B Kills Faster Than AIDS by plendil: 8:17pm On Aug 03, 2013
danikik7: Hepatitis-B is deadly,it kills faster than AIDS and the vectors are mostly WOMEN who have no acknowledgement of transmitting the disease.It kills their victims mostly MEN ,within 6 months by the virus attacking the liver and causing liver failure which leads to the swelling of the stomach etc.Unlike AIDS,that kills both victims,hepatitis kills in a short term the male victims first within 6 months of contact.Its like STD gonorrhea ,which women do not know that they carrying.The truth of the matter is that Nigeria does not have the cure for HEPATITIS.Statistics shows that a staggering number of Nigerian girls within the ages of 14-38years are vectors without knowing it .I lost my undergraduate brother to the monster 2 years back.
BE WARNED .

Sorry, but this is absolute TRASH!!!
Re: Hepatitis-B Kills Faster Than AIDS by plendil: 8:19pm On Aug 03, 2013
Melahou: My little cousin died of Hepatitis few month back cos it was not detected on time
They whre busy treating him of malaria

unfortunately Hepatitis B is far more deadly in infants than in adults, almost 70% more. In fact, most of those who end up getting the chronic disease later in life were infected at young age but not completely cured.
Re: Hepatitis-B Kills Faster Than AIDS by plendil: 8:21pm On Aug 03, 2013
I think its false to say that HB kills faster than AIDS.

However, studies have indeed shown that it is about 80 times more infectious than the HIV.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I’m Not The Doctor Who Jumped Into Lagos Lagoon, PH Nurse Cries Out / Banger 'Knockout' Shatters A Young Man's Hand Last Night (Graphic Pics) / My Fiancée Just Took Her Own Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.