Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,644 members, 7,801,871 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:00 AM

Why Did Ibos Support The Deportation Of Yorubas Earlier In 2011? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Did Ibos Support The Deportation Of Yorubas Earlier In 2011? (1895 Views)

FG Bans Registration & Deportation Of Nigerians, Says Its Worse Than Boko Haram / Fashola Replies Peter Obi Over Alleged Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos / Massob, Aka-Ikenga Condemn The Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Did Ibos Support The Deportation Of Yorubas Earlier In 2011? by Nobody: 7:40pm On Aug 01, 2013
When Yorubas were deported to other Yoruba states in 2011 by Fashola, why didn't Ibos make noise?

Doesn't it seem tribalistic that the same Ibos are now making noise?

When SS/SE deported Lagosians from Akwa-Ibom, why didn't Ibos protest the deportation of Yorubas?

1 Like

Re: Why Did Ibos Support The Deportation Of Yorubas Earlier In 2011? by pesty100(m): 8:25pm On Aug 01, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:
When Yorubas were deported to other Yoruba states in 2011 by Fashola, why didn't Ibos make noise?

When SS/SE deported Lagosians from Akwa-Ibom, why didn't Ibos protest the deportation of Yorubas?
please help me tell them and remind them ooo shouting tribal all week

2 Likes

Re: Why Did Ibos Support The Deportation Of Yorubas Earlier In 2011? by Emmyk(m): 8:36pm On Aug 01, 2013
Karma na 69. Lol. If you catch my drift.

2 Likes

Re: Why Did Ibos Support The Deportation Of Yorubas Earlier In 2011? by Nobody: 8:44pm On Aug 01, 2013
If its not done against Ibos....it's not tribalism.....but once it's against Ibos...it becomes tribalism.

Living in the same country with these Ibos is becoming a pain in the neck of other Nigerians....

5 Likes

Re: Why Did Ibos Support The Deportation Of Yorubas Earlier In 2011? by pesty100(m): 5:38am On Aug 02, 2013
Dis kind of thread never makes it to the front only d one where ibo re yabbing yoruba makes it

2 Likes

Re: Why Did Ibos Support The Deportation Of Yorubas Earlier In 2011? by passion007: 6:00am On Aug 02, 2013
pesty100: Dis kind of thread never makes it to the front only d one where ibo re yabbing yoruba makes it
Why in the hell would a thoughtless thread as this, created by someone with a negative IQ make it to the front page?!

3 Likes

Re: Why Did Ibos Support The Deportation Of Yorubas Earlier In 2011? by dayokanu(m): 6:06am On Aug 02, 2013
Below is a quote of one of the Ibo posters around that time

Obiagu1:

Sokoto = 196
Kano = 75
Total = 271

Oyo = 83
Osun = 67
Ekiti = 21
Ondo = 7
Total = 178

Of those whose states were declared, one can see the trend, a competition between the North and the SW on who will produce the most beggars. At least the North and the SW have a common bond, ALMAJIRI.

https://www.nairaland.com/665960/lagos-ejects-deport-over-3000

2 Likes

Re: Why Did Ibos Support The Deportation Of Yorubas Earlier In 2011? by 9icest: 6:50am On Aug 02, 2013
Did they sue T. Orji when he deported non-Abian back to their states?
This isnt about the deportation. They have been angry, mad and pissed over BRF stride...
They have always been the one cursing every Yoruba leader, starting from Awolowo, Aregbe, Tinubu, BRF, and now Shoyinka, the same man who fought and bled for Biafra is a mad professor....Daily, we just keep seeing the dark and disturbing psyche of the average Ibo...their pure, and disturbing hatred for the Yorubas....
They have been waiting....and now they will do everything in their power to tarnish the image of BRF...
I sincerely pray every powerful Yoruba man and politician in the land are visiting Nairaland in this time...
Ive started shooting out BC on my BB...and I hope it makes it to someone influential in Alausa....
BRF, Tinubu, OBJ...every single Yoruba leader out there who think the IBOS are our political allies should visit Nairaland at this period....They are not....They are plain enemies who want us destroyed for no reason....
I repeat...for no reason as I dont understand the cause of this incredible hatred and venom.

6 Likes

Re: Why Did Ibos Support The Deportation Of Yorubas Earlier In 2011? by strangest(m): 6:50am On Aug 02, 2013
If I beat your child, is it your mother that will complain OR my mother? If yoroubas were actually deported as you claimed without facts then it is in the interest of the yoroubas to complain. Foshola has done it before and this is the second time he is doing it again amist the protest. Nigerians cannot be deported within their own country and such a man like Fashola need to forget about politics for the rest of his life for this silly act and I am sorry for Ngige that is coming out for Anambra's post on AC platform because Fashola has reduced his chances of winning.

5 Likes

Re: Why Did Ibos Support The Deportation Of Yorubas Earlier In 2011? by 9icest: 6:52am On Aug 02, 2013
[size=18pt]Enugu First Lady warns beggars[/size]
On June 16, 2010 · In News

Enugu— Mrs Clara Chime, wife of Enugu State governor, has warned beggars to stay off the streets or face arrest and prosecution.

Chime gave the warning, yesterday in Enugu while presenting gifts and money to some beggars arrested for parading major streets of the state.

According to her, “begging is not a good thing. I will give you money to go and start petty trading. I will also give you clothes for you and your children.

“If I catch you on the streets again, I will arrest and jail you. The annoying thing is that none of you is a destitute person because you all have houses.”

She criticised them for exposing their children to danger.

In her remarks, the Commissioner for Gender Affairs and Social Development, Mrs Ndidi Chukwu, recalled that the ministry had been taking the beggars off the streets only for them to return.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/06/enugu-first-lady-warns-beggars/
Re: Why Did Ibos Support The Deportation Of Yorubas Earlier In 2011? by Nobody: 6:57am On Aug 02, 2013
NONSENSE! Most of the people that are currently waging the war on Fashola were not on NL then. I was not on NL. Many others were not too. Besides, many people are becoming increasingly aware of their rights to fight senseless policies. Personally, my anger is with the impunity with which Fashola detain Nigerians in concentration camps and deport them. My anger is with the audacity of the govt to repeat the deportation after the outcry that greeted earlier deportations. Yes, Fashola has deported people (including Igbos) in the past but we cannot allow him to continue with such illegality, impunity and mans inhumanity to man

2 Likes

Re: Why Did Ibos Support The Deportation Of Yorubas Earlier In 2011? by passion007: 7:06am On Aug 02, 2013
strangest: If I beat your child, is is your mother that will complain OR my mother? If yoroubas were actually deported as you claimed without facts then it is in the interest of the yoroubas to complain. Foshola has done it before and this is the second time he is doing again amist the protest. Nigerians cannot be deported within their own country and such a man like Fashola need to forget about politics for the rest of his life for this silly act and I am sorry for Ngige that is coming out for Anambra's post on AC platform because Fashola has reduced his chances of winning.
Don't take these jesters seriously. Yorubas were deported by Fashola and they were busy waiting for Ndigbo to retaliate and fight their war for them; sounds like some folks in SW have maldescended tes.tes. They see Ndigbo as tools to be used, and when the mood catches them, they tell Ndigbo to "crawl back to their villages in the East".

If Fashola's actions are unconstitutional and undemocratic --as is the case here--, then call him out instead of resorting to juvenile tit for tat exchanges. Talk about cutting one's nose to spite one's face.

Shame on the despot called Fashola, and shame on all the supporters of this evil action!.

3 Likes

Re: Why Did Ibos Support The Deportation Of Yorubas Earlier In 2011? by pistol: 7:33am On Aug 02, 2013
9icest: Did they sue T. Orji when he deported non-Abian back to their states?
This isnt about the deportation. They have been angry, mad and pissed over BRF stride...
They have always been the one cursing every Yoruba leader, starting from Awolowo, Aregbe, Tinubu, BRF, and now Shoyinka, the same man who fought and bled for Biafra is a mad professor....Daily, we just keep seeing the dark and disturbing psyche of the average Ibo...their pure, and disturbing hatred for the Yorubas....
They have been waiting....and now they will do everything in their power to tarnish the image of BRF...
I sincerely pray every powerful Yoruba man and politician in the land are visiting Nairaland in this time...
Ive started shooting out BC on my BB...and I hope it makes it to someone influential in Alausa....
BRF, Tinubu, OBJ...every single Yoruba leader out there who think the IBOS are our political allies should visit Nairaland at this period....They are not....They are plain enemies who want us destroyed for no reason....
I repeat...for no reason as I dont understand the cause of this incredible hatred and venom.

Ur hatred will consume u.
In this federal structure we are operating in this country....
All Nigerians can live anywhere he or she choose to make his abode and there is no shiiit anyone can do about it.

1 Like

Re: Why Did Ibos Support The Deportation Of Yorubas Earlier In 2011? by pesty100(m): 8:21am On Aug 02, 2013
passion007: Why in the hell would a thoughtless thread as this, created by someone with a negative IQ make it to the front page?!
so the one where we re being yabbed is thoughtful?

1 Like

Re: Why Did Ibos Support The Deportation Of Yorubas Earlier In 2011? by Nobody: 9:14am On Aug 02, 2013
Being an endangered specie of homo-sapiens, Igbos deserve a special treatment cheesy. Some non-indigent destitutes were dropped under the Eyenkorin flyover in Ilorin sometimes ago, but nobody complained to the public. You don't settle such issue crying to the whole world. I don't know why they like playing victims all the time-trait exhibiting weakness cool . It's ok, as long as the Igbos are not affected , but they'll wail when faced with similar fate. Bunch of selfish hypocrites. angry

3 Likes

Re: Why Did Ibos Support The Deportation Of Yorubas Earlier In 2011? by nduchucks: 9:37am On Aug 02, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: NONSENSE! Most of the people that are currently waging the war on Fashola were not on NL then. I was not on NL. Many others were not too. Besides, many people are becoming increasingly aware of their rights to fight senseless policies. Personally, my anger is with the impunity with which Fashola detain Nigerians in concentration camps and deport them. My anger is with the audacity of the govt to repeat the deportation after the outcry that greeted earlier deportations. Yes, Fashola has deported people (including Igbos) in the past but we cannot allow him to continue with such illegality, impunity and mans inhumanity to man

It is quite easy to agree with most of your post above, but I find the bolded part in blue colour, quite revealing. The illegality you mentioned also violates section 35 of our constitution which our President swore to defend and for which he asked for God's help in defending, when he was sworn in.

You come across as GEJ's praise singer and a political jobber who is too dishonest to call upon the mute President to defend our constitution in this case. The incompetent President has not issued a single statement about this blatant unconstitutional act, formed a committee to fully investigate the matter, or ordered a full defense of our constitution by the AG of the federation. Instead, our alleged drunkard of a President has gone mute.

Have some dignity for once and call for the President to defend our constitution. His silence in this case and that of the River state crisis, in my view, constitute impeachable acts.

3 Likes

Re: Why Did Ibos Support The Deportation Of Yorubas Earlier In 2011? by Ibrahimmrfish(m): 9:48am On Aug 02, 2013
The answer is,they are hypocrates.They supported,the deportation of Yoruba and Hausa 4m lagos,but are now crying like babies,saying fashola brake the law.So they want the law to only protect them,but not others since they are the only human beings on earth.

3 Likes

Re: Why Did Ibos Support The Deportation Of Yorubas Earlier In 2011? by pistol: 10:07am On Aug 02, 2013
Do you want me to take panodol for another man's headache?
Re: Why Did Ibos Support The Deportation Of Yorubas Earlier In 2011? by SLIDEwaxie(m): 10:35am On Aug 02, 2013
strangest: If I beat your child, is is your mother that will complain OR my mother? If yoroubas were actually deported as you claimed without facts then it is in the interest of the yoroubas to complain. Foshola has done it before and this is the second time he is doing again amist the protest. Nigerians cannot be deported within their own country and such a man like Fashola need to forget about politics for the rest of his life for this silly act and I am sorry for Ngige that is coming out for Anambra's post on AC platform because Fashola has reduced his chances of winning.
dude, u are moronic in nature!
First of:

The English words aint deportation. Deportation doesn't work in dt context. Okay?
So, in order to make it looks bad, or due to ur natural low-level IQ, u alwys shout 'deportation' when we all knw there were duly relocated for becoming rags and menance to the streets of the Lagos state!

2. Dnt kill urself abt Fashola, ok?
Hypertension is a very sturbborn sickness to overcome. Aint u guys scared of stroke or something?

1 Like

Re: Why Did Ibos Support The Deportation Of Yorubas Earlier In 2011? by Samxiulee: 11:20am On Aug 02, 2013
Sometimes they baffles we moderates.........smh,it was okay when it was yorubas and hausa,now its a sacrilege when it comes to igbos.

1 Like

Re: Why Did Ibos Support The Deportation Of Yorubas Earlier In 2011? by Nobody: 1:25pm On Aug 02, 2013
Hmmmm
Re: Why Did Ibos Support The Deportation Of Yorubas Earlier In 2011? by Nobody: 1:28pm On Aug 02, 2013
Sam xiu lee: Sometimes they baffles we moderates.........smh,it was okay when it was yorubas and hausa,now its a sacrilege when it comes to igbos.

Really baffling.

I wonder why my threads are being moved.........too much truth in them? Why are threads with "Ibos" in the title left to rot in the politic section?

1 Like

Re: Why Did Ibos Support The Deportation Of Yorubas Earlier In 2011? by Nobody: 1:59pm On Aug 02, 2013
Ibrahim mr fish: The answer is,they are hypocrates.They supported,the deportation of Yoruba and Hausa 4m lagos,but are now crying like babies,saying fashola brake the law.So they want the law to only protect them,but not others since they are the only human beings on earth.

Still baffling......it's about time Yorubas on NL get together else the madness will continue

1 Like

Re: Why Did Ibos Support The Deportation Of Yorubas Earlier In 2011? by pesty100(m): 2:20pm On Aug 02, 2013
When the hausas bombed them out their land they dare not say anytin.... But that housed them and treated them very well they start insulting

1 Like

Re: Why Did Ibos Support The Deportation Of Yorubas Earlier In 2011? by dayokanu(m): 2:30pm On Aug 02, 2013
Sam xiu lee: Sometimes they baffles we moderates.........smh,it was okay when it was yorubas and hausa,now its a sacrilege when it comes to igbos.

The so called moderates are some of the problems trying to act more sophisticated.

Imagine some of our so called moderates telling us to put the position of Babaloja to vote? What an insult?

In England a beacon of democracy have they put the position of Queen to Ballot?

Yoruba e ronu ooo.

dayokanu:
[size=14pt]
Below is my translations of Akintolas speech on 1964 almost 50yrs ago

Now every Yorubaman should think about this and compare to whats going on today[/size]

[size=13pt]I can interpret some.

In the first part after the greetings he said that many of our Yoruba people compare our country to USA and UK claiming since it was done in those countries it should be done same way in Nigeria. and the Ibo Alakuko have been using their Newspapers to promote their agenda and Yorubas trying to act sophisticated dont trust their parents again rather they believe Nigeria should be like US and UK, Nigeria is not like US and UK

He said one of the Ibo leaders claimed he believed Ibos are special breed of people who are designed to Lord over other Nigerians.

Count how many Yorubas are in Eastern parts heading parastatals? Now compare that to Ibos heading such stuffs in North and the West. Why do they want to Lord it over all.

He said in Ibadan, Arabs and Lebanese were sent away from trading yet the NCNC made sure it was Ibos that took over the whole markets in Ibadan, that our wives in Ibadan cant even get stalls to trade.

All Nigerians ambasadors to London, Paris, Moscow, New York are all Ibos through their alliance with the Hausas.

This election is for the future of your children, This is not about Akintola or Awolowo this is about the future of your children.

Recently Michael Okpara came out to list the achievement of Federal Govt in the Eastern region. He listed the Cement company in Nkalagu, the Coal in Enugu where thousands of their children are getting jobs while our own qualified children cant get jobs

The 2 VC of the University in Lagos and UI are both Ibos. Are they saying of all the educated people in Abeokuta for more than 100yrs none is educated enough to head?

In UI they employed 112 staffs and 108 were from Iboland, 3 from Yorubaland

You might ask why is the top position important its because due to their nature, the first in command is Ibo, he would ensure second in command, third in command till fifteenth in command is his tribesman till all the commands are finished[/size]

1 Like

Re: Why Did Ibos Support The Deportation Of Yorubas Earlier In 2011? by dayokanu(m): 2:30pm On Aug 02, 2013
dayokanu:

[size=13pt]NCNC would come here and shout One Nigeria, One country, One destiny whereas its Okechukwu Ikejiani that would be getting all the benefits.

They said you want to sell out to the Hausas How many hausas have you seen coming to Ibadan, Lagos or AKure to take all the jobs and opportunities

Those of you listening to me from Ibadan from Lagos from Okitipupa that you are speaking English. We want a country where everyone has equal benefits.

If you say some Yorubas have stakes like Akinfosile, DM Johnson and TOS Benson. Ask yourself how many of them are in influential portfolios

Go to Akinfosiles town in Okitipupa and check what he has done there? Nothing!! Ibos would never put you where you can benefit your people.

DM Johnson they put him in charge of Labour where he would always be at logger heads with the workers that he had to resign.

See the issue of TOS Benson despite Sobowale spending his fortune on the party after a while they put Moronu there to rival him as an assistant

This is not between Awolowo and Akintola, dont set your house on fire because of the houserat. .because Awolowo know the Ibos more than anyone of you.

Even if you hate Akintola, would you hate your children and your generations future? They are chasing your children from Universities, from govt work, from market stalls and all you keep saying is its Akintola vs Awolowo.

They said we want to sell you to Hausas but when they have been with Hausas for the past 10 years getting all the juicy positions in this country and even in your ancestral homelands Hausas were not bad then. If you get here Ugochukwu, go there, Nwachukwu, go there Mbadiwe and youre still going on aout Akintola vs Awolowo.

If you want to know about Ibos go and ask NCNC chieftains in your town. If youre from Ilesha go ask Olowokere about NCNC, If youre in Ife go ask Fani Kayode, If you are from Oyo go ask Pa Afolabi, Would you know Sango more than Sango priests[/size]
Re: Why Did Ibos Support The Deportation Of Yorubas Earlier In 2011? by eagleeye2: 2:37pm On Aug 02, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:

If you can get the thread on that 2011 *deportation* may be we can analyse it.
It is not every Igbo that supports undemocratic act(s). How can you possibly applaud the *deportation* of fellow Nigerians regardless of tribe, religion or language. Not too long ago a governor in the SE asked Civil servants who are not from the state to leave the service, we all condemned it. Igbo, Yoruba, SS all rose up with one voice and condemned that act. Why then do some people only think that an act capable of leading to anarchy in Nigeria will be applauded by some who have not really lost sight of what true democracy in a Federal system stands for?
Re: Why Did Ibos Support The Deportation Of Yorubas Earlier In 2011? by Nobody: 2:46pm On Aug 02, 2013
eagle,eye:

If you can get the thread on that 2011 *deportation* may be we can analyse it.
It is not every Igbo that supports undemocratic act(s). How can you possibly applaud the *deportation* of fellow Nigerians regardless of tribe, religion or language. [size=18pt]Not too long ago a ibo governor in the SE asked Civil servants who are not from the state to leave the service, we all condemned it.[/size] Igbo, Yoruba, SS all rose up with one voice and condemned that act. Why then do some people only think that an act capable of leading to anarchy in Nigeria will be applauded by some who have not really lost sight of what true democracy in a Federal system stands for?

And why did you all not condemn the deportation of Akwa Ibomites and Non-natives from Iboland?

Why are our Ibo hypocrites and especially their governors trying to tribalise this issue? Is it because a Yoruba man is at the upper end of the stick?

Why do Ibos fear Yorubas so much?

1 Like

Re: Why Did Ibos Support The Deportation Of Yorubas Earlier In 2011? by strangest(m): 3:05pm On Aug 02, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:

you are really a cow girl for opening up such a thread.... If a CAR{FASHOLA} knocks down your COW{Deported yorouba's as claimed by you}, is it not you that will hold the CAR OWNER {Fashola} responsible? how do you expect ANOTHER MAN{Igbo} that is passing by to hold the car owner responsible? Meanwhile the car owner happens to be your elder brother and the passer by has no relationship with you.....

Seriously you are dumb

1 Like

Re: Why Did Ibos Support The Deportation Of Yorubas Earlier In 2011? by Samxiulee: 3:21pm On Aug 02, 2013
dayokanu:

The so called moderates are some of the problems trying to act more sophisticated.

Imagine some of our so called moderates telling us to put the position of Babaloja to vote? What an insult?

In England a beacon of democracy have they put the position of Queen to Ballot?

Yoruba e ronu ooo.
On the contrary its you guys that bend and formulate,turn laws upside down that makes us look bad,av never for once advocate the the position of babaloja should be elective rather I believe its archaic and not necessary,there us no yoruba customary law that makes the babaloja a tax collector.when something is wrong it is wrong,on relocation I support the LASG on this.
Re: Why Did Ibos Support The Deportation Of Yorubas Earlier In 2011? by Samxiulee: 3:26pm On Aug 02, 2013
strangest:

you are really a cow girl for opening up such a thread.... If a CAR{FASHOLA} knocks down your COW{Deported yorouba's as claimed by you}, is it not you that will hold the CAR OWNER {Fashola} responsible? how do you expect ANOTHER MAN{Igbo} that is passing by to hold the car owner responsible? Meanwhile the car owner happens to be your elder brother and the passer by has no relationship with you.....

Seriously you are dumb
why do u want to crucify her cos she opened a thread stating the obvious,your analogy those not hold water,a car knocks you down and the people around you are less concerned,when it occurs to you and and passerby are indifferent,that mean they all hate/envy you.
Re: Why Did Ibos Support The Deportation Of Yorubas Earlier In 2011? by Nobody: 3:33pm On Aug 02, 2013
This is the time Yorubas need to wake up.

Stop being docile and "sophisticated".

You are not too "sophisticated" to protect your image.

Ibos should not be handed monopoly over tribalism.

When Ibo almajiris point at you and call your land poverty-stricken, who will correct them?

When they devalue your land, home, family, sons, daughter, who will speak out?

You need to wake up.....

There's a private Ibo forum where Yorubas are discussed daily, basically on how to destroy their image on NL, yet you sit there and keep quiet because you're too sophisticated.

Wake up.

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Love You Stella Oduah! / Why Cant Nigerians Resort To Self Help? / Rivers APC Pick Asita As Peterside’s Running Mate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.