Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,797 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:00 PM

Fashola Replies Peter Obi Over Alleged Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Replies Peter Obi Over Alleged Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos (59984 Views)

Fashola Replies Ruben Abati On Jonathsns Visit On Robbery Day In Lekki / Fashola Replies GEJ. "Spend 5 Days In Chibok And You'll Know What Bondage Is (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fashola Replies Peter Obi Over Alleged Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos by Nobody: 8:35pm On Aug 01, 2013
Fashola Replies Peter Obi Over Alleged Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos…Accuses Anambra Gov Of Mischief

[img]http://ireports-ng.com/wp-content/themes/goodnews47/framework/scripts/timthumb.php?src=http://ireports-ng.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/batunFashola-e1326738022269.jpg&h=275&w=599&zc=1[/img]

Lagos State Governor Babatunde Fashola has accused his Anambra state counterpart of trying to politicise last week relocation of some destitutes to Onitsha with a view to making cheap political gains from such in the November 16 governorship election in the south east state.

Fashola who for the first time spoke on the issue while fielding questions from journalists after inspecting some on-going infrastructural projects in the state said “It is unfortunate that my colleague governor has made this a media issue. As I speak, I haven’t received any telephone call or letter from him to complain. And don’t think that is the way government works. On less important matters like this, he had called me before.

“This is a political season and Anambra will be up for contest. And in a political season, unusual things happen and perhaps we are living in an interesting time. And some of the evidence was when one sees two adults kissing on television, it tells you that something is afoot. And it is really important to say that our hospitality in Lagos state is legendary. And it is a global legend that the people of Lagos state are hospitable people. And so is the present government of the state and previous administration”.

“I think that there are large Igbo community in the state. And their presence is evident in Alaba with the Alaba International Market and the ASPAMDA market. And they are doing their business peacefully while the state government is working tirelessly to provide the required transport system, that will help improve the travel time and their businesses.

“There is too much at stake for anyone to begin to insight the Igbo community against their host state. There is too much at stake here. It is a very dangerous and unwarranted precedent. And I hope that common sense will prevail here. Also for those who are praying for blood should know that there is too much at risk here.”

Source

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola Replies Peter Obi Over Alleged Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos by ARico(m): 8:44pm On Aug 01, 2013
OK
Re: Fashola Replies Peter Obi Over Alleged Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos by Acidosis(m): 8:47pm On Aug 01, 2013
He said alot without making any point..

Fashola (SAN), did you deport Igbos? Yes/No?
grin grin grin

227 Likes

Re: Fashola Replies Peter Obi Over Alleged Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos by Nobody: 8:47pm On Aug 01, 2013
Lol Did Fashola just tell Obi to use common sense?

Why do Ibo still cry war and blood? Do they think war is about holding hands and singing kumbaya?

66 Likes

Re: Fashola Replies Peter Obi Over Alleged Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos by Nobody: 8:47pm On Aug 01, 2013
Let them keep braying for blood.....they will get ocean full of it....

Ibos and the seas are strangers.....we will make them them swim in the sea.

6 Likes

Re: Fashola Replies Peter Obi Over Alleged Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos by 1oracle(m): 8:53pm On Aug 01, 2013
Acidosis: He said alot without making any point..

Fashola (SAN), did you deport Igbos? Yes/No?
grin grin grin
Fashola did you call Obi before you deported the Igbos? Yes/No?

126 Likes

Re: Fashola Replies Peter Obi Over Alleged Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos by pistol: 8:53pm On Aug 01, 2013
Look at this man...
What are you taking us for eh...?
Trying to water down your act of unconstitutional impunity on the alter of Anambra politics.
Well sha that's what you guys are known for.
Always trying to deflect from the issues whenever you are caught pants down...
But it is not gonna work this time.
This dust of rascality you just raised will take a very long time to settle...
I repeat...
Fashola what can your worst amount to?
Just do your worst!

77 Likes

Re: Fashola Replies Peter Obi Over Alleged Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos by EkoAtlantic: 8:55pm On Aug 01, 2013
Straight off mehn, nice reply.
Anambrarians, Fashola wasn't actually saying your governor is not using his common sense, he meant he should use it next time he opens his mouth.

One Nigeria....

45 Likes

Re: Fashola Replies Peter Obi Over Alleged Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos by Acidosis(m): 8:56pm On Aug 01, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:

hmmn
Re: Fashola Replies Peter Obi Over Alleged Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos by kzokul(m): 8:56pm On Aug 01, 2013
So orji uzor kalu that threatened to sue you have political ambitions too in this 2014 abi? So, aka ikenga, massob, NBA and all well meaning nigerians that have condemned this dastardly act all have political ambitions in this 2014 abi? So when others have condemned such act, gov peter obi who is the governor of the state you dumped those nigerian citizens shoul keep quiet ba? Because there will be governorship elections in his state. Fashola tell me something I don't know. If peter obi house catches fire now he shouldn't shout for help and call fire service because there is elections in anambra in 2014? If robbers in anambra go on robbery operation for for months peter obi should keep quiet because ther will be elections on november. Hahahahahaha! The same fashola that bought helmet for okada riders before 2011 elections and confiscated their bikes after the elections is making noise. Hahahahahah

149 Likes

Re: Fashola Replies Peter Obi Over Alleged Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos by kettykin: 8:56pm On Aug 01, 2013
“This is a political season and Anambra will be up for contest. And in a political season, unusual things happen and perhaps we are living in an interesting time. And some of the evidence was when one sees two adults kissing on television, it tells you that something is afoot. And it is really important to say that our hospitality in Lagos state is legendary. And it is a global legend that the people of Lagos state are hospitable people. And so is the present government of the state and previous administration”.

you knew it was political season and you decided to make this gaffe there by spoiling Ngige's chances over less fancied candidates.

@Ngige , you had better jump ship before it is late

17 Likes

Re: Fashola Replies Peter Obi Over Alleged Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos by Nobody: 8:58pm On Aug 01, 2013
pistol: Look at this man...
Trying to water down your act of unconstitutional impunity on the alter of Anambra politics.
I repeat...
Just do your worst!

Stop ranting....

Go and show some love to you "deported" brothers and sisters...give them shelter...food and water.

That is the way to show you genuinely care about their plight and not just braying like a goat on NL..

Why are these Igbos trying to outdo one another on who can shout most about this non-issue? undecided

59 Likes

Re: Fashola Replies Peter Obi Over Alleged Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos by ujoinme: 8:59pm On Aug 01, 2013
Fashola is the one causing this crisis and then blaming Gov. Obi for it? Did politics make him deport the igbos? me think its his deep rooted hatred for igbos that informed that decision.
This man is a coward instead of him to apologise for his ill informed decision, he is trying to shift blame.

How is anyone inciting igbos? Fashola's decision for clandestine deportation and unlawful indefinite detention of igbos is the catalyst for this blow back and has nothing to do with others.

Fashola Should man up and own up to you wrongdoing. and stop shifting blame to others.

42 Likes

Re: Fashola Replies Peter Obi Over Alleged Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos by FSU: 8:59pm On Aug 01, 2013
This fasola is really dumb. Is Obi contesting in the coming election? I said it that that cancer in his neck is affecting his brain.

61 Likes

Re: Fashola Replies Peter Obi Over Alleged Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos by pistol: 8:59pm On Aug 01, 2013
[quote author=ilugunboy]Let them keep braying for blood.....they will get ocean full of it....

Ibos and the seas are strangers.....we will make them them swim in the sea.[/quote

What can fashola's worst in this 2013 amount to eh?
Let him just do his worst...
Let's see.
No babolaja in Ladipo market....FACT
Igbos in Lagos and their investments are there to stay.......FACT.
More igbos r relocating to Lagos including moi...FACT
And fashola and his likes can do absolutely nothing about it.......FACT

20 Likes

Re: Fashola Replies Peter Obi Over Alleged Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos by Provie(m): 8:59pm On Aug 01, 2013
Fashola has branded dem homeless & destitutes. Yet som of dem said b4 pressmen dat dey were arrested on their way home. Fashola has stirred d hornet's nest; & by d time dis Hurricane Fashola blows over, we shall all com 2 agree dat d terms "host" & "visitors" have lost their meanings in Lagos for one. Get it straight: the ground has been removd from under sombody's feet forever!

6 Likes

Re: Fashola Replies Peter Obi Over Alleged Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos by EkoAtlantic: 8:59pm On Aug 01, 2013
pistol: Look at this man...
I repeat...
Just do your worst!

What would you have done? Carry Israel's flag as usual!

33 Likes

Re: Fashola Replies Peter Obi Over Alleged Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos by 1oracle(m): 9:00pm On Aug 01, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:
Lol Did Fashola just tell Obi to use common sense?

Why do Ibo still cry war and blood? Do they think war is about holding hands and singing kumbaya?
With the deportation of Nigerians from Lagos to Onitsha by midnight Governor Fashola and those fools supporting this action are already manifesting a Nigeria of their dreams.
One Nigeria is a project that will never work. Enough of this deceit.
I will always respect google because google knows everything, if you doubt me just type "yorubas are" in a google search box, come back and tell me what you see. grin grin grin grin

34 Likes

Re: Fashola Replies Peter Obi Over Alleged Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos by 2mch(m): 9:01pm On Aug 01, 2013
Nice response Fash. We know the usual suspects will try to bring a Yoruba man down. We are with you on this one. Everyone is equal in Lagos. Northerners and Yoruba's were sent back home. Maybe we should start putting them on Ekenedilichukwu bus. grin grin grin

16 Likes

Re: Fashola Replies Peter Obi Over Alleged Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos by pistol: 9:02pm On Aug 01, 2013
ilugunboy:

Stop ranting....

Go and show some love to you "deported" brothers and sisters...give them shelter...food and water.

That is the way to show you genuinely care about their plight and not just braying like a goat on NL..

They are on the next available bus back to Lagos..
this is the end of fashola in national politics.
He just dug his own grave.

18 Likes

Re: Fashola Replies Peter Obi Over Alleged Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos by EkoAtlantic: 9:02pm On Aug 01, 2013
FSU: This fasola is really dumb. Is Obi contesting in the coming election? I said it that that cancer in his neck is affecting his brain.

So, obi won't have his own candidate right?!

Damn! Omo ibo you daft mehn.

27 Likes

Re: Fashola Replies Peter Obi Over Alleged Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos by mgbeketoto: 9:03pm On Aug 01, 2013
And [size=20pt]some of the evidence[/size] was when one sees [size=20pt]two adults kissing on television,[/size] it tells you that something is afoot.

I never guessed that this man was this LOCAL!
What an analogy! cheesy
Peter Obi must have sized him up from afar. . .the reason he never bothered to 'BRIEF' him first!

LOCAL GOVERNOR! HE SURE HAS A PROBLEM COMMUNICATING FOR REAL.grin

I made ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE from his response! undecided

ANODA 'ASSSSSIWAJU' DEGREE FOR SURE! grin

30 Likes

Re: Fashola Replies Peter Obi Over Alleged Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos by 2mch(m): 9:03pm On Aug 01, 2013
pistol:

Why are you afraid of staying in Biafra eldorado Is it that you will be kidnapped or used for rituals and dumped in Ezu river Why are you afraid of asking your state governors to change. See Abia governor, stealing with impunity, yet you are obsessed with Fashola. Dont you have a big problem or you dont see it

20 Likes

Re: Fashola Replies Peter Obi Over Alleged Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos by 1oracle(m): 9:03pm On Aug 01, 2013
Eko Atlantic:

What would you have done? Carry Israel's flag as usual!
Thanks for making a point in the direction that we are far from being one in this hypocritical one Nigeria

4 Likes

Re: Fashola Replies Peter Obi Over Alleged Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos by walton1(m): 9:04pm On Aug 01, 2013
fashola just portrayed the foolishness of his party Acn (Apc) who diversionary tactics is to politicise Every issue.

12 Likes

Re: Fashola Replies Peter Obi Over Alleged Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos by Nobody: 9:04pm On Aug 01, 2013
1oracle:
With the deportation of Nigerians from Lagos to Onitsha by midnight Governor Fashola and those fools supporting this action are already manifesting a Nigeria of their dreams.
I will always respect google because google knows everything, if you doubt me just type "yorubas are" in a google search box, come back and tell me what you see. grin grin grin grin

Then why were Yorubas also deported in 2011?

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Replies Peter Obi Over Alleged Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos by Nobody: 9:05pm On Aug 01, 2013
pistol:

What is the total Igbo speaking states population?

Beside....you people have your price tag...when the time comes....your Ohaneze political prostitutes will be settled.

So keep that threat in your pocket...

5 Likes

Re: Fashola Replies Peter Obi Over Alleged Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos by ujoinme: 9:05pm On Aug 01, 2013
1oracle:

i just did and what i saw on google search box is unprintable. Oboy you wicked --o.lol

25 Likes

Re: Fashola Replies Peter Obi Over Alleged Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos by FSU: 9:06pm On Aug 01, 2013
Eko Atlantic:

So, obi won't have his own candidate right?!

Damn! Omo ibo you daft mehn.

Stuper! Obi's candidate is Soludo and Soludo does not need cheap politicking

5 Likes

Re: Fashola Replies Peter Obi Over Alleged Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos by alaoeri: 9:07pm On Aug 01, 2013
Ride on Fashola abeg more deportation, reconciling families & love ones since 2010 ℓ☺ℓ.

12 Likes

Re: Fashola Replies Peter Obi Over Alleged Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos by FSU: 9:07pm On Aug 01, 2013
No gainsaying Fasola is over with in national politics. He can contest for Lagos Senate.

9 Likes

Re: Fashola Replies Peter Obi Over Alleged Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos by EkoAtlantic: 9:09pm On Aug 01, 2013
mgbeketoto:

I never guessed that this man was this LOCAL!
What an analogy! cheesy
Peter Obi must have sized him up from afar. . .the reason he never bothered to 'BRIEF' him first!

LOCAL GOVERNOR! grin

Lwkm.
Simply because you've got a shallow brain that couldn't code a sentence, it means the speaker's local.
...True son of alaigbo
You're truly repping. grin

32 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply)

Andrew Yakubu: $9.7m, £74000 Found In My House By EFCC Were Given To Me As Gifts / Yoruba and Northern Nigerians Beheaded In Saudi Arabia (2008 article)- refresher / Faces Of The Officers That Allegedly Mismanaged, Diverted And Looted $2.1b

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.