Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,576 members, 7,801,652 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 07:29 PM

- Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / (2680 Views)

Catholicism: The Naivety And Gullibility Of Catholic Followers / The Dedication Of Catholic Church, Nkpor Anambra (Photos) / Video Of Catholic Priest Mastubating In Front Of Congregation During Mass (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: by Kay17: 12:04am On Aug 17, 2013
If I love God without any strength but with all my heart, is that Love?
Re: by BERNIMOORE: 8:34am On Aug 17, 2013
Kay 17: If I love God without any strength but with all my heart, is that Love?

(note) we cant proceed until you show how you can practically display the love towards God, you suggest patriotsm but its more than that, from the inspired records of early christian, patriotsm was brushed aside when it comes in conflict with doing Gods will, which shows that love for God should be superceedes patriotsm

Acts 5:27-29

27, The apostles were brought in and made to appear before the Sanhedrin to be questioned by the high priest.

28[b] "We gave you strict orders not to teach in this name," he said. [/b]"Yet you have filled Jerusalem with your teaching and are determined to make us guilty of this man's blood."

29 But Peter and the apostles answered and said,[size=18pt] We must obey God rather than men[/size].

Acts 4:19
But [size=14pt]Peter and John replied, "Which is right in God's eyes: to listen to you, or to him? [/size]You be the judges!
Re: by Kay17: 3:38pm On Aug 17, 2013
Please answer my question in my last post

The patriotism example was to demonstrate how patriots love their nation despite the fact that the nation is abstract and not of real substance. I wasn't trying to say patriotism is better than love for God
Re: by BERNIMOORE: 6:55pm On Aug 17, 2013
Kay 17: Please answer my question in my last post

The patriotism example was to demonstrate how patriots love their nation despite the fact that the nation is abstract and not of real substance. I wasn't trying to say patriotism is better than love for God

i dont know what you are talking about, the issue on ground is ways that one can demostrate practically one's love for God, with whole heart, our soul, all our mind, and all our strength"

im not asking for comparism with patriotsm, but we have to establish ways that we can practically show the love in (1-4) above

sorry you are not a christian, and this is a christian issue, our discussion will be meaninful only if we can state ways that we can demostrate love for God with (1-4) above in consideration, any answer devoid of this is null!

anyway if you like be going round the question, but here i stand !
Re: by Kay17: 8:06pm On Aug 17, 2013
The question is: can one love without all his heart and yet with all his strength?
Re: by BERNIMOORE: 10:46pm On Aug 17, 2013
Kay 17: The question is: can one love without all his heart and yet with all his strength?

what is that love that you are talking about?idont know?

you have all the wealth of options to choose from grin grin grin

you saw other humans one on one,and you manifest a kind of love towards them practically

but the question is you dont see God the way you see humans, he is invincible

yes, Love is always unconditionally, made wholeheartedly, selfless, pure etc.

but how do you practically show it unconditional, wholeheartedly, selfless, pure etc. in these areas of command that you uphold,

that is to show the love you describe to God with:

1,all our heart,

2,all our soul,

3,all our mind,

4, and all our strength".

how, lets continue dancing around brother, i enjoy it! grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: by Kay17: 5:22am On Aug 18, 2013
All I'm trying to stress is that love is naturally selflessness along with other fantastic qualities, hence it is inconceiveable to have Love without selflessness. So all that "love with all your heart and strength" is still mere love.

However Love does not necessarily imply obedience to commands. Fear is the appropriate factor, not love.
Re: by BERNIMOORE: 11:04pm On Aug 18, 2013
Kay 17: All I'm trying to stress is that love is naturally selflessness along with other fantastic qualities, hence it is inconceiveable to have Love without selflessness. So all that "love with all your heart and strength" is still mere love.

However Love does not necessarily imply obedience to commands. Fear is the appropriate factor, not love.

you have just demostrated the fact that you hate GOD, YES YOU HATE GOD OF CREATION! You cant even imagine yourself practically loving him, AND OBEY HIS COMMANDS simple!

you take it upon yourself to play down what the scripture DEMANDED of you towards your GOD to obey his commands

at times most people like you who dont respect God comes into religion thread and commenting on issues that are meant for christians you say what you dont know because you are not one of the christians

as it is now, the topic of the thread is about a shameful act treated cowardly by a supposed-to-be so called pope francis who was held in high esteem and was expected to take the lead in preserving the morality upheld in the bible, but his stand on the issue forced someone who was a member of his church to change his view and question the eligibility of pope francis as a leader of christ followers.

you came in 'as a non-christian' to support pope francis when you dont 'live the christian life' so how can you make a meaninful contribution on this issue?
you cannot even mention any way that love can be shown practically to God, yet you feel that you can join on this christian issue, as you can see, you dont belong here if i may just tell you this,

you are NOT a christian as you have earlier mentioned, so you cannot know what we are talking about..that morality should be the order that is upheld among christians.

you are NOT a christian as you have earlier mentioned, you dont belong here if i may just tell you
Re: by BERNIMOORE: 11:08pm On Aug 18, 2013
Kay 17: All I'm trying to stress is that love is naturally selflessness along with other fantastic qualities, hence it is inconceiveable to have Love without selflessness. So all that "love with all your heart and strength" is still mere love.

love love love, you dont evenknow anything about love, you cannot even explain its practical applications!
Re: by Kay17: 2:55am On Aug 20, 2013
^^^
However the love for God is not the basis of morality, because morality is normative, dictates behaviour and sets out to enforce such rules.

Besides if you obey God's commands because of the love for him rather than fear, then inversely God ought to obey our commands if he loves us. And we can punish God for failing to obey us. Awkward, right?!
Re: by BERNIMOORE: 7:47am On Aug 20, 2013
Kay 17: ^^^
However the love for God is not the basis of morality, because morality is normative, dictates behaviour and sets out to enforce such rules.

Besides if you obey God's commands because of the love for him rather than fear, then inversely God ought to obey our commands if he loves us. And we can punish God for failing to obey us. Awkward, right?!

bolded above shows you are an atheist! true or false?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Against The Trinity / House On The Rock Lagosbranch Bans The Use Of Mini Skirts & Heels Tochurch / The Woman Called Earth Is Homophobic (Full Version)*

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.