Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,538 members, 7,808,974 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:19 PM

Mind The Lyrics: Poor Lyrics In The Nigerian Music Industry - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Mind The Lyrics: Poor Lyrics In The Nigerian Music Industry (997 Views)

LYRICS: In My Head Lyrics By Solidstar / Need The Lyrics Of "bianule" By Samsung / I Need Faze's "need Somebody" Lyrics In The Album "independent". (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mind The Lyrics: Poor Lyrics In The Nigerian Music Industry by lumeviews: 11:51pm On Aug 01, 2013
As an artist when considering making a hit song first thing that comes to mind is the beat, secondly, the hook, well that’s about it nowadays ‘cos every time I turn on my TV I’m greeted by some auto-tuned chorus, banging beats while some rapper put out some wack rhymes and words together to form a verse, it’s irritating sometimes that the verses and chorus don’t even sync while basically some songs just lack subject matter. So they talk about money and girls in a song right? How about having other tracks on the album with a different subject matter? Is it just me or doesn’t it bore the listeners whenever they lay back in their 2010 Honda Accord (Well, anything with the quietness would do) bumping an album for an hour and all they keep hearing is ”bling” ”w***s” ”b***hes” ”money” e.t.c. OK! I admit when we are clubbing we don’t care to listen to the lyrics ‘cos we just want to have fun and move our bodies, understandably OK but what happened to being entertained as well as educated. The lyrics is a vital part of a song and should be paid attention to. There are different ways to improve the lyrical content of our music;

Speaking about lyrics, apparently rappers and other artists come up with some bullshit these days. I got lots of examples you can check out below and see what sense you can make out of them;

”all the girls de wash me like omo” by Davido

Omo* is a detergent, it is used to wash clothes, plates, e.t.c. So how come the girls are washing him (hyping him/ deceiving him/ flattering him) like Omo*. Unbelievable!!!

”I wish say, I fit say, you too fine pass my mama but that is impossible, thumps up to your mama cos she made it possible” by PSquare

Here, PSquare says they feel the girl is finer than their mother and that is impossible but thumps up to her mother ‘cos she made it possible What I think I’m not the only one confused here, PSquare too.

”I’m a Don Corleone” by Iyanya

Don Corleone is a character from The Godfather*. He says he is a Don Corleone like Don Corleone is a noun. If Iyanya is correct,then can I say I’m an Iyanya

FOR MORE POOR LYRICS CHECK OUT

SOURCE: MIND THE LYRICS
Re: Mind The Lyrics: Poor Lyrics In The Nigerian Music Industry by lumeviews: 11:53pm On Aug 01, 2013
Hey! Every time I put on the TV, I am greeted by some more wack lyrics, do y'all remember a song titled Baba De Baba? Worse lyrics of the year, would post some of it here soon.
Re: Mind The Lyrics: Poor Lyrics In The Nigerian Music Industry by taiocol: 12:22am On Aug 02, 2013
if u need cool lyrics. Try this artist. Mode9, loose kaynon, mi, boogey, iceberg slim. If evrybdy in 9ja were to be me the likes of psquare, wizkid, davido, 2face etc nr go sell one track
Re: Mind The Lyrics: Poor Lyrics In The Nigerian Music Industry by engrtee(f): 2:04am On Aug 02, 2013
2 face

tear drop fall from d sky

rain drop fall from my eyes
Re: Mind The Lyrics: Poor Lyrics In The Nigerian Music Industry by okennaM: 8:56am On Aug 02, 2013
I high time we change our lyrics cos it probably corrupting our children and still will corrupt the yet unborn. Check out bob dylan, john meyer, bruce sprinsteen, johhn lenon, timi dakolo, etc. This the people that sings song that makes impact in our life and passes massage too, they make u think and rethink positively.
Re: Mind The Lyrics: Poor Lyrics In The Nigerian Music Industry by Indifferent(m): 9:05am On Aug 02, 2013
Thats why 2face will be their king forever. He gives you the lyrics and the sound
Re: Mind The Lyrics: Poor Lyrics In The Nigerian Music Industry by lumeviews: 9:15am On Aug 02, 2013
engrtee: 2 face

tear drop fall from d sky

rain drop fall from my eyes
He really said that?
Re: Mind The Lyrics: Poor Lyrics In The Nigerian Music Industry by lumeviews: 9:22am On Aug 02, 2013
Baba – Baba De Baba

“I get small belle (belle)
they like my belle (belle)
they wan’ carry belle (belle)
but I know gree”

The above words from Baba either portrays him as someone that is totally insane and lost in his childhood or he thinks we are. I would have just pasted the song lyrics in here. I will love to request for his notepad or where ever he wrote this song on. Baba is a genius. lol
Re: Mind The Lyrics: Poor Lyrics In The Nigerian Music Industry by Indifferent(m): 1:20pm On Aug 02, 2013
lumeviews:
He really said that?
yea, he simply personified the sky and exergerated the rate of tears you will shed when you enter gobe like he did
Re: Mind The Lyrics: Poor Lyrics In The Nigerian Music Industry by airmark(m): 10:36am On Aug 03, 2013
taiocol: if u need cool lyrics. Try this artist. mi

MI? He once said '' I solo like isolo''
Re: Mind The Lyrics: Poor Lyrics In The Nigerian Music Industry by yoji: 2:06pm On Aug 03, 2013
Its not d artists that are wack, with all due respect, its ur taste in music that's wack. U ignore artists like bez, asa, mode9, praiz, becca, waje, toba gold, etc and u go for d wack ones and wen they give u wackness, u start complaining. Even in d albums of the so called artists with wack lyrics, they have songs that aren't noisy and reflects their struggles in life. But u ignore them are go for d wack jams. Our artists aren't wack, the radio stations promote wack songs cos its wat d public want. And by d way, u over estimate the topics out there music can cover.
Re: Mind The Lyrics: Poor Lyrics In The Nigerian Music Industry by Sammyashol(m): 12:31am On Aug 04, 2013
1st page tinz... Not matter what i believe that our artit are trying, you cant compare them with foreign artist, The way they re brought up is different. So you dont expect Olamide to rap lyk Meek Mill but Wale Folarin can do that and even more all because of the environ he grew in...... Olamiide don talk am fffinish.. Toba easy ki iyalaya yin wa bo lori mic... You just gat to appreciate them... I love naija music, culture`
Re: Mind The Lyrics: Poor Lyrics In The Nigerian Music Industry by lumeviews: 12:39am On Aug 04, 2013
airmark:

MI? He once said '' I solo like isolo''

MI once said " I just want you to feel me, the real me, still me,now let's go" on Anoti and also " Drilling all your riggily" on the remix with Djinee

(1) (Reply)

9ja Throwback Party Hosted By DJ TAILA / MIXTAPE: DJ Kentalky – “swag 2.0” (something We Africans Got) MIX / Top 5 Living Hip-hop Legends.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.