Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,330 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:23 AM

How Nigerians Behave As Car Owners - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Nigerians Behave As Car Owners (26557 Views)

Fuel Scarcity: V6 Car Owners, How Are You Guys Coping? / Bus Driver Uses Screw Driver As Car Key In Lagos (Photos) / Two Die As Car Rams Into A Tree And Breaks To Pieces (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Nigerians Behave As Car Owners by EiE1(f): 11:08pm On Aug 04, 2013
http://www.begent.org/intelquiz.htm
Pls click on the link and help urself of this benefit!
Re: How Nigerians Behave As Car Owners by hardbody: 11:09pm On Aug 04, 2013
I never acted in any unto wards manner against pedestrians. I am always conscious of everyone's potential of driving at least one car in a life time. I slow down where there are poodles to avoid splashing people with dirty water. Even when I mistakenly rush people to cross zebra crossings, I always slow down to apologize. Recall, all that trekk are not without cars, some parked and are walking down for convenience. I do it a lot when I am in Lagos island. I park at the Marina car park and walk to my destination be it CBN, NSE or any of such places around broad street and it's adjoining business areas. Finally, some people trekking actually drive better car than you do, so I belittle no one.

14 Likes

Re: How Nigerians Behave As Car Owners by Deyinka007: 11:13pm On Aug 04, 2013
I swear I read this same OP on this forum sometime last year or two years ago.
Re: How Nigerians Behave As Car Owners by switdil(f): 11:14pm On Aug 04, 2013
Omo!!! gbogbo igberaga jor. Enof gobe if anything touch am.
Re: How Nigerians Behave As Car Owners by alienware(m): 11:14pm On Aug 04, 2013
Ikenna351: Op,

Plagiarism is a serious offence which the forum doesnt allow. Dont copy another man's work and pretend its yours. Its a serious legal matter. It will get you a long ban next time.

Moderator.
This moderator is "plagiarism" mad ! 99% of content on nairaland and the web are rehashed and posted online.
Re: How Nigerians Behave As Car Owners by mitey(m): 11:14pm On Aug 04, 2013
hardbody: I never acted in any unto wards manner against pedestrians. I am always conscious of everyone's potential of driving at least one car in a life time. I slow down where there are poodles to avoid splashing people with dirty water. Even when I mistakenly rush people to cross zebra crossings, I always slow down to apologize. Recall, all that trekk are not without cars, some parked and are walking down for convenience. I do it a lot when I am in Lagos island. I park at the Marina car park and walk to my destination be it CBN, NSE or any of such places around broad street and it's adjoining business areas. Finally, some people trekking actually drive better car than you do, so I belittle no one.
^^^^ Bloody Hypocrite!!! angry
Re: How Nigerians Behave As Car Owners by clemzy05: 11:15pm On Aug 04, 2013
Really like seriously... owning a car does not make you a better person angry... It's your personality and mentality undecided
AnodaIT: When buying recharge card from the girl in your street, never come out of the car. Stay in there and hoot the horn, you will see her leaving the footed customer to sell you the N100 you needed. Dont bother feeling sorry for the other customers, remember that was how you use to stand. God time is the best
Re: How Nigerians Behave As Car Owners by Nobody: 11:15pm On Aug 04, 2013
Reminds me of my neighbor Akpan
Re: How Nigerians Behave As Car Owners by Nightshift(m): 11:16pm On Aug 04, 2013
Nigerian's old mentality of ' my Mercedes is bigger than yours' has continued to evolve since the 70s oil boom years.
The problem now is, that drivers of cheap Japanese vehicles are claiming to be the new kings on Nigerian roads. Those folks don't realize they aren't got the real machines. Porsche, BMW, Mercedes- Benz and Audi are the real machines! grin

1 Like

Re: How Nigerians Behave As Car Owners by rodeo0070(m): 11:22pm On Aug 04, 2013
Only in Niger-Area...
Re: How Nigerians Behave As Car Owners by Anniettieufia(m): 11:23pm On Aug 04, 2013
Home theater is no longer useful in the house or being sold in the shops,

Your car has now replaced a DJ's instrument and entertaining outlets ,

playing such musicals hips from Sky-P, Tu-pac, Akon etc, with the volume and Bass control raised to its climax,
Your street or compound has become a CENIMA ?
NO one shl talk, nna your money.

1 Like

Re: How Nigerians Behave As Car Owners by Ojestas(m): 11:23pm On Aug 04, 2013
holding car keys recklessly
Re: How Nigerians Behave As Car Owners by ajf(m): 11:23pm On Aug 04, 2013
Siena:

It's a bit of tongue-in-cheek humour, don't you get it?

Some people are just born dull, they don't get anything.....

4 Likes

Re: How Nigerians Behave As Car Owners by 190: 11:24pm On Aug 04, 2013
or attach GUN SHOT Horns to your car

then speed behind an okada and Hoot once

watch the okada swerve away into the bush

priceless, i do it all the time

9 Likes

Re: How Nigerians Behave As Car Owners by Revolva(m): 11:30pm On Aug 04, 2013
Always make sure you curse...people..who try to overtake you..stupid old man iya la iia and yeye woman...no be ashewo...u do take buy moto....lol.cos in lagos if u never curse before and you are a car owner you are the world greatest liar

2 Likes

Re: How Nigerians Behave As Car Owners by shegsrules(m): 11:31pm On Aug 04, 2013
Y b say na only banana n plantain u b monkey
Re: How Nigerians Behave As Car Owners by Osama10(m): 11:39pm On Aug 04, 2013
Anniettie ufia: Home theater is no longer useful in the house or being sold in the shops,

Your car has now replaced a DJ's instrument and entertaining outlets ,

playing such musicals hips from Sky-P, Tu-pac, Akon etc, with the volume and Bass control raised to its climax,
Your street or compound has become a CENIMA ?
Guilty of This.
NO one shl talk, nna your money.
Re: How Nigerians Behave As Car Owners by ghettodreamz(m): 11:48pm On Aug 04, 2013
Loud the gbedu anytime you wanna leave home or returning home in the evening as you'r about to enter your street. (I celebrate by Waconzy).

On the army sticker, omo na die you de oooo. Gone are those days a civilian can easily use the stickers but nowadays if you don't have a strong reference as to the source where you got that from, if any military man jam you, your own don b dat day. On the risky side of it, if lets say a number of armed robbers are operating on the highway or anywhere along your driving route, omo na serious kasala; sure say na end of the road be that ooooo.

If your car no come with industrial tint, go buy fake tint and cover your damn screen with it. Na Ilefo things. But if Nija poliz nab you, omo u don ready part with some dol from your wallet b dat ELSE one stupid poliz Oga at d top fit de reason you impoundment of ya car(You go fear nija poliz na, awon madt ppl).
Re: How Nigerians Behave As Car Owners by bidexolumanish(m): 11:58pm On Aug 04, 2013
come calabar come watch car owner now,u go curse tired.
Re: How Nigerians Behave As Car Owners by Samoo01: 12:07am On Aug 05, 2013
Nightshift: Nigerian's old mentality of ' my Mercedes is bigger than yours' has continued to evolve since the 70s oil boom years.
The problem now is, that drivers of cheap Japanese vehicles are claiming to be the new kings on Nigerian roads. Those folks don't realize they aren't got the real machines. Porsche, BMW, Mercedes- Benz and Audi are the real machines! grin

Your point being?
Re: How Nigerians Behave As Car Owners by Asemo11(m): 12:25am On Aug 05, 2013
i no go forget my naibour papa didi when him buy in camry the warming of the car they make we remember say i don late for work na so him cum build iron fence round the car (for compound way get gate oh) 2.4 him day watch d car all d gul for my stret cum day form familarity with am

2 Likes

Re: How Nigerians Behave As Car Owners by Ama28(f): 1:10am On Aug 05, 2013
For ladies - Buying the best car key holder (the lastest has fake stones and compact mirrow), waving your key wherever you go and using your key to scratch itching dandruff filled weavon!

Making sure to give your pedestrian friends ride and loosing those that own cars especially better once since you don't want competition nor anyone that will dampen your morale

Wearing the most skimpy shorts even when you have horrible legs. So the full effect of the car can be complemented

Learning to wind up fast incase you run into a friend so they don't know you aren't using air conditioner even when your car has none

9 Likes

Re: How Nigerians Behave As Car Owners by mafioso47(m): 1:47am On Aug 05, 2013
Venchy: It's all poverty issues and lack of exposure.

An ordinary peice of Metal is always an ultimate thing to ignorant.
not a piece of metal.. It's a beautifully crafted piece of mechanical + electronic machine with so much Kinetic Energy and/Horse Power (V6 and V8) and when it Roars.. You know wat I mean lolzz. I love cars

7 Likes

Re: How Nigerians Behave As Car Owners by Obinna138: 1:50am On Aug 05, 2013
You will always wind down and slow down the moment you enter you street to eneable people see you driving you car.

2 Likes

Re: How Nigerians Behave As Car Owners by Truckpusher(m): 1:53am On Aug 05, 2013
trae_z:

Always have the courtesy to quote from your source man; copyright and all. respect Elnathan John's intellectual property

http://www.dailytimes.com.ng/opinion/how-behave-car-owner-nigeria
This is what i call INTELLECTUAL THEFT.....OP was so engrossed in dissing Nigeria that he forgot that his masterpiece was actually a stolen intellectual property....continue your stealing spree at least those drivers are still better than you.After all, they didn't steal the cars they're driving.

2 Likes

Re: How Nigerians Behave As Car Owners by SwitnessA(m): 2:17am On Aug 05, 2013
Wen my friend buy car, meeeen! We were lyk strangers 2 him den bt as dem cm thief d car normalcy cm return 2 d guy head. Imagine my guy beggn 4 a card. Pls treat pipl wey u meet 4 road well as u de climb up cos u go still meet dem if u de cm down.

3 Likes

Re: How Nigerians Behave As Car Owners by Nobody: 3:01am On Aug 05, 2013
While driving, look out on stranded passengers having a hard tym with trasportation n wish a fine lady may flag you for a hike which u may respond, or gentleman may flag you in which u will ignore. wink

4 Likes

Re: How Nigerians Behave As Car Owners by Blessmira: 4:06am On Aug 05, 2013
careytommy: I pray i remember all this when i finally get.mine grin

U better add this 2 ur favorite or mark d Link. lol cheesy

1 Like

Re: How Nigerians Behave As Car Owners by wwwkaycom(m): 4:44am On Aug 05, 2013
poverty mentality at its apogee, its not good to be poor men
Re: How Nigerians Behave As Car Owners by 1dickatatime: 4:54am On Aug 05, 2013
chess guru: But sincerely, I used to think that the kind of drivers in lagos where the worst until I came 2 PH. That's when I confirmed that AC and fan are 2 different entities!
The driving attitude here is J̶̲̥̅̊u̶̲̥̅̊S̤̥̈̊τ̲̣̣̥ plane sick. My mum came 2 ph for the 1st time said ph driving reminded her of driving in lagos in 1990's. angry
Don't even think of sticking ur hand out the window to beg other cars so you can enter a lane, cos ur hand will stay there and sprout roots, wither, dry up and die before anyone pays attention to you! angry
Don't even let me start with the one way some foooools do along that dilapidated narrow rumuodara to rumuokoro road!
Or the bus drivers that don't feel that pedestrians deserve to be trekking since they will convert the side walk to their express road!
Then there is the double parking or the taxi drivers that feel they can "match" break in full motion @ any point of the road to collect passengers. The fact that every single spot in ph (except aba road) is a bustop doesn't help matters.
Or the mofos that can cut their engine in a narrow street, leave their car and go out to buy meat (saw that nonsense this morning on my way to church) while all other cars behind him need to maneuver around his car J̶̲̥̅̊u̶̲̥̅̊S̤̥̈̊τ̲̣̣̥ to get by.
The list is endless angry
Port-HI-court I hail!!!!
The most over hyped town in Nigeria tongue

So on point, I live in PHC and this is so true. If you know their story you wont be surprised,when Amaechi ban the use of commercial motorcycles(okada) most of them became emergency cab drivers and there's this impatience of rushing to nowhere, its just crazy here.
Re: How Nigerians Behave As Car Owners by eightsin(m): 4:57am On Aug 05, 2013
seedord247: So car is an achievement in nigeria? shocked

C m.u.m.u. Which part of d world is owning a car isn't an achvmnt? U wnt to shw ursef.

3 Likes

Re: How Nigerians Behave As Car Owners by amiskurie(m): 5:13am On Aug 05, 2013
good!
all nigerian traffic offenders in one room,boko haram really need to do something here cos road safety wouldonly collect bribe.
(((((kaboooom)))))

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

This 202-mph Audi RS7 Sportback From Addamor Is The World’s Fastest Armoured Car / Kia Owners Forum / 450 BMW's Worth N5.5b Damaged In Sandstorm While Travelling From Germany To UK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.