Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,314 members, 7,808,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:19 AM

Tips To Avoid Deportation In Lagos. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tips To Avoid Deportation In Lagos. (1737 Views)

Fashola Apologizes Over Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos State / How Lagos Broke Its Own Laws On Deportation - Femi Falana / Nigerian Hangs Himself In UK Over Fear Of Deportation To Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tips To Avoid Deportation In Lagos. by ba7man(m): 11:08am On Aug 02, 2013
Since deportation is trending in the media, its best to have information on how to avoid being personally affected and being shipped off to that "Head Bridge" in Onitsha by Gov Fashola's task force.

(1) Before embarking on that trip to Lagos, make sure you have a contact address you're going to.

Those days of dropping off at motor parks with your clothes in a nylon bag and sleeping on benches in the park are over. If You're caught, you will be .............. (Fill in the gap).

(2) Have a mission in Lagos.

You just can't drop off at the park with the goal to make money and not have a ready made plan on how to go about it.

Not having a plan can lead to you having to walk around aimlessly which makes you a target for .............(Fill in the blank).

(3) Try to look good and pls, take your bath.

No one will start checking if you're wearing a designer labelled outfit or smell your armpits to see if you've had your bath but I'm sure a bad smell and dirty clothings is what those deported have in common.

(4) Make yourself useful.

No responsible person can be deported. I've crossed pedestrian bridges and seen crippled beggers sweeping them. LASG has started giving them reflective outfits to wear as a sign of approval of their efforts. No one can deport them.

Try coming into Lagos and report at a Local Government council. Tell them you will clean gutters for free but they must permit you to leave a begging bowl where you're working and see if they won't be in a hurry to help you out.

Be useful in your host community. If plants and animals can be useful, you as a human has no excuse.

(5) Try as much as possible not to break the law.

When you're caught, they'll ask you questions about where you reside. If you can't provide satisfactory answers, you will be ..............(Fill in the blank).

Follow these guidelines and I'm sure you'll have a Deportation free stay in Lagos.

More contributions are welcome.

7 Likes

Re: Tips To Avoid Deportation In Lagos. by fredopayee(m): 11:15am On Aug 02, 2013
And you still travell out of the country illegal??
Re: Tips To Avoid Deportation In Lagos. by ba7man(m): 12:22pm On Aug 02, 2013
fredopayee: And you still travell out of the country illegal??
Dude....What are you saying??
Re: Tips To Avoid Deportation In Lagos. by eagleeye2: 12:32pm On Aug 02, 2013
@op,
Have you ever wondered how bad apartheid was in South Africa.... I only have pity for those whose income are very low. Because a time will come this deportation of a thing will consume almost all poor people regardless of tribe or creed.
Eko O ni baje Oh!
Obaji ti ra ra

1 Like

Re: Tips To Avoid Deportation In Lagos. by PapaBrowne(m): 1:30pm On Aug 02, 2013
And please make sure you visit the Lagos Embassy before embarking on your trip. Ensure that you are given the appropriate visa. If you intend to work in Lagos, please don't come in with a visiting visa.

And for all those that currently reside in Lagos and haven't obtained thier resident permit, please endeavor to do so.

And in the event that you are not deported by 2015, don't forget to vote out ACN/APC as that is the only sure way of remaining in Lagos beyond then.

Wish you'll the best.

As for me, I am going to Alausa on Monday to renew my residence permit. Or better still I will ask if they can grant me permanent residence.

1 Like

Re: Tips To Avoid Deportation In Lagos. by ba7man(m): 2:35pm On Aug 02, 2013
Any sane human being rich or poor should be able to follow the tips giving above. Its to help them in any environment they find themselves in.

Someone should pls point out anything wrong with what's being written above. A large population of Nigerians have merely existed and that's why this Country is the way it is.

Make yourselves useful or risk being taken as destitutes and bundled home. Simple.

2 Likes

Re: Tips To Avoid Deportation In Lagos. by ba7man(m): 2:54pm On Aug 02, 2013
eagle,eye:
@op,
Have you ever wondered how bad apartheid was in South Africa.... I only have pity for those whose income are very low. Because a time will come this deportation of a thing will consume almost all poor people regardless of tribe or creed.
Eko O ni baje Oh!
Obaji ti ra ra
This isn't about the poor, its about destitutes. Clueless people wandering around aimlessly. I even believe as much as 70 percent of Lagosians are poor....but a lot of them have made themselves useful.

I'm on site right now and my workers aint rich but they're useful so it gives them a sense of purpose.

I still bought gala at Ojota in a hold-up yesterday and it was an Igbo guy that sold it to me. K.A.I (they wear green) were present and everyone was goin about their business.
Re: Tips To Avoid Deportation In Lagos. by tpia5: 3:04pm On Aug 02, 2013
ba7man: Any sane human being rich or poor should be able to follow the tips giving above. Its to help them in any environment they find themselves in.

Someone should pls point out anything wrong with what's being written above. A large population of Nigerians have merely existed and that's why this Country is the way it is.

Make yourselves useful or risk being taken as destitutes and bundled home. Simple.

as they say, when the music changes, so should the dance steps.

if destitutes are being picked up and reunited with their families, then if you dont want to see your family, get something doing so you wont be destitute.

not rocket science, lord have mercy.
Re: Tips To Avoid Deportation In Lagos. by ba7man(m): 3:06pm On Aug 02, 2013
Garri the 1st: IBOs are definitely jotting down those nice points!!

grin grin
Garri in the building....

Abeg, I no call any tribe oooo....
Re: Tips To Avoid Deportation In Lagos. by Okijajuju1(m): 3:08pm On Aug 02, 2013
angry
Re: Tips To Avoid Deportation In Lagos. by Nobody: 3:16pm On Aug 02, 2013
Okija_juju: angry
nwoke oma, kedu? I miss you passionately!! wink

op, where's the source of your post? when you fail to provide one, transfer this crap you just wrote to the travel section.
Re: Tips To Avoid Deportation In Lagos. by Nobody: 3:22pm On Aug 02, 2013
Very clearly written for any human being to understand ....if you don't understand and run foul of the rules....that won't be an excuse...you will treated like an animal.
Re: Tips To Avoid Deportation In Lagos. by tpia5: 3:23pm On Aug 02, 2013
una dey take style find husband?

why not go to dating section.
Re: Tips To Avoid Deportation In Lagos. by ba7man(m): 3:29pm On Aug 02, 2013
LADY OF RAGE: nwoke oma, kedu? I miss you passionately!! wink

op, where's the source of your post? when you fail to provide one, transfer this crap you just wrote to the travel section.
The source is from my head. These are the tips I'v followed for over 30years that has helped me avoid being deported from Lagos.

If you like, ignore the tips, but when you're being bundled out of Lagos, don't say i didn't warn you.

2 Likes

Re: Tips To Avoid Deportation In Lagos. by Nobody: 3:35pm On Aug 02, 2013
ba7man: The source is from my head. These are the tips I'v followed for over 30years that has helped me avoid being deported from Lagos.

If you like, ignore the tips, but when you're being bundled out of Lagos, don't say i didn't warn you.
The source is from your head, really? Your head needs to be re examined. No insult intended. grin
Re: Tips To Avoid Deportation In Lagos. by Okijajuju1(m): 3:48pm On Aug 02, 2013
LADY OF RAGE: nwoke oma, kedu? I miss you passionately!! wink

Nwanyi Oma!

Nne ke ka ime?! Idi kwa mma?!
Re: Tips To Avoid Deportation In Lagos. by Nobody: 3:52pm On Aug 02, 2013
Okija_juju:

Nwanyi Oma!

Nne ke ka ime?! Idi kwa mma?!
Yes i am. Ekele diri chineke! cool
Re: Tips To Avoid Deportation In Lagos. by Nobody: 4:04pm On Aug 02, 2013
for lagos to have a right of deportation, they will first have
1. Stop collecting oil money of the south south in the name of federal allocation
2. Stop collecting tax - vat, coy income, toll fares etc from non indegines. But what will lagos be with tax and federal allocation as dey no get any natural resources.
3. Call back their people from other state

1 Like

Re: Tips To Avoid Deportation In Lagos. by tpia5: 4:06pm On Aug 02, 2013
LADY OF RAGE: The source is from your head, really? Your head needs to be re examined. No insult intended. grin

so because he didnt tell you what you want to hear, you prefer to insult him?

are you sure you dont have some screws loose upstairs.
Re: Tips To Avoid Deportation In Lagos. by ba7man(m): 4:12pm On Aug 02, 2013
LADY OF RAGE: The source is from your head, really? Your head needs to be re examined. No insult intended. grin
It seems you don't generate anything in that head of yours....It must be hollow and full of air.

If you can't reason simple points to help you better yourself in your environment, I'm sorry but your daftness will simply hold you and anyone that associates with you back in life.
Re: Tips To Avoid Deportation In Lagos. by shaybebaby(f): 8:26pm On Aug 02, 2013
You are obviously an airhead with breeze blowing between your ears if you find the thought that someone can come up with thoughts of his own incomprehensible.
Re: Tips To Avoid Deportation In Lagos. by Nobody: 8:48pm On Aug 02, 2013
but I came 2 lagos 2 look 4 ma love of 8years*
Re: Tips To Avoid Deportation In Lagos. by ba7man(m): 8:56pm On Aug 02, 2013
hbpeze: but I came 2 lagos 2 look 4 ma love of 8years*
Don't worry, you have a legit reason. Just pray she hasn't been snatched by one Island Big-boy.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Emir's Son Arrested For Causing Bomb Scare In Kano School / Ebola : Very Important Message On Ebola That May Save Your Life ! / Gov Chime’s Ostrich, Monkey Attack Police Man, Civilian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.